Happy Retirement, nowcontrol!

Canada
Canada
photonrider
@nowcontrol - you've done such a great job in here.

I'm at a loss for words - maybe others can chip in to express what it meant to us to have a member so indefatigable in keeping us posted on schedule and right on time about the Seasonals. All of us who do online TTs and drifting and racing - the first place we look, when the Seasonals are due, is in here - and we're always sure to find the threads up, all details in order, and links to tunes provided.

You did this all with so understated a presence that we almost took it for granted - but this is to say: no.
We did appreciate all you did - and here is a special thread to make sure you know that.

Hope you find another job soon. :dopey:

Thanks, buddy! :cheers:
H.

@nowcontrol - you've done such a great job in here.

I'm at a loss for words - maybe others can chip in to express what it meant to us to have a member so indefatigable in keeping us posted on schedule and right on time about the Seasonals. All of us who do online TTs and drifting and racing - the first place we look, when the Seasonals are due, is in here - and we're always sure to find the threads up, all details in order, and links to tunes provided.

You did this all with so understated a presence that we almost took it for granted - but this is to say: no.
We did appreciate all you did - and here is a special thread to make sure you know that.

Hope you find another job soon. :dopey:

Thanks, buddy! :cheers:
H.
I hope @nowcontrol gets a job somewhere on GTS Thread if PD give us things like this, give us fortnightly Time Trials and Rally Time Trials and Drift events :).

Nothing sells like Trump. :mischievous:

I hope @nowcontrol gets a job somewhere on GTS Thread if PD give us things like this, give us fortnightly Time Trials and Rally Time Trials and Drift events :).

We never know what sort of continual DLC may be coming for GTS - now that events like 'Daily Races', and so on, exist in GTS.
I'm not sure if nowcontrol plays GTS.

I'm not even sure if nowcontrol wants to make another thread in his life again.

:lol:

Well, forum says @nowcontrol is from London and seasonals are always starting in the middle of the night in this timezone (it's like 3 or 4 in the morning).
And everytime I hang around this time (mostly trying to best my time to the very end) there is always a new thread up literally minutes after the start of new event. I've no idea how he's doing it, but damn, that's dedication!
👍

7a7db0af9354b36630b47cd9ce688e75b3966d3a1a3a120925e3bc6edecfac8f.jpg
giphy.gif

:lol: :D

3f13e74c28bc98054742ea821c474cdc0e5b3bb7108d9b8be986a8cb835e0ec3.jpg

THANKS LADS. :cheers:
I'm not sure if nowcontrol plays GTS.

I'm not even sure if nowcontrol wants to make another thread in his life again.

:lol:
:lol: Yes @photonrider .. I am on GTS and have been since the Black Friday sales last year.

I've already stated in the general discussion thread over there that I will continue to make the threads there if this format of TT/DT and/or A-spec races surface in the game once GT6 has shut up shop online. 👍

Last edited:
Well, forum says @nowcontrol is from London and seasonals are always starting in the middle of the night in this timezone (it's like 3 or 4 in the morning).
And everytime I hang around this time (mostly trying to best my time to the very end) there is always a new thread up literally minutes after the start of new event. I've no idea how he's doing it, but damn, that's dedication!
👍

This is something that always amazed me - the ungodly hour he had to put up with - and yet he never missed a beat. Since he took over he did a wonderful job and it's great to see so many people come in here and say thanks as well as give his post a like - it surely must mean something to him to be appreciated.

7a7db0af9354b36630b47cd9ce688e75b3966d3a1a3a120925e3bc6edecfac8f.jpg
giphy.gif

:lol: :D

3f13e74c28bc98054742ea821c474cdc0e5b3bb7108d9b8be986a8cb835e0ec3.jpg

THANKS LADS. :cheers:

:lol: Yes @photonrider .. I am on GTS and have been since the Black Friday sales last year.

I've already stated in the general discussion thread over there that I will continue to make the threads there if this format of TT/DT and/or A-spec races surface in the game once GT6 has shut up shop online. 👍

Good to hear! 👍
Makes it all the more inspiring that you moved to GTS and didn't desert your fellow players in GT6.
No doubt the GTS Forums will eventually benefit from your presence.
Thanks once again for all you did here at the Seasonals Forum for many years.:cheers:

Agreed!

