[OFFICIAL] Drifting THREAD!

I guess by lots of Drifting posts, y don't we just start one huge one [make it sticky plz]... I guess .. btw, how DO you drift again in GT2? My absence from the GT world has made me bad @ the percision of Drifting again.. plz help me.. :odd:

there's probably a few "official" drifting threads already.

(for FR, the most fun to drift with)
1) soggy suspension,
2) front downforce low, rear downforce lower,
3) use the e-brake @ >60mph,
4) use analog and half-gas through turns.

I don't drift on purpose. It's fun when I do it on accident though. The reason I don't drift is well - because I can't.

It's fun drifitng at like 300kph in the 'scud.

U R RIGHT! btw, I play on my comp.. hehehehe

FCDrift.txt

ae86percisiondrift.txt

plz I want some feedback, improvments?etc... and also... Check out that 192Hp 86.. lol

Originally posted by j2s
how do you get extreme closeups like that??
edit: can i make avatars out of them :D?

U can when u select different views in replay, u can chose the right or left wheel side. and yes you can... for me.. LOL... newayz I'm getting my skills back a lil check out that counter-steer angle! Quote from ID Red Suns Leader : " The counter steer angle has gotten smaller... he's improved! " ... sounds like I'm the next Takumi.. lol :) so... do u think I need ne improvements, comments, etc?

Oh BTW Hard or Simulation tires at the rear and Hard tires on the front. It also is a good burnout vehicle.

Sports tires are the best for power-drifts. Simulation tires are good for trail drifting.

Power drifting = wow
Train drifting = eh

Originally posted by Option2
Sports tires are the best for power-drifts. Simulation tires are good for trail drifting.

Power drifting = wow
Train drifting = eh

I meant "Trail drifting", not train. lol

I've come to conclusion that you can't drift in GT2. :(

I've tried and tried and tried and have only once successfully pulled off a satisfactory drift. How? I braked, feinted, and slid the car at just the right precise moment to be able to follow the racing line *exactly* while not losing any speed. This was 100% by luck. There was no "mid drift" correction of the car, because that's impossible.

IMO, drifting is a hit and miss thing, in GT2. You absolutely can NOT control the car mid drift. You either enter it perfectly, or you don't. It all depends on timing, timing, timing.

I was using an AE86 with sim tires, btw.

In GT3, OTOH, drifting is completely doable and controllable, in another words, much easier.

DON"T USE SIMULATION TIRES!!!!!!

That's not drifting. THat's just going around a corner with the back end sliding out.

Use Sports tires. They're more controllable, have easy break-a-way, and good grab.

Simulation tires are like driving on ice.

I wish there was some way to get video of some of my runs from PS into my comp. :mad:

I can see that somebody cant drift here.
well Drifting in GT3 is easier because its a fake game

well Drifting in the real life is even easier then in GT3
I started drifting about a year ago.

Place................Work
Speed Limit......25
Weather...........Crappy!(rain)
Car...................Nissan Altima 94
Tires.................Cheap Mexican ones
Corner..............U
My Speed.........43Mph--70Kmh?

That was really good ended up making O drift (couldn't exit U one) but wanted more on the better surface.

Place................???
Speed Limit......none (gravel)
Weather...........night
Car...................Toyota Camry 89
Tires.................Cheapest Mexican tires
Corner..............L
My Speed.........50Mph---86kmh

That time was even better then the last try:
As i approached the corner grabbed E-brake 1sec Released it. My car went completely side ways. Went like that for a 50-60 Meters on the red line :sleep: car started slowing down and finally getting some grip :eek: with my tail pointing more like that / / in to the corner then | | and then it was relaxation time my wheels was pointing in the opposite of corner direction. 30 more meters of sliding and there i was happy as ########## :rolleyes: turned the volume up to my Lion King song and went to do that thing again...

to be continued...

OK here the continue part:
Well In GT2 Drifting in the Rally almost the same as in the real world. So if you wana master Drifting - get your self Lancer Rally Car and go to Thaiti Maze in the Arcade. You will be Drifting in no time. By the way anyone got drifting setup for "Silvia K's 2000c"? I spend 3 hours playing with setup and the car still understirs on U turns

So if anyone got good drifting setup for this car or for any other car please post it here.

Proud to be by my self

Back