Official Toyota GR Supra GT Cup Launches April 2019

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 475 comments
According to FIA regulations, the lead car has control. Down a straight, the lead car must choose a lane before the braking zone. Changing your line just before the braking zone is condsidered illegal blocking. If you had to lift when he crossed to the outside, he was clearly blocking and switched his line late. There are specific distance rules if you look into it but racing etiquette seems to be getting worse with the popularity of everyone watching the World Tour events and everyone wanting to race in one.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'm of the same opinion on the driving standards, mine aren't always great but I try, we seem to be in a period of 'if the game (life) let's me get away with something, its fair game',
Oh well 👍

Agreed. I prefer private leagues on GTPlanet compared to the F.I.A. and Daily Race stuff. Quite often, you can get a full lobby of like minded race fans who cherish etiquette as much as being competitive. We make each other better simulation racers by learning to adjust lines and give racing room. I'd recommend RlNSKY's. Gr. 4 series or Whiteflight1's Gr. 3 series. There are also some really good Super Formula groups.

Round 11 at Monza.
... I honestly found it to be a snooze-fest. In my perspective:

-I don't die on T1, Lap 1.
-I get passed, fall from 8th to 9th.
-Part of lap 2, I battle it with 9th, but since it looks like he is on a faster no-stop strat, I let him pass, and we work together to catch up to 8th place.
-We work together from lap 2 to lap 5.25
-10th place comes in out of nowhere for a crazy clean pass.

E: I don't even know who (in terms of position) I was working with, so that tells you how forgettable this race was.

... and that's the race. It was like if I was being told a bedtime story, so goodnight, people.

Hi there all! May I ask a question please? For the Supra Cup in the website of Toyota Gazoo Racing says:

A total of 24 top drivers will be selected from among the five FIA Gran Turismo Championship Regions; drivers will be ranked according to their best five finishes in Rounds 1 to 13.

So that means your position in national standings in your country not important only regional standings position will count right?

I am the leader in my country but in region my position is 702.

vcx
Hi there all! May I ask a question please? For the Supra Cup in the website of Toyota Gazoo Racing says:

A total of 24 top drivers will be selected from among the five FIA Gran Turismo Championship Regions; drivers will be ranked according to their best five finishes in Rounds 1 to 13.

So that means your position in national standings in your country not important only regional standings position will count right?

I am the leader in my country but in region my position is 702.
Only regional standings; that's what PD/Gazoo Racing is looking for.

4E1A70AC-9C23-4465-9918-BF144BA1B68C.jpeg
I took spoon with way too much style on lap 1. Nearly span but recovered to take 2nd place.

Last edited:
Had a go because Suzuka is an awesome track, qualified 4th, stayed in fourthfor most of the first two laps, approaching exiting 130R on lap 2, the lads got a little bit twitchy, the guy in 5th got rear ended sending him into missile mode, he bounced of the barrier and span across the chicane, picked up a 0.5s penalty for his woes, I avoided him through the chicane and got a 1s penalty for track limits and the guy who started it all got nothing, I dropped to seventh after serving the penalty and finished seventh.

All Hail Suzuka

Okish qualy lap, couldve improved at least 2 tenths if I don't bottle the last chicane. On the race I struggled to use the right fuel saving strat, was clearly lapping too slow on the first half of the race, second half was better.

Had a really good qualifier though I was a second off of the pre-race qualifying time I had set. As much as I tried, I couldn't manage to crack the 2.23.999 barrier and my best was a 2.24.25. Ran a 2.25.25 in the ten minute qualifier for pole then finished for 1,400 points. Heck of a final lap charge from MrWilso, great race.

Hello my friends! The Cup is coming to the end soon. The last race as you know will be at Nürburgring 24H.

How is your trainings? Are you at the top of the standings or just racing for fun? What is your aim? Please share your feelings..I wish you all the best before the last race!

Qualified 7th, first turn, punted, left the first turn in last.

That sums up the whole Supra cup for me, has been awful, good riddance.

Qualified 8th, 9 seconds behind P1. How they get that kind of speed out of this thing I have no idea. Basically hung out there for a lap, lap and a half until a couple behind me caught and passed. Pretty much everyone pitted coming to the last lap, I stayed out. Ran map 2 for the first lap of the GP circuit then went to map 3 for the rest, until the last lap when it said I had .8 laps left coming to the white flag. Switched to map 4 and made it across the line in 9th with 1% fuel remaining. So it went about how I expected.

Now that this series is over, I have to say. Their plan of making people stretch the fuel/tires for every race was not what this series should have been about. Should have been the stock car, with maybe 3-4x tire and fuel wear, and a 10-15 minute race. The whole thing was about fuel/tire strategy and that made it downright terrible. I had fun in maybe 1-2 of the races where fuel wasn't a factor and actually had speed to pull out a win. Aside from that, meh.

