Nurburgring-My Car Settings

• Thread starter driftfan01
  • 16 comments
United States
Chicago, IL
As you know, this is a post on my settings in which i will put my settings for my cars! Yes they will have names. These are high acceleration cars with a lot of good handling. Lets just say this is my team for Nur'. :dopey:

If you want to post your settings, post them. Here is the form to fill:
FULL Car name here
HP: 500
Record: _'__.___

Parts To Buy:
Parts to get here

Settings:
Spring Rate: F-9.0/R-3.0
Ride Height: F&R-112
Shock (Bound): F-8/R-8
Shock (Rebound): F-8/R-8
Camber: F-2.0/R-1.0
Toe: F-0/R-0
Stabilizers: F-5/R-5

Downforce: F-30/R-30

Limited Slip- Fully Customize

Weight Balance:
Ballast Weight: 0
Front/Rear Balance: 0

AIDS: On

Description:
Description here
-------------------------------------------------------
Fill out this form if you want to post settings for Nurburgring!

Also, if some things don't require adjustment, put 2 hyphens in place of the numbers.

Here are the settings:

"Speed Demon"-'89 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)
HP: 738

Lap Time (Record): 7'11.996<--best run so far! :dopey:

Parts To Buy:
BEST of everything
Rigidity Refresher Plan
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Any spoiler
Oil change
S3 tires

Settings:
Spring Rate: F-11.0/R-13.0
Ride Height: F&R-97
Shock (Bound): F-4/R-6
Shock (Rebound): F-7/R-8
Stabilizers: F-3/R-4

Downforce: F-30/R-32

Description:
This car is speed crazy and corner happy so better get used to the car first.

"Corner Killer"-'03 Honda S2000 Type V
HP: 466

Lap Time: 8'09.838<--did this lap at 10:30 pm......not best of driving lets just say

Parts To Buy:
BEST of everything
Oil change
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
S3 tires

Settings:
Spring Rate: F-13.4/R-12.6
Ride Height: F&R-94
Shock (Bound): F-4/R-6
Shock (Rebound): F-7/R-8
Stabilizers: F-3/R-4

Description:
This car ,as it says, really gets through corners easily. It might slide its tail a bit if you hit the corners too fast.

Thats all for now check back daily to see if there are anymore set-ups!

Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur '02
HP: 911
Record: 6'24.529

Parts To Buy:
Everything,
Stage V Turbo, and ORG Suspension Work

Settings:
Brake Balance: F-10/R-4
Spring Rate: F-9.0/R-11.0
Ride Height: F&R-72
Shock Absorbers: F-8/R-8
Camber: F-4.5/R-2.5
Toe: F-0/R-1
Stabilizers: F-4/R-4

Downforce: F-30/R-33

Limited Slip- 1.5-way

Weight Balance:
Ballast Weight: 10
Front/Rear Balance: 50

AIDS: On (10,10,5)

Description:
Very nice setup for my style, but is a bit touchy upon braking, which takes some getting used to. Had some problems when vertical forces were applied downwards during a corner, would lose the rear end altogether, but added ballast to correct for this.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD)
HP: 609
Record: 6'27.803

Parts To Buy:
All incl. Stage V Turbo, and ORG Suspension

Settings:
Spring Rate: F-12.6/R-10.0
Ride Height: F-74/R-76
Shock Absorbers: F-8/R-8
Camber: F-4.0/R-2.0
Stabilizers: F-5/R-5

Downforce: F-28/R-30

Limited Slip 1.5-way

Description:
A little slower than the R34, but still a respectable car. Much more predictable, and a little more responsive in the corners. Unfortunately, it runs a little slower on the straights, but due to it's light weight, it should hold it's own against the Skyline.

Note: Both of the above times were imperfect, I hit 2 walls in the first, and 3 walls in the second.

I am curious Nurbfanatic- what tires did you use?

I really feel all times would be better without driving aids as I have gotten under 6'45 with the stock Mercedes AMG 190e Evo DTM car(420hp?) on R3 tires.

luftrofl
I am curious Nurbfanatic- what tires did you use?

I really feel all times would be better without driving aids as I have gotten under 6'45 with the stock Mercedes AMG 190e Evo DTM car(420hp?) on R3 tires.

On both of these runs, I used R5's, I could run them again on different tires to test them, but I enjoy getting as much grip as I can. These settings maximize grip as much as possible without getting oversteer.