Many, many thanks to @nowcontrol for the help this has provided, and its massively impressive that you have kept these going all the way from october 2014.
Jogoasobi, Yannagas, and myself did these threads for a while, but you have provided threads for almost 75% of the events, all on your own!

As a sign of gratitude, please accept this custom engraved watch:;)
nowcontrol watch.png

Last edited:
Agreed!

Many, many thanks to @nowcontrol for the help this has provided, and its massively impressive that you have kept these going all the way from october 2014.
Jogoasobi, Yannagas, and myself did these threads for a while, but you have provided threads for almost 75% of the events, all on your own!

@nowcontrol did a great job in picking up the threads and continuing to maintain them so efficiently and seamless as he did.

It's a shame that shortly this entire sub-forum will be archived, together with the other online-activity related GT6 sub forums since they will fall out of use naturally as PSN take GT6 offline.
This means all nowcontrol's work and all the rest of the posts made in here will become just a matter of record.

This has other ramifications, too.
GT6 Players who built communities only around online activities are going to find their bases now gone - with the opportunities to meet now taken away. Everything from regular lobbies to leagues, clubs, etc. that used online as a base of operations will be gone.
Those who were active in offline activity - photography, tuning, specialty threads, etc. are still going to meet up with those they hung with.
Will this mean a forced migration to another game? Quite so for many.
But there are still core GT6 players around, I believe, that will continue to play the game and use GTPlanet as a base to meet - whether on and off or regularly - depending on whether it's their primary game or not and their personal schedules.

As a sign of gratitude, please accept this custom engraved watch:
View attachment 716111

Good one! :lol:
I think we should all give nowcontrol something. I'll have to do some shopping around. ;)

Thank you @nowcontrol for your tireless efforts to keep us informed about the Seasonals. I know I have thanked you before, but as the online portion of GT6 goes down, we will suffer a great loss.As many have already expressed their gratitude I am simply stating mine. I thank you also for the tunes you shared with me. May the Lord bless you as you move on. Thank you for everything and the awesome job you have done.:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ready or not, @nowcontrol now must either focus entirely on GTSport or other games, or just retire because the seasonal lineup we got is the last.

Yes, no update today and the Beginner-Intermediate-Advanced races seems to have a 28/3 expiry date, last day of server online.

I'm certainly going to miss these seasonal events. Used to come on here to check what the races/time trials were before attempting them. Got to give @nowcontrol immense credit for putting the threads together, keeping us all well-informed!

I think I'll cry now! :(

Maybe keep it alive offline. Just post a random previous screen grab of a challenge and participants post screen grabs to prove their times. Only top 5 screengrabs get published. Below 5 position you would either not post or delete/ be deleted. Just a passing thought.

Maybe keep it alive offline. Just post a random previous screen grab of a challenge and participants post screen grabs to prove their times. Only top 5 screengrabs get published. Below 5 position you would either not post or delete/ be deleted. Just a passing thought.
That's basically what we do in the AI HUB.

Rest assured you won't be forgotten my friend. I know some of them, but those who have already moved on I'm sure they feel the same way. Thank you for your endless keeping these and us notified. :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:.

Wow, seems it really has finished. It was great while it lasted.

Anyway mate I'd just like to say ............. everything they all said, along with my own personal thankyou.

Hope we manage to all get back together in GTS, eventually. Who knows how things will pan out.

Cheers mate, take care, it's been great riding with you.

Wow, seems it really has finished. It was great while it lasted.

Anyway mate I'd just like to say ............. everything they all said, along with my own personal thankyou.

Hope we manage to all get back together in GTS, eventually. Who knows how things will pan out.

Cheers mate, take care, it's been great riding with you.
Hey mate, if you still want to race on GT6 come and join the AI HUB.

Hey mate, if you still want to race on GT6 come and join the AI HUB.
These days I am only doing the Dailies on GTSport, that takes up all my racing time, but thanks for asking.

Unfortunately, while they do have section for fastest Time Trials before each race, they only show the top ten.

Back