• 403 comments
Canada
Quebec
KurtKrDu
FOR THE 2013 EVENT THAT WILL TAKE PLACE ON FEBRUARY 23RD, PLEASE GO TO wurks.ca
TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR 4HR VLN STYLE EVENTS, PLEASE SEE THE FORUM THREAD

wurks_nurburgring_24_online_race_logo.jpg

Overview:

The Nurburgring 24hr Online Race by wurks.ca is a virtual GranTurismo5 race meant to celebrate the real 24hours of Nurburgring. 15 teams, comprising 3 to 4 (or more) members per team will battle it out during an awesome 24 hours of realtime online endurance racing in GT5. Not for the casual GT fan, race conditions will be as close to the real thing as possible: Tire wear, fuel consumption, damage and weather will put the drivers to the test. Teams will need to manage their strategy, pace, communications, sleep, nourishment and more. Each team will be reunited in one household on one PSN account.

ring_bello.jpg

When:

The race will be held on the 25-26th of February 2012. Don’t be fooled by the seemingly long preparation time between now and the race. There is a lot to do in terms of driver training, organisation and testing.

How:

For registration and a greater amount of detail, download the Rules and Regulations here.

Have a read, it might help you prepeare for the event:Nurburgring 24hr Online Survival Guide

Practice Sessions:

Periodically, wurks.ca will organize practice sessions in order to test setups and look into what other teams are running and get used to racing with competitive traffic around the ring. Weather conditions for every practice session will be as per real weather status and preditions.

eurp_0802_09_z_nurburgring_nordeschleife_crash.jpg

Tell me more:

Team Sizes:

Minimum team size: 2 drivers + 1 computer + 1 PS3 with GT5
Recommended team size: 3 drivers + 1 race manager + 1 computer + 1 PS3 with GT5
Maximum number of drivers: 3
Auxiliary team members: Unlimited

Registration Process:

Before registration, the following steps are required:
• Form a team
• Choose a location and setup the PS3
• Setup computer to view the www.livestream.com website and watch a stream during the following test.
• In the PS3 menu, go to Settings – Network Settings – Test Internet Connection. Run the test and note the NAT type, Upload Speed and Download Speed.
• Note PSN(playstation network) account to be used.
• Create a Facebook Fanpage using your team name and select your team members as admins to the page. (you don’t have to create an account for the fanpage, but each member of the team needs to have a facebook account)
• Choose a vehicle to race.

To register, send the following info (from procedure above) to info@shifted.wurks.ca
• Facebook Team Name
• Facebook team members names
• PSN Name
• NAT Type
• Upload Speed
• Download Speed
• Vehicle Designation in GT5

Vehicle Preparation:

• Vehicle entries must be based on a production car. Open wheeled vehicles are NOT allowed. Race cars are allowed as long as they are recognizable vehicle models.
The car chosen has to have a minimum of 500 road going version units produced in order to comply to the regulations. This discards the R390 (only two road cars were built).

• All modifications are allowed, provided they do not conflict with the Weight minimum of 1100kg and HP maximum of 305hp. Choice of tires is open during the event.

Race Schedule:

Saturday 25th February 2012

8:30AM* – Drivers in Room, Managers in livestream chat
9:00AM – Driver’s Meeting in livestream
9:30AM – Qualifying
10:00AM – Race Start

Sunday 26th February 2012

10:00AM – Clock Countdown End
10:10AM – All Cars Through
10:30AM – Ceremony
11:00AM – Close of Event

*All times EST (eastern standard time)

Prizes:

• A prize plaque and Lifetime Premium Memberships to GT Planet will be awarded to the winning team. (maximum of 4 memberships)
• A prize plaque will be awarded to the 2nd place team.
• A prize plaque will be awarded to the 3rd place team.
• An event T-Shirt will be awarded to the driver with the fastest lap.

