Night Riders - GT Endurance in the Dark

• Thread starter Granadier
  • 172 comments
So lap times are looking to be around 8:50.xxx or so, which means 7 laps You can easily go FM2 for the twisty bits and not lose much time while going back to FM1 for anything 5th gear or higher. This gets you 4 laps of fuel. Or you can go flat out for 3 guaranteed laps but two pit stops. 3-2-2 | 2-3-2 | 2-2-3 | 2-4 | 4-2. These are your pit strategies 👍

My testing showed that even flat out you should have enough fuel to only make 1 stop. Admittedly I didn’t test all of the cars available, so if that’s not the case for all the options I’ll lower it to 1x.

The intention of the multipliers is only to enforce a single pit stop so that some strategy is possible.

In lobbies you can set the amount of time given to finish a lap.

I’ve got the finish time cranked to the max.

Thanks for the invite, but I'll pass. The Nord is a mortal enemy of mine. Me running it at night would have you guys calling the authorities to report a UFO. Strange lights....mysterious noises...
Same here. Thanks for the invite.

Just ran a stint in the AMG, running flat out for four laps it still had almost half a lap to spare. Like mentioned it's going to depend on your car so some testing before the race might be a good idea.

I’ve got a livery started already. :lol:

348029A6-3F57-4A2D-AF0F-2F40C3D153F9.png

Hmm... It could be fun having the option for 1 or 2 stops but it's up to you.

Definitely a valid point. For this event I wanted to keep the amount of stuff that's required to focus on low because you'll already be racing in the dark. Fuel maps and such will just become too much of a distraction for most people imo, so the low fuel multiplier just ensures a single pit. When you take that pit stop is up to you.

Just ran a stint in the AMG, running flat out for four laps it still had almost half a lap to spare. Like mentioned it's going to depend on your car so some testing before the race might be a good idea.

Good deal! Similar story with the M6.

And you should be able to crank out 8:20 - 8:50 laps which should put us right around 7 laps for the endurance. Enough fuel to make it a bit over half way, and the tires should hold up fine but be faster with a swap at the pit stop.

I’ve got a livery started already. :lol:

View attachment 925064
Love this!

I'll be cheating by just reusing my FIA livery.

4692768474985955340_0.jpg

Last edited:
Or you could just, y'know, not be healthy for 90 minutes and go out earlier in the day or after the race? There's plenty of daylight right now 👍

I'll try to show up but I need to clean my headlights. Toothpaste and baking soda right?

There's the matter of not having any curtains in the living room with the 4K HDR tv basically next to a wall of glass.
Then there's the kids that are bored all the time and either on the ps4 or annoying each other.
It's not so much being healthy, it's an escape route!

It's the Nurburgring, you'll be there :lol:

Who knows, by June 14th the kids might be allowed to be at the grandparents again and I can get the old projector hooked back up in the basement. Night races don't work so well on the low contrast projector, but can't argue with screen size.
Heck, perhaps there will be nice black storm clouds. Pray for a hurricane in Florida June 11th :lol: We're in the remnants of Bertha right now.

With 8:50 laps will 15 minutes be enough to qualify? In sport mode it lets you finish the lap you're on but I'm not sure about lobbies.
Yes it will, the game adds on 10 minutes at the end of the session to finish your laps. I'd even suggest running quali for 12 mins just to save some time

Also this happens to be in a break week from my other league so why not
Hasnain282
Hasnain282
Aston (didn't get to give it a proper run out elsewhere so I'll use it here)

I'm tentatively in. I can't foresee any reason why not.

