No Burnout... WHY?!?!

TuneRVisioN

(Banned)
After getting in a faster motorcycle, how come none of them burnout? It feels like these bikes have TCS installed. They only burnout when mowing the lawn... :nervous:

After getting in a faster motorcycle, how come none of them burnout? It feels like these bikes have TCS installed. They only burnout when mowing the lawn... :nervous:

You're right, they do have a sort of TCS, even in Pro mode. If you wanna do a burnout you have to cheat the system. Set the control mode to Pro and get one just about any bike, even a moped. Get going pretty fast and make sure you have enough road to stop in time (like the looong straight of Grand Valley.) In Pro mode the brake controls are separate. So hit the front brake only, lean forward, and hold the gas at the same time. Keep your balance as the bike slows down. The back wheel should keep spinning and when you finally stop, the back wheel will come back down and burnout for a few seconds. That's the only way to do it. You can't be at a stop, hold the front brake, andd gun it. Sucks, I know.:ouch:

You're right, they do have a sort of TCS, even in Pro mode. If you wanna do a burnout you have to cheat the system. Set the control mode to Pro and get one just about any bike, even a moped. Get going pretty fast and make sure you have enough road to stop in time (like the looong straight of Grand Valley.) In Pro mode the brake controls are separate. So hit the front brake only, lean forward, and hold the gas at the same time. Keep your balance as the bike slows down. The back wheel should keep spinning and when you finally stop, the back wheel will come back down and burnout for a few seconds. That's the only way to do it. You can't be at a stop, hold the front brake, andd gun it. Sucks, I know.:ouch:

For a second there I thought you meant to get like gameshark or something when you said "Cheat the system." You can also burnout a little bit when you crash head on into a wall going very fast. I also do the endo (reverse wheelie using the front brakes.) to initiate a drift. I turn first, hold front brake and up, and then let go of "up" now to try and hold on to the turn... :ouch: I completed a few nice ones.

I would guess its mostly because nobody doing a burnout has ever won a single race?! I don't see motoGP guys doing burnouts to warm up the tires, sooo I'm guessing that its not or will ever be high on the PD priority list.

Hmmm... Haven't thought of it that way. It still would add ALOT more realism to burnout in "The Real Riding Simulator." This game is very realistic with physics and other stuff. This is my only gripe about this game other than the fact that you can't sell your bikes. PD did a really good job on this game IMO. 👍

Hopefully you can turn TCS on or off in TT2. :) When I'm doing free runs on my bikes, I think it would be cool to burnout and wheelie at the same time. :dopey: I don't care if skidmarks don't exist... As it isn't a major problem in this game. Keep up the good work on your games PD. IMO this game is more realistic than GT4 👍 even though it has nothing to do with cars. (In general.)

When I'm doing free runs on my bikes, I think it would be cool to burnout and wheelie at the same time.

This bike was so heavy that the front tire started smoking while trying to do an endo. Smoking tires are fun for photomode!

stoppies03kk2.jpg

I just thought I'd clarify that the inability to do burnouts has nothing to do with any sort of traction control. It all comes down to the automatically-controlled clutch, which slips itself to avoid wheelspin under power.

I'm sure TT would have been perfectly capable of doing burnouts all day long if we were given manual control of the clutch. Perhaps TT2 will have that feature, what with the SixAxis' analog L2 button and all...

Well, its effect is similar to TCS, but if it were TCS it wouldn't even let us do the pseudo-burnout, because it would cut the throttle immediately. Or something. PD would know.

My point is that GT4 allows wheelspin, and TT runs off of the same engine. There's nothing but a control limitation standing between us and burnouts.

