Nurburgring 2h40m - Finished

• Thread starter PTLobo2
  • 201 comments
"Intresting Tactics":lol:
It's cheaper to pay for a couple of tourist laps than rent the whole track for private testing :sly:

The weather isn't letting anybody have it easy, I still think Audi #3 will end up winning but there are enough different cars in contention and the track conditions could take any of them out in a second.

@PTLobo2 I tried to race against the ai just to see how the visibility could be with all the lights of the cars and something came to my mind:

Why not reserve each type of light for each category? For example, we can have the yellow light for the gr3 cars and the white lights for the gr4 cars. Because I sincerely think drivers will be confused if they get a blue flag, see two cars behind them and doesen't know if they are gr3 cars or gr4 cars, or both

I know it's a bit late, and most people have already finished or picked their livery but I think it's important for the safety of the race

@PTLobo2 I tried to race against the ai just to see how the visibility could be with all the lights of the cars and something came to my mind:

Why not reserve each type of light for each category? For example, we can have the yellow light for the gr3 cars and the white lights for the gr4 cars. Because I sincerely think drivers will be confused if they get a blue flag, see two cars behind them and doesen't know if they are gr3 cars or gr4 cars, or both

I know it's a bit late, and most people have already finished or picked their livery but I think it's important for the safety of the race

I mean, fair enough, im just nervous about mandating it because its so short notice.
But lets make it white headlights for gt3, yellow ones for gt4.
Please do react to this post in some way to make sure you took notice of this. Do consider that we have previously changed fuel from 2x to 1x as well.

PS: Regarding penalties, you are required to serve them on the next available straight. If it takes half a lap for that to happen its ok, just please do not serve it in a twisty section, it will get messy for everyone. The only exception is the Döttinger Höhe (the huge straight at the end of the lap) - its so huge you lose an unreasonable amount of time by slowing down for minor penalties. You are allowed not to serve penalties there, and do it on the finish line straight right after instead.

Last edited:
I mean, fair enough, im just nervous about mandating it because its so short notice.
One more thing i was hoping to tell you guys: im afraid that with a 15 mins qualifying, some cars, especially gt4s, might not have enough time to finish their flying laps due to the game ending the session after some time has elapsed after the chequered flag. And the time it takes for the game to do that in Qualifying is something i cannot change. So i've changed the qualifying session length to 20 mins as a precaution. However, you are still only allowed one outlap and one flying lap. That is it. Do not use any additional time you might have to try to set another lap. If you crash on your outlap, you are not allowed to pit, do another outlap and then set a time for example. Its annoying that we then will have to wait for the game to end the session, as all the cars will still be on track, but its the best solution i can come up with. Please do react to this post in some way to make sure you took notice of this. Do consider that we have previously changed fuel from 2x to 1x as well.

PS: Regarding penalties, you are required to serve them on the next available straight. If it takes half a lap for that to happen its ok, just please do not serve it in a twisty section, it will get messy for everyone. The only exception is the Döttinger Höhe (the huge straight at the end of the lap) - its so huge you lose an unreasonable amount of time by slowing down for minor penalties. You are allowed not to serve penalties there, and do it on the finish line straight right after instead.
The game gives you about 10 minutes to finish your lap once the timer hits 0 on this track so 15 minutes should be fine (I think that is what we used in @Kermit_2142 's race here). I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure the Porsche I'm using has yellow lights, I might need to change number and find something else.

The game gives you about 10 minutes to finish your lap once the timer hits 0 on this track so 15 minutes should be fine (I think that is what we used in @Kermit_2142 's race here). I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure the Porsche I'm using has yellow lights, I might need to change number and find something else.
I changed the quali time back then. Regarding the livery, i hope its not too much of a bother... sorry

Please do react to this post in some way to make sure you took notice of this. Do consider that we have previously changed fuel from 2x to 1x as well.

Noted.