GTP - Deadpool
PSN - GTP-DEADPOOL
CAR - Porsche 911
NBR - #27

Yes it will, the game adds on 10 minutes at the end of the session to finish your laps. I'd even suggest running quali for 12 mins just to save some time

Also this happens to be in a break week from my other league so why not
Hasnain282
Hasnain282
Aston (didn't get to give it a proper run out elsewhere so I'll use it here)

Added. Glad to have you both on board! :cheers:

So lap times are looking to be around 8:50.xxx or so, which means 7 laps You can easily go FM2 for the twisty bits and not lose much time while going back to FM1 for anything 5th gear or higher. This gets you 4 laps of fuel. Or you can go flat out for 3 guaranteed laps but two pit stops. 3-2-2 | 2-3-2 | 2-2-3 | 2-4 | 4-2. These are your pit strategies 👍
I had a quick go in the Porsche this morning, the fuel predictor was saying it would get to 4.5 laps with no short shifting on FM1, I'm not sure about other cars, from the daily race a while ago the BMW M6 might struggle the most but I haven't tested anything.

It looks like the leaders will go to 8 laps if then can run around 8:30 pace (ignoring the pitstop).

I had a quick go in the Porsche this morning, the fuel predictor was saying it would get to 4.5 laps with no short shifting on FM1, I'm not sure about other cars, from the daily race a while ago the BMW M6 might struggle the most but I haven't tested anything.

It looks like the leaders will go to 8 laps if then can run around 8:30 pace (ignoring the pitstop).

They adjusted fuel consumption in one of the recent updates to even the field out a bit more, I’m not sure how much it was changed though. :)

View attachment 924968

Do you love the Nurburgring? Do you hate being able to see a meter in front of your car? Well I sure have the racing event for you then!

In this one-off event you'll be racing alongside 15 other drivers in GT machinery through the dead of night for just over an hour. With only your headlights and a memory of the Nordschleife to guide your way. How thrilling!!

Event Timing:
June 14th (Sunday)
19:00 GMT (15:00 EST, 20:00 BST, 04:00 JST)
Lobby will open at 18:30 GMT
Qualifier will begin at 19:00 GMT and last 15 minutes.
Race will begin at 19:20 GMT and go until roughly 20:30 GMT

Remember, visibility will be limited so please be respectful and patient when passing. Repeated flashing of lights while behind someone is strictly prohibited.

Have fun!!

--------------------------------------------------

Track: Nurburgring 24hr
Time: 22:30
Endurance Race 60m
Gr.3, BoP on
RS tires
Qualifying: 15 minutes
Grid Order: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Slipstream Strength: Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Tire Wear: 1x
Fuel Depletion: 2x (Quali off)
Grip Reduction: Real
Race Finish Delay: 180 Seconds
Tuning: Prohibited
Ghost: Off
Penalties: Weak
Side Contact Penalty: Off
Assists: Counter-steering Assistance, ASM, and Auto-Drive prohibited.
The entry list will be limited at 2 cars per manufacturer to ensure diversity of the grid. The makes chosen are influenced by ones that have raced in real-life Nurburgring events.

Allowed Cars (only 2 entrants per make):
  • Mercedes AMG
  • Porsche 911
  • Audi R8
  • McLaren 650S
  • Corvette C7.R
  • Lamborghini Huracán
  • Ferrari 458
  • Lexus RCF
  • BMW M6
  • Nissan GTR
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Use of stock livery is prohibited.
No meme, obscene, offensive liveries allowed. Try to keep it race themed.
Number plates should be used. You can use the Sport Mode-style offerings or a different style if you prefer. Please just set it with the number you've chosen here and ensure there’s one on the right and left doors.
Rolling Start will be used without formation lap.
*Please ensure you've cleared the GTS network cache and restarted your PS4 before joining the lobby to prevent grid issues.*

--------------------------------------------------

Up for the challenge? Please reply here with the following:

GTP name -
PSN name -
Car choice - (see "Car Regulations")
Race number -

Also if you see errors in this post of the rules/settings please call them out! This is the first GTP event I've hosted so go easy!
Wow! Can't believe I almost missed this :eek:. Been under the weather a little bit this week. I'm definitely down for this!

GTP name - Qyn
PSN name - TPC_QYN73
Car choice - Lexus RCF
Race number - 73

Back