2009_nurburgring_24_hour_podium.jpg

Feel free to use this thread to ask questions, submit ideas, etc. Let’s make some noise.:)

You can also follow us on facebook

Countdown timer to the event

The Organizing Committee
Wurks.ca
info@shifted.wurks.ca

FAQ COMING SOON!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your patience!!

UPDATE: ver 2.1 of the rules: includes a link to the weather forcast site to be used.
UPDATE: ver 2.2 of the rules: Simplified internet connection testing, Added prize, changed race hours to be 4pm at the Nurburgring when the race starts.
UPDATE: Added Countdown timer just above ;)
UPDATE: Release of the Nurburgring 24hr Online Race SURVIVAL GUIDE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wurks.ca presents you the participating teams:

#1 Shifted Racing Online
Olivier Allemand - Manager
Kurtis Duddy - Driver
Pier-Luc Cyr - Driver
Samuel Lebeau - Driver
Car: Nissan SKYLINE GT-R R32 TC

#2 R2N Motorsports
Shahril Nd
Kei Tanaka
M Ezzri Rezza
Car: Audi R8 LMS Race Car

#3 Mint-Racing-Team
Ignacio Muniz - Manager
Edward Gomez - Driver
Anthony Gomez - Driver
Harold Johnson - Driver
Car: RX8 Concept LM Race Car

#4 Force GT Team
GTP_Chia - Manager/Driver
LKWTrailer - Driver

#5 DGS Motorsports
Derek McCormick
Geoff Hutton
Schuyler Vonk
Car: RX-7 LM Race Car

#6 Ring Bandits
Aaron Liddell – Driver
Stewart Donald – Driver
Ryan Mumford - Driver
Car: Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA (SUPER GT) ’08

#7 The Green Hell Heathens
Andrew King
Luke Mazelis

#8 Team FBI
Geoff Mathis
Tim Quinn

#9 Team Enduro
Johnathan Sum - Manager
Keith Wong - Driver
Jeff Li - Driver
Kayso Wong - Driver

#10 Carolina BMW Motorsports
Christian Rodriguez
Alex Stewart
Ramon Nieves
Cristopher Cuebas
Car: BMW M3 GTR Race Car

#11 GannonRacing.com
Daniel Gannon
Tom Wragg
Car: Amemiya Asparadrink Rx-7 ´06

#12 Team Australia
Grant Boyden
Brendan Smith
Kieran Smith
Jason Ford
Colin Marshall
Hamish Carrington
Jamie Valente
Car: RUF RGT 00

#13 Nitro Militia Motorsports
Scott Brooks
Justin Scott
Adam Dagostino
Bryan Oates

#14 Team RE
Claudio Martinez
Telmo Costa
Joaquim Vale
Car: Amemiya Asparadrink Rx-7 ´06

#15 FFD RACING TEAM
Patrick Tourigny
Samuel Garneau
Kevin Ruel

Last edited:
I am very interested in this. If I can scratch together a good team, I'll participate. Nice plan!

I am very interested in this. If I can scratch together a good team, I'll participate. Nice plan!

We aim to please ;)

I would like to stress the point of having a team that drives fair and respectfully. Keep in mind that we want people with passion and drive clean rather than people how are 'fast'. (but fast always helps ;) )

I will drive for my team. I'm not bad, the second driver is ok and the third driver needs to be trained up on GT5. lol. The point being: In it for the fun and journey rather than the win. 👍

Hope I've explained this well....:sly:

I had this idea and posted it here yesterday :sly:

Your post is a better one though but to be fair mine was an interest gauge and further details were to follow if the interest was there... sadly not one person has posted :ouch:

I am absolutely interested but would like to get my own up and running if possible, we will see how it goes.

24hr online enduro is definately the way to go though, it has to be done!

