No More Tuning Prohibited/Spec/Stock racing! - UPDATE: Feature Added In 1.10

• Thread starter VBR
  • 74 comments

Would you like a Tuning Prohibited option in GT Sport's online lobbies?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
The Tuning Prohibited option in online lobbies has not been carried over from GT5/GT6 into GT Sport (well not in the demo version at least), so those who like to race with default setups will have no way of ensuring that everyone in the lobby is on the same page. So, first of all Shuffle racers get hit with the Shuffle racing option being removed with the change from GT5 to GT6, & now everyone who likes Tuning Prohibited racing is being given the same treatment. I thought that having an option for forced setups was a no-brainer in sim racing lobbies!

Have Polyphony Digital never heard of S.N.A.I.L!

RIP spec & stock racing in GT...

:banghead::boggled:🤬:confused::crazy::dunce::eek::(:guilty::ill::indiff::irked::mad::nervous::odd::ouch::rolleyes::scared:👎:yuck::grumpy:

Last edited:
I absolutely loved shuffle racing.
I thought it was a great idea and was a little dismayed when it didn’t return.
I cannot understand the reasoning for not allowing stock/default set ups for non sport modes.
I have had some of my best racing with stock tunes. Close, pack racing fun!
Perhaps it will be in the main game or at least come in an update. Time will tell.

VBR
The Tuning Prohibited option in online lobbies has not been carried over from GT5/GT6 into GT Sport (well not in the demo version at least), so those who like to race with default setups will have no way of ensuring that everyone in the lobby is on the same page. So, first of all Shuffle racers get hit with the Shuffle racing option being removed with the change from GT5 to GT6, & now those who like Tuning Prohibited Racing are being given the same treatment. I thought that having the option for forced setups was a no-brainer in sim racing lobbies!

Have Polphony Digital never heard of S.N.A.I.L!

RIP stock & spec racing...

:banghead::boggled:🤬:confused::crazy::dunce::eek::(:guilty::ill::indiff::irked::mad::nervous::odd::ouch::rolleyes::scared:👎:yuck::grumpy:

Are you sure? would be odd considering that is what Sports mode always does.

Are you sure? would be odd considering that is what Sports mode always does.

VBR
Yes, I'm sure that the option for hosts to do this is not in the demo.

I can also confirm that I was not able to find this option for hosts in the open lobbies in the demo / beta. It does seem odd to me that sport mode would prohibit tuning (I've only read this as I didn't play any sport mode in the demo / beta) and there is no option in the lobbies to do the same. Here's to hoping it was held back from the demo / beta for some reason and it will be included in the full game.

Here's to hoping it was held back from the demo / beta for some reason and it will be included in the full game.

I remember hoping the same thing regarding Shuffle when GT6 came out. This is a gamebreaker for me as most of my time in GT5 was in Shuffle rooms, & most of my time in GT6 was in spec/stock lobbies. I'm only really interested in racing online with gentleman racers on real world tracks in untuned road cars, something GT6 excells at whilst GT Sport fails at miserably.

This is a serious bummer if true. I tried the demo, liked it, preordered yesterday, and now the only kind of racing I ever did in GT5 and 6 has been possibly taken away.

I ditched the PS3 when PCars came out but I was never really happy with that game. Hoping to grab GTS and jump back into spec racing. But now...guess we’ll wait and see.

One neat thing I did notice was that from the way I was reading it while in the demo looking at the car "upgrades" they are of an adjustable nature so buying and installing upgrades would not make a car ineligible for stock races as in the garage you could adjust it back to stock for a stock race and then adjust it back to full upgrades for a "unlimited" race.

I like that as in the older versions once you modded a car it was not legal for stock racing unless you sold all the upgrades at a big loss and then to reinstall you had to buy them all over again. Sort of forced a larger garage for the same cars in different states of tune.

Would truly be a downer if this wasn't an option. I raced online a lot in GT5/6 and exploited the heck out of various tuning tricks but the best racing I had was in spec or near spec series or in the Parity Leagues I participated in. The racing was closer and, if you did well, it was pure skill rather than finding a magic tuning exploit. I can't imagine them not patching this in if it's not in the game at release.

