Official GTPlanet* Fantasy FIFA® World Cup™ Brazil 2014™ brought to you by Matty and MasterCard®.

• Thread starter Matty
  • 535 comments
It really shouldn't be too hard, I mean just Netherlands and Germany right? Easy as pie.

It really shouldn't be too hard, I mean just Netherlands and Germany right? Easy as pie.
Time for some game theory!

If you're in second place, you have to pick at least one underdog, and hope to get lucky if you want to win. Otherwise, you are probably just copying the picks of the person above you, which makes it impossible to pass them.

If you're in third place, you have to pick both underdogs (unless you KNOW which underdog the guy in 2nd place picked, and can pick the other one), and hope to get very lucky in order to win it all.

If you don't care about winning, pick the favorites and finish 2nd/3rd.

If you are 4th or worse, pick the favorites, and pass the guys in 2nd/3rd when their underdog picks miss. :lol:

Just know which underdog 2nd picked? I think I have a chance!

Anyway, given if I want to win I have to pick a underdog I'll go with Brazil since they will have Thiago Silva back and that will help them immensely. Your move @dhandeh

Submitted mine.

Bloody Iran.

Well I've submitted my picks and am hoping for a miracle to get back to the top of the table. Just out of interest, is there a prize for 1st place @Matty?

I'm considering a prize. Perhaps a copy of GTPedia or an Amazon gift card of equal value if already owned.

Well I can wish for messi's Argentina to be suspended and a whole lot of other things that would sky rocket me to the top. :lol:

If the winner doesn't have Premium I can get that also, but it's likely the winner will have it.

Went for Netherlands and Argentina.

I have a gut feeling we'll see something special from Messi this Sunday.

I think tomorrow even if there is a goal drought and a piece of magic by Messi to win it that by Matty's scoring system Germany will still win.

7WPCTtx.png

8rkwOcM.png

So I need to have picked the winning team tomorrow and for everyone above me to have picked the losing team AND for the winning team to have a 74 point difference?

lloyd-300x300.jpg

Final Results:
5rhoIAV.png

O15kbm5.png

Congratulations to @dhandeh for winning despite 'Bloody Iran' and it's attempts to ruin his chances. Your prize is either, 1 year of GTPremium, 1 copy of GTPedia or a £20 Amazon gift card.*

Also, a big thanks and congratulations to all those who came back every day to submit picks. This couldn't have been done without you.

Hopefully I'll still be hanging around come Euro 2016. If not though be prepared as there is a strong chance I will do a Fantasy Premier League in the coming weeks for the upcoming season. 👍​

I was wondering if you'd be doing anything similar to this for the premier league but then realised the amount of effort you'd need to put in for that. The amount of games to work out stats for.

12th isn't too bad for someone with crappy football knowledge. :D

'Grats to dhandeh for winning and thanks to Matty for running the whole thing. :cheers:

If I do one for the EPL the points would be based off much simpler systems. Most likely 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss, the most points possible in a week would be 30, with a bonus for doing so. It's not fully ironed out yet but it's in the works should it happen.

Back