No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,424 comments
So I found a crashed ship with all 3 warp drives. Just that one needs emeril and I cannot find emeril for my life to fix it. No planets have it. No nothing.
While it's only one up from what I have I am thinking I should of maybe kept my ship before. Had better cannons.

Find another one scrap it's equipment and you should get Emeril. When I was grinding from 23 to 48 in crashed ships I got loads of it during that process.

So I found a crashed ship with all 3 warp drives. Just that one needs emeril and I cannot find emeril for my life to fix it. No planets have it. No nothing.
While it's only one up from what I have I am thinking I should of maybe kept my ship before. Had better cannons.

That's weird, I nearly always find at least one planet with Emeril in every system.

That's weird, I nearly always find at least one planet with Emeril in every system.
Unless you need it, then you need to do at least 10 warps. :sly: That's how it worked for me the last time. Gold, gold, gold as far as the eye can see, but no Emeril. :lol:

Unless you need it, then you need to do at least 10 warps. :sly: That's how it worked for me the last time. Gold, gold, gold as far as the eye can see, but no Emeril. :lol:

That's exactly what I got.
Gold for miles.
Aluminum for the spikes.
No emeril. Not even any traders have it. :/

Also just read 1.06 should be out sometime this week or (today)
I am thinking of reselling my atlas stones and go on a trip to find me a bigger slot ship but still one that I enjoy

Last edited:
Phewwwwww saved, thought I'd messed up big time, decided to start going the crashed ships route as I'm now seeing 38 slot ships for over 50 million, so swapped the 31 I'd picked up and repaired for a 32 I found and after transferring everything over I had room for discovered that I had no heridium to fix the pulse engine, on a moon it turns out that heridium is extremely rare, just spent over an hour wandering about looking for an outpost to either buy some heridium or see how much of a ship I can now buy for 19.5 million. I nearly fist pumped when I just found a little outcrop of it ... now just got to decide to hike back to my ship or try to find a ship call beacon.

I'm so relieved :lol:

I found out that I have a damaged Tau warp drive and yet it gave me the option to still travel to it. (While it's damaged) Don't know if that's a bug or an exploit.

For those who are on the PS4. @Terronium-12
1.06 is going to fix 90% of the crashes.

Edit: If you can find a planet where there is a lot of Sac Venom and have no issues with stealing them is the most profitable, Average 26K units.
Compared to
23K units for Cubs
25K units for balls
23K for Spheres

Last edited:
Phewwwwww saved, thought I'd messed up big time, decided to start going the crashed ships route as I'm now seeing 38 slot ships for over 50 million, so swapped the 31 I'd picked up and repaired for a 32 I found and after transferring everything over I had room for discovered that I had no heridium to fix the pulse engine, on a moon it turns out that heridium is extremely rare, just spent over an hour wandering about looking for an outpost to either buy some heridium or see how much of a ship I can now buy for 19.5 million. I nearly fist pumped when I just found a little outcrop of it ... now just got to decide to hike back to my ship or try to find a ship call beacon.

50 million? Pocket money. Wait until you see the cost of 46/48 slot ships. :crazy:

50 million? Pocket money. Wait until you see the cost of 46/48 slot ships. :crazy:

Yeah, I'm seeing 40 slot ships for 70+ million now, so I can imagine. It's a pain fixing up crashed ships but it's looking like the best option :boggled:

There is actually a thing that someone has confirmed on reddit.
The more "upgrades" you have currently the "higher" the price.
A 48 slot ship for 100+ million with upgrades vs 45 million without

Hmmmm, although I won't exploit any bugs etc for upgrading I'm tempted to (at some point) make sure I have a restore point to go back to and dismantle everything possible while in a station and see how the prices differ. but I must say at the moment I'm happy with the well armed and shielded 32 slot ship I have, not seeing the real need to upgrade yet ... until I see a 'pretty' sports type looking crashed ship :lol:

Hmmmm, although I won't exploit any bugs etc for upgrading I'm tempted to (at some point) make sure I have a restore point to go back to and dismantle everything possible while in a station and see how the prices differ. but I must say at the moment I'm happy with the well armed and shielded 32 slot ship I have, not seeing the real need to upgrade yet ... until I see a 'pretty' sports type looking crashed ship :lol:

They also said if you do get like bare minimum you can then better place your upgrades for the bonuses. Which I am thinking of doing that soon since I had a nice ship before then I got a clunky junk thingy which was a bit more storage but I am thinking that if I am going to be upgrading, finding a farm and running that to gain units. Buy it outright.

I did this with my last ship. I dismantled the whole ship and then approached another ship in the station and it was much cheaper than a slightly upgraded ship.

I think I discovered an exploit? Don't know if it's known. I was ambushed in space, died and got sent back to the space station, all normal. Then realised I had some damaged parts but nothing to fix them with so I thought "screw it, I'm just going to reload from before I took off". From there, I think that's where I messed with the game...

