Nurburgring 24h Endurance - *** PICS ADDED *** - 200 A-Spec

• Thread starter Snyp
  • 28 comments
24h Endurance - NURBURGRING - 200 A-Spec​

Sorry for my bad english, I'm doing my best

Please comment this report FREELY as it's my first one :)

I'll try to do my report as good as FLK and SMALLHORSE did with their 24h endurance race of De la Sarthe. Respect man, your reports were awesome. :D
And congratz for your win 👍

I chose the Amuse S2000 R1 with R1s tires to go to this race... I've tried at first to go out there completly stock... I realised, with the line up, that it was impossible after 4 laps while the Audi A4 Touring was already 12s in front. I was taking 0.4s in most twisty section, but on straight aways he would take up to 0.7 - 1.0 sec...

So I decided to go out there with minor mods :
FC Tranny (Setup default)
Triple Plate Clutch
RC Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft​

I'll use Flerbizky's Nurburgring map to avoid you to remember all the corner's names :P

LINE UP
ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00
Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03
Audi A4 Touring Car '04
Amuse S2000 R1 '04

note : Everytime I'll be saying *the cars gets out of pit xx seconds behind/in front... I'll be taking this time at Checkpoint 2 (HOCHEICHEN) instead of checkpoint 1 (Start/finish) simply 'cause the time is more valuable this way.

Hour 1

The 1st one is already pulling away at HOCHEICHEN - I overtake the Audi A4 by the inside at FLUGPLATZ

I overtake the CELICA at SCHWEDENKREUZ for 3rd place - I over the MR-S through FUCHSROHRE for 2nd place

I overtake the MR-S for 1st place entering WEHRSEIFEN - I'm already pulling away exting WEHRSEIFEN

Gap gets more important enterning MUTKURVE KM12 - I'm all alone by PFLANZGARTEN KM17

End of straight in the end of lap 1, the gap is already over 4seconds between me and the A4

I quickly realise that I'm much faster with my new setup... By AREMBERGKURVE in lap 1, I've already took the lead and manage to end up Lap 1 with 4seconds over the A4. On lap 3 I set my first best lap at 7'21.042. I continue to take up some times through the laps and manage to pit in the end of Lap 5 10seconds ahead of the Audi. On my exit of the pit, I'm 12seconds behind at the 2nd checkpoint auround HOCHEICHEN. The Audi pits in the end of Lap 6 as expected but 20 seconds in front due to an excursion that happened to me at MUTKURVE due to an "over-agressiveness-on-cold-tires" :ouch: ... This "small" mistake cost me around 8seconds... So the Audi Gets out 11.5 seconds behind me (HOCHEICHEN) and I manage with a good lap (7'21.569) to take advantage of his cold tires and put him 17.8 seconds behind me at the end of Lap 6. There's nothing much to say for Lap 7 and 8... Up to now, there's only two cars in the race, me and the Audi A4 Touring Car ; the closest after him is at least 3minutes behind based on position over the map.
I've been driving well so far... Let's hope It'll continue :D
Snyp​

Hour 2

Everything had remain stable for Lap 8-9 and lap 10 was my pitting lap. I pitted in 20sec ahead of the Audi and got pitted out only 3.546 sec Behind at HOCHEICHEN... It was pretty hard to fallow him because he was still on good tires and I was on cold ones... He got the gap up to 5.5 sec when I made mistake at GALGENKOPF before the long straightaway when I hitted the inside curb because of a miss of concentration and went straight in the outside wall :ouch: . That mistake cost me around 3.5 seconds. At the end of lap 11, I was 9.146 sec behind but my tire were getting up in temperature and his were getting worn and he ended up pitting only 2.173 ahead as I pulled a new lap record of 7'20.113 using his sliptream through the long straight. It was now time for me to use his cold tires to my advantage and PUSH HARD while the A4 pitted out 29.980 behind me at HOCHEICHEN... Unfortunatly, I pushed a little too hard into SCHWEDENKREUZ and touched the grass on the outside. I still manage to keep the car on the track but not without losses. That little mistake cost me 1.0s. By the end of lap 12, the gap was up to 35.537 sec, gj 👍 . On the lap 14, I easily lapped the Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA out accelerating him on the exit of BERGWERK. At beginning of lap 15, I gain some time over the A4 while he got stucked behind the SILVIA from the beginning of the lap. He managed to pass him only at AREMBERGKURVE. I gain a little more than 3 sec throughout this. I, unfortunatly lost 5 sec while going into the sadtrap at PFLANZGARTEN KM17 while being a little too agressive entering this nasty corner.
It was my pitting in Lap and I pit in 26.719 sec in front and pit out a little 04.328 sec in front of the Audi A4 at HOCHEICHEN then made a mistake at SCHWEDENKREUZ again :ouch: and hitted the outside wall but managed to stay on the track again... PHEW. Still it cost me 2 seconds and the A4 was only 2.739 seconds behind at FUCHSROHRE. He gain a little more than 1 second from there up to the KARUSSELL but I manage bring the gap up to 2.843 sec at the beginning of the long str8...
Now on the beginning of lap 17, he's looking for the "jack" into my trunk as he's only 0.738 sec behind me... :nervous:
He's pitting at the end of lap 18 so I've got 2 laps to hold on, but my tires are going up in temperature. No mistakes = 👍
End of Hour 2

