North Korea, Sanctions, and Kim Jong-un

I feel like the US President probably shouldn't be wishing a dictator who murders his own people well under any circumstance.

I feel like the US President probably shouldn't be wishing a dictator who murders his own people well under any circumstance.
In WWII, Roosevelt had to choose be on the same side as Stalin. They had to meet, undertake diplomacy and strategy in order to defeat Hitler.

Since WWII, the US has supported dictators almost too numerous to count, sometimes in the overthrow of a democracy. Sometimes we liquidate dictators under gruesome public view. Dictators have been necessary and useful to us. "Chaos is a ladder", as Littlefinger said.

In WWII, Roosevelt had to choose be on the same side as Stalin. They had to meet, undertake diplomacy and strategy in order to defeat Hitler.

Which is also why the two situations aren't even remotely similar, as we had a common, genocidal enemy. Also, once the Third Reich was dealt with, the US and the USSR became obvious enemies almost immediately after WWII.

I fail to see how Trump being buddy-buddy with NK benefits the USA in any capacity, especially since Trump has shown dictator-ish tendencies over the course of his term. If anything, NK ends up being the winner, because it legitamizes all the bad 🤬 they've gotten up to, and will likely continue to get up to.

Since WWII, the US has supported dictators almost too numerous to count, sometimes in the overthrow of a democracy. Sometimes we liquidate dictators under gruesome public view. Dictators have been necessary and useful to us. "Chaos is a ladder", as Littlefinger said.

Just because the US gets in bed with dictators from time to time doesn't mean it's right.

North Korea have now blown up the joint liaison office on the DMZ. I've got friends stationed in SK and I'm praying that this doesn't escalate any further.

...Blowing up something that's within their border, built with their own money (presumably) and by their own workforce, for the sake of maintaining a line to a country other than China who's willing to listen to them?

Huh.

With our luck, he'd pick a building he assumes is empty but Fauci or Birx somehow would be present.

Nah, it would be empty of people, but full of infectious diseases that will cause a super pandemic due to being unleashed via explosion.

Nah, it would be empty of people, but full of infectious diseases that will cause a super pandemic due to being unleashed via explosion.

Move over COVID-19, get ready for COVID-20: The Electric Boogaloo.

For the most part humans eat vegetarians. Well, pigs might be omnivores, but what are they fed before they are harvested? Who eats carnivores? I'd be willing to bet dog meat is dark, oily and nasty.

Yeah, I've had alligator, but it has always been breaded and deep fried.

For the most part humans eat vegetarians.

The animals we eat are themselves vegetarians. Cows, sheep and deer etc are herbavore grazers whilst chicken, geese and turkey are grain fed.

It's a good point I never thought about until it coincidentally came up in conversation two weeks ago.

I wouldn't be opposed to eating dog in principle but the tangibility of confiscating people's pets due to a food shortage is obviously horrific and more gross incompetence by North Korea.

The animals we eat are themselves vegetarians. Cows, sheep and deer etc are herbavore grazers whilst chicken, geese and turkey are grain fed.

It's a good point I never thought about until it coincidentally came up in conversation two weeks ago.

I wouldn't be opposed to eating dog in principle but the tangibility of confiscating people's pets due to a food shortage is obviously horrific and more gross incompetence by North Korea.
When I was working as a landman in the petroleum business in Texas four decades ago, I went to the home of one Yearby Ward to lease his mineral interests. He lived alone in a small house on a tiny farm. He kept a pet in the house - a pig that weighed at least twice as much as himself.

Back