Official GTPlanet* Fantasy FIFA® World Cup™ Brazil 2014™ brought to you by Matty and MasterCard®.

• Thread starter Matty
  • 535 comments
Cheers for running this Matty, this was a well done competition.👍 Congrats to dhandeh for winning and everyone else for regularly picking.

If I do one for the EPL the points would be based off much simpler systems. Most likely 3 for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss, the most points possible in a week would be 30, with a bonus for doing so. It's not fully ironed out yet but it's in the works should it happen.
I can help you out with stats if you like? With a week to do tables as well it is possible to do your super-complicated scoring system if you want.👍

I don't mind the scoring of either and will help you if you want.

Yay! Now the speeches, I will make this short as I wouldn't want to go off on some epic ramble thanking everyone including next doors dog, so.

First of all, thanks @Matty for running the show. Top work, it gave the World Cup a nice little bit of competitiveness.
Second, thanks to the rest of you for participating and keeping me on my toes.
Third, thanks to the wife, even though she didn't really have anything to do with my picks.

I will also would like to take this opportunity to say '**** you Iran', for nearly costing me the win.

*holds trophy aloft*
35.jpg

Well done dhandeh.

I'm also open to helping out with scoring for an EPL one. Wouldn't be fair for you to have to do 10+ Games a week on your own.

We'd just all have to pick a specific place to get stats from and then it's simple maths.

The hard part wouldn't even be doing that but getting all 10 teams from 30+ people onto the table every week.

I'll consider it, but I'll have to do a test week first just to see how long it would take.

I think it's best to just stick to the normal fantasy league we do each season. Doing it this way would be interesting to see but keeping it going throughout the whole season may take its toll, as well as trying to keep people coming back for each gameweek. Having said that, I would try and take part each week 👍

Yay! Now the speeches, I will make this short as I wouldn't want to go off on some epic ramble thanking everyone including next doors dog, so.

First of all, thanks @Matty for running the show. Top work, it gave the World Cup a nice little bit of competitiveness.
Second, thanks to the rest of you for participating and keeping me on my toes.
Third, thanks to the wife, even though she didn't really have anything to do with my picks.

I will also would like to take this opportunity to say '**** you Iran', for nearly costing me the win.

*holds trophy aloft*
35.jpg
Now we know not to pick Iran for next WC, and as the GI Joes would say:
tumblr_static_7g56lv77v38kk4oggk8ooso8w.jpg

It was a good run series, shame I missed one of the early rounds otherwise I would of been right near the top of the standings but 16th isn't that bad considering how many people entered

The hard part wouldn't even be doing that but getting all 10 teams from 30+ people onto the table every week.

I'll consider it, but I'll have to do a test week first just to see how long it would take.
Well I think so the table isn't huge. Like your max was 4 teams whereas we'd be looking at 10 on an average weekend you could use the abbreviation. Manu, manc, liv, chel etc.

Like I said though if you do then I'll help out as much as I can. I often get an hour or so on a Sunday night to do whatever.

Okay so the team abbreviations would be as follows:​

o9QEdWV.png

Got a bit fancy with the crests but ah well.​

Tbh you could have it layed out like this.

Username-Previous Score-Round 10 score-Total Score

And leave a link to the sheet showing the picks(if that can be done without people being able to view the pick sheet for the following week), if you want to save on clutter.

For someone who wasn't fully aware of how strong each side was before the tournament, a 5th place sure was kinda impressive, right? :mischievous:

@Matty for the premier league, instead of doing all of the point system why not do something like this, for example.

Chelsea V Man Utd

- Chelsea
-Man utd
-Draw

if you select right you get 1 point. much more simpler and saves all the hassle. 10 games per week so 760 points up for grabs. Just a suggestion, If you need a hand give me a shout.

@Matty for the premier league, instead of doing all of the point system why not do something like this, for example.

Chelsea V Man Utd

- Chelsea
-Man utd
-Draw

if you select right you get 1 point. much more simpler and saves all the hassle. 10 games per week so 760 points up for grabs. Just a suggestion, If you need a hand give me a shout.

I'm thinking along those lines. For example, you pick who you think will win, if right you get 3 points, if wrong you get 0 but if it's a draw everybody gets 1 for it.

So with that, its possible to get a max of 3 x 10 x 38 = 1140 should there not be a single drawn game in the league. Anyway max 3 points per game and 10 games a week.

Over the course of a season I think that would work. Obviously it wouldn't for the WC as it was knock out and you didn't have to perform well to go through. Whereas you can't underperform all season and still do good so I think it would even out by 80% possession yet lost 1-0.

yeah, seems the way to go
can you post the link when it's up please

Will be a few weeks yet, want to have everything ready to go before I post anything. As of yet, I have barely anything done.

Back