I accidentally reloaded the current save, which had me starting from the space station I was placed at. So I quickly loaded up the previous save from the planet. I took off the planet, and soon found my grave despite the fact that I had loaded a save from before the aforementioned ambush. So I went to it and now I have duplicated the inventory from my ship, including an extra Atlas stone.

I think I discovered an exploit? Don't know if it's known. I was ambushed in space, died and got sent back to the space station, all normal. Then realised I had some damaged parts but nothing to fix them with so I thought "screw it, I'm just going to reload from before I took off". From there, I think that's where I messed with the game...

I accidentally reloaded the current save, which had me starting from the space station I was placed at. So I quickly loaded up the previous save from the planet. I took off the planet, and soon found my grave despite the fact that I had loaded a save from before the aforementioned ambush. So I went to it and now I have duplicated the inventory from my ship, including an extra Atlas stone.

It's known since day 1. (Well day 0)

Coming back to give my feedback about the Deep Space mod, low flight mod and Hi res (8k texture) mode.

1st of all, you can find all those mods on the forum here :

http://nomansskymods.com/mods

For me honestly it was game changing, low flight mode, let you explore and see the planet as you couldn't really see it unless you spend hours walking and searching for caves, swimming etc.. I've discovered amazing places.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/lowflight-by-hytek-packed/

Only negative things I can say is that you need to get used to it otherwise you can put yourself in bad situation like it happen to me yesterday when I got stuck on a rock.

Deed space mod turn the space into what is actually is, space, so it's much darker and it looks really close to what I imagine space be.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/deep-space/

1471988970_71-3-1471881143.jpg

Hi res texture is pretty self explanatory, it doesn't take that much ressources, did saw a 5 fps drop but texture are better now, it's not perfect yet but nice.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/8k-cloud-textures-unpacked-packed/

Last mod I want to talk about but I didnt try it yet (plan to do so this week-end) but it change the size of some of the vegetation and rocks to make it looks like prehistoric forest or just much closer to what you I was expecting. Problem is that there is quite some heavy pop-in when you're flying ships atm. But when you're on foot, it's game changing from what I got.

http://nomansskymods.com/mods/bigthings/

original.jpg

For me those mod changed my games, I enjoy it far more now than before, even if I was happy already. It just made it that much better.

So hit my 4th atlas today and found a nice quiet planet in the same system with plenty of resources to do a little ship swapping.

Gone from 16 slots to 23. Hopefully I'll be able to get to 48 or what ever the highest amount of slots are with a nice looking ship and then start adding upgrades. At that point it's off to the edge of the Galaxy for me. :)

I really enjoyed my first hours with the game. Really did.

But soon the repetition was too high. The "every player experience is different" was refuted in minutes during my gameplay, as my homeplanet had these ewoks that I saw in a screenshot before, and after the 10 planet the itineration on fauna and flora kept repeating itself.

Gameplay wise no much to do. I know... you create your own gameplay, but without mecahnics enabling some kind of play-....

I was so bored by this game, but with so much craving for more left, that I bought Star Citizen soon after NMS :lol:

the best quote from a review : as big as an ocean, as deep as a puddle.

My suit is at max, ship at 32, pistol at 24. Maybe I will retry it after some patches... but the endless grind... oh my

after 80 hours of gameplay, i can safely say i got my money's worth

I really enjoy the game but it is now to the point of me waiting for new content to drop before I start to play it seriously again.

I have my suit, ship and multi tool maxed out so the only thing really left for me to do is reach the center. but after seeing what's at the center, i really have no motivation to get there

Hopefully hello games can keep the game fresh with new content in the future

I wish I had a pc to play this game on as the mods coming out would really keep the game fresh for me

yeah it's known as the duplication glitch, can't believe they haven't patched it out yet

I did the duplication glitch several times but then realized how cheap it made the game for me that i started over lol

indeed. As soon as I installed all the theta upgrades on my 48 slot ship, i noticed the price of ships increase dramatically. Here's the most expensive one I have found so far. and It only had 46 slots

7qzGpPs.jpg

Been switching around from ship to ship using the Gek transmission tower method, except for plutonium, never bother to mine other resources anymore.
Dismantle all ship tech before you switch, and you will got plenty of resources.. dynamic resonator, gravitino balls, full bar of golds, emeril, nickel, alum to name a few. made millions n the process.

It was really enjoyable process.

until you maxxed out everything.

luckily PS4 Assetto Corsa came just in time.

For me the upgrading of a ship and multitool are just something I need to do before heading out.

I never saw this game as a get to the centre as quick as possible type thing. I saw this as an opportunity to explore. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of the Flora and Fauna are very similar.

My main goal is to head out to the edge of the Galaxy and see as many planets as possible. I'm only following the way of the Atlas at this time to have a path to follow. Once I'm set I'll be heading out. Charting systems and creatures.

yeah it's known as the duplication glitch, can't believe they haven't patched it out yet

I did the duplication glitch several times but then realized how cheap it made the game for me that i started over lol

I am doing it now since I don't want to sit around doing one upgrade ship here and there or worse having one lower than what you have.
Going to go from a 27 to a 36 for 12 million. (as long as I find the one that looks good)

Back