6'45 is impressive in a car like that, I'll have to mess around with it later. Right now i'm working on a Nurb Supra, it's kind of frustrating, this car is very unstable at speed. That is part of the reason I've left aids on, these cars are so light, and so over powered, that I'm not sure they'd be very controllable at high speeds.

If you want times with different tires, let me know.

Edit: It seems that most of the Japanese sports cars, when heavily modified, become very twitchy at high speeds. That is, they have a very high tendency to radically lose control. I don't see this at all with the European machines, especially BMW and Mercedes. I'll have to look into this.

Edit 2: I am having great difficulty even getting this Supra around the track. If you would like to help me figure this out, I'd gladly send you my settings.

Nurbfanatic
On both of these runs, I used R5's, I could run them again on different tires to test them, but I enjoy getting as much grip as I can. These settings maximize grip as much as I can without getting oversteer.

6'45 is impressive in a car like that, I'll have to mess around with it later. Right now i'm working on a Nurb Supra, it's kind of frustrating, this car is very unstable at speed.

If you want times with different tires, let me know.

Edit: It seems that most of the Japanese sports cars, when heavily modified, become very twitchy at high speeds. That is, they have a very high tendency to radically lose control. I don't see this at all with the European machines, especially BMW and Mercedes. I'll have to look into this.
i believe i have the answer to ur problem. i believe its a weight issue. japanese cars are considerably lighter than european cars. as the cars pick up speed, the car begins to lift and steering becomes extremely sensitive. a minor downforce adjustment should fix the problem ;)

Nurbfanatic
Edit 2: I am having great difficulty even getting this Supra around the track. If you would like to help me figure this out, I'd gladly send you my settings.

I'll be happy to help you with your problem! Send me the settings!

FaLLeNAn9eL
i believe i have the answer to ur problem. i believe its a weight issue. japanese cars are considerably lighter than european cars. as the cars pick up speed, the car begins to lift and steering becomes extremely sensitive. a minor downforce adjustment should fix the problem ;)

I thank you for your input, but my downforce settings are already topped out, I do agree with your weight idea though, and I'm going to try and add more ballast.

Edit: Haha, I feel like an idiot. I bought the spoiler for the downforce, yet forgot to apply the downforce settings. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm about to test it right now.

Just ran it through a hot lap, and interestingly enough, it ran a 6'26.271. I wish GT4 had online capabilities right now, because a three way race between this, the R34, and the RX-7 would be very interesting.

No, I havent turned them off yet, but only because these are hardly under control with them on. I'll test it on the RX-7, it seems to be the most controllable.

Ran it without TCS or ASM, and got a 6'28.244 :-\ will try again later, but I have to go eat lunch. I'm starving.

Acura Integra Type-R '01
HP : 326
Best Lap : 7'10.xxx (Is needed that I checks, I don't remember it more) :ouch:
Parts To Buy :

Muffler Racing
Racing Chip Sports
Front/Rear Tires R5 - Super-soft
Turbine Kit Stage 3
Brakes Racing
Brake Controller Equipped
Suspension Racing
Transmission Full Customize
Clutch Triple Plate
Flywheel Racing
Limited Slip Full Customize
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Increase Rigidity Equipped

Suspension
- Spring Rate: 9.7 / 4.6
- Ride Height: 86 / 86
- Bound: 4 / 3
- Rebound: 6 / 8
- Camber: 2.7 / 0.5
- Toe: 0 / 0
- Stabilizers: 6 / 4

LSD
- Initial: 9
- Acceleration: 27
- Deceleration: 21

Driving Aids
- ASM Oversteer: 0
- ASM Understeer: 3
- TCS: 3

Brake Controller
- Brakes: 3 / 2

Transmission
Gear Ratios
- 1st 3.133
- 2nd 2.045
- 3rd 1.482
- 4th 1.161
- 5th 0.926
- 6th 0.767
- Final 4.756
Autoset 12

Comments and suggestions ?

