Gran Turismo: Simulation Mode

• Thread starter Satomiblood
  • 1,810 comments
I am up for the weekend like last sunday. It started at 14.00 and did not conflict with the sunday cup. It had 8 people which seems as a fair group. I cannot join 4 times a week. And I presume most others also not.

But a morning through the week and weekend and afternoon is no problem and I would definitely support this. I mentioned earlier the stricter day and time the more people can use to it and visit you. The more random times the smaller the group will be. I would therefore suggest this. So I think you need to say every sunday at 14.00 for example. Or any other date and time that suits the organisation.

However, I also like the format we were racing in sunday. So few tracks like planned. I dont know if this needs to be changed since it seemed pretty cool to me. We had 8 people enyoing this. If the groups are consistent you can always change the plans accordingly.

I'm in for the weekend, Wed nights I race with my friends (Could change if they move to another game.) and I'll be racing on Fri nights in the DRL Audi league soon.

Longer races will be good with a pit stop.

I am also good with a fixed time slot on the weekend. During the week might be difficult for me, but I’m all in for a weekend gig

The time we ran on Sunday worked perfect for me. I work rotating shifts, so there will occasionally be Sundays that I can't race, but the 8:00-11:00 EST works for me.

I feel like one weekend and one weekday would be best. Back to back weekend mornings are hard to commit to. Weekday is up to you. I'm busy almost every night on week days.

Might anyone be on a little later? I might be able to open a room. Have to handle some things at our place before I can sit down and play.

I might only be able to do an hour tomorrow. I’ll switch the room ownership to off so you guys can keep playing when I leave, unless someone else wants to start it.

Alright guys, I've given up. Weak crowd today. Fun races for the first bit. See you next weekend.
I think there needs to be a little more structure to this. We had people bouncing in and out, not in the right car(s) or class for that matter. Should we possibly think about making these one make races? That might be easier to follow, for those that need it.
Nonetheless it was very fun racing today. See you guys next week!

This biggest issue from my perspective is not having a large enough group yet. I honestly didn't want to open it to the public but because we were so low on attendees, if was the only way to try and have a full room.

I agree we need some structure. Didn't help that Satomi couldn't host as he is the creator of this group.

Thanks again for covering, Rad. I’m in the process of buying a home, so I apologize for not keeping up with the lobby. We could keep the lobbies open, but that’ll always attract people that are oblivious to certain specs. That’s the problem with not being able to filter lobbies to certain manufacturers, be it by country or specific cars. But I’m afraid this is the sort of annoyance we have to put up with until we’re able to get more folks involved on a routine basis.

Thanks again for covering, Rad. I’m in the process of buying a home, so I apologize for not keeping up with the lobby. We could keep the lobbies open, but that’ll always attract people that are oblivious to certain specs. That’s the problem with not being able to filter lobbies to certain manufacturers, be it by country or specific cars. But I’m afraid this is the sort of annoyance we have to put up with until we’re able to get more folks involved on a routine basis.

No problem, man. Anytime.

Hopefully everyone can come out next Sunday. We'll get there, it's just gonna take time.

Definitely. I read the room would not be open very long so did not join. As I said patience is important.

Still it does not help that others are trying to take a similar spot as well. They will notice that it will not be worthy to have separate N-class groups with lower amount of players than having one GTP group with a lot more players.

Synchronising is something that I would like to see more. Sure everybody has its own (better) ideas. But communicating together not to interfere eachothers rooms seems vital.

Also structure is important, so knowing a week or some days in advance what the tracks will be. And of course a starting time that is identical every week.

Latest Posts

Back