Official GT Blog: "Pit Stop" by Polyphony Digital

• Thread starter Dionisiy
  • 2,207 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

capture-01-jpg.315945

My guts were right; PD are actually aware of the suggestions thread!
So how come they didn't add the 'BMW M3 (E30) 1985' that's on the top of the car suggestion list with 1,107 votes ? ... It was added to the car suggestions on 'Jan 20th 2014', more than a year ago.

Yes they are aware of the suggestion thread. But did they act on it ? .. I don't know.

Last edited:
So how come they didn't add the 'BMW M3 (E30) 1985' that's on the top of the car suggestion list with 1,107 votes ? ... It was added to the car suggestions on 'Jan 20th 2004', more than a year ago.

Yes they are aware of the suggestion thread. But did they act on it ? .. I don't know.
Let's put it this way... Midfield Raceway is a track they created. One that doesn't require licensing from an outside company that comes at a cost.

Double posted in the B-Spec thread as well, but it seems relevant here.

For a non-Engrish translation:

In the forthcoming update “Ver. 1.16” the new feature B-Spec will be introduced. Previous versions of B-Spec might make one say “Why did you back off there?” or “Get in the slipstream!”, there were a number of behaviours in the AI driver that were highly irritating to the player. In Gran Turismo 6 B-Spec, the number of instructions and pace selection options have increased, and it's possible to alter how the AI driver behaves. Overtaking, slipstreaming, changing lanes, as well as acceleration and braking can all be controlled in real time.

Unlike the Gran Turismo 5 version of B-Spec the style is not that of employing a driver, instead you will feel that you are supporting the AI driver's race. How about gathering any stars that you might have missed? The prizes, lap counts, and tyre regulations are all identical to A-Spec.

It's also ideal for the extremely difficult Red Bull X Challenges. And it will allow beginners to attempt some of the other difficult events in the game.

Of course, if you are too aggressive with the accelerator, the AI driver will spin or run off the course. A certain delicacy is required, not unlike driving a radio controlled car from a bird's eye perspective.

Unlike A-Spec, one can play as if one were a spotter in a NASCAR race, and so it's easy to comprehend the situation going on around the car. And to get that final edge to win in a close battle, it's good to try playing from an internal perspective.

I hope you'll look forward to the update!

Translated by me.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/article/1512

Double posted in the B-Spec thread as well, but it seems relevant here.

For a non-Engrish translation:

In the forthcoming update “Ver. 1.16” the new feature B-Spec will be introduced. Previous versions of B-Spec might make one say “Why did you back off there?” or “Get in the slipstream!”, there were a number of behaviours in the AI driver that were highly irritating to the player. In Gran Turismo 6 B-Spec, the number of instructions and pace selection options have increased, and it's possible to alter how the AI driver behaves. Overtaking, slipstreaming, changing lanes, as well as acceleration and braking can all be controlled in real time.

Unlike the Gran Turismo 5 version of B-Spec the style is not that of employing a driver, instead you will feel that you are supporting the AI driver's race. How about gathering any stars that you might have missed? The prizes, lap counts, and tyre regulations are all identical to A-Spec.

It's also ideal for the extremely difficult Red Bull X Challenges. And it will allow beginners to attempt some of the other difficult events in the game.

Of course, if you are too aggressive with the accelerator, the AI driver will spin or run off the course. A certain delicacy is required, not unlike driving a radio controlled car from a bird's eye perspective.

Unlike A-Spec, one can play as if one were a spotter in a NASCAR race, and so it's easy to comprehend the situation going on around the car. And to get that final edge to win in a close battle, it's good to try playing from an internal perspective.

I hope you'll look forward to the update!

Translated by me.

http://pitstop.gran-turismo.com/article/1512

So um..

cash.gif

Last edited:
Overtaking, slipstreaming, changing lanes, as well as acceleration and braking can all be controlled in real time.
Sounds an awful lot like just driving the car as per usual:lol:

if that's accurate it sounds like the best of both worlds. Means they didn't just abandon the adaptive AI from GT5 to go back to the "put it on 4 and go watch a movie" from GT4, but they actually fixed the sillier things like Bob deciding that someone coming within 25 feet of him is enough reason to flip out and drive off the track.

if that's accurate it sounds like the best of both worlds. Means they didn't just abandon the adaptive AI from GT5 to go back to the "put it on 4 and go watch a movie" from GT4, but they actually fixed the sillier things like Bob deciding that someone coming within 25 feet of him is enough reason to flip out and drive off the track.

Or if things really get strange, literally flip off the track :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back