No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
So, about the end of the Atlas path...

So you just get a line of text that says a new star and traveler are created on the edge of the galaxy. Then the game just continues on the Center path. There are no 'three paths to the end', there's just one. What a letdown. 👎

So, about the end of the Atlas path...

So you just get a line of text that says a new star and traveler are created on the edge of the galaxy. Then the game just continues on the Center path. There are no 'three paths to the end', there's just one. What a letdown. 👎

I think they are 3,
You have Journey to the Center path.
You have the Atlas path.
You have your own path.

Of course they all lead to the center but how you get there is your own choosing I guess.

This is a very well put together, and incredibly depressing, list of all the things that were supposedly cut from the final build of the game. Whether all of this stuff really was in old builds and was cut, or Sean simply lied about a ton of stuff that was supposedly in the game, I dunno. Not super stoked about it either way. I still like NMS, but reading all of this has reminded me of all the things I was excited for in NMS, and nearly all of those things aren't in the final game.

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/

Of course they all lead to the center but how you get there is your own choosing I guess.

The Atlas path does not lead to the center. It simply stops and puts you on one of the other two. The only impact it has is that you can see where black holes are so you don't need Nada to point them out. I was under the impression that each path would lead to a different ending or have some impact, but they don't. And the Explorer path isn't even a real path, it's just not doing the other two.

This is a very well put together, and incredibly depressing, list of all the things that were supposedly cut from the final build of the game. Whether all of this stuff really was in old builds and was cut, or Sean simply lied about a ton of stuff that was supposedly in the game, I dunno. Not super stoked about it either way. I still like NMS, but reading all of this has reminded me of all the things I was excited for in NMS, and nearly all of those things aren't in the final game.

http://www.onemanslie.info/the-original-reddit-post/
Not too bothered by what was promised since I had no expectations, but I sure understand the people who did have expectations based on the videos. Hell, even the trailer videos that are on Steam right now to market/sell the game show a lot of things that are impossible in game.

The questlines (if you can even call them that) and background are indeed very shallow. In the end it's just an exploration sandbox and the only progression is in your gear/ship. So once that is upgraded...

Still, I am curious where they are going to take this with patches/upgrades/DLC, it has a lot of potential. In the mean time, I've dusted off Elite Dangerous (which I bought as a backer, but never got to playing it. :lol:) and Deus Ex hitting on Tuesday, so I'll stay busy I guess. :D

I'm getting tired of the game, I wasn't expecting anything but the monster generator is so ****ed up its not funny, there's several races of aliens but no big city or space station. Scanner not working properly (not showing all points of interest in the area), no gravity, no way to see your stats, no way to map anything (for an exploration game I find it very weird), no way to mark anything so you can go back to it. Im maxing my inventories atm and hoping for some good content coming soon.

I'm getting tired of the game, I wasn't expecting anything but the monster generator is so ****ed up its not funny, there's several races of aliens but no big city or space station. Scanner not working properly (not showing all points of interest in the area), no gravity, no way to see your stats, no way to map anything (for an exploration game I find it very weird), no way to mark anything so you can go back to it. Im maxing my inventories atm and hoping for some good content coming soon.

Someone said they will keep updating/adding new stuff for a year. So it should be something coming out.

I am trying to get enough units to get a new ship but every time I think I get close to something it's a lot more than expected. (As I thought a good ship upgraded from what I had was around 4.9M instead it was 6.5M)

I am trying to get enough units to get a new ship but every time I think I get close to something it's a lot more than expected. (As I thought a good ship upgraded from what I had was around 4.9M instead it was 6.5M)
I think there's some randomness involved, or maybe your standing with faction (maybe both). I saw a nice 28-slotter for 5.1 mil, so I saved up for it. Then saw a much nicer one (also 28 slots) with better upgrades for 4.3. It definitely helps to just hang around at the space station for half an hour or so, or just warp to a different one.

