No Man's SkyPS4 

• Thread starter iainn
  • 1,425 comments
Once you reach the center, you realize the entirety of space and all 18 quintillion planets are actually inside Sean Murray's beard.

Is there combat in this game? Or is it just exploration? I can't seem to find an answer for that. Can you upgrade your ships?
Yes and yes.

You can see a little bit of combat in the video that was posted earlier (start watching at around 11:00):

Also, the next trailer (presumably to be released next week) has "Fight" as theme, so keep on the lookout for that :)

How hard is the combat and survival components of this game? I'm tempted to get it because I love massive exploration type games, but I'm absolutely useless at anything other than racing. If you need to complete lots of objectives to upgrade your ship to go long distances then I'm not gonna go anywhere :lol:

I'm curious how you will be able to determine where the center is....

They'll make it clear for you I reckon

Yea, it will be that one thing at the center, I think it has an arrow and it shows You are here. Then get a trophy.

No one knows exactly how the center works. It could be one planet or one planet with a bunch of other planets around it. No one has said anything.

I thought it was the sun? Where everyone dies?
There's a star at the center of systems/solar systems, that planets orbit around. We are located in the Sol System. There's a supermassive black hole at the center of almost every known Galaxy. We are in the Milky Way Galaxy. There are tens of billions of solar systems in the Milky Way alone. Sagittarius A is the supermassive black hole at the center of the Milky Way. (You can visit Sag A in Elite Dangerous)

A super cool app for your phone for any space/astronomy freaks is "astronomy picture of the day". It had some really cool pictures, and detailed descriptions of each pictures with links if you want to research further.

Last edited:
How hard is the combat and survival components of this game? I'm tempted to get it because I love massive exploration type games, but I'm absolutely useless at anything other than racing. If you need to complete lots of objectives to upgrade your ship to go long distances then I'm not gonna go anywhere :lol:

I doubt it's too challenging, might be time consuming tho. Also getting killed seems to have no big consequences.

I kind of hope space is a dangerous place in No Man's Sky, the game has got to be creative to keep people entertained.

Last time I heard about the game it said in essence it's a survival game. Hostile environments which you have to upgrade your equiement to withstand, etc.

I believe if you die in space you lose everything that was on the ship and you would return to the last visited planet, and you lost the ship you are/were in.
From what I think Sean said. So I would assume don't die in space.
On land you just lose your resources you have collected (I think) and discoveries you haven't uploaded (Confirmed)

From what I gather, Sean is a fan of Dark Souls, and feels if a game is not difficult it loses meaning.
So I suspect No Man's Sky is going to somewhat be challenging :)

It will most likely be easy on the edges of the galaxy and get more weird and harder as you go deeper

This perpetual need for resources drives the minute-to-minute of No Man’s Sky more than any other element. You start to learn unspoken rules about where you’ll find what. Planets of a certain biome type, or distance from its sun will be more likely to have this element or that one, so you trek from one planet to another, mining asteroids along the way. The trip might be longer than you think. Even in this compressed demo star system, my nav computer estimated my travel time from my starting planet to another planet in the same system to be 30 minutes at impulse speed, or 5 minutes at maximum boost. Using an in-system jump engine, I could be there in seconds, but that’s if one is installed, and if you have the fuel to engage it. Thankfully the demo provided both, but ordinarily, that would be one more item added to the shopping list.

--

One thing I'm not keen on is the misty look in space, no blackness or wall of stars - it's like red?!

Starting to get pretty excited for this. I haven't had a game to play in a while, the only two PS4 games I've owned are Star Wars Battlefront and Fallout 4, but I traded them both in a while ago.
I figured I'd probably become an explorer, though I may need to start out pedalling minerals or something to buy a ship that can explore.

I don't play games as much as I used to, but this is looking like something I'd be interested in.
I just hope the variety will keep me interested.

Dan
How many trailers are there for this game? :lol:

If I had to guess, a new one should be coming out with #2.
Next week would be #3
Then Aug 2nd would be #4
Which all 4 aspects of the game.
Then it gets released and no one comes on here anymore.

Back