Today I went for the first time to a lobby (GTS demo) and I couldn't change my setup. Not sure it was a bug or not but I had stage 3 engine and weight reduction and people were racing stock GT3. I went to the car setup and the options were blocked/greyed out.

I'm not 100% sure if I could tweak suspensions, LSD or gears but from what I vaguely recall I couldn't.

They can't do this. It limits options for those who run regular series with set regulations.

Reactions: VBR
Today I went for the first time to a lobby (GTS demo) and I couldn't change my setup. Not sure it was a bug or not but I had stage 3 engine and weight reduction and people were racing stock GT3. I went to the car setup and the button options were blocked/greyed out.

I'm not 100% sure if I could tweak suspensions, LSD or gears but from what I vaguely recall I couldn't.

I think to change the car upgrades you have to go back into your garage to change the upgrades, at least that is how I was understanding that part of it from the demo.

I think to change the car upgrades you have to go back into your garage to change the upgrades, at least that is how I was understanding that part of it from the demo.

Hmmm... But I only wanted to reduce the percentage to match stage 1, not reverting back to stage 1. We could do that in previous games. :/ But maybe it's different now.

Hmmm... But I only wanted to reduce the percentage to match stage 1, not reverting back to stage 1. We could do that in previous games. :/ But maybe it's different now.

From what I was understanding that "adjustabilty" is there but must be done in the garage. If you look at the upgrade specs you have ranges that allow lower than or higher than stock setups for hp and the same as from stock weight to lower weights. I think they can be changed as you prefer and you are not locked into one setting.

This is the way I was understanding it but I could be wrong!

@VFOURMAX1 yes, that makes sense. Then we might have to wait until next week to see if the mandatory stock option is there or not. I hope it is.

@VFOURMAX1 yes, that makes sense. Then we might have to wait until next week to see if the mandatory stock option is there or not. I hope it is.

Same here, in the old game you would need three or 4 of the same model car to have one for each type of race set up allowed. That got old over multiple classes of cars!

I really like idea of racing stock road cars as they come from manufacturers, especially something like the GT3 RS that is finally featured in GT.

I thought it would be nice to make a one make race stock cup or cars of similar performance, without modifying anything except the visual stuff like color/livery! So i wasnt really happy to see this gone... i hope it will return in a patch or something...

Reactions: VBR
It would be broken one car have everything and have the best driver ? What the point competing if they going win anyway ? It just my though. But they could make separate room for non stock to compet for fun. But for sport mode just leave as it is.

Would truly be a downer if this wasn't an option. I raced online a lot in GT5/6 and exploited the heck out of various tuning tricks but the best racing I had was in spec or near spec series or in the Parity Leagues I participated in. The racing was closer and, if you did well, it was pure skill rather than finding a magic tuning exploit. I can't imagine them not patching this in if it's not in the game at release.

This!

:D

Has anyone here raced in Sport mode? Or used any of the cars under BoP regulations? You can get nigh identical times barring dealing with drive layout intrinsic handling differences, only thing left is skill of the driver and knowledge of the course. Isn't this what you guys are looking for? Perhaps I am missing something no?

I am sure you can implement BoP in custom lobbies which is far fairer than whatever GT5/6 ever had. It takes into consideration the car performance going around that particular circuit as well, I mean isn't this what you want in your racing league fairness and level field of cars?(as level as relatively possible)

I'm not authority on that shuffle racing stuff but I did race a few times in it and while it was a bit fun, if you got a crap car that was the end of your race, you'd be lucky to make a showing of it. BoP would alleviate getting a lemon of a car because it balances all the vehicles in relation to the course and each other. No one gets to tune and it's all done automatically, sort of like how ACO does in GT3, Prototype and GTE when they start handing out BoP restrictions to ensure competition is driver skill based and less about car advantages in power and dynamics. Let's give it a wait until Tuesday when it goes on sale and we can actually check this stuff out.

I'm against tuning for Sport mode, everyone should have the same fixed setup. It's unfair to enable that option as only select minority understand tuning and majority doesn't, leaving those few with much better lap times than others. It's going to become like AC on ps4 if they enable that. Where everyone quits the race by the second or third lap leaving only a few people that are far apart from each other. I wouldn't mind it in regular lobbies, but Sport lobbies, NO.