Hour 3

In beginning of hour 3, as mention before, the A4 is in my A** and the fight for provisionnal lead is on (he's pitting lap 18). As the fight continues approching SCHWEDENKREUZ the bas**** tries to bump me out of the track and take the outside in an attemp to overtake me in the Apex of AREMBERGKURVE but I manage to stay on the inside and force him to break a little more than usual costing him few precious tenth of seconds. With that pressure, I managed to pull out my best lap of 7'19.945 and put the gap up to 3.737. :sly:
On lap 18, i take some more time over the A4 as I Lap the MR-S easily at the exit of the KARUSSELL and he gets stucked behind him from the BRUNNSHEN to the Straight. With all that, the A4 pits in 11.3 seconds behind and pits out 39.215s behind me. Letting me a good gap to work with. On lap 19, I set a new lap record of 7'19.785 and the gap is up to 49.507 sec, wich will allow me to pit out obviously in front of the Audi 👍
On lap 20, the Audi finally confirmed his lap over the MR-S at the KARUSSEL and I pit in 50'785 sec in front of him and pit out with a nice gap of 29.459 in my favor :sly:
On the lap 21 I get into the santrap at PFLANZGARTEN KM17 again while being to agressive in the entrence AGAIN ! :ouch: This mistake costed me about 10 seconds and the gap is down to 19.519 sec at the end of this lap.
On lap 22 I lap the ASL ARTA Garaiya in the beginning of the esses known as SPRUNGHUGEL. The ARTA pits in at the end of Lap 22 and can't manage to get out in front of the A4... So I can't count on him to block him for awhile :grumpy: but the gap is still a good 17.335 sec.
On lap 23, I bring up the gap to 21.095 sec while pulling out a good lap of 7'20.453.
The A4 then pits in the end of Lap 24 26.795 sec behind me leaving all alone to push hard trying to take advantage of his cold tires to increase the gap since Lap 25 is my Pitting lap. I manage to pit in 1'03.520 in front of the Audi and pit out 39.955 sec behind.
I'm doing pretty good up to now, but nothing is done... I need to continue to increase the gap since I make more pit stop than he does.

Hour 4

On lap 26 I mad a slight mistake entering the AREMBERGKURVE ; I came in to tight and thus hitted the inside curb causing me a "way-to-wide" exit so I had to brake alot more than usual and it costed me around 3 sec. Add that to my cold tires that costed me another 3 seconds... Makes 6 seconds so the gap between me and the Audi at the end of this lap was of 33.820. I manage to bring up the gap to 36.226 seconds on lap 27 with a good Lap time of 7'20.149.
In the beginning of lap 28 I Lapped the Silvia for the 2nd time by the inside at the 2nd corner into HATZENBACH that allowed me to make a new Lap Record of 7'18.472 and also brought the gap up to 42.299 seconds with the A4. Then, on lap 29, the A4 also managed to Lap the Silvia at AREMBERGKURVE and the gap got to 44.171 by the end of this Lap. On lap 30, it was both our pitting lap... The Audi pitted in 52.060 seconds and then pitted out 1'00.327 behind leaving me with a "magic" minute lead. Through lap 31, I took advantage of his cold tires by being alot more agressive than he was and manage to bring up the gap to 1'09.156 by the end of the lap. On lap32, I made a slight mistake while entering too fast into EISKURVE and got me to hit the wall on the outside costing me 4 seconds... The gap by the end of this lap is still over one minute by 10.417 seconds.
Defenetly, this race is way easier than expected... Still took me 4 hours to get to a one minute lead. Still need to pull out some good driving in order to be sure of winning this one. Good concentration should make it :sly:

Hour 5

On Lap 33 I made a slight mistake that cost me 2 seconds as I touched the grass on the on the outside with getting into METZGESFELD. The gap by the end of this lap got down to 1'06.253 as I pulled an ugly time of 7'22.336 :yuck:
On lap 34 I made an even bigger mistake at the SAME PLACE with an even more violent result... Again, I touched the grass on the outside of METZGESFELD but ran straight into the wall while being unable to catch up and pull out an even uglier lap of 7'25.702 as the gap went down again to 1'02.992... Definetly, this hour was starting badly. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:
On lap 35, I lap the MR-S for the 2nd time in KESSELCHEN and then pitted in 1'05.470 ahead of the Audi A4. When I was pitting in, the MR-S passed by me. I then Pitted out 42.932 seconds ahead of him.
On lap 36, I confirmed my 2nd lap over the MR-S this time at MUTKURVE and the A4 pitted in 44.737 behind to pit out 1'16.380 behind.
I pulled two good laps of 7'19.459 and 7'18.932 on lap 37-38 to bring up the gap up to 1'31.054 between me and the Audi A4.
On lap 39, I lapped the Arta Garaiya at METZGESFELD while pulling out a nice manoeuver in the inside and then pulled out a new lap record of 7'17.483 which allowed me to increasing the gap with the A4 at 1'36.886.
Lap 40 was my pitting lap but I managed even with fairly worned tires to lap the SILVIA for the third time without him to repassed me while I went into the pit 1'37.889 in front of the A4. I then pitted out 1'14.818 ahead of the A4 touring car.

Hour 6

On lap 41, I made several mistakes that cost me over 6 seconds while being too agressive on my cold tires... in overall the gap had dropped down to 1'06.391
On lap 42 I lapped the WEDSSPORT CELICA for the 2nd time on the outside of BRUNNCHEN after being stucked behind him from the KARUSSELL. The A4 then pitted in 1'23.400 behind me to pit out 1'45.035 behind.
On lap 43, I realised a was good to increase the gap between me and the Audi since three cars were between us such as : the SILVIA, the ARTA Garaiya and the MR-S (The farest to the closest from me). I brought the gap up to 1'55.564 during this lap with a time of 7'18.439.
The A4 lapped was on the tail of the SILVIA from HOCHEICHEN to finally lap him on the entrance of AREMBERGKURVE. I then made a mistake at HEDWIGSHOHE while went over the outside curb wich caused me to spin out and then RRRAAAMMM into the inside wall :ouch: This mistake costed me around 5 sec. The A4 then lapped the Garaiya while this one was pitting in and the was of 1'51.732 by the end of lap 44.
On lap 45 I pitted in 1'48.817 in front of the A4 to pit out 1'25.224 in front while he Lapped the CELICA in the main straight.
By Lap 47, the was of 1'22.013 as I've lost some time while make several mistakes due to miss-concentration.
It seems that Ive recorvered my concentration on lap 48 while the Audi pitted in 1'33.359 behind me and pitted out 2'06.049 behind as I pulled a blastering new lap record of 7'15.250.
I'm in good shape right now... Made a couple of mistakes but seemed to take back that momentum I had. Again, good concentration should give me easy victory :sly:

Hour 7

I've realised that since the track is very long there's not much action through a lap so I'll stop describing lap per lap and I'll also fix myself an objectif for the win since the victory is now more than obvious.
The gap had remain over 2 minutes for the whole hour and I've lapped the MR-S (3rd time) at KLOSTERTAL on lap 52. And on Lap 53 I lapped the SILVIA (4th time) on the exit of KARUSSELL and the Audi, by now, has just lapped the MR-S so far. The gap at the end of Lap 56 is now of 2'12.003.