We aim to please ;)

I would like to stress the point of having a team that drives fair and respectfully. Keep in mind that we want people with passion and drive clean rather than people how are 'fast'. (but fast always helps ;) )

I will drive for my team. I'm not bad, the second driver is ok and the third driver needs to be trained up on GT5. lol. The point being: In it for the fun and journey rather than the win. 👍

Hope I've explained this well....:sly:

I could not agree more with everything that you just said. I have 2 possible drivers in mind for this and were pretty much in the same boat that you described. The hard part will be choosing a car that fits everyone's driving style.

Last edited:
ChaosStar79
I could not agree more with everything that you just said. I have 2 possible drivers in mind for this and were pretty much in the same boat that you described. One of them is pretty equal skill level to me and one is just learning to drive without aids, so by the time the race rolls around it might work out well for our team (if it happens). :) The hard part will be choosing a car that fits everyone's driving style.

X2011's?

JOKE!!!!!!

Geez imagine driving that thing for 24 hours...

Ferrari road cars would be awesome! A California with the top down in the rain :lol:

X2011's?

JOKE!!!!!!

Ferrari road cars would be awesome! A California with the top down in the rain :lol:

:yuck: yarrrgh I hate that x1 'car.'
I'd sooner use my 111+ mph go kart 👍👍 but 24 hrs of listening to a lawnmower exhaust note might cost someone their life. :lol:

Yeah idk what car well use. I'm gonna have to do a lot of tire wear research before this one for sure. Also gonna have to train one driver how to drive in the rain without TCS for sure....

X2011's?

JOKE!!!!!!

:dopey: We chose a class that could accomodate most people. It ressembles the SPT3 class in the reallife rules and regs: 305hp max, 1100kg min. Also found in our rules and regs ;)

:dopey: We chose a class that could accomodate most people.
It ressembles the SPT3 class in the reallife rules and regs: Jay Leno Tank Car ;)

Brilliant! Count me in! :lol:

I've got one driver for sure so far. Hopefully at least one more will join so I can commit to this for sure. :) I might have an answer to that tonight even.

I've got one driver for sure so far. Hopefully at least one more will join so I can commit to this for sure. :) I might have an answer to that tonight even.

Very nice Chaos!!

Enduro fans, please keep in mind there are only 15 total spots available so it's first come first serve for the first year of the event. Before this thread, we already had 4 teams forming. So it would be good to start getting the registration setup. Furthermore, the Beta race on the 19th would be an excellent time to gather data for the race.

I know there are a few things (info on internet speed and team members,etc) to send to us for the registration. Please don't wait to have all elements before sending an email. As the info comes in I can know your team setup progress. And we can possibly assist in getting the proper info.

Excuse me, I'm a bit short on computer/gaming knowledge. Will the members of each team have to be physically in the same place, or will they be linked over the internet?

Cheers, Z.

Excuse me, I'm a bit short on computer/gaming knowledge. Will the members of each team have to be physically in the same place, or will they be linked over the internet?

Cheers, Z.

No problem Zolon32. This thread would be pointless if you didn't ask questions:)

Each team will be reunited in one household on one PSN account.

So yes. All team members of one team have to be in the same household. This allows for one continuous race as the driver changes don't have to be at the start of another race every 2-3 hours (that would kill the event wouldn't it?). The manager onsite allows for him to coordinate everything else so that the drivers can be better rested. Hope that answers it.

Ok, so I'm still only at 2 drivers with a maybe from my 3rd, but we'll see if I can rope him in soon. Is information like car choice and approximate lap time and tire selection being shared or available pre-race? I'm just trying to figure out what kind of competition we might be up against. :)

Ok, so I'm still only at 2 drivers with a maybe from my 3rd, but we'll see if I can rope him in soon. Is information like car choice and approximate lap time and tire selection being shared or available pre-race? I'm just trying to figure out what kind of competition we might be up against. :)

There will be practice sessions leading up to the event. These sessions will be the chance to 'spy' on other competitors. If I have enough 'crew' as for organisation, I might have the livestream working for the practice sessions. This means that your manager will be able to watch other competitors lap times and splits.