Ohh. Thanks Wolfe. 👍 But I'll tell you one thing, I am really getting pissed off when I try to carve an apex, then I end up hitting my head on the inside wall and fall. :ouch::lol:

:lol:

Yeah, that takes some getting used to. Once you learn to avoid it, it's just something to do intentionally when you're bored. :)

How? I can only change the Final Gear Ratios of the STREET BIKE. The RACING BIKE can change ALL of its ratios. Hmm.... let me go back to doing this. -|> :banghead:

How? I can only change the Final Gear Ratios of the STREET BIKE. The RACING BIKE can change ALL of its ratios. Hmm.... let me go back to doing this. -|> :banghead:

Pretty much like real life. Your street bike can get different sprockets, but your gearbox is the way it came from the factory. A racing bike has more customizability built in, including selections of ratios for the transmission.

I'm sorry TuneR...I didn't pay attention in that you said Street Bike. Thanks wfooshee for picking up my slack

Well yeah UnoMOTO... I see that the capitalization still wasn't noticable enough... Maybe I should use bigger font. :lol: Just kidding. Thanks wfooshee. I +Rep'ed the people who responded in this thread. :) Thanks to all.

Well yeah UnoMOTO... I see that the capitalization still wasn't noticable enough... Maybe I should use bigger font. :lol: Just kidding. Thanks wfooshee. I +Rep'ed the people who responded in this thread. :) Thanks to all.

You DOG...busted. Your original post did not have STREET BIKE capitlized. You have gone back and edited it to look that way.
shakehead.gif
;)

:lol: UnoMOTO you caught me... :) I wanted to see if I can fool you. Thanks for the help you gave though. :)

It’s too bad the help I tried to give you only made you more confused. I'll work on my comprehension skills more next time.

I wonder if what you’re referring to is the gyroscopic effect of the wheels vs. the effect of gravity trying to bring you down?

The bike is going straight, but it looks like the back of the bike keeps swerving. This happens even if you didn't let go of the accelerator...

Sometimes it does and doesn't look proper, TuneRVision. If you look at a replay you may see that the front wheel is still pointed down the track in the direction you're wanting to go even though the rear is moving around. There are times when the game saves you and all you have to do is ride it out, and there are other times when your steering inputs will be what keeps you from falling or heading off of the track again in that situation. It's not entirely realistic most of the time, but if you've ever seen one of those insane riders that takes on the Isle of Man TT, they ride the line between stable and out of control constantly, whether they're accelerating or braking, upright or fully leaned over, and those bikes rarely look smooth for more than a few seconds in that race.

What you see in the game can be a bit of an exaggeration, but if you race a course like, uh...Trial Mountain or Deep Forest, there are some moments when the bike catches air, and if you land wrong or lock up the wheels under braking you'll get that wobbly effect, and it's a lot more sudden and hard to recover from, especially if the landing forces you to wheelie off to one side.

It happened to me in a license test. I was going down the straight, both wheels left the ground (this was at maybe 160+mph) and I was trying to slow down for the upcoming left. When I landed the front jumped up and to the left, and when I hit the rear brake that brought the rear end up. When that came back down I wasn't straight anymore, so the wobbling began and I was probably still going close to 100 when I finally high-sided. It looked like I was trying to ride on oil to me from behind the rider, but on the replay it actually didn't look so fake and wrong from a distance.

Ohh thanks Knee Dragger. Sorry for taking too long to thank you. I must say, people on GTP always are helping a total dunce like me. :D Thanks.

Does anyone know WHY you can't sell your bikes? I know you can't but anyone knows why PD did that? My theory is that they thought people was going to win the same bike over and over, then keep selling them over and over for money.

EDIT: Good Job on this forum Jordan. 👍

That could be a reason, another reason might be that,there is no actual money in the game, bikes are won through challenges, so even if you can sell them, you wouldn't get any money from it.

I think that TT should have followed the GT formula, where bikes DO cost money and challenges only provide it for you to buy bikes and mods, the lack of mods in the game is dissapointing, but we'll see if they manage to change that in TT2, which I hope packs all bike models until 08...

I think that there were no money and no mods because of a lack of time, surely the period of development was too short to include all that features i think........maybe in TT2, we all claim for that.

Back