I stopped playing AC because there are not many players, many nasty drivers in public lobbies, and lastly due to not allowing fixed or equal setups enabling those who tune to have a huge advantage each lap. It's unfair. Especially when those same people who tune also cut the track big time and evade penalties.

I'd rather fixed setups and tuned setups be a part of all online lobby possibilities so we can choose our personal preferences but things don't always work that way with PD. Tuning is as much a part of racing as driving and, so long as it follow real world tendencies, tuning adds another layer of depth and complexity to the game, something it appears to lack IMO.

Has anyone here raced in Sport mode? Or used any of the cars under BoP regulations? You can get nigh identical times barring dealing with drive layout intrinsic handling differences, only thing left is skill of the driver and knowledge of the course. Isn't this what you guys are looking for? Perhaps I am missing something no?

I am sure you can implement BoP in custom lobbies which is far fairer than whatever GT5/6 ever had. It takes into consideration the car performance going around that particular circuit as well, I mean isn't this what you want in your racing league fairness and level field of cars?(as level as relatively possible)

I'm not authority on that shuffle racing stuff but I did race a few times in it and while it was a bit fun, if you got a crap car that was the end of your race, you'd be lucky to make a showing of it. BoP would alleviate getting a lemon of a car because it balances all the vehicles in relation to the course and each other. No one gets to tune and it's all done automatically, sort of like how ACO does in GT3, Prototype and GTE when they start handing out BoP restrictions to ensure competition is driver skill based and less about car advantages in power and dynamics. Let's give it a wait until Tuesday when it goes on sale and we can actually check this stuff out.

With BoP enabled, people can still tune their cars. So if you had two drivers of equal speed in the same cars with one untuned & the other tuned to the max, you're obviosly going to get different times. People have been racing with the Tuning Prohibited option since the days of GT5 through to GT6, taking it out is a kick in the teeth to them.

R3V
This isn't the real tuning simulator. Go play CMS 2018 if that's what you're after.
Tuning is a part of the game regardless of the marketing tagline. Your bitter retorts won't change that.

I'd rather fixed setups and tuned setups be a part of all online lobby possibilities so we can choose our personal preferences but things don't always work that way with PD. Tuning is as much a part of racing as driving and, so long as it follow real world tendencies, tuning adds another layer of depth and complexity to the game, something it appears to lack IMO.

I don't mind it being an option for normal online lobbies. I'm referring to actual tuning not involving power increase or weight decrease, the tuning in racing sims that allows one to lap better times. As for the PP kind of thing we had back in GT5 and GT6 that didn't bother me and everyone knew which cars performed the best.

As I read through many threads concerning many subjects about what people want or prefer in the game or do not want it becomes obvious that it would be hard if not downright impossible to make a game that fills everyone's desires without so many different levels and classes of racing that would cover all scenario's.

So what would you rather have a game balanced to a point that all makes of cars within a class has roughly an even chance of winning even though their strong and weak points may lie in different areas of a track (this is what I think GTS is trying to accomplish) or have it maybe more real world where it would be a possibility that one or two cars in a class are the only ones with really having a chance of winning as they dominate the competition performance wise?

As a game producer you also must take into account to receive a license to create and model real world brands and cars that if the performance of that brand within your game made the brand look inferior or non competitive against other brands in the same car class would you grant the license or permission to the game to use your brand?

I would rather see multiple brands battling within a class and actually be able to drive a car I liked overall rather than be forced to drive something different to have a chance to be competitive or place well in a race. I do understand that I am playing a game and I want a fun, close clean racing experience and fully realize I will never turn my game playing into a career in the real world!

So as a result it really does not matter to me if the Corvette cannot beat the Mercedes AMG in the real world at a particular track. Maybe I just like the looks and the sound of the Corvette in the game better. All that matters as it was a heck of a race with a lot of close battles and changing positions back and forth.

There is a lot behind the scenes that we as racers are not privy to as to why some decisions or options may or not be in the finished product.

As I read through many threads concerning many subjects about what people want or prefer in the game or do not want it becomes obvious that it would be hard if not downright impossible to make a game that fills everyone's desires without so many different levels and classes of racing that would cover all scenario's.

That may be the case regarding some features, but not in this instance. Simply give people a Tuning Prohibited option, & let them decide if they want to use it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back