Based on mathematical expectation, I should win with one Lap and 1 minutes of gap between me and he AUDI. That means that when I cross the line, the AUDI A4 Touring Car should be somewhere between SPRUNGHUGEL and SCHWALBENZSCHWANZ.
So my objective, to force me to improve my driving, will be of one lap and 2minutes. So while I cross the line the AUDI should be somewhere around HEDWIGSHOHE. :cool:
Now, it's going to be harder since I've only gain 6 sec through the hour 7. :nervous:

Hour 8

The 8th hour went fairly good in overall exept for one disastrous lap which I'll write about later on... Lap 57 was the lap where the A4 finally managed to lap the SILVIA through the straight after have being slowed down by him since ESCHBACH while I gained some precious seconds over the Audi. After that, on lap 59 I lapped the ARTA Garaiya at AREMBERGKURVE for the 3rd time. Then, on my pitting lap, lap 60, I lapped the WEDSSPORT CELICA in the KARUSSELL for the 3rd time also but he passed by while I was pitting in 2'32.624 before the Audi since he was also going to pit in this lap. The A4 pitted out 2'41.824 behind me while I was confirming my 3rd lap over the CELICA with a nice maneuver in the inside at 3-FACH RECHTS on lap 61.
It was on Lap 63 that I've commited a huge mistake around METZGESFELD again :banghead: as I touched the grass on the outside that caused me to spin out and slam into the wall through the inside of the next curve :ouch:
That mistake costed me roughly 6 seconds and caused me to pull out my worst lap of 7'28.176. It wasn't that bad since I've managed to pull out two laps under 7'16.000 and the gap is now of a comfortable 2'48.723.
This hour has been much better then the 7th one since I've increased my lead of more than 30 seconds.

Hour 9

Again, in overall, the 9th hour went good. I only made 1 mistake that cost me 5 sec...Again, at METZGESFELD :banghead: I've even set a new lap record of 7'14.666... I know it's not a perfect time since I've make a few very little mistake in that lap... 1 Little mistake on a lap of 1'30.000 is nothing... But, proportionnally this give 5 little mistakes for almost 1 second lol.
On lap 66, I lapped the SILVIA for the 5th time at EXMUHLE. I then Lapped the MR-S on lap 67 while he was pitting as reached. At the end of the 9th hour and the lap 72, the gap between me and the Audi A4 is 3'29.351.
All in all, I've increased the gap of more than 40 seconds during this hour... Looks good for the objective :sly:

Hour 10

During the tenth hour, I've pulled out a few good laps under 7'15.000 but had one disastrous lap in that session.

On lap 76, I lapped the ARTA Garaiya at the exit of BRUNNCHEN for the 4th time.
Lap 79, was a bit of a hot lap. During this lap, I lapped the both the SILVIA while he was pitting for the 6th time and the CELICA for the 4th using sliptream to pass him on the straight and to set a new lap record of 7'14.403. But, on lap 80 I made a MAJOR mistake entering ADENAUER FORST as climb onto the outside curb before braking thus causing me to spin out and hit the inside wall at a speed of more than 240 km/h :ouch: This mistake costed of 12 seconds and the lap over the Celica. I managed to temporarely relap the CELICA at WEHRSEIFEN but he passed again in front of as I were on my pitting lap.

The gap between me and then AUDI A4 and me is now of 4'10.368.
The objective seem to be easy to get... I might reconsider it at the end of hour 12.
I'm having really good driving actually, sometimes I make some mistakes because I try to push it too hard... If it was a real race, my car would have been wrecked 3 times ! lol... Also, if it was a real race, I wouldn't be pushing that hard on some parts of the track... But anyway... It's still a game :P

Hour 11

Hour 11 has been out of action honnestly exept when I finally confirmed my 4th lap over the WEDSSPORT CELICA by the inside at MUTKURVE after being stucked behind from WEHRSEIFEN. It's incredible to see such non-human line-keeping from someone who "by the rules" should let you pass lol. I also easily lapped the MR-S by the inside of METZGESFELD for the 5th time.
On lap 88, I set a new Lap Record of 7'14.038 wich is still not a "perfect" lap since some slight mistake have been done. I'm talking mistakes of the type "late braking" or "a little wide" nothing like excursion or stuff like that... This is still, imho, a very good lap.
The gap between me and the A4 is now of 4'25.418. Which is an increment of 15 seconds only because we had only 1 pit stop each during that hour.
I'm continuing to have a good race, but there always place for improvement :sly:

Hour 12

Hour 12 has been a fairly good driving hour, but a little bit boring since there was no real action. On lap 91, I lapped the SILVIA for the 7th time has was pitting in. I then lapped the ARTA Garaiya for the 5th time by the inside at BREDSCHEID but he passed by while I was pitting later on the lap 95. I confirmed my lap over the ARTA on lap 96 at BRUNNCHEN. The gap continue to increase between me and the A4 and is now of 4'58.362.

