Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
No.........that makes the real life car unfinished. Why put a car that's half finished in the game?

Because they are supposed to "simulate real driving" specs to find the next GTA hopeful. If PD provides a car that's not based on a real car at the time of the trials doesn't it make it unrealistic?

Because a "half finished" car is to compete on the 13th, by chance?
Compete is a bit much, more like a 24hr test session.
Because they are supposed to "simulate real driving" specs to find the next GTA hopeful. If PD provides a car that's not based on a real car at the time of the trials doesn't it make it unrealistic?
Wouldn't you want this years winner(s) to get a feel for how the car will drive when they personally get a chance to drive the real one? By the time the contest is over, the winner(s) get their license(s), get their Dubai 24hr and/or Blancpain prizes completed, the real LMP car should be up and running to it's full potential. It's only right for Nissan to expect the car to be shown in it's true form.

Compete is a bit much, more like a 24hr test session.

Wouldn't you want this years winner(s) to get a feel for how the car will drive when they personally get a chance to drive the real one? By the time the contest is over, the winner(s) get their license(s), get their Dubai 24hr and/or Blancpain prizes completed, the real LMP car should be up and running to it's full potential. It's only right for Nissan to expect the car to be shown in it's true form.

As far as I know Nissan will be running a 2-megajoule ERS FWD system because they can't figure out how to get a 8-megajoule ERS AWD to work.

So if we get a AWD car based on specs that are currently not working in real life, isn't it safe to assume that by the time Le Mans 2016 comes around Nissan will have a car with completely different specs? See where I'm getting at? How can PD claim the "video game to real life" pitch line when the cars they use are not based on a real car? Are any of the specs previously used to determine GTA winners not based on real life specs then? Real driving simulator right?

Btw I respect your opinion in this matter a lot cuz I know you saw this car in real life way before when everyone in here was just guessing at its shape. I'm just trying to dig out some more info out of a guy that knows more about this car than most around here :cheers:

So if we get a AWD car based on specs that are currently not working in real life, isn't it safe to assume that by the time Le Mans 2016 comes around Nissan will have a car with completely different specs?
Maybe, maybe not. Here's how I see this working out:
  1. PD gives us the car based on it's currently non-final FWD specs. They would then later have to update the car to the correct specifications or, knowing PD, they would just end up giving us an additional car. Then Nissan has a nice digital version of the car they know wasn't what it was supposed to be. What a nice reminder of failure.
  2. PD gives us the car that is based on it's final specs. They won't have to update it and/or won't have to make another version. Nissan let's everyone enjoy the car as it's meant to be and by the time the GT Academy winners get around to driving it, it's up and running to it's full potential that was previewed in the game.
Btw I respect your opinion in this matter a lot cuz I know you saw this car in real life way before when everyone in here was just guessing at its shape. I'm just trying to dig out some more info out of a guy that knows more about this car than most around here :cheers:
I know just as much as you do.

Maybe, maybe not. Here's how I see this working out:
  1. PD gives us the car based on it's currently non-final FWD specs. They would then later have to update the car to the correct specifications or, knowing PD, they would just end up giving us an additional car. Then Nissan has a nice digital version of the car they know wasn't what it was supposed to be. What a nice reminder of failure.
  2. PD gives us the car that is based on it's final specs. They won't have to update it and/or won't have to make another version. Nissan let's everyone enjoy the car as it's meant to be and by the time the GT Academy winners get around to driving it, it's up and running to it's full potential that was previewed in the game.

I know just as much as you do.

Fair enough... I guess we will see what happens in the next 12 months

I cant seem them giving us an interim FWD car. This is PD right... you know the Vision GT thing? The Vettel cars? The Chap 2x? That dont exist.

It's not a stretch of the imagination that they will only show the Super Saiyan final form 4wd car and they will pretend the fwd car doesnt exist becuase it wont next time round.

Besides isnt the most powerful FWD car only about 380hp in this game? I cant imagine the engine allows a driveable 600hp+ FWD car.

I am going to throw a completely insane theory that has no basis on anything:

It will be Le Mans, but...
...the Bugatti Circuit will be used.

Why?

Think about it, PD is throwing us a car like nothing any of us have ever used, why not throw a brand new track in the mix as well? Bugatti is shorter and may be more suitable for a time trial, it's also more technical than the La Sarthe.
I was thinking exactly that, also what might have been the Bugatti layout was shown during the Alpine VGT promos as well.

I cant seem them giving us an interim FWD car. This is PD right... you know the Vision GT thing? The Vettel cars? The Chap 2x? That dont exist.

It's not a stretch of the imagination that they will only show the Super Saiyan final form 4wd car and they will pretend the fwd car doesnt exist becuase it wont next time round.

Besides isnt the most powerful FWD car only about 380hp in this game? I cant imagine the engine allows a driveable 600hp+ FWD car.

