NOs drifting

pop-n-fresh
is it not noby 2 drift with nos????

No offence but what are you trying to say?

I will take a wild guess and say that you are asking if people here use nos to drift?

Well although im not the greatest drifter in the world by a long shot i have been drifting for a while now and i have not used Nitrous (Nos is a brand name, and that particular brand is not in GT4) to initiate or maintain drifts. Partly because i forget its there as i use it very rarely and also i have never really felt the need to use it. Rather than using nitrous maybe you should try different ways of initiating a drift such as feint drifting, brake drifting or good old fashion power drifting. Other people on this board will be able to help you more than i can but after watching your video also on this board, it seems that you do not have enough power to start the drift so why dont you try and slow down a little more than you usually would then change down a gear, this should cause 2 things

1, A dramatic rise in revs, will help get the wheels spinning

2, you will also be in the "sweet spot" of the rev range where your car will be producing its maximum BHP.

Nitrous id the easy way to over come this but you should try and learn to do it without the use of nitrous in the first place. I beleive it will make you a more acomplished and succesful drifter.

Dont forget the most important thing though -PRACTICE!!!

Hope this helps

Welcome To GTP!

He's Statement was "Is it not 'Newby' To drift using Nitrous"

Yes it is, and a silly Technique.
Take a Look around the Forum before Posting threads, There is a Crap Load of Info on this site, and it show you anything you need to know to get you started.

A Thread i found using a 2 second search.
Use of Nitrous In Drifting

Shut Doors, i suppose.

Hah, I've never seen this come up before. Ignore anyone that calls a technique 'newbie'. As a driver you should try to know every technique and make them all part of your 'drift vocabulary'. That being said, I've been using my L1 trigger as a 'clutch kick' nearly since the game came out. For me this is the perfect way to get around many of the flaws in GT4 and bring more realism to the game.

Usage: First set your Nitrous to max and remap its button to something convinient.

'Clutch Kick' - Approaching a corner at full speed, turn into the corner and simulatenously 'kick the clutch' (do this by quickly tapping the button you mapped once or possibly twice for a car with a lot of understeer/low power), counter-steer...

This allows for highly agressive entries, which, because of their speed, can start the drift earlier than other methods.

'Clutch Slip' - While on a straight, hold the 'clutch slip' (hold full throttle and nitrous simulatenously) until traction is lost, maintain full throttle and use delicate steering to ease into the drift.

Though not as fast as the 'clutch kick', it will allow you to start the smoke show way before the corner.

It's also possible to use both techniques for mid drift adjustment, though this usually suggest poor line selection and/or speed control problems.

i only use nitrous if i have a car that has to stay in a certain powerband to keep drifting...if the revs get too low i bump it back up to keep the drift going
examples:
Nissan Skyline M
Mazda Autozam AZ-1

CoolGeekz
i only use nos if i have a car that has to stay in a certain powerband to keep drifting...if the revs get too low i bump it back up to keep the drift going
examples:
Nissan Skyline M
Mazda Autozam AZ-1

Hehe, I bet that really helps there. ;)

katsuhiro Ueo is the only driver in D1 who uses nitrous. he's got a corrolla so its ok. and he does use it mid-drift not just to gain speed. most of the cars in D1 can reach the speeds that they need to very easily.

'Nos' is not only a brand name, it's also a street term.

There are a few cars in the Drift Settings Depot that say they require Nitrous as a drifting technique, usually to build up enough power to get the wheels to slip better. I've never touched the Nos while driving practice runs on El Capitan, so I don't really know how useful/cool-looking/fast the technique is.

-Fuzzy

sidewayzinCA
katsuhiro Ueo is the only driver in D1 who uses nitrous. he's got a corrolla so its ok. and he does use it mid-drift not just to gain speed. most of the cars in D1 can reach the speeds that they need to very easily.

ok, i am chnaging this. ueo does not have nitrous and second, apparently alot of people do use nitrous but mostly for cooling the radiator or intercoolers.

i dont know if kazama's s15 still does but it used to use NOS>
it had like 415hp without and 520 with nos or something like that.