NEW RACE OBJECTIVE

Midrace has arrived and I'm now wondering what will be the race objective...
At the end of Hour 7, I said that, based on mathematical expectation, I should win by one lap and 2 minutes over the AUDI A4... Now that mid-race has come... Mathematical expectation says, without proportional increament from hour to hour, that I should win by 10minutes. That would be around 1 lap and 3 1/2 minutes. Now, based on mathematical expectation WITH the proportionnal increament from hour to hour ; that means the difference between what has been predited on hour 7 (calculated through hour 6) and what is predicted at hour 12 will be added to the prediction. Thus, 1 1/2 every 6 hours. Now, all that calculated, this would mean that I should win by 1 lap and 6 1/2 minutes wich is almost 2 laps since 1 lap is about 7'15.000 (based on my average w/o pitting laps)... I would be missing 45 seconds to get to 2 laps... So, for the challenge, the NEW RACE OBJECTIVE is to win with 2 LAPS over the AUDI A4.

Hour 13

Hour 13 went VERY good exept for the first lap where I was finishing the lap 97 started during the end of hour 12 and where I made at least 3 major mistakes and lead to a New Worst Lap Record of 7'32.007 !!!! :yuck:

After that, was the time to work hard in order to get the job done (objective). I've put out of 5 laps (7laps -2 laps for pitting laps) ; 2 laps under 7'15, 2 lap under 7'15.500 and 1 slow lap of 7'17.838.
During those, I lapped the both the MR-S (6th time) and the WEDSSPORT CELICA (5th time) during Lap 98. The first one occured at KESSELCHEN by the outside and the 2nd one at MUTKURVE by the inside. I also lapped the SILVIA during lap 104 by the inside of SCHWALBENSCHWANZ.

Throughout this outstanding hour, I've managed to increase the gap with the Audi A4 by 44.017 seconds thus making it at 5'43.675 :sly:
I also brought the Average lap down to approx 7'25.000 wich means 1 second of net gain per lap :sly:

Hour 14

Hour 14 was far away from being as good as Hour 13 but still wasn't disastrous... Most of my laps were between 1'18.000 and 7'20.000 exept for one lap where a recorded a nice 7'14.808.
There's hasn't been much action throughout this hour, the only car I've lapped has been the ARTA Garaiya at KARUSSELL after he push me out of the track the previous corner know as KLOSTERTAL... I was aiming at a lap record at that time being in front of my best lap by more than 0.500 sec and that A** just blew it :mad:
The gap between me and the AUDI is now of 5'58.310 which means that I've increased the gap by only 13.2 seconds. But he still howes me a pit stop :P
Before my pitstop, the gap was of 6'24.733... Meh, I'm still doing good. :sly:

Hour 15

Hour 15 when really good ; I've put up good laps, none over 1'18.000, and one new lap record. At lap 114 I lapped the MR-S for the 7th time at EISKURVE. Then I lapped the SILVIA for the 9th time through lap 117 at BREIDSCHEID by the outside. After that, at lap 118, I lapped the CELICA for the 6th time at KESSELCHEN by the outside again. From then on, the CHASE HAS BEGUN to catch the AUDI A4 Touring Car who was then 6'45 behind me. Meaning he was around 35 seconds ahead. While chasing him, on lap 118, I recorded a blastering New Lap Record of 7'13.387 ! :sly:
Now, at beginning of lap 122 the gap is now of 7'16.775 and he's approximatly 7 seconds ahead of me. I bet I'll catch him up during this lap since he's on cold tires right now and mine are perfect since I pitted in 2 laps ago.

I'm not sure I'll be able to catch another lap during the remaining 9 hours... :scared:
Unless I continue gaining over 1 minutes per hour like I just did during this hour. 💡
I promise I'll try my best though, don't feel like cruising around the track 👍

Hour 16

Hour 16 was the "do or die" hour since we were on lap 122 and I had to lap the Audi A4. But more than that, I needed after that to pull a gap of more than 23 seconds in 3 laps to be able to pit in and out in front of him. So here's how it went.