Other than that, there is no plan so far to have a list of everyones lap times and other info. I consider that a breach of privacy for the teams that are working hard to come out on top.

There will be practice sessions leading up to the event. These sessions will be the chance to 'spy' on other competitors. If I have enough 'crew' as for organisation, I might have the livestream working for the practice sessions. This means that your manager will be able to watch other competitors lap times and splits.

Other than that, there is no plan so far to have a list of everyones lap times and other info. I consider that a breach of privacy for the teams that are working hard to come out on top.

Ok. Sounds good. I just wasn't sure as to the plan. Everything looks like I am going to have a full panel of drivers so far, but I'll update as soon as I have an absolute answer from the other two drivers. Their answers are all that I'm waiting on to commit to this event.

Was thinking about the hour of the event, and it seems it would be more resonable to hold the event at it's traditional 4pm start time, but on German time. In the rules it says 4pm EST, but it would be better for everyones schedule if it was 10am EST. This means that people like Heathenpride would finish earlier in NZ instead of 4am on Monday morning. What do you guys think of this?

I am really interested in this!!!!!! It's really good because my room has a bunkbed so I can easily accommodate 3 people. Please put me down as a maybe on the list because I have 2 really good friends who have gt5 and are really good drivers. I'm only in High School so I still live with my parents so I would have to let them decide if I'm allowed. This seems really cool!

I am really interested in this!!!!!! It's really good because my room has a bunkbed so I can easily accommodate 3 people. Please put me down as a maybe on the list because I have 2 really good friends who have gt5 and are really good drivers. I'm only in High School so I still live with my parents so I would have to let them decide if I'm allowed. This seems really cool!

Yet another hardcore racer! Glad you like the event. In the first post you'll find a link to the Rules and Regulations, to register follow the enclosed details. Feel free to ask questions either directly here or by email. Let us know how it goes as for the team setup!

For those who want to participate in the Beta on Saturday the 19th of this month, send me an email (see first post). We'll try and get started for 1pm. Once you've sent me an email, I can then reply back with the room number and other details. See you there!

Don't forget the Beta race tomorrow at 1pm! Send me an email to participate so I can know who I allow and who I kick out. Thanks!!
Duration of race will be determined on the spot. 2 or 3 or 4 hrs.

Hey KurtKrDu, good idea and i'm realy interested , i just need to find some racers around here and invite them to my house. 2 ps3 + 2 GT5 + 2 G27 all set-up and ready . :)

Hey KurtKrDu, good idea and i'm realy interested , i just need to find some racers around here and invite them to my house. 2 ps3 + 2 GT5 + 2 G27 all set-up and ready . :)

Turns out all you need is 1 PS3, 1GT5 and 1 G27. You can look at the watchrace by dealing with livestream.com as seen in the rules. Hope you can form a team!! it would be great.

Beta race today at 1pm EST. We'll try and get the race started at 1pm, so if you can pop in the race room early, it would be best. I'll post the room# some time after 12pm. If you are accompanied by your manager that has access to a computer, he may get pertinent race details for the livestream.com Watchrace screen we have setup. He can ask to see somthing specific via the chat window during the stream. The link for this is in the Rules and Regs found in the first post of this thread. See you later.

Beta room number 1472 6118 3744 3748 9842
Laps fixed to 18 but we may stop at the 3 hr mark. See you there!

I'm still interested, it's just my lack of a definite 3rd driver that is holding me back. Pretty sure the car(?) is going to be set right too, so I'm just playing the waiting game now for an answer from either of them...

I've updated the main post!! Also I've changed the links to the Registration and Survival Guide for an easier format. No downloads required.

Question: Is a race manager mandatory? I am confident I can get a team but I am uncertain of a manager :nervous:

My GF can do it for a bit but there's no 🤬 way she'll do it for 24 hours!!

Back