I prefer the designs which look like fighters, so sleek with a long nose and the cockpit in the back, so I always wait until one of those pops up. See my current one below. :)

28505894114_345b249c94_c.jpg

Hmmm, I'm starting to think the price goes up the more units you have, I was seeing 38 slot ships (I'm have a 30) for around 19.5 million when I had around 6.5 million units. Now I have 14 million, 38 slot ships are over 25 million :(

On a better note, I was stuck with a 12 slot multitool for ages and only being offered 11's. I managed to buy a 15 yesterday, then after a couple of hours with it, in the space of ten minutes at one outpost I'd been given an 18 slot, bought a 20 and was then given a 22. Then as soon as I started this morning I was given a 24 at the first outpost I visited :lol:

Hmmm, I'm starting to think the price goes up the more units you have, I was seeing 38 slot ships (I'm have a 30) for around 19.5 million when I had around 6.5 million units. Now I have 14 million, 38 slot ships are over 25 million :(

I am wondering if it also depends on how well you are in standing with the alien form.
I know I am at Partner for Gek
Then Traveler of the atlass for the Korvax and Valkeen. (I think)

Now I just have to find another path of the Atlas to gain more Atlas stones.

I also noticed something strange with a multi tool price. I saw one i liked for 80k and I then dissmantled all mods on mine and then the same multi tool now only cost 74k? I got it cheaper since mine was now just the mining laser so is your ship packed with tech?

On another note I found a planet FULL of vortex cubes they are everywhere.

On a better note, I was stuck with a 12 slot multitool for ages and only being offered 11's. I managed to buy a 15 yesterday, then after a couple of hours with it, in the space of ten minutes at one outpost I'd been given an 18 slot, bought a 20 and was then given a 22. Then as soon as I started this morning I was given a 24 at the first outpost I visited :lol:
Just do the crashed ship method. A Gek system is best due to the infinite use bug in the device you solve the maths puzzle to find the ship.

On another note I found a planet FULL of vortex cubes they are everywhere.

I had a few planets like that, I also found one that @Terronium-12 found with a lot of balls. :lol:
Just recently I found one with Sac's (At lease that one the Sentinals could care less on that)
That give around 730K ish. Gave me a new ship at lease. Which I am up to 26 slots. :lol:

Just found a planet with Balls galore and the sentinels don't give a hoot until I pluck one from the long tenticle that pops up. Then all hell lets loose.

Long tentacle with a ball? I got one like that sentinels went mental with me as well.

Then I found a system with three planets. one with minus 100 C and storms, second with plus 100 C and the third being a nice garden world with frenzied sentinels that attack as soon as they see you.

Don't think they are really used for anything except to sell. (They say they get higher value the closer to the center you go.)

They are required at the end of the Atlas path.

They are required at the end of the Atlas path.
I read that it really doesn't matter, you get to see the black holes on the map either way. Though I haven't tried that, I saved my stones.

Just found out that they released another patch.
1.05 right now.
Don't know what it all has.

Also found out that it kinda reverted back to an older save of mine. :( So I had to reupgrade my Warp drive again.

Last edited:
I read that it really doesn't matter, you get to see the black holes on the map either way. Though I haven't tried that, I saved my stones.

No but it's really frutrating to get to the end and have the option to "birth a star" and not be able to.

In the end it's just an exploration sandbox

That depends on your definition of "sandbox". I consider a sandbox to be a big open world, with the entire game, including side missions and mini games, all contained within. NMS' star systems are all individually loaded levels, with the galaxy only existing in map form, and warping being used to cover up loading, each star system is just a randomised box of floating planets, and they're randomised from only a fairly small number of variables. I've visited at least 40 star systems, and can't say that there's any meaningful differences between them. To me, it's more like a traditional game with individual levels than a sandbox. Albeit very large levels, but it's not hard to make such massive levels when they all contain the same stuff, and there's about 5 things to do in them.

Still, I am curious where they are going to take this with patches/upgrades/DLC, it has a lot of potential. In the mean time, I've dusted off Elite Dangerous (which I bought as a backer, but never got to playing it. :lol:) and Deus Ex hitting on Tuesday, so I'll stay busy I guess. :D

For sure, I agree it has potential if they start to add the things back into the game that they've removed, but I fear that they may take so long to do that that I'll be bored of it long before. Hopefully they add stuff quickly, because as it is, it's essentially a shell of a game, that they need to start loading up with actual gameplay.

I'll be very interested in Elite when it comes to PS4, it looks very cool. Of course, I'd much rather it on PC, but I've only got a crummy old laptop. I'll be building a gaming PC by next gen, because consoles have become far too restrictive, and are lagging further behind PC than ever. Not to mention PC gaming isn't the hassle it used to be, it's pretty much as straightforward as console gaming now.

I wish I had held off on NMS, because I totally forgot about Deus Ex! I've bought two games recently, NMS and F1, and I can't sweet talk the Mrs into letting me chuck more money at a brand new game lol. Deus Ex is one of my all time favourite game series. I must've finished the first one 5 or 6 times.

