No more SEGA on PS2...

• Thread starter askia47
  • 14 comments
Since XBOX has come out, SEGA has been putting it's strength behind them much more than PS2. Lets look at the figures. Phantasy star online is gong to XBOX, the Shenmue series is going to XBOX, and many remakes of Sega games are going to the XBOX. Even games from Sega on PS2 will be ported to XBOX such as Virtua fighter 4. Even Gamecube is getting a piece of SEGA. If this trend continues there will be barley anny SEGA games on PS2. :nervous:

They're also making quite a few games for the GameCube, which is so bizzar to me. I grew up when Nintendo and Sega were head to head in the console market. That was how long ago ... 15 years? My gosh ...

~LoudMusic

Plenty of Sega games will be hitting the PS2, you just have to look at how things work.
Sega has an excellent market strategy with the 3 consoles, and is developing appropriate games for each one. Many of the Sega games that were in development for the Dreamcast are more easily modified and ported to the Xbox. (Somewhat similar architecture) Youth oriented games (Monkey ball, Sega Soccer Slam, Sonic) will head to the Gamecube. And big name games that are gauranteed to sell well (Virtua Fighter 4) are PS2 bound (Because frankly the PS2 has more than 28 million consoles sold and it pays to develop for a system that has a wider appeal.)

Here's a breakdown:
GC:
Super Monkey Ball
Sonic Adventure 2
NBA 2K2
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2
Virtua Striker 2002

PS2:
NFL 2K2
NBA 2K2
Rez
Virtua Fighter 4
Tennis 2K2

Xbox:
NFL 2K2
NBA 2K2
Jet Set Radio Future
GUN VALKYRIE
World Series Baseball
Crazy Taxi 3
Sega GT 2002

No console will get every single game you want, and that's just the way it is, and has always been. :(

so basically you assume that sega will quite making games for the ps2 huh? you know what they say about assuming. :rolleyes:

Anyways i could care less where sega goes, i got all three of 'em :P :) (actually i do, sega need to go back and support the dreamcast. DC forever!)

And sega better not stop shenmue with the second game, they better finish the series off. i dont care if it takes four games to finish it, or 6 dvds in one game, i'll pay whatever they wanna charge for it, but it better be reasonable.

Originally posted by InterCooler
The console with the biggest market share currently? Fat chance.

And don't forget F355 for PS2 !

Amen brother, bring on the F355 for the PS2.
Besides the only other game I would "have to have" would be Sega GT 2, and who knows for sure when it is coming out.

If you have to have all those games then
you will have to have all those consoles.
Me personally, can't afford that. Not until
I can get a pair of womens shoes with
an X-Blox or Gamecube. And the shoes would
be for my wife, no really! :lol:

There's only 3 games from Sega that I feel I need to have.
Those are:
Virtua Fighter 4 (Got it)
Sega GT 2002
PSO Version 2

And I also have monkey ball, Jet Set Radio Future, and Gun Valkyrie.
Each System get's it's own Blockbuster it seems. The only way you'll ever get to play all the games that you want is to get all the consoles. I know that money is limited, but sacrfices must be made, because whining about problems doesn't seem to ever solve anything. ;)

The Games Super Monkey Ball and Jet Set Radio Future are great
games but they are on other systems. While PS2 has the most games, they are not being backed by the most important Thrid party publisher. :( :( :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by askia47
The Games Super Monkey Ball and Jet Set Radio Future are great
games but they are on other systems. While PS2 has the most games, they are not being backed by the most important Thrid party publisher. :( :( :mad: :mad:

Perhaps you missed the memo, but the most important third part publisher is Squaresoft. They haven't backed a losing console yet. ;)
Secondly I'd say Namco (Tekken, Soul Calibur, Ridge Racer, Guncon Games)
Then I would go with Sega.

Originally posted by askia47
Since XBOX has come out, SEGA has been putting it's strength behind them much more than PS2. Lets look at the figures. Phantasy star online is gong to XBOX, the Shenmue series is going to XBOX, and many remakes of Sega games are going to the XBOX. Even games from Sega on PS2 will be ported to XBOX such as Virtua fighter 4. Even Gamecube is getting a piece of SEGA. If this trend continues there will be barley anny SEGA games on PS2. :nervous:

true but we can live with out sega I'll be honest I did by a dreamcast yes because I had to have my 2D fightering games and there was a lot of other dreamcast games which I liked quite a lot but I can live without segas games because I dun so with the playstation vs the saturn

Back