Nissan IMs Sport Sedan Concept

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 8 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Any bets on this replacing or being the next Maxima?

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/14/nissan-ims-concept-ev-detroit-auto-show/

The new electric vehicle platform features a 115-kWh battery pack powering front and rear electric motors to give the IMs all-wheel drive. Output is a hefty 483 horsepower and 590 pound-feet of torque. Nissan claims a driving range of 380 miles on a charge.

nissan-ims-concept-1.jpg

nissan-ims-concept-1.jpg

nissan-ims-concept-1.jpg

Any bets on this replacing or being the next Maxima?
Their last "sports sedan concept" became the Maxima, this will likely be the next Maxima.
Is Nissan ever going to make a performance version of the Maxima, its thier "4 door sports car" why can't it have a performance version?

So, we've reached the point where companies no longer want to call their vehicles crossovers and instead just makeup classes? It's a crossover, just call it a crossover.

So they just decided to just put a saloon on stilts, that's fair enough... looks a bit strange though. The overall design is pretty sleek but the height throws me off.

Hopefully, now it becomes a full fledged Q60, in a sense. Don't know why it took so long to have awd in the Maxima. It was first rwd. Then, fed. Subaru and Audi made awd available and permanent, while boosting performance.
After the 1st Gen 4DSC, was a shame that with increase in Maxima hp, Maxima didn't become the North American Skyline 4-door.

First Rolls-Royce calls their SUV a 'High-Sided Vehicle'. Now Nissan is calling this the 'Elevated Sports Sedan'.

:odd:

Dread to think what Ferrari would class their SUV when they inevitably announce it... Raised High Performance Sedan?

Hopefully, now it becomes a full fledged Q60, in a sense. Don't know why it took so long to have awd in the Maxima. It was first rwd. Then, fed. Subaru and Audi made awd available and permanent, while boosting performance.
After the 1st Gen 4DSC, was a shame that with increase in Maxima hp, Maxima didn't become the North American Skyline 4-door.
Because the Q50 is the North American Skyline 4-door.

Because the Q50 is the North American Skyline 4-door.
Yeah, it literally is. Just that, it was so popular, once the 222hp SE came out, that was the one. My cousin and an old coworker of mine, each bought one. The thing was quick!

I guess G35/37 stopped it from ever happening, but weird the flagship(GT-R) is a "Nissan". Maxima could have been a true 4DSC.

Back