Official Ferrari Challenge Thread

• Thread starter kekke2000
  • 1,184 comments

kekke2000

Premium
Sweden
Sweden
kekke2000
PLEASE NOTE! Check UPDATES!!! for latest news. The rest of the post is just a basic info.

ferraricha250314l.jpg

PLEASE NOTE! Check UPDATES!!! for latest news. The rest of the post is just a basic info.

Developer: EUTECHNYX
Publisher: System 3
Release: April 18, 2008
Platforms: PS3, PSP, Wii, DS

UPDATES!!!

2008-03-25 New Screens again...
2008-03-23 Much new info and screens/vids
2008-03-18 New Screenshots from the final build
2008-01-26 Ferrari Challenge releasing for PS2 also.
2007-12-01 Some video interviews and a Profile from Videogamer
2007-11-10 New info and screens on IGN
2007-10-30 Release date pushed to January 08
2007-09-29 Video Interviews with Bruno Senna including gameplay at Monza
2007-09-10 New Screenshots

Quick Summary

Ferrari Challenge will be based on the racing series with the same name. It will be focused on racing dynamics and realism, but the visual part is not left behind. It may be the best looking game of 2007.

Features

• All teams and tracks from the 2007 Ferrari Challenge
  • Unlockable Ferraris like 348 Challenge, 355 Challenge, 360 Challenge and the amazing Ferrari FXX
  • Realistic vehicle simulation, race damage modeling and handling dynamics
  • Multiple Game Modes including Championship, Time Attack, Endurance and Training
  • Innovative online community features including the ability to swap cars and collectable battle cards
  • Downloadable content like cars and tracks
  • 16 Players Online, Annual world online Ferrari Challenge Virtual Championship will start in January 2008
  • Support for the Official Ferrari Wheel (More Info) as well as other wheels (More Info)

Videos

Teaser

Screenshots

Useful Links

Official Website

ps3.qj.net

Profiles

If you find any dead links or something you would like to add or any wrong info please post.

EDIT: Merged to Original Thread (See First Post)

Ferrari 60 Relay Rolls Into London, Ferrari Challenge Release Date Hinted
Posted Apr 24, 2007 at 08:50PM by Tim Y
We imagine that this year holds a special place for car fans, as it marks the 60th anniversary of the Italian-based car manufacturer, Ferrari. As part of this occasion, the car-manufacturer is currently holding a special "Ferrari 60 Relay" world tour, with vehicles spanning Ferrari's history being paraded around a few days ago at London.

On the gaming side of the news, we're also announcing that this event was sponsored by System 3 - the group that's currently publishing the Ferrari Challenge racing game headed for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 2, Nintendo Wii, PlayStation Portable and Nintendo DS. In line with the tour and future game release, Ferrari GB Managing Director Massimo Fedeli had this to say:

Since the launch of the next-generation consoles, the video game industry finally has, at its disposal, a machine with enough power to truly and loyally represent the Ferrari driving experience. The British public's incredible reaction to the "Ferrari 60-Relay" coming to these shores has demonstrated the strength of the Ferrari brand here and we're very excited to be working with System 3 to produce a cutting-edge racing experience for those fans.

The "Ferrari 60 Relay" celebration tour began this January at Abu Dhabi, and is expected to travel through 50 countries before before concluding on June 23 at the home of Ferrari in Maranello, Italy. The tour will also feature a special commemorative baton, 60 badges symbolising the memorable events in the Company's 60-year history, from the Rome Grand Prix in 1947 - the Ferrari FXX Programme of 2006. System 3 hints that Ferrari Challenge will be launching this Christmas - just stay posted for more details as the tour goes through its paces.

Ferrari Challenge to Make World Debut at Leipzig
Posted Aug 14, 2007 at 09:13AM by Karl B.
System 3 has announced that the Leipzig Games Convention will be the venue for the world debut of Ferrari Challenge (DS, PS3, Wii). System 3's August 23 press conference will be the first time that people will see a playable version of the officially licensed racing sim.

The multiplatform title will be running on the PlayStation 3, the Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS during its global premiere. The PlayStation 3 version will reportedly focus on the technical side of the game, while the Wii version will feature "the most accurate motion-sensing steering yet seen on the revolutionary console".

System 3 has also released one PS3 screenshot of the game along with the global debut announcement. Check it out up top. Ferrari Challenge's global debut will take place on August 23 at 3:00 P.M. The game is currently slated for release on November 23, close enough for System 3's hints that the game will roll out this Christmas.

If I remember correctly there was a game floating around at the time of the PS2 launch called something similar by a dev team called Brain in a Jar. No idea what happened to it.
But I wonder if this is the same game resurrected?

Anyway, re-invents the racing game? That's a bold statement! And just Ferraris. Not too bad I guess. It all depends on what the game's like though. Better than Outrun I'd expect (though this is to be a sim not an arcade racer so it'd be different).

Is this like a reincarnated modernized version of Ferrari F355 challenge?! If so then this this game will = FTMFW!

Anyway, re-invents the racing game? That's a bold statement! And just Ferraris. Not too bad I guess. It all depends on what the game's like though. Better than Outrun I'd expect (though this is to be a sim not an arcade racer so it'd be different).
It's referring to F355 Challenge which easily remains one of the, if not the most realistic console racing simulator to date. It got poor reviews for being just so.
Is this like a reincarnated modernized version of Ferrari F355 challenge?! If so then this this game will = FTMFW!
Different makers, but I'm hoping for the same physics and gameplay of F355 as well.

My bad kekke, I didn’t see your original thread. By all means, feel free to copy anything you want off this thread. I'm going to lock it so further discussions on this game wont be made here. 👍

I was about to be all over this. Then I saw that developer did not include any combination of "AM2" and/or "Sega."