Note : This is my best FF and this time isn't perfect. I have make exits of light roads. People tested my set-up with a spoiler and one can badly take not time :)

AMG Mercedes 190 E Evoll Touring Car '92
HP: 587
Record: 6'55.629"
Top Speed: 206 MPH

Parts To Buy:
Full Upgrade

Settings:
Spring Rate: F-15.8/R-13.8
Ride Height: F&R-65
Shock (Bound): F-8/R-8
Shock (Rebound): F-8/R-8
Stabilizers: F-6/R-6

Downforce: F-38/R-53

Limited Slip- Fully Customize (10, 40, 20)

Weight Balance:
Ballast Weight: 0
Front/Rear Balance: 0

Description:
Just ran this race for the Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft Challenge. While riding, especially through the high speed corners, this car can get very very bumpy, but as long as you don't overreact, you should have no problem keeping it in line.

niclake13- Turn off your driving aids! Without them, I beat your time by 10 seconds in the same car, minus 170HP.

My advice:
-Take off ALL driving aids.
-Raise the rear ride height by 15-20mm.
-Use the minimum rear downforce setting.
-Put the weight balance to about 30(in the rear).
-Reduce stabilizer settings to about 3, and increase front camber to 3-4.
-Practice :)

Smiley Beat- What an incredible lap that must have been! Good job 👍
My question for you: Est-ce que vous etes francais? Si vous etes francais, allez a <<gtchallenge.net>>. C'est une site GT francophone. If you aren't French, ignore that sentence. :D

luftrofl
niclake13- Turn off your driving aids! Without them, I beat your time by 10 seconds in the same car, minus 170HP.

My advice:
-Take off ALL driving aids.
-Raise the rear ride height by 15-20mm.
-Use the minimum rear downforce setting.
-Put the weight balance to about 30(in the rear).
-Reduce stabilizer settings to about 3, and increase front camber to 3-4.
-Practice :)

Smiley Beat- What an incredible lap that must have been! Good job 👍
My question for you: Est-ce que vous etes francais? Si vous etes francais, allez a <<gtchallenge.net>>. C'est une site GT francophone. If you aren't French, ignore that sentence. :D

Oui, je suis Fran&#231;ais et je suis d&#233;j&#224; inscrit sur GTChallenge.net :)👍
Yes, I'm French and I'm already registered on GTChallenge.net

Merci par rapport &#224; mes r&#233;glages mais comme je l'ai dit, il y a des personnes qui ont fait un meilleur temps avec un spoiler :)👍
Thank you compared to my settings but as I said, there are people who made a better time with a spoiler and my adjustments :)👍

CAR = Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur (R34) '02
HP = 868
TIME = 6'16.416 ( on first lap )

PARTS BOUGHT = All, Stage 5 turbo, & ORHG Suspension ( Amuse parts )

SETTINGS

Break Balance = F=5 / R=6
Spring Rate = F=9.0 / R=11.0
Ride Height = F & R = 72
Shock ( bound / rebound ) = 8
Camber = f=4.5 / R=2.5
Toe = F=0 / R=+1
Stabilizers = F=4 / R=4

Downforce = F=30 / R=33
Limited Slip = 1.5-Way

Weight Balance = --
Ballast Weight = 10
Front/Rear Balance = 50

AIDS = On ( default settings )

Notes = very weird handling Skyline, I should know I own ALL the Skylines in the game from '89 - '04. But NurbFanatic made an error. The above Skyline can't get 911 HP. The max it can get is 868 HP and thats with tuning to the max. Maybe he made an error but with the exact same car and settings as his with supposedly less HP, I still beat his time by 9 secs lon the same course on the first lap. but, really good car.

Oh my Transmission, I had to set Final to 3.220 and the Auto to 16 because the gear ratio was way too close and was maxing out at 280 KM/Phr.

Good luck to anyone who gets the same car and can beat my time with the exact same settings as me and NurbFanatic

Ermac26
But NurbFanatic made an error. The above Skyline can't get 911 HP. The max it can get is 868 HP and thats with tuning to the max. Maybe he made an error . . .

I have the same car. Fully built, sitting in the garage it is listed at 911hp. When viewing the car, at the bottom of the screen where near where the milage is listed, the car is listed with something like 866hp.

Maybe you didn't up the displacement or bought something and didn't equip it.

Or your Skyline is naturally handicapped. :dunce:

But seeing that you have a pretty good lap time, it dosen't appear to really matter. :) 👍

Nice lap in my R34. I didnt drive it a whole lot on the rest of the track, just got it set up for the first section, and I'm only now getting used to MT :sly: golding lisences, and getting driving missions done. I think the setup is about as close to optimum as I can get it, and no, that hp is not an error, that's the Garage-view horsepower, the HP measuring system in the game is kinda strange, it seems to change depending on where you look at it :ill: . Weird.

Latest Posts

Back