At begining of lap 122 I was around 7-10 seconds behind the Audi A4 and, with good driving, at the KARUSSELL I was right on his tail waiting for an opportunity to lap him. Finally, through the EISKURVE he went a little wide and I took the inside leaving him ashamed but it wasn't over yet. At the ends of the lap and the 2nd last turn right known as HOHENRAIN SCHIKANE he attacked me by the inside using all the speed he had brought from the straight wich was way higher than mine but I managed to close the door and force him to brake.
That wasn't it, I needed to pull out that 23 seconds gap between us in order to be able to pit out ahead of him at the end of lap 25. I've pulled 2 very good laps of 7'13.958 and 7'13.487 (1 tenth over lap record !!!! :crazy: ) and the lap 125 was going to be a lap record I belive since I was around half a second faster at begining of straight put I had to pit in... As I was fuelling up (I fuel up to 55 units) 48-49-50... I heared him coming ... 51-52-53-54-55 GO !
While I was getting out, I heared he was there... I took the corner... And he was RIGHT BEHIND ME at like 0.001 seconds. Could I hold on on cold tires ?
I held on up to METZGESTFELD where I went a little wide due to my cold tires causing me to slide a little and he cutted in the inside to pass me. But I held on and outbraked him right on the Next Corner and passed him. I ended up the lap 126 about 2 seconds in front of him as we both lapped the ARTA Garaiya (7th time) while he was pitting and then I started to pull away from him as he was getting on worn tires and it was his pitting lap.
Now the gap, at the end of the lap 129, is approximatly of 1 Lap and 30 seconds :sly:

I also Lapped the SILVIA (10th time) in EISKURVE by the inside on lap 128. Then on lap 129, I lapped the MR-S (8th time) at METZGESFELD by the inside again.

I'm more optimistic with the objective now... But nothing's done yet... All the fallowing hours have to be as good as this one... Wich is not a small thing.
My slowest lap during this hour, excluding the pitting laps, was a time of 7'18.717 :)

Hour 17

Hour 17 started badly as made a mistake due to a lack of concentration on lap 132 and forgot to brake while exiting FUCHSROHRE and approching ADENAUER FORST... I still managed to not get stopped by the walls and got back on the track with a lost of 5 seconds... Not too bad :ouch:

On lap 134, I lapped the CELICA (7th time) at METZGESFELD by the inside as usual :P
Out of that, there wasn't many action... No lap taken over cars, no mistake... Only good driving and gap increasing of almost 1 minute... Without my mistake at the very beginning of the hour, I would have a gap of 1 lap and 1'31... But not the gap is 1 lap and 1'16 over the Audi A4... Still pretty good, if I continue this way, MASTEROFNONE will howe me a BIG :bowdown: LOL

But I'll stop bragging right now since I don't want to call up for "bad fate". :scared:

Hour 18

Hour 18 went pretty good but has been out of action honnestly. I lapped the C-WEST SILVIA (11th time) by the inside at HOCHEICHEN on lap 140. Then on lap 142, I lapped the ARTA Garaiya (8th time) by the inside while entering the chicane exiting FUCHSROHRE know as ADENAUER FORST. Then, on lap 143, I lapped the MR-S (9th time) using slipstream in the long straight thus helping me with pull out a new outstanding lap record of 7'11.344.

The gap between me and the Audi A4 is now of 1 Lap and 2'17 minutes :D

Hour 19

Again, it was a boring hour... The hour started at lap 146 and I had to wait until lap 152 before having to lap someone... The victim :P was the WEDSSPORT CELICA (8th time) wich seemed to be pretty compared to the usual... So I looked out if it was his pitting lap, and it wasn't... Might be possible that his chassis begins to be tired. Anyway, I lapped him by the inside at KLOSTERTAL. Then, during the same lap, I lapped the SILVIA (12th time) at the beginning of the straight just at the exit of GALGENKOPF.

I had a good, steady hour and increased the gap up by 54 seconds wich means the gap is now of 1 lap and 3'11 minutes.

I'm starting to believe, more and more, that the objective is going to be met as I gain almost 1 minute per hour... Now remains 5 hours to gain approximatly 4'05 minutes. This means that, from now on, I need to increase the gap by 49 seconds or more every hour.
Not easy... But with pain comes glory :sly:

Hour 20

Hour 20 has been honnestly long and boring lol... There has been some action only on lap 159 where I lapped both the MR-S (10th time) and the Garaiya (9th time) back-to-back. The first one occured by the inside at WEHRSEIFEN and the second victim got lapped at KLOSTERTAL where I outbraked him. I haven't increased the gap with the Audi that much during this hour (17s) which is pretty normal since I've hap 2 pit stops and he (A4) had only 1.
I've had good driving anyway, let's just keep it up :sly:

Hour 21

Hour 21 went very good in overall exept for my pitting out lap where I've made 3 mistakes thus costing me approx 10 sec. On lap 164, I lap the C-WEST SILVIA (13th time) thought EISKURVE just as the CELICA (9th time) on lap 169. Throughout this, I've managed to pull the gap between me and the AUDI up by 1'02 minute. :sly:

My worst lap (exclusiding pitting laps) during this hour has been of 7'16.563.