I think this might be a whole new type of game, not like any other. Since i've never heard about System 3 before.

I think this might be a whole new type of game, not like any other.
"It will be focused on racing dynamics and realism, but the visual part is not left behind."
Sounds an awful lot like F355 Challenge to me. And I don't think you can shove a whole lot of innovation into a racing simulation that only has 1 car in it.

"It will be focused on racing dynamics and realism, but the visual part is not left behind."
Sounds an awful lot like F355 Challenge to me. And I don't think you can shove a whole lot of innovation into a racing simulation that only has 1 car in it.

But the physics e.t.c. will probably be all new.

A different physics engine hardly makes it "a whole new type of game, not like any other."
That just makes it "F355 Challenge. With a different physics engine."

A different physics engine hardly makes it "a whole new type of game, not like any other."

What i meant was that when driving the Ferrari on the track it will feel like nothing before. Most racing games released is like some other racing game e.t.c.

But lets not make the thread about this. We all think different. :)

And putting in a different physics engine would be like giving a basketball player the legs of a baseball player.

F355's Challenge physics were perfect, imho, and don't need a different engine.

Don't let Wolfe hear you say that. :lol:

Well, not the PS2 version. The original was awesome. The PS2 was a let down.

Anyways, some info with kudos to BADNED.
Publisher: System 3 with help from Koch Media
Developer: Eutechnyx
Genre: Simulation

As I said in the first post System 3 will release new screens on Monday and you can probably expect the first videos to hit the net next week too directly from the Games Convention showfloor.
In case of G25 support, well no word yet on it.

Some info from the latest fact sheet:

-Game is based on the Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli

-All teams and tracks from the 2007 Ferrari Challenge will be included

-Besides the 490hp strong Ferrari F430 Challenge players will be able to unlock and drive previous Ferrari models like the 348 Challenge, 355 Challenge or 360 Challenge

-The highlite will be the 800hp monster the Ferrari FXX

-The game features a realistic physics engine with data collected from the various teams

-Bruno Senna, currently racing in the GP2 series and nephew of the legendary Ayrton Senna helped finetuning the handling and behaviour of the cars

-The game features a realistic damage model for all the cars in the game

-Modes like Championship, Time Attack, Endurance, Single Race or Training will be included

-System 3 plans after the games release in November to release new content like cars, tracks and tools, to create a PlayStation 3 community, every month

-The community function should help the people to exchange their tuned cars or the collected Battle Cards (more on that soon) with other people online

-PS3 version will support 16 players online

Timing and idea of one make realistic racing game is good. PS3 has power to compute realistic physics, G25 can deliver them to our hands and most importantly developer can concentrate on one thing ;to make that prancing horse feel like one.

Release date: 23rd November 2007
Formats: PS3, DS, Wii (don't ask :D)

All details from official press-extranet below. Notice that game will support "Official Ferrari Steering Wheel", whatever that means. I just hope there will be no need to buy ANOTHER wheel for my never-stoppng expanding collection and that some Logitech wheel will be supported.

Also, sorry for the LR pictures, can't upload them bigger because of server limitations. Notice the damage in the screen with yellow F430. Also notice that pictures 5,6,7 and 8 have been grabbed from the video. I'm still trying to upload it somewhere but it also looks nice.

Graphicaly, not as near as GT, but satisfiing. If physics even come close to Yu Suzuki's master-piece, this game will be a jewel.

Notice "official world online championship", PSP connectivity and other nice bits. This could be a very nice game in all of it's total unexpectancy (does this word even exist in English? :)

INFO:

Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli ENG(PS3)
UNLEASH THE UNIQUE FERRARI EXPERIENCE
For over sixty years, the Ferrari has been synonymous with speed, excitement and glamour. Now System 3 brings all the high-speed thrills and unrivaled style of the Ferrari to the home console with Ferrari Challenge on the PS3.
Behind the wheel of some of the worlds most desirable cars, players battle their rivals in a lifelike recreation of the Ferrari Challenge event in order to win the Season and be crowned Champion.
In addition to Challenge seasons, players may also compete in the Practice, Time Trial and Endurance modes, race online against up to 16-players, download new cars and Challenges or share their customized cars with other players from around the world.
Developed in collaboration with Ferrari engineers and vehicle handling dynamics tuned by Bruno Senna himself, Ferrari Challenge is the most authentic and exciting next-generation racing experience that captures all the excitement and energy of the Ferrari Challenge.

Features:
•*Official game of the Ferrari Challenge series
•*Up to 16 international racing circuits, plus additional downloadable content
•*Multiple game options including Ferrari Challenge Seasons, Time Trial, Practice, Endurance and Quick Race Modes
•*Complete official team and car rosters from the real-world racing series plus new downloadable teams, cars and content made available at the start of each new season
•*Downloadable cars updated each month, circuits, hill climbs and customization options to build online Sony PS3 community
•*Realistic vehicle simulation, race damage modeling and handling dynamics
•*Win in game Ferrari Collector cards featuring current and historical Ferrari marques with full WiFi connectivity for Battle Cards with PSP
•*Race online races with up to 16 players
•*Unlock additional Ferrari cars including 360 Challenge, 355 Challenge, 348 Challenge and many other cars that have featured over the Ferrari Challenge weekends including the Ferrari FXX
•*Annual world online Ferrari Challenge Virtual Championship will start in January 2008
•*Innovative online community features including the ability to swap cars and collectable battle cards.
•*Game supports the "Official Ferrari Steering Wheel"

ENDS

Looking promising. Hope they will deliver. I'm so looking forward to this game. Notice they are also preparing PS2 version for early 2008 release.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg