[off topic] my mom...

• Thread starter car freak
  • 57 comments
Hey guys, i tried to teach my mom how to play GT3 and she wasn't very good at it :crazy: , at least she didn't give up đź‘Ť .

She kept slowing down to like 10mph to turn, and then hit the guard rail casue she turned to early :banghead: the she kept swerving over the road casue she put the analog stick to far to each side, no presicion steering here. Then trying to back up and drive by putting the stick backwards then to the front. Then i said" lets use the arrows" which worked out much better.

This was fun driving both in a red honda civic sirII with 340 Hp which i set up really quick, i should have used a mini cooper :guilty:

ANy of you try to get your mom or girl friends to play??

My dads in love with Italy, so he tried Rome in a Mini, stock... I nearly vomitted from laughing đź‘Ť

My dad can sometimes compare, until I show the real sleeper in all my cars. :P

I also tought my dad how to play all my other games.

I gave my sister a shot once, but she drove at 50Km/h and kept on stopping the car to feed a baby I couldn't see.

car freak
ANy of you try to get your mom or girl friends to play??

My wife ( she's 55 now ) ,when GT1 was released used to play it. I was passing the linences and doing the tuning but she manages to win some races ( she hated to qualify , saying it was a waste of time ).
She even discovered the car that could win the "normal " cars ( untuned ) serie. I was trying ( in vain ) with a Skyline and she found the Viper was the proper car to win the serie.
She rarely plays GT3 finding it too sophisticated and as she says " GT3 is boring, they don't have the high speed ring anymore ".

But I declared my mother the Oldest GT pilot ever: After banging on the walls for 15 minutes, sha was able to complete 1 lap of High speed ring in a Spoon civic.

Biased turkey
" GT3 is boring, they don't have the high speed ring anymore ".
The words of God. And no, my mother doesn't play GT or any game for that matter, and I've seen her once, almost passed out because I couldn't breath from laughing.

I haven't tried to teach GT3 to anyone I know, but I once tried teaching my dad to play Viper Racing for the pc. He always spun into the same pond :lol:

My cousin also tried teaching his father (my uncle) how to play counter strike. He nearly got a kill the first round he played in! :lol:

I've tried to teach my dad to play GT4P and it was like some ****ing nightmare straight from hell. He just swinged the stick from side-to-side to turn, maybe he don't know the meaning of "analog". He couldn't even drive one single lap in Tsukuba Circuit in 5 mins, I gave up...

I taught both my daughters how to drive, but only the younger one (8) really enjoys it. She likes to take something RWD on the test course and race against her shadow. She also loves doing burnouts and donuts.

I asked my mom once if she would learn how to use a controller for Playstation and play a game. She was pretty intrested in the beggining when I asked her but she was busy and she couldn't try to play GT2, and next day when I asked her...she didn't care about it :)

My sister tried and she isn't too bad.

My dad attempted an NSX on high speed ring in GT1, and he spent most the time in the grass. Me, and I think a few mates present, couldn't stop laughing.

Tried teaching my brother but he got frustrated and quit after spinning out. He seems to like arcade racers better.

ĂŹ tried to teach my grandmother without much success.
She really tried though and she seemed to enjoy watching all the cars and me racing. đź‘Ť

Now the thing with my parents....Eh....can be put in a category of "Huh?"

Allow me to explain. My parents grew up on each other and multiple hours of Rad Racer 1, 2, and Pole Position. (The Arcade version, not that "Bootleg variation on the Atari...:lol:") now they are the only ones who could pass 71 cars in Pole Position, and decimate both Rad Racers, without hitting cars, nor roadside equipment. And they did it all in one try. Now between us three, I was the gaming lackey, especially when they got bored and decided "Why don't we set up the Atari?", Which really translates into, "Who's score wants to be slayed in Galaga, Galaxian, or Xevious." (And for future reference, at that time, I had no chance in hell.)

Anyway, after my dad passed, she stopped playing games.....cold turkey. But, when I bought Outrun for the Genesis, I found her playing it consistantly day after day. And on top of that, she beat it quicker than I did (duh.) And then she told me on my 12th birthday, (While handing the Outrun Cartridge back to me, mind you) "I've cracked your game. You can have it back now." But the funny thing is the later on factor. She can only play arcade racers with really odd styled tracks, (For instance, like Atlantica from Need for Speed Hot pursuit 1 for PSX. tracks like that.)

But when it came to GT3, As dumb as you can picture it, she could only drive 4 cars. The Nismo 400R, (I still like to know how she manages to get that thing to drift like a Ridge Racer car through all of the turns....) The Tommy Kaira ZZ-2, on Auto setting Lv. 19, The Toyota GT-One, and (Unfortunately) the Spoon S2000 on her own personal settings.

And the only to tracks that she can race on without crashing are Tokyo Reversed and Apricot Hill. And her excuse for why she can race is just astonishing.

"Those tracks sort of remind me of the last stage of Rad Racer. Especially the last 3 turns then that back straight followed by an annoying hairpin. Yeah, too familiar."

But yet on any other course, she slams into EVERYTHING. End of story.

You guys tell me what you think of that.

my mom has never even tried to play anything... my dad used to play Mario Bros 3 and Duck Hunt on NES and Revolution X on SNES but other than those, he can't either, especially not with the analogue! lol.

I've been dragging my PS2 to school to take on some of the kids (age 11-16) of a Wednesday lunchtime (on a big screen - mmmm, data projectors).

Not one of them is better than my girlfriend - she's well planted into the "Meh" category (lap 1 she learns the car, lap 2 she learns the track, lap 3 she's about 5s behind me) but doesn't play often.

Ms. Famine > Schoolkids

WOW, i thought this was gonna be one of those abbandond threats!!!

My dad thought me to play in GT1 and bein addictive ot the game ever since. He likes GT3 but if we race each other we have to use the stock cars other wise we can't see whose better. Thats pretty gay but we have fun playing it. sometiems my little brother pics up teh controller and we race and he beets me sometiems and we had some fun doing almost twin drifts both diving a white toyota celica with gold rims. Th was sick!!

I think my parents took one look at my 'concentration' face when I play GT3 and decided it wasn't there thing. Dad tried it once but had a little trouble understanding that you have to brake BEFORE you enter the turn.

My sister has tried it a few times, she's pretty good with the little hatchbacks but useless with the bigger cars.

My GF hates cars generally so she doesn't go near it. Although her little brother is pretty good. He's a nut on Midnight Club though.

Unfortunately none of my mates really like racing games so I'm kinda stuck playing alone.

I think my mom tried to play GTA3 once, as I remember she was very mean to those poor peds. Now that game is "banned from this house." She thinks it warps my mind, or something along those lines. Luckily, my next-door neighbor has a copy, and he sometimes brings it over.

My dad played GT3 once, he beat my record for the Camaro race car at Complex string. It was crazy.

Latest Posts

Back