nissan GT-R concept

don't know about that, but I know the real GT-R(concept) will be coming to America in a couple of years. It will have a 400HP Twin-Turbo AWD V6. The turbos will drivin by experimential Garret gear-drivin turbos that are good for 1,000,000 miles and will handel ginormous amount of aftermarket power. Since they are gear drivin, they will have NO LAG:D :D :D. It will be priced probably about the same as a Corvette Z06 and will give the Viper a run for it's money but will have better gas mileage. Watch out America, Godzilla is crossing the ocean.

It will have a 400HP Twin-Turbo AWD V6
ITS ABOUT TIME! There was a law before about how imported cars could not have more then 280hp. One example of this is the Skyline....with twin turbo I know it could have more then 280hp! Watch out, this is no rice burner! :D :mischievous:

It's actually on the cover of the PAL release.

gt_concept.jpg

There's a GTR Concept LM car too, and I think it's pretty close to the quickest car in the game.

Originally posted by F20
ITS ABOUT TIME! There was a law before about how imported cars could not have more then 280hp. One example of this is the Skyline....with twin turbo I know it could have more then 280hp! Watch out, this is no rice burner! :D :mischievous:
There was no law that regulated ps (hp) in Japan, there was just a law that regulated the advertised ps so the cars would be advertised to have 280ps (so there wouldn't be ps (hp) wars over dealers) but they would actually have far more (like 40 ps more)!

r.gif

So thats why when you buy a car in Gran Turismo the BHP suddenly increases from when you see it in the dealership and when you see it in your garage.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
So thats why when you buy a car in Gran Turismo the BHP suddenly increases from when you see it in the dealership and when you see it in your garage.
I don't know if that's why but it could be.

r.gif

I heard some talk that what Nissan were doing with the GT-R was quoting power figures at a certain rev amount to get under the power limit - but if you went 750 rpm further up, there was more power there. So the figures were technically correct - just not maximums.

Oh so 280bhp at such and 6800 such rpm, wheras it's increased at highter revs.

Mind you I remember on topgear when they reviewed The Scooby Impreza 22b, good ol Tiff mentioned that the official BHP readings were 280, but they were meant to be something around the 350 mark.

I believe a similar thing happens with german cars. The VW TDI engine for example which is advertised to have 110 hp (there's also i think a 90, a 115 and a 150 version) but it actually has more than 130hp or so I 've heard. But in Germany this aparently happens because cars are taxed for the horse power and it's a way of keeping prices down (???):)

That's true what you say... A lot of TDI's have that... We bought an TDI 90 but it produces around 115-118 BHP.!
This al because of the motormanagement

Back