Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 475 comments
Austria
Austria
TOYOTA GAZOO Racing (TGR) announces that it will enter e-motorsports with the launch of GR Supra GT Cup for PlayStation®*14 (PS4®).
The Gran Turismo Sport that is the first global one-make race, starts in April 2019. As part of our e-motorsports activities, we also will become an official partner of the FIA-certified Gran Turismo Championships, an online championship for the Gran Turismo real driving simulator series that is hosted in partnership with the FIA (the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile).

https://toyotagazooracing.com/release/2019/e-motorsports/0315-01.html

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3547515.html

001.jpg

D1tJe9CXcAA8heW.jpg

TOYOTA & Gran Turismo Trackside Talk (16.03.2019)

Last edited:
Excited for this, since the one-make road car events are about the only races I participate and can consistently do well in in the FIA Exhibition seasons, and I imagine that will be at least a chunk of the schedule for this championship (along with one make Supra Gr.3 and Gr.4 races).

It's amazing to me that they would choose this car given the way it handles (I know they have to due to the marketing theme but it feels like marketing didnt talk with the guys responsible for the way the car handles in the game).

Driven it a fair bit stock and with a HSG tune that supposed to increase rear grip but it doesnt do it enough.

So unless they allow GT6 style dodginess like SS front, RH rears then expect to see a lot of amusing driving.

Great. It's one-make so we don't have to worry about the draft/lottery problems in previous Nations Cup events. The final is at a place I really enjoyed last year and would be happy to return to. And the FAQ goes out of it's way to say that DS4's will be permitted, so there's a much lower chance that they would ban it at the live event. I'm definitely going to compete in this one, and it may become my main focus this year depending on the format of championships and whether or not they will allow DS4's at their live event finals.

I'm still thinking about how great this is. It'll be a nice step up from the Toyota 86/BRZ Series. Wonder if Toyota will do a real life Supra Series(even though this probably costs less to do).

The alfa new car thing was spread towards all places

people were asking when it would be in the game on todays stream lmao

Thanks! How did they do that? It looks like it is in the game, and I can definitely tell when something is fake.
Though the text is a bit off.

Look at the roof scoop and front bumper. It’s the 4C Gr.3. They just screenshotted it and with some trick photoshop threw the Giulia headlights on there and edited the text. I could have made this in less than an hour.

Latest Posts

Back