Night Riders - GT Endurance in the Dark

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 172 comments
United States
New York
N24-2.jpg

Do you love the Nurburgring? Do you hate being able to see a meter in front of your car? Well I sure have the racing event for you then!

In this one-off event you'll be racing alongside 15 other drivers in GT machinery through the dead of night for just over an hour. With only your headlights and a memory of the Nordschleife to guide your way. How thrilling!!

Event Timing:
June 14th (Sunday) 19:00 GMT (15:00 EST, 20:00 BST, 04:00 JST)
Lobby will open at 18:30 GMT
Qualifier will begin at 19:00 GMT and last 15 minutes.
Race will begin at 19:20 GMT and go until roughly 20:30 GMT

Remember, visibility will be limited so please be respectful and patient when passing. Repeated flashing of lights while behind someone is strictly prohibited.

Have fun!!

--------------------------------------------------

Track: Nurburgring 24hr
Time: 22:30
Endurance Race 60m
Gr.3, BoP on
RS tires
Qualifying: 15 minutes
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Depletion: 2x (Quali off)
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Weak
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Assists: Counter-steering Assistance, ASM, and Auto-Drive prohibited.
The entry list will be limited at 2 cars per manufacturer to ensure diversity of the grid. The makes chosen are influenced by ones that have raced in real-life Nurburgring events.

Allowed Cars (only 2 entrants per make):
  • Mercedes AMG
  • Porsche 911
  • Audi R8
  • McLaren 650S
  • Corvette C7.R
  • Lamborghini Huracán
  • Ferrari 458
  • Lexus RCF
  • BMW M6
  • Nissan GTR
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Use of stock livery is prohibited.
No meme, obscene, offensive liveries allowed. Try to keep it race themed.
Number plates should be used. You can use the Sport Mode-style offerings or a different style if you prefer. Please just set it with the number you've chosen here and ensure there’s one on the right and left doors.
Rolling Start will be used without formation lap.
*Please ensure you've cleared the GTS network cache and restarted your PS4 before joining the lobby to prevent grid issues.*

--------------------------------------------------

Up for the challenge? Please reply here with the following:

GTP name -
PSN name -
Car choice - (see "Car Regulations")
Race number -

Also if you see errors in this post of the rules/settings please call them out! This is the first GTP event I've hosted so go easy!

Last edited:
Nice to have you on board! It will start at 15:00 EST aka 3:00pm

Will you be using a red wagon to beat everyone this time or would you like a car? :lol:
Nice to have you on board!
Walking on country roads at that hour sounds dangerous, I suppose I should take a car. I was just going to check if there were any cool liveries floating about, does this rule mean the in game number plates or is anything okay as long as it as the number in the same kind of place?

Sport Mode number plates should be used. Please set it with the number you've chosen here.

Walking on country roads at that hour sounds dangerous, I suppose I should take a car. I was just going to check if there were any cool liveries floating about, does this rule mean the in game number plates or is anything okay as long as it as the number in the same kind of place?
Honestly as long as there’s a plate there with your number it’s cool! I just put that in there as the easiest path for people that were making their own liveries.

Updated the first post to clarify about number boards.

Nurb "endurance" in the dark? YES, I'M THERE.

GTP name - Drex124
PSN name - Drex125
Car choice - BMW Z4
Race number - 13
Welcome!

As much as I’d love to have more BMW dominance, would you mind picking another car option? We’ve got two M6’s signed up so far and I left the Z4 out so there weren’t two BMW options. Sorry!

Honestly as long as there’s a plate there with your number it’s cool! I just put that in there as the easiest path for people that were making their own liveries.
Cool, I had a saw a livery but knew I had no chance of being able to make it :lol: Can I have Porsche #912 please.

GTP name - GOTMAXPOWER
PSN name - GOTMAXPOWER
Car choice - Porsche 911
Race number - #912

Cool, I had a saw a livery but knew I had no chance of being able to make it :lol: Can I have Porsche #912 please.

GTP name - GOTMAXPOWER
PSN name - GOTMAXPOWER
Car choice - Porsche 911
Race number - #912
You got it!

Sure, I'll enter for some madness;

GTP name - MaxAttack
PSN name - TPC_MaxAttack
Car choice - Lancia Delta Integrale
Bugatti Veyron gr. 4

Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Race number - 83

:lol::lol: I'd have to turn on lapped ghosting. Welcome!

As much as I’d love to have more BMW dominance, would you mind picking another car option? We’ve got two M6’s signed up so far and I left the Z4 out so there weren’t two BMW options. Sorry!

So I might have gotten a little too excited and skipped some of the literature... I'll take a Mercedes AMG.

I'll need to run this past Mrs Beardo. But, sign me up. Provisionally.

GTP name - El_Beardo
PSN name - El_Beardo_Grande
Car choice - 'Vette . . Yeeeeehaw!!!
Race number - 818

Have a livery pic too, just because . .

4837446542498497564_0.jpg
NSFW. That livery is hot.

Good to have you on board! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite, but I'll pass. The Nord is a mortal enemy of mine. Me running it at night would have you guys calling the authorities to report a UFO. Strange lights....mysterious noises...

Sounds awesome! However 3pm (EST) in June, I won't be able to see a thing :lol: I'll likely be out either cycling or swimming. Since the crisis my chances of having a serious race have moved to after 11pm, which is when I'm too tired to pay attention lol. This year sucks.

Good luck!

Sounds awesome! However 3pm (EST) in June, I won't be able to see a thing :lol: I'll likely be out either cycling or swimming. Since the crisis my chances of having a serious race have moved to after 11pm, which is when I'm too tired to pay attention lol. This year sucks.

Good luck!
Understandable! I tried to schedule it so that people across the pond would be able to join at a reasonable time as well. Full immersion will take some blackout curtains for us stateside, haha!

Good luck!
Or you could just, y'know, not be healthy for 90 minutes and go out earlier in the day or after the race? There's plenty of daylight right now 👍

I'll try to show up but I need to clean my headlights. Toothpaste and baking soda right?

So lap times are looking to be around 8:50.xxx or so, which means 7 laps You can easily go FM2 for the twisty bits and not lose much time while going back to FM1 for anything 5th gear or higher. This gets you 4 laps of fuel. Or you can go flat out for 3 guaranteed laps but two pit stops. 3-2-2 | 2-3-2 | 2-2-3 | 2-4 | 4-2. These are your pit strategies 👍

So lap times are looking to be around 8:50.xxx or so, which means 7 laps You can easily go FM2 for the twisty bits and not lose much time while going back to FM1 for anything 5th gear or higher. This gets you 4 laps of fuel. Or you can go flat out for 3 guaranteed laps but two pit stops. 3-2-2 | 2-3-2 | 2-2-3 | 2-4 | 4-2. These are your pit strategies 👍
With 8:50 laps will 15 minutes be enough to qualify? In sport mode it lets you finish the lap you're on but I'm not sure about lobbies.

Back