I'll find something 👍
I think I found those for you:
7349959258560037417_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/6239443/1/7349959258560037417

4756396115855672368_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/2427925/1/4756396115855672368

5044044779554374705_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1101697/1/5044044779554374705

Probably not as good as yours but if I can help:tup:

Hello, I would like to race in the 2h40m nurburgring race, sounds fantastic! :dopey:
I havent seen a lot of the 24h race this weekend but the nordschleife is always a great track to enjoy.

GTPlanet name: Schosse
PSN Name: Schosse12
Races you will take part in: Nurb 2h40m
Car for each race: Toyota FT-1 Gr3
Number: 12

So it’s white Lights for GT3 an Yellow lights for GT4?

What about adding additional to the lights black Window sticker for GT3 and white ones for GT4?

Hello, I would like to race in the 2h40m nurburgring race, sounds fantastic! :dopey:
I havent seen a lot of the 24h race this weekend but the nordschleife is always a great track to enjoy.

GTPlanet name: Schosse
PSN Name: Schosse12
Races you will take part in: Nurb 2h40m
Car for each race: Toyota FT-1 Gr3
Number: 12

Thanks for joining!

I have one more question. Who is hosting the lobby on Friday night. I guess it’s a private lobby, so I probably have to add one more friend!

I have one more question. Who is hosting the lobby on Friday night. I guess it’s a private lobby, so I probably have to add one more friend!
I'm hosting. Honestly, it can be public really, we had no issues last race and that was public... Still, do feel free to send a friend request, in case i end up doing it privately if everyone sends me a request too. PSN: PTLobo2.

Practice room open:

O475-p4315-0451-5650-2596

IMPORTANT NOTE: categories are unrestricted so make sure to adjust your bop according to your category.

Now CLOSED

Last edited:
BoP for tomorrow's race:

GT3

- Mercedes AMG:

Power (92%): 564 BHP; 572 HP
Weight (100%): 1325 Kg; 2921 lbs

- Peugeot RCZ

Power (108%): 558 BHP; 566 HP
Weight (109%): 1308 Kg; 2884 lbs

- Toyota Supra

Power (94%): 556 BHP; 564 HP
Weight (103%): 1280 Kg; 2822 lbs

- BMW Z4

Power (104%): 529 BHP; 536HP
Weight (108%): 1285Kg; 2833lbs

- Porsche 911

Power (105%): 536 BHP; 543 HP
Weight (106%): 1317 Kg; 2903 lbs

- Ferrari 458

Power (97%): 589 BHP; 597 HP
Weight (106%): 1287 Kg; 2837 lbs

- Aston Martin Vantage

Power (112%): 582 BHP; 590 HP
Weight (104%): 1300 Kg; 2866 lbs

- Toyota FT-1

Power (101%): 549 BHP; 557 HP
Weight (103%): 1318 Kg; 2906 lbs

GT4

- Mitshubishi Lancer

Power (100%): 390 BHP; 395 HP
Weight (101%): 1343 Kg; 2961 lbs

- Chevrolet Corvette C7

Power (93%): 385 BHP; 390 HP
Weight (107%): 1444 Kg; 3184 lbs

- Jaguar F-Type

Power (98%): 392 BHP; 397 HP
Weight (103%): 1390 Kg; 3064 lbs

- BMW M4

Power (98%): 387 BHP; 392 HP
Weight (106%): 1446 Kg; 3188 lbs

- Dodge Viper SRT:

Power (91%): 391 BHP; 396 HP
Weight (104%): 1456 Kg; 3210 lbs

Please do double check the percentages, at least in your own car, as there may be mistakes!!
Here's the link to do so:
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/bop_update.html

I'd like everyone to check everyone's BoP tomorrow night, to make sure there are no mistakes.

Going to be an interesting morning for me.

Will be racing from the hotel I’m staying at over the next 2 nights as I’ve finally got a weekend filming assignment. The screen is about a third of the size I use at home and the volume controls on both the remote and the TV itself don’t work.

Only 50 minutes guys. I’m going to have some salad, a big cup of coffee and then I‘ll take a seat in front of my racing wheel.

Back