Nissan R390 GT1 LM Calsonic Xanavi #32 [Premium] 1998

United States
Florida
GranTurismo0517
RandomCarGuy17
One of the most well-known race cars in the world of Gran Turismo. It made its first showing in Gran Turismo 2 alongside its road going counterpart and the 2 have been showing their faces in the GT franchise ever since. It's in GT6 currently as an improved standard, my biggest reason for this premium upgrade suggestion is that it would seem to be a simple job for PD to do as they already did a lot of remodeling of the car. They just need to remodel the engine and model the cockpit and it'll be ready to go.

1317107625614064258.jpg

R390GT1_LM98_01.jpg

1998_Nissan_R390_GT1_003_3936.jpg

Nissan_R390_GT1_(1998)_rear-right_2012_Nissan_Global_Headquarters_Gallery.jpg

Specs:
Engine - 3.5L V8 (VRH35L)
Drivetrain - Mid-Engine, RWD
Transmission - 6-Speed MT
Power - 650 PS (478 Kw)
Torque - (706 Nm)
Weight - 1,000 kg

Link(s):
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/HERITAGE/Nissan_R390_GT1_2.html

Links to my other Nissan threads:
R390 GT1 LM Race Car '97
Castrol Nissan Primera JTCC '94
Pulsar Serie VZ-R N1 '97
Skyline GT-R (KPGC10) '70
Skyline GTS-R (R31) '87
Calsonic Skyline GT-R Race Car '90
Skyline 280 Type MR (R33) '97

Last edited:
It's already premium-ish, just a little further...

Also, how the hell does this just now get a thread?

It's already premium-ish, just a little further...

Also, how the hell does this just now get a thread?
Indeed, it's Semi-Premium right now and it just needs an interior to be modeled for it.
As for your little question buddy, I guess noone thought of this thread and I waited until now to post it because I assumed that someone beat me to this suggestion already.

Last edited:
But I want the cars to have the handling the same as GT3.... I would get an option of a choice of sounds (GT2, GT3, GT4...)
But Choice of an handling too...

What's the problem to have a GT3 sound?

But I want the cars to have the handling the same as GT3.... I would get an option of a choice of sounds (GT2, GT3, GT4...)

I don't have a problem with the sound, it's just that I kinda prefer if the car sounds more like the real car. Although, the idea of being able to change the sounds of a car sounds fantastic.

As for the handling, I kinda prefer if PD keeps trying to improve their driving physics to more real heights.

hsv
Seriously, Harsk, do you have to go around and pick out such useless information such as car numbers in the background of a picture? People can read themselves. They don't need Captain Obvious to point out a number for them.
Sorry then. :(

Imagine if there was an option to switch the car sounds to the GT3 style.

I also love the MX-5 NA and NB's sounds.

Well, back to R390 GT1 conversation: I saw the video of this car and it is very good, especially the sound. The sound of GT6 is close to the real one! 👍
A little more tweaking and it could mimic the R390 GT1.

For fun, pictures I've taken of the standard one in GT6 so far.

R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_2.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_7.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_8.jpg LeMans - F1 GTR vs R390 GT1 2.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_6.jpg R390 GT1 on LeMans 2013_9.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_1.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_2.jpg

As you can see, it's half way there already to being a full-on premium car. It just needs a bit of a push.

Last edited:
Can't understand why people would want it to sound like a synthetic PS2 game sound rather than the actual car.

But then PD seem to think everyone does anyway so that's what we get.

Back