Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
I still don't know why People claim that there will be a new Track for round 4

Because it's an update. They can add what they like in an update, and of course people naturally want more all the time.

Just curious, if it was to be a new track, why not Paul Ricard? Seeing as it's the site off official Le Mans testing.

As far as I can tell though, it doesn't seem to be a track not many want. In fact, I don't think I can find any recent sim that features it (not counting PC mods)

I never said nobody wanted it, just not many. While that isn't tiny, it pales in comparison to Seattle Circuit, isle Of Man TT, Sonoma Raceway, Road America and many others.

Posted for informational purposes only. No worries.

Let's formally set up the bet:
Contestants:
GTP_CargoRatt
Smurfybug
Thomas__633
Fortbo
vs
RACECAR
NW48
SSQES
MarchingSaint
Eran0004
The Bet:
That La Sarthe will not be the track for GT Round 4.
The Stake:
The losing team will have to wear a terrible avatar for a month.
All other people on any side are welcome!!

Contestants:
GTP_CargoRatt
Smurfybug
Thomas__633
Fortbo
Kembro
vs
RACECAR
NW48
SSQES
MarchingSaint
Eran0004
The Bet:
The Stake:
All other people on any side are welcome!!

I am going to throw a completely insane theory that has no basis on anything:

It will be Le Mans, but...
...the Bugatti Circuit will be used.

Why?

Think about it, PD is throwing us a car like nothing any of us have ever used, why not throw a brand new track in the mix as well? Bugatti is shorter and may be more suitable for a time trial, it's also more technical than the La Sarthe.

Contestants:
GTP_CargoRatt
Smurfybug
Thomas__633
Fortbo
Kembro
vs
RACECAR
NW48
SSQES
MarchingSaint
Eran0004
Red_Bull_Pro
The Bet:
The Stake:
All other peopleon any side are welcome!!

Personally I would love to see COTA or Yas Marina as the R4 track, those are 2 of my favorite "new" F1 tracks. But I doubt PD is working on a new track for just for GTA this time around...

As for La Sarthe I think the track is too long to do hot laps, plus is not technical enough to separate the fast racers from the average ones...

My guess is going to be Redbull Ring simply because it is a new track they recently added and will be a 🤬 trying to get the FF around that track with minimal wheelspin

Just my opinion, take it for what it is :cheers:

Personally I would love to see COTA or Yas Marina as the R4 track, those are 2 of my favorite "new" F1 tracks. But I doubt PD is working on a new track for just for GTA this time around...

As for La Sarthe I think the track is too long to do hot laps, plus is not technical enough to separate the fast racers from the average ones...

My guess is going to be Redbull Ring simply because it is a new track they recently added and will be a 🤬 trying to get the FF around that track with minimal wheelspin

Just my opinion, take it for what it is :cheers:
Who says it will be FWD? We don't know that yet.

That would have to be the official specs Nissan revealed recently. It says it's all FWD
Well if the car we are getting is the #23 car (since it's the one Nissan has been testing) isn't that one FWD?
Yes, the real car is FWD at the moment while they figure out how to get the hybrid system that powers the rear wheels working properly. However, I don't see them giving us that car.

Yes, the real car is FWD at the moment while they figure out how to get the hybrid system that powers the rear wheels working properly. However, I don't see them giving us that car.

Do you mean the GTA car might not FWD? :confused:

Sounds like you know something but you're not allowed to say anything :odd:

Read my post again, I am not denying that it's FWD.
Do you mean the GTA car might not FWD? :confused:

Sounds like you know something but you're not allowed to say anything :odd:
Why would you think that? It's pretty common knowledge (at least to most that follow LMP racing) that the car was initially announced as having the main engine powering the front wheels and the hybrid system powering the rear wheels on acceleration. They can't get the hybrid system working properly at the moment, so for the time being they are running it in FWD only. Once they fix the hybrid system, then it will be AWD.

I just think that Nissan would not accept the car being released to us in Gran Turismo with it in it's temporary state. I expect the full, 1,000hp AWD version and nothing less.

No, it would make it true to their original concept and true to what the car should be by next year.

I knew I shouldn't have used the word fantasy... Anyways that still makes it 2 cars no? Unless I missed something I believe they are going to compete as FF this year at Le Mans... Therefore if the GTA car comes as AWD they might as well use a VGT...

I knew I shouldn't have used the word fantasy... Anyways that still makes it 2 cars no? Unless I missed something I believe they are going to compete as FF this year at Le Mans... Therefore if the GTA car comes as AWD they might as well use a VGT...
No.........that makes the real life car unfinished. Why put a car that's half finished in the game?

Back