No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
I noticed an interesting little thing when searching for ocean worlds to try out the new stuff. On planets that are mostly water with lots of small islands, the game occasionally seems to have a bit of trouble generating floating landmasses over water, and places a decent sized patch of perfectly flat land next to them at sea level.

It looks funny, but it's quite useful if you don't feel like messing around with the terrain manipulator for a billion years trying to get a level place to drop a couple buildings shoreside.

Seems a little late to announce a new game and then have it be released a couple months later with no gameplay or anything.

It’s most likely the next massive update then.

Been holding out buying this game, waiting for it to go on sale again. Maybe they'll do a price drop on PSN before this update. I just can't see paying full price for it. I know I can get a disc version cheap, but wanted this on digital, and haven't been in a hurry to play it.

Have to read that article later, pretty sure Kotaku is blocked here. I'm interested in what the new multiplayer experience is going to be like. Every time I get close to buying this game, the main thing that stops me is the limited multiplayer compared to a game like Elite Dangerous (a game that allows you to play in wings with your friends). Hope the update is really good this Summer.

Anybody who can explain what I've to do to make more credits by scanning plants and animals? I don't get it, most of the tutorials are talking about it, but very fast and not very keen on explaing how. I know I've to do something to get 20k credits with each new discovery I do. But then ? No clue.

This may well get me back into it (but Elite would be nicer still).

I was actually excited, until I remembered that NMS was the video game equivalent of pounding sand, but in space.

Sorry to all of those who love NMS, but it certainly isn't my cup of tea - way way too much busy work. If it had been Elite then I'd be wetting myself right now.

This may well get me back into it (but Elite would be nicer still).
I love how elite looks and the vision but i cant figure out how to dock the ships , i just crash around haha.

I do like no mans sky for the fact they did and do update it and bit easier to figure out .

Im really waiting for a decent starwars game haha , love that universe

Anybody who can explain what I've to do to make more credits by scanning plants and animals? I don't get it, most of the tutorials are talking about it, but very fast and not very keen on explaing how. I know I've to do something to get 20k credits with each new discovery I do. But then ? No clue.
It's been a while since I played but there is a gun attachment thing you can buy from the gun vendors at space stations. If you find the rare ones it really boosts credits per discovery.

EDIT: here is a pic showing what i mean, I have put a box around the 3 upgrades I have(2 S-class one A-class). you can only have 3 of the same type and its better if you can put them next to each other(not sure if they stack but other upgrades stack if placed next to each other).
20190330201147_1.jpg

Last edited:
I just started playing NMS, got a few hours in and started figuring out how to build a base. Nobody warned me that humans players could suddenly spawn on me and blow up all my stuff. I think I'm done with this game.

I just started playing NMS, got a few hours in and started figuring out how to build a base. Nobody warned me that humans players could suddenly spawn on me and blow up all my stuff. I think I'm done with this game.
It's been a while since I played, but back then it was possible to play solo.

It's been a while since I played, but back then it was possible to play solo.

It still is. You switch online off in options.

It still is. You switch online off in options.
I consider it a flaw that they don't explain very well how to do this (last I checked the setting was kinda obfuscated), or that full online is enabled from the get-go in the first place. At the very least it should default to friends only and let you make the choice if you want to open it up to let randos come bother you.

Anyone who claimed that NMS wouldn't see much griefing just because interaction options with other players were limited has clearly forgotten what happened with Minecraft in the pre-Microsoft days. If griefers want to be obnoxious and screw things up, it doesn't matter how locked down the experience is. They will find a way.

Bought this yesterday, and the learning curve seems to be steep, or I'm a dumbass. Got two hours of game play in, and still haven't got my ship fixed. Having to look online to see what I need to do.

If I had more free time, I would have picked this up as well. I was always intrigued by the idea of the game since it was announced but the launch and complaints have turned me off.

I picked it up recently when it was 50% off on Steam, only played maybe 15 minutes so far but it seems OK. I need to adjust the controller sensitivity for sure...

MMX
Bought this yesterday, and the learning curve seems to be steep, or I'm a dumbass. Got two hours of game play in, and still haven't got my ship fixed. Having to look online to see what I need to do.
Trust me when I say starting out is a bit rough, but I liked that aspect because you’re starting from literally nothing. Once you start flying, it gets so much easier and the money starts coming in.

I’m excited for VR so much that I actually might do a new game just so I can get one or more of the added trophies. That hardcore mode trophy can go do one though since I remember a glitch happened mid flight where I was thrown into the ground and couldn’t move so my ship exploded.

Making good progress on this game. Got a base going on my starter planet, but kind of wish I would've looked around. There's a less toxic one in the same system, that would've been easier, even with the more aggressive wildlife.

Defended a Freighter yesterday, and it was given to me, so been using the slots on it, to keep stuff I don't use much, at the moment. The drawback with that is, you have to go to the Freighter to get them back.

Last edited:
I pulled the trigger on getting this while it was still on sale. I'm not sure when I'll have time to play it, but at least I got it 50% off. :D

The sale on the US PS Store is only for another 15 minutes.

Finally took the plunge on a PSN deal. It's intriguing for sure, just not quite sure how to lock onto the mission I've accepted. It tells me it's my way point on the galaxy map and that I cant jump to it, but it doesn't appear to show me the way to reach it out in space.

I'm just playing on creator mode, since I only want to explore and take pics, really.

VXR
Finally took the plunge on a PSN deal. It's intriguing for sure, just not quite sure how to lock onto the mission I've accepted. It tells me it's my way point on the galaxy map and that I cant jump to it, but it doesn't appear to show me the way to reach it out in space.

I'm just playing on creator mode, since I only want to explore and take pics, really.
What color is the star you're trying to get to? Red, blue and green ones require special engines to get to them, but if you're playing in creative you can just install them to your ship for free from the inventory screen. Also, you may want to hang around the space station for a bit to get a different ship (again, free in creative) as higher ranked ships can have a longer jump range.

Beyond anyone? :)

I think I'm going to jump into it again to have some fun exploring. Haven't touched the game in quite a long time but the last time I dived into it (when I bought it with NEXT) I ended up spending over 150h in the game.

I wish I had VR and a new PC to play it.

Back