Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
What about a NASCAR championship? We can use some cars similiar to them and put them on oval tracks, with full damage on. I won't join this "High School Days" because it will be really boring in my opinion.

Oh, I know. You’ve made your aversion to road car events pretty clear last week. That’s why I didn’t tag you in this one.

Oh, I know. You’ve made your aversion to road car events pretty clear. That’s why I didn’t tag you.
Not actually. Maybe I was a bit rude, sorry, I don't like the type of cars you chose to use for this one, but I like the other road cars like the Pontiac Firebird, S-FR Racing Concept and so on.

Not actually. Maybe I was a bit rude, sorry, I don't like the type of cars you chose to use for this one, but I like the other road cars like the Pontiac Firebird, S-FR Racing Concept and so on.

I do like your NASCAR suggestion. That might be something worth trying out, especially for the ovals.

There's something else that I neglected to mention. As you're looking over the specs for this week's event in the master post, you'll notice that the Race Schedule template looks different than usual. I'm going to start including the day type, time, and weather conditions, indicated by the row of Xs below the track selection. I only bothered doing this when a race featured a wet weather event, but I'll be doing it for all conditions as I know lighting (or lack thereof) can play a role in one's racing experience. That way, people will know the exact specs and can practice accordingly. Here's what I'm referring to:

Race Schedule
Round 1

Fuji Speedway (Short) - 4 Laps
XXXX | XXXX | XXXX
Round 2
Autodrome Lago Maggiore (West) II - 5 Laps
XXXX | XXXX | XXXX
Round 3
Kyoto Driving Park (Miyabi) - 9 Laps
XXXX | XXXX | XXXX
Round 4
Sardegna (B) - 5 Laps
XXXX | XXXX | XXXX
Round 5
Tokyo Expressway (SOL) - 4 Laps
XXXX | XXXX | XXXX​

Last edited:
Did a bit of testing with the cars to figure out what I'll use and get a couple of them tuned. Lap times ranged between 1'56.8xx and 1'58.9xx for me around Fuji.

Gonna try get home in time for a race or two... Was outside having dinner with my girlfriend... :embarrassed:

Update: Sorry if I missed the fun races. Just got home late...

Last edited:
I like the idea of the NSX multiclass, but it's a bit mad to put 3 classes if we don't get the full grid. I think it's sufficient to have Gr.3 and Gr.4 class. Anyway, count me in! Sorry if I missed last round but I couldn't enter.

Looks good. Had a great time racing today’s events. Sorry I had to bug out early. Any chance of bumping up the start time to 8am?

I certainly don’t mind starting an hour earlier, but it also depends on how the time bump works for everyone else involved.

@LineR32 @TurboTacho, how well does starting an hour earlier this upcoming Saturday work for you guys?

I certainly don’t mind starting an hour earlier, but it also depends on how the time bump works for everyone else involved.

@LineR32 @TurboTacho, how well does starting an hour earlier this upcoming Saturday work for you guys?
It sounds great, but I'll give it a try before jumping on the conclusion of the trial!

On top of that, to make up for the lost weekend. I'm sure many will go for the Gr.2 cars.

It sounds great, but I'll give it a try before jumping on the conclusion of the trial!

On top of that, to make up for the lost weekend. I'm sure many will go for the Gr.2 cars.

With the ability to tune, plus the skill of certain drivers, I feel Gr.3 and even Gr.4 can be at least competitive with Gr.2. We’ll see.

Back