The most powerful FF car is the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 with 587hp and it's a V6 as well. :eek:

Knowing Nissan, they'll have addressed the issue of putting a lot of power through the front tyres by tweaking things like the differential and traction control.

Slick tyres will also help with putting the power down. ;)

Uhhhh. SRT4 Fully tuned?

But unlike those cars, this is an actual car that actually does exist.

And it's not a strecth of imagination to think that they'll include the car with its current specs. Both scenarios are equally plausible.

Why wouldn't the engine allow that? Sending 600 bhp through the front wheels is no different than sending 600 bhp through the rear wheels.

But unlike those cars, this is an actual car that actually does exist.

And it's not a strecth of imagination to think that they'll include the car with its current specs. Both scenarios are equally plausible.

Why wouldn't the engine allow that? Sending 600 bhp through the front wheels is no different than sending 600 bhp through the rear wheels.
I think he means game engine not car engine.

This is a very difficult decision for pd, on the one hand they will want to give us the full max spec GTR to show it at its best on the other hand giving us the weak one now is the perfect opportunity to double up on GTR's and have two for one model.

Cloned cars or fantasy spec?!?! Which does kaz prefer...

Do you mean the GTA car might not FWD? :confused:

Sounds like you know something but you're not allowed to say anything :odd:

It's highly unlikely that Nissan would give us the car in it's current, not completely working state, rather than in it's intended full time FWD part time RWD state. I can't think of any manufacturer that would put a not fully working car in a video game rather than the proper finished article.

Because a "half finished" car is to compete on the 13th, by chance?

Given the rate at which PD add cars to the game, do you really think they'd add something that's effectively in development stages rather than the finished article?

The most powerful FF car is the Mitsubishi Eclipse GT '06 with 587hp and it's a V6 as well. :eek:

Knowing Nissan, they'll have addressed the issue of putting a lot of power through the front tyres by tweaking things like the differential and traction control.

Slick tyres will also help with putting the power down. ;)

This might help explain things as well...

Cheers

It's highly unlikely that Nissan would give us the car in it's current, not completely working state, rather than in it's intended full time FWD part time RWD state. I can't think of any manufacturer that would put a not fully working car in a video game rather than the proper finished article.

Given the rate at which PD add cars to the game, do you really think they'd add something that's effectively in development stages rather than the finished article?

Here is the problem I have with PD giving us a car that is not based on real life specs at this moment. So PD creates a car that's AWD based on the specs given by Nissan "if" the system was working properly, meanwhile the real LMP1 racing at Le Mans is FWD this year. So how do we know if Nissan isn't going to change the design and specs of the car for 2016 after they study the data gathered from the race? If this happens wouldn't the car we use for GTA be a fictional car?

It's like when PD gave us the C7 Vette prototype and then gave us the final version, the prototype wasn't as set up and it had a gear less than the final version, but we still got it.

So if history repeats itself, we'll have this years 2MJ FWD only version and next years 8MJ 4WD version.

Having the 2MJ version in my mind isn't a reminder of failure, it's a reminder of progress, just like all the GTR's of the past. ;)

It's like when PD gave us the C7 Vette prototype and then gave us the final version, the prototype wasn't as set up and it had a gear less than the final version, but we still got it.

So if history repeats itself, we'll have this years 2MJ FWD only version and next years 8MJ 4WD version.

Except in the Corvette's case, it was the Testing Prototype and the "Final Prototype" (both of which were modeled at various times of the Corvette's testing before it was finally put on sale) in GT5 before we got the actual production car that sold before GT6 came out. The GT-R LM, a racecar which takes far less time to develop, is more then likely going to be the car in its current state. Knowing PD and their not so good ability at factoring in the Hybrid System (as was demonstrated with the Toyota TS030 Hybrid), it'll be somewhat off.

I guess it ultimately comes down to when they modelled it and what Nissan wants. I can't see PD still working on the GTR-LM this close to the release. 1 and a bit weeks may not seem like much, but I dare say they would have finished it by now and are running some tests on it. Unless Nissan has intervened to change the specs or they (PD) have been kept informed of the specs way before the public has, I can't see it being much different to whatever form the real model was in a month ago (or whenever PD finished the modelling phase and Nissan finalized the specs to what they are now.

---

I personally think it will be the original AWD layout, as that is the model that whoever wins GT Academy is likely to drive in 2016 or whenever they are given the opportunity. There's not much point in modelling a car that this year's graduates won't drive. Ever.

Last edited:
That's not really history repeating itself. The corvette we had was a concept, and was all that was available to pd to recreate in the game. This is not a concept, this is a fully unveiled car, we actually know about the originally intended 4wd system, so there's no reason for pd not to include it, so it's just a matter of what path they have chosen to take.

Latest Posts

Back