Last edited:
I keep finding what could lead me to an atlas but it won't give me the option anymore.
I got one more trophy till platinum only 15 warps to go.
Just wish there were an easier way of knowing which what area would be an atlas area.

That depends on your definition of "sandbox". I consider a sandbox to be a big open world, with the entire game, including side missions and mini games, all contained within.
Huh. I consider a sandbox to be an open-ended experience with gameplay that isn't strictly about achieving any particular goal, and encourages you to make up your own goals or goof around without pursuing any goal at all. The world itself can be large, small, open, or segmented, with or without any missions or "real" gameplay.

Or, as you said...
...as it is, it's essentially a shell of a game, that they need to start loading up with actual gameplay.
Not every sandbox is much of a game.

Your definition is what I would call a seamless open world.

So now I am trying to run around different planets.
I guess the class system is somewhat useful after reading up on it.
Class F or G systems are basic. (Yellow stars)
Class K or M systems require Warp Sigma (Teir up from basic) (Red Stars)
Class E for fast farming (Requires Warp Tau) (Green Stars)
Class O or B systems require Warp Theta but are the best. (Blue Stars)

Still crashing twice today on PS4. :banghead:

Luckily this happened after I'd completed getting 48 slot ships,which I did in four separate sessions on three planets in a Gek system. Ship doesn't matter at that point, only getting to 48. It took me 5, 4, 6 and 3 Bypass Chips to get it done.

Then I went back to my start system hoping to find my favourite ship, Mogawara S23, as a crashed ship. First use of a Bypass Chip worked and first ship found - Mogawara S23 and Slot level 48! I couldn't believe it.

Now I'm grinding to give it good weapon fit.

Well, exosuit is up to 27 slots, ship is up to 26 slots, still at my beginning slot count on my multi-tool. Word is you can buy better tools from the galactic trading stations, but I have yet to find any for sale. I also have the steam streaming box so I'm now playing it on my 65" TV streamed from my PC while I sit on the couch. I have tried other games, but it's just too klunky, but the slow paced nature of this game, and the controller interface, it makes for a very nice experience.

Controls feel very intuitive, even more so than the keyboard/mouse configuration.

Still crashing twice today on PS4. :banghead:

Luckily this happened after I'd completed getting 48 slot ships,which I did in four separate sessions on three planets in a Gek system. Ship doesn't matter at that point, only getting to 48. It took me 5, 4, 6 and 3 Bypass Chips to get it done.

Then I went back to my start system hoping to find my favourite ship, Mogawara S23, as a crashed ship. First use of a Bypass Chip worked and first ship found - Mogawara S23 and Slot level 48! I couldn't believe it.

Now I'm grinding to give it good weapon fit.

Now there is something that the size of the ship (Not slots) can change on survivability too.

Small/Light ships have 4 hp.
Medium/Medium size ships have 6 hp.
Large/heavy ships have 8 hp.
Link is here

Maxxed my exosuit slot yesterday, then proceed to hunt some ships. Got 2 new one so +2 inventories :D

Had my tool maxxed during this week-end, didnt really found a one that wow me but not really looking for it atm.

I have some trouble with fight with ships tho, any advice on that part ?

Also found that you can collect lots of words in the atlas station, there's much more to do in it that I first thought.

I have some trouble with fight with ships tho, any advice on that part ?
Bring a few stacks of Titanium, so you can refill your shield during combat.
Pick one weapon and fully upgrade it, ditch the other. So either use a fully-upgraded mining laser, or use a fully upgraded photon cannon. No need to do both. I prefer the photon cannon, but also heard people have good results with the mining laser (once upgraded that is).

In combat, the carets in your HUD point to the enemy ships. White = friendly. Red = hostile. Red (double caret) = attacking you. So prioritize on that. Just line up the enemy and let it rip. If your shield is below 50%, refill it using the inventory screen. Repeat until all are dead. As long as you have enough oxides to replenish your shield you will be able to do this indefinitely, because you will never die. I killed a group of 23 that way. :D

So I hit a E class one and so far the only thing I found on one planet was Aluminum. :/
No green ! no special things no nothing.
So much for fast farming.

So I hit a E class one and so far the only thing I found on one planet was Aluminum. :/
No green ! no special things no nothing.
So much for fast farming.
I was thinking the same so far I tried 2 E systems and I had better stuff from the tier before.

Back