Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 105 comments
I don't see the production version being ugly - I feel like I've seen so much worse as far as auto designs go. And that blue meant to be Bayside Blue in particular? I mean, it'd make sense if they're planning to offer classic GT-R colors for this commemorative model. I hope they also have Gunmetal Grey, Midnight Purple, or perhaps a wide variety of miscellaneous GT-R colors reserved for special versions, like Champion Blue (R33 LM Limited), Ultimate Shiny Orange (R35 Premium Edition), or Ultimate Opal Black (R35 Spec V). Maybe even Fire Knight Red (Nissan 2020 VGT). Heck, I'd at least expect Ultimate Metal Silver. I could see it looking real good in Millenium Jade, too.

I don't see the production version being ugly - I feel like I've seen so much worse as far as auto designs go. And that blue meant to be Bayside Blue in particular? I mean, it'd make sense if they're planning to offer classic GT-R colors for this commemorative model. I hope they also have Gunmetal Grey, Midnight Purple, or perhaps a wide variety of miscellaneous GT-R colors reserved for special versions, like Champion Blue (R33 LM Limited), Ultimate Shiny Orange (R35 Premium Edition), or Ultimate Opal Black (R35 Spec V). Maybe even Fire Knight Red (Nissan 2020 VGT). Heck, I'd at least expect Ultimate Metal Silver. I could see it looking real good in Millenium Jade, too.
I tried to say something similar earlier too and yet, someone doesn't want to believe or maybe, just trying hard to catch some attention? But I have a bad feeling about someone attempting to do the latter when he said this.

'kAy. A fIvE pOuNd WeIgHt WeIgHs FiVe PoUnDs EvEn If A tEn PoUnD wEiGhT wEiGhS mOrE.

I tried to say something similar earlier too and yet, someone doesn't want to believe or maybe, just trying hard to catch some attention? But I have a bad feeling about someone attempting to do the latter when he said this.
I'm sure the person that you're quoting(while removing their tag so they don't get a notification that you're talking about them) believes that you have that opinion, but more so that they don't agree with it.

That there's uglier vehicles out there doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able think that this is ugly too.

I'm sure the person that you're quoting(while removing their tag so they don't get a notification that you're talking about them) believes that you have that opinion, but more so that they don't agree with it.

That there's uglier vehicles out there doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able think that this is ugly too.
Wow. Did my initial post even indicated that this car wasn't ugly and is actually the opposite? My point is just that I've seen worse and that is the kind of response I already get for saying that? If I'm going to believe what you are trying to say, then it comes to my mind that some people are simply assuming things here, something which I hate.

'kAy. A fIvE pOuNd WeIgHt WeIgHs FiVe PoUnDs EvEn If A tEn PoUnD wEiGhT wEiGhS mOrE.
Heh...good stuff.

The underlying point of my remark remains; something that exhibits a particular trait, be it subjective like attractiveness or objective like weight, doesn't magically not do so simply because there exists another example that exhibits said trait to a greater degree.

I think it looks pretty good, the problem is that as mentioned in the comments on Jalopnik is they're asking over a million dollars for a 12 year old car with a bodykit.

Like it would be amazing is this was a facelift but...

I think it looks pretty good, the problem is that as mentioned in the comments on Jalopnik is they're asking over a million dollars for a 12 year old car with a bodykit.

Like it would be amazing is this was a facelift but...
Lambo does it every 5 minutes, they'll buy it anyways

Wow. Did my initial post even indicated that this car wasn't ugly and is actually the opposite? My point is just that I've seen worse and that is the kind of response I already get for saying that? If I'm going to believe what you are trying to say, then it comes to my mind that some people are simply assuming things here, something which I hate.
Yes.

It's the Ultimate R35. Not necessarily the "Ultimate GT-R".

I think if someone wanted Hybrid technology built into this car, autonomous technology built in, it'd probably be the ultimate.

Still, that's impressive and I love it. For each one to be a "one of", it's a car that shouldn't be resold.

Test car is on display in Tokyo

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/01/t...to-develop-the-gt-r50-is-on-display-in-tokyo/

nissan-gtr50-test-car-2.jpg

nissan-gtr50-test-car-4.jpg

nissan-gtr50-test-car-3.jpg

nissan-gtr50-test-car-14.jpg

nissan-gtr50-test-car-16.jpg

Nissan will, from January 12 to March 31, display the test car used to develop the GT-R50 by Italdesign at Nissan Crossing in Tokyo.

According to Nissan, the car was used on circuits to test chassis rigidity and durability. It was also used as a rig to test some of the car’s carbon fiber parts and the rear wing.

From the pictures above, I'm not sure I like the look of it with the spoiler down. So used to seeing GTR's with some kind of static wing, that the shape doesn't look right, especially in that first picture. :indiff:

Am I the only one who thinks that this or some variation of this will end up being the R36?

That test car reminds me of an American police interceptor.

I never liked the GT-R R35 and this GT-R50 doesn't look any better. Tastes differ.

Back