Notification of Maintenance 19/08/2014, 20/08/2014

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 1,394 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure there has been a double maintenance before, we will prob get the update following the second maintenance period. Highly doubt there will be two updates

[IMPORTANT] How to Resolve Updates and Installation Issues

We are aware that some users may experience issues when downloading and installing certain Game Updates for Gran Turismo 6.

There is a specific issue related to Update 1.02 and a generic one applicable to all updates: please refer to the corresponding "Related Link" below for a solution.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5940004.html

IwCTKSQmW3I.jpg

I hear of recognition from PD regarding install issues.

So what are the chances of:
Update 1 ... compulsory with all the goodies.
Update 2 ... optional with things like VGT videos.

*Edit*
Just read that link.
Not exactly news as a 'fix'.
And no mention of splitting downloads.
Looks like my idea's been shot down pretty fast. :lol:

Last edited:
I'm not expecting much from the maintenance periods, if anything at all.
Well every time there's been an announced maintenance, we've gotten an update but it seems strange that there is 2 maintenance periods instead of the usual one. Maybe the first will be for some 'prepping' then the second will bring the content or the first maintenance period brings content then the second fixes any problems. Just a thought.

First maintenance - New Update (Tuesday).
Second maintenance - unlock DLC in PS Store (Wednesday).
(PS Store updated every Wednesday).

A surprise car perhaps? Quoted from the Pebble Beach thing, "Kazunori Yamauchi selects a car to be awarded the “Gran Turismo Trophy”, after which it will be digitized and immortalized in the Gran Turismo series.". The Maserati A6GCS won it this year so I suppose it's possible? To go along with the Abarth Bertone B.A.T, Plymouth XNR, Lamborghini Miura and Alfa Romeo TZ2 Zagato that also won it at different points?

11udcgi.jpg

jszpsm.jpg

It'd be a cool car to have and would make a nice addition to the almost empty Maserati dealer... I doubt it though as we're still waiting for the other Gran Turismo Award cars from Pebble Beach such as the Aston Martin DB3S and Ferrari 500...

I don't think so. Because they can't modelize a whole car in just one single day. That's almost impossible (if not completely impossible).

If they had already planned that this would win then they could have had months at it? I dunno, was just a thought. :P It could even come in 1.13 or something. I'm guessing just as much as everyone else is.

First maintenance - New Update (Tuesday).
Second maintenance - unlock DLC in PS Store (Wednesday).
(PS Store updated every Wednesday).
That would be awesome, but I don't really expect any DLC coming before the Spec 2.0 is released, as they did with GT5.

Well it kind of makes sense for the Alfa or Subaru VGT to be unlocked in the update, and Zahara wouldn't be too much of a stretch either - given that elements of all three things exist in the game already.

I'm not holding out much hope for Course Maker or anything that big though.

I wonder what the update will have. I'm all for a new track and VGT cars but hope we get more. I'd like the community page and the ability to trade items to come back. I don't know. I'll just wait and see.

I'll just put this here, from NeoGaf from our friend @Whistle Snap :

Wax Free Vanilla
(Today, 12:16 PM)
Big update 1 for amazing August:

At the following time we will perform maintenance on the servers for Gran Turismo 6:

Start: 19/08/2014 13:00 BST
Finish: 19/08/2014 15:00 BST

Start: 20/08/2014 13:00 BST
Finish: 20/08/2014 15:00 BST

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back