Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
Posted this in the motorsport section, but this is awesome-

nismo1-final-small.png

nismo2-i-1.png

link here- http://www.jamesgibsonphotography.co.uk/?p=562

........Looks like a R92C livery. That is sick (aka really cool, for those non-native English speakers).
That cabin do look cramped as well - anyone over 6 feet might struggle to get comfortable in there....:odd:

Does no one remember the R89C? :( Or the R88C... I wonder why they didn't go for a Calsonic sponsorship to run that livery.

Does no one remember the R89C? :( Or the R88C... I wonder why they didn't go for a Calsonic sponsorship to run that livery.
I actually prefer the look of the '89 to the '92 myself, especially without the enclosed rear wheels.

The '88 had Calsonic livery - or do you mean the new GTR LM? In the latter case, it's probably just a case of Calsonic Kansei not being a major sponsor now?

I meant the current GTR LM not having Calsonic sponsorship.

There's the team in Super GT running it:

1398310400_1402146765.jpg

I guess that might not be major enough?
I think the difference is that Team Impul, who run that GTR, have Calsonic as a major sponsor and buy (?) chassis and engines from Nissan / NISMO. All American Racers are basically factory-funded by Nissan / NISMO to make and race the GTR LM.

Of course, I could be wrong, I dont really know what I'm talking about, if I'm honest. :P

If I recall, Team Impul is not a factory team. Impul itself is a aftermarket company that exclusively builds parts for Nissan Models.

As for Calsonic, its an automotive company. It happens to have a long relationship with Team Impul going all the way back to 1987.

Back