I have nos on every one of my drift cars, but half the time I end up uninstalling it because I never touch it. I forget it's there. I just fient or yank my e-brake (shift + on the DFP, I USE AN EXTERNAL SHIFTER :) ) and finish the run and reallize that I never used the nos. I think it's taboo to use it as no REAL LIFE drifter would have to resort to using it.

DARKEST_HOUR
Depends how where when/ect.
What depends on how, when & where/etc...? S'plain Lucy.

DARKEST_HOUR
wouldn't nos make your engine run hotter?
What's the basis for you thinking that? Nitrous is freakin' great (yes it is really that great). It's a self contained tubo/supercharger in a bottle, LITERALLY. N20, 2 parts nitrogen, 1 part oxygen. Naturally if you've got it plumbed into your intake track, it will force extra air into the combustion chamber, pretty simple everyone already knew that. When N20 reachs a certain temperature (I can't remember what temp exactly) the chemical reaction enduced by heat causes the nitrous molecules to seperate from the oxygen molecule. This reaction causes an instant cooling effect. That's why they offer bottle warmers for nitrous sytems, to reduce the amount of time it takes for that chemical reaction to take place. That is also why they recommend certain types of nitrous kits be installed a certain distance from your primary (first) intake runner to recieve air from the manifold. It promotes proper atomization (separation of nitrogen and oxygen molecules), the cooler your intake charge becomes the denser the air becomes and is more likely to remain that way. So why do they spray intrecoolers with nitrous? The same reason, when the hot air from a turbo goes through an intercooler, it relies on the heat transfer abilities of the material of an intercooler, and the design of the bars and fins in the rows. Nitrous will nearly double your intercoolers cooling effieciency and help retain air density which WILL drop from having to run through X amount of piping to reach the intake manifold. Will it make your car run hotter, no. Will it promote proper combustion under increased pressure, yes. People who hate nitrous just refuse to acknowledge the possibilities it can offer you if you know how, when and where you want to use it.

As far as using it in GT4, I haven't really tried to use it during drifting, I haven't really felt the need to use it for purposes of breaking traction or extending drifts.

rsmithdrift
I think it's taboo to use it as no REAL LIFE drifter would have to resort to using it.
It's come to the point where they almost HAVE to use nitrous. Example: D1GP drivers linking the S-Section of Tsukuba into the 2nd hairpin and stretching it out onto the right under the Dunlop bridge. Do they need the nitrous to pull off the link, no. Is it beneficial to their exit speed, VERY MUCH SO. Nitrous is pushing the level of tandems up way higher than it was afew years ago. Everyone makes it out to be they use it to break loose, I'm sure it helps with that, but from the point the turbo spool to WOT there is no spray. It's been clairified before it's to increase exit speeds to increase gaps during tandems, and to a certain extent...retain wheelspin where you'd fall out of boost. So if you want to explain why it'd be so taboo to use it, explain. Because I only see it making drifting even more competitive than it already is.

DRIFTN
Yes it is, and a silly Technique.
After a respected member explained a different view.
DRIFTN
I had no idea of the benefits from Nitrous.

:lol:

Just cause its used in FNF or 2F2F doesnt mean its bad ;).

I think having Nitrous for a drift car can help you out for those extra long links. That way you dont have to run 450hp for 100% of the track which may clearly be to much HP, when 300hp for 95% and a shot of Nitrous for the other 5% will suffice. This way you get that extra long link, but dont have uncontrollable or too much power for the rest of the track, where you simply dont need it. Best of both worlds 👍

Isn't it funny, how easiler my Opinion can be Altered, as Respectable Knowledge comes into the Equation.

BUT!, my First comment was referring to GT4.

Where my Second comment was Related to Benefits in a real car.

I don´t find any reason to use nitrous if u have a well powerd car u don´t need nos to make the wheels spin.. there are diffrent ways to make them spin (use n1 tires) and e-brake

Every drift car i have on gt4 has nitrious. Maybe because most of my cars are powerless.....
GO THE NA s13 👍

And im pretty sure there is a naturally aspirated 350z in d1gp which has nitrous.

Back