There's now three hours remaining to close a gap of 2'45 minutes to achive the objective (winning by 2 laps over the A4)

Hour 22

I think I blew my chance to get to the objective... I've made HUGE mistakes during this hour and haven't had only one lap under 7'15.000.

On lap 174, I lapped the MR-S (11th time) at EXMUHLE by the inside.
On lap 176, I touched the grass exiting MUTKURVE causing me to spin out and ram the walls before getting stopped by them and having to go on reverse to go back on the track.... This, costed me 10-15 seconds :ouch:
Then, on lap 177, I lapped the SILVIA (14th time) while out Accelerating him on the exit of BREIDSCHEID
Now the gap between me and the AUDI is now of 5'15 leaving with a HUGE 2 minutes to close in 2 hours :scared:

Hour 23

Hour 23 went very good, no mistakes and good laps were done. On lap 178 I lapped the ARTA Garaiya (10th time) by the inside at HOCHEICHEN. The started the chase for the AUDI A4. At that moment he was 1 lap and 5'15 minutes behind wich means he was about 2 minutes ahead of me. I've pulled out some very good laps and now the gap is 1 lap and 5'55 with him howing me a pit stop.
So that means he's about 1'20 in front of me but after he'll have pitted the gap will be around 1'00 or '50 sec... Will I be able to close the gap and pass him before the end of the race ??? :nervous:

Hour 24

The last hour went Incredibly well. I've made 0 mistake throughout the whole hour !!! :sly:
On lap 188 I lapped the CELICA (10th time) by the inside entering ADENAUER FORST.
Lap 189 has been the action starting lap... Exiting HOCHEICHEN, I lapped the MR-S (12th time) then the SILVIA (15th time) by the outside at EXMUHLE. That's when the chase started toward the AUDI. At that moment I was approximatly 25sec behind him (1lap 6'50 minutes ahead). On lap 195, I pitted in about 15seconds behind him to pit out 40 seconds behind with 30minutes remaining :nervous:
On lap 193, I lapped the ARTA Garaiya while he was in pit. At the beginning of lap 194 I was behind the A4 by around 15 seconds and he was on worn tires... I pulled out a nice lap of 7'12.570 and LAPPED HIM while he went into pits while he was approximatly 3seconds ahead... Would've lapped him anyway :sly:
Lap 195 has been my cruising lap to the victory and the satisfaction of the job done :sly:

Reward : 1 200 000 Cr / 200 A-SPEC pts / RED Formula GT

BEST LAP : ----- 7'11.344 (lap 143) 👍 👍 -2.043s 👍 👍
WORST LAP(w/o pitting laps) : ----- 7'32.007 (Lap 97)
***AVERAGE LAP (inc. pitting laps): ----- 7'25.028 ***
MY PITSTOPS : 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 / 95 / 100 / 105 / 110 / 115 / 120 / 125 / 130 / 135 / 140 / 145 / 150 / 155 / 160 / 165 / 170 / 175 / 180 / 185 / 190 /
AUDI A4 PITSTOPS : 6 / 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 / 36 / 42 / 48 / 54 / 60 / 66 / 72 / 78 / 85 / 91 / 97 / 103 / 109 / 114 / 120 / 126 / 132 / 138 / 144 / 150 / 156 / 162 / 168 / 174 / 180 / 184 / 190 /

***All pitting in laps have a time of approx. 7'38 and pitting out laps have a time of approx. 7'23. ***

RACE RESULTS:

Amuse S2000 R1 '04 --------------------------- 24:05'07.672 - 195 laps completed
Audi A4 Touring Car '04 ------------------------ 24:05'16.982 👍 2 LAPS 👍 - 193 laps completed
Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA (JGTC) '03 ------- +10 lap - 183 laps completed
ASL ARTA Garaiya (JGTC) '03 ------------------ +10 lap - 183 laps completed
Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00 ------- +11 lap - 182 laps completed
Nissan C-WEST RAZO SILVIA (JGTC) '01 ------- + 15 laps - 178 laps completed

