NHL: 2019-2020 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 63 comments
The National Hockey League returns today! Under the NHL's "bubble," a number of teams will play from here on out for the Stanley Cup. That's right- Playoffs Mode! Enjoy whatever action you get to follow.

The National Hockey League has gone on a lot without me updating you all on its progress, and I apologize for not keeping you all posted. All I can say now is... we have our Stanley Cup Finals series! Playing for Lord Stanley's Cup will be:

DAL Stars vs. TB Lightning

That's right! Here is how each team's series run went heading into this point...

On Dallas' side, they defeated the Calgary Flames 4-2, the Colorado Avalanche 4-3, and the Vegas Golden Knights 4-1. Tampa Bay defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-1, the Boston Bruins 4-1, and the New York Islanders 4-2.

So the champions of this most unusual season will either be the Dallas Stars or the Tampa Bay Lightning. I remember when Dallas won it all in 1999 or so, and I am sure Dallas feels this is a long time coming if indeed they do win the championship in the 2019-2020 season. Tampa Bay is no stranger to greatness in their own right. Could the Lightning hoist the Stanley Cup again?

The Stanley Cup Finals begin this Saturday (I believe). Get psyched if you're an NHL fan! If you care to discuss... who do you think will win the championship, and (optional) in how many games?

Coming up shortly is Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final between the Dallas Stars and the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Lightning lead 3-1 in the series. If Tampa Bay wins tonight, the Lightning will be your champions of the 2019-2020 season.

Lord Stanley's Cup has its owner for the 2019-2020 season. And so... the Tampa Bay Lightning are your 2019-2020 NHL Champions! Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals resulted in a 2-0 victory for the Tampa Bay Lightning over the Dallas Stars. Big D couldn't force a Game 7, and so it's the Lightning taking home arguably the most beautiful trophy in American sports. All congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning and great season by the Dallas Stars.

Back