ACHIEVED
RACE OBJECTIVE : To win with 2 LAPS over the AUDI A4 Touring Car '04
I hope you enjoy my report :sly:

Wow! Keep at it! Love to see someone try at these events, I have yet to re-do this race for 200 points, but it's on the agenda, if I can find some time to actually spend at home! :(
I'm supposed to be in Seattle again next week. :grumpy:

Sorry for my bad english, I'm doing my best

Seriously Snyp I wouldn't worry about your English ability, you've already put many native speakers to shame with the text you've posted already. :)

Where are you based & what is your "home" language?

Seriously Snyp I wouldn't worry about your English ability, you've already put many native speakers to shame with the text you've posted already. :)

Thanks alot, good to know that ! :D

Where are you based & what is your "home" language?

I'm from Laval, Quebec, Canada (Island up north of Montreal) and I speak french. VIVE LE QUEBEC LIBRE (Hurray for Free Quebec) :P

Hi !

I made some changes on the report so it is more enjoyable for you to read it.

Take a look on hour 7 and Stats too.
Hope you'll enjoy :sly:

Hi, Mid-race has arrived and NEW RACE OBJECTIVE has been set... Take a look at hour 12.

Hope you enjoy.

P.S. Yes, it's kind of a bump... But if I write something, isn't for it to be read ? :)

Thank you
That car is seriously AWESOME for a 279 hp... The handling is just GREAT for a car that has no wing (and can't have one).

You, sir, are kicking some ass right now 👍 :D

But the question is, can you make up twice as much time in the second 12 hours as you did in the first 12 hours, with a car that'll presumably start going to 🤬 at some point therein?

If you can, :bowdown:; otherwise, 👍 anyways

You, sir, are kicking some ass right now 👍 :D

But the question is, can you make up twice as much time in the second 12 hours as you did in the first 12 hours, with a car that'll presumably start going to 🤬 at some point therein?

Don't forget that the A4 is going to have a Chassis problem too... But he's a racing car with a roll cage... Not me... :scared:

Damn, forgot to think about this... But as the race goes on, my driving gets better, I get to know almost all the small bumps on the 'Ring...
For now, exept for pitting and pitting out laps, wich are 2 of 5 laps so 40%...
I lap in 7'15-7'16... but I do 1 big mistake per hour... big mistake = more than 5 seconds lost because a 1 second mistake can be taken over on the 'Ring.

So I definitly need to stop doing mistakes... Pressure, pressure :scared:

Finally, that's the point where this race is getting challenging :D

If you can, :bowdown:; otherwise, 👍 anyways

Don't forget to give me my :bowdown: when I'm done :P
If I meet my race objective :nervous:

Race over...
Race objective met :sly:

Thanks to those who read me daily,
Plz post comments, it was my first report.

Pics to come... Can someone tell me the BBcode for thumbnails plz ?

Well done. I've done it for 200 a-spec in the s2000 race car with no mods , had to have 4000 km on the clock to get 200 a-spec. Wrote notes for lodging the report, ... now where did i leave them?

Pics to come... Can someone tell me the BBcode for thumbnails plz ?

If you use www.imageshack.us, you can upload your pics and simply cut and paste the link for the 'Thumbnails for Forums' into your post. On the upload page, you can select the option 'remove size/resolution bar from thumbnail?' which makes the thumbnails look alot nicer in your post. (Look at some user galleries in the GT4 Photomode and see how it's done... if you 'QUOTE' someone's post, you will see what the code looks like for yourself...)

Well done on a great race report and a great achievement in general. I'll be honest and say I haven't read the whole thing yet, but the overall lay out, presentation and content is absolutely great 👍

I agree with Smallhorses, well written, well laid out, enjoyable read.

I especially enjoy the way your enthusiasm for this clearly comes across in the report.

+rep👍

I would +Rep ya Snyp, but I have to spread it first. :banghead: Great report. I wasn't expecting someone to try and beat a A4 in a 300HP JGTC car. :bowdown:

Congratulations on the win very nice report It was fun to read it :) 👍

Post some photos of you're price F1 :D

:) :) :) :) belive me man NO ONE read your report,its as the 24 hours tracks

I think no one have time to read all report

but you have a good job:tup: 👍

Back