Qualified 8th, 9 seconds behind P1. How they get that kind of speed out of this thing I have no idea. Basically hung out there for a lap, lap and a half until a couple behind me caught and passed. Pretty much everyone pitted coming to the last lap, I stayed out. Ran map 2 for the first lap of the GP circuit then went to map 3 for the rest, until the last lap when it said I had .8 laps left coming to the white flag. Switched to map 4 and made it across the line in 9th with 1% fuel remaining. So it went about how I expected.

Now that this series is over, I have to say. Their plan of making people stretch the fuel/tires for every race was not what this series should have been about. Should have been the stock car, with maybe 3-4x tire and fuel wear, and a 10-15 minute race. The whole thing was about fuel/tire strategy and that made it downright terrible. I had fun in maybe 1-2 of the races where fuel wasn't a factor and actually had speed to pull out a win. Aside from that, meh.

Same, the fuel mileage ruined this whole event. It could’ve been great, but PD managed to fall short of the potential of it once again. I also only enjoyed one or two of the races, and barely even participated in the second half of the season. The car was really fun to drive once they updated the physics as well.

I ran fuel map 3 the entire first two laps of this one anticipating not pitting, had 1.1 laps left coming to the white flag but saw everyone else go in so figured I might as well and just took a splash and ended up climbing from 13th to 12th because of it.

Started 5th, finished 6th.

I lost it 2-3 times, due to either braking just barely too late, or the car deciding that it wanted to cosplay as the Viper Gr. 3, 4 and understeer into the grass.
Luckily, of those incidents, I only got passed once. That person ended up getting shortcut penalties, so I was able to regain that position...
... until one of my racing buddies decided to pass me at the back straight. :lol: I honestly thought we were gonna kill each other, but surprisingly, we didn't. He got the pass done before the slow down area at the very end. Still happy with the result.

-

As for the series itself: It was an emotional roller coaster. Fun, stressful, anxiety-inducing (/COUGH/ Tokyo Expressway...). I think what made this series have some meaning to me was how I thought I'd do just "okay," only to see myself doing a lot better than I expected.
Rounds like N24 and Willow Springs were the most exciting for me, as we had to pit. Except for Ebrahim on Willow; that mad lad did the no-stop and nearly pulled it off!

Going forward, I would definitely love if we have races where we can really fight each other and have to pit. I really hoped that would be the case for Monza, but that was a no-stopper, and was a huge snooze-fest.
In the end, I'm still happy I took part in this series, and that Mr. Burdock dragged my butt back in when I nearly quit.

And we fought for 5th at the very end of N24, so that was a nice way to end the series. :]

E: 13th in North America!

Burdock_MCA.jpg

Last edited:
20190907_174146.jpg 20190907_174239.jpg
Lost pole because of a .5 penalty and was still just barely a tenth off pole.
Lost 2nd on the first lap due to a really anxious driver i just let him by and tailed him.
Managed to save my tires a bit and took 2nd and 1st by lap 2, pitted with a 6 second advantage and won by 8 seconds.
No fuel savings fyi either.
2nd Victory of the season and nice to go out on a Victory.
Definitely was in a slightly lower tier room as my last Victory was 1700 points.
Top 20 in ranking for North America 14th in the US:cheers:
20190907_183844.jpg
And a small celebration too

Last edited:
I think the fuel mileage aspect makes it interesting and different to be honest. Straight up racing is already the bread & butter in daily races and the other FIA series anyway. It's good to mix things up a little. I had a shaky start but after watching Hizal's race at Bathurst where he was changing fuel mix every corner I was inspired to try the same. Turns out I'm pretty good at it and the fact that participation rates have been dropping in Oceania I got my best ever final rank at 7th place :D I made a crazy push in the last few races (all my best 5 scores are from round 7 onwards) to get into top 5 as I thought that's the qualifying cutoff (based on the 24 drivers from 5 regions blurb), but from the Gazoo website it seems only 2 Oceania players can qualify. So it's all for nought anyways :lol: Still had lots of fun and I'll miss being able to race door to door amongst aliens regularly.

The last race was a huge mess for me. I qualified 6th only 6 seconds from Makozi. Initially I was going to do a 1 stop but couldn't get past the 5th place no-stopper on the GP Circuit so converted to a no stop on the fly. Then I ran wide on my own at the hairpin on Schwedenkreuz and dropped to 11th. Fought my way back like hell to 7th, only to almost drop it on the last chicane, got a bump from behind, did a half spin, recovered and had a drag race to the line only for the race to time out just a millisecond before getting passed by 8th. Holy crap :lol: Way too much excitement even before the final FIA races. Despite the comeback it was one of the messiest races I've had and I hope Jimmy doesn't pick on me too much on the livestream, so embarrassing lol :P

I think the fuel mileage aspect makes it interesting and different to be honest. Straight up racing is already the bread & butter in daily races and the other FIA series anyway. It's good to mix things up a little.
I agree to a point, but I don't think this series was the place for it.

I like the fuel mileage sometimes, but not for every single race. It’s like last year’s FIA races were also fuel mileage-based but you still had to pit. Then this year they swung the other way with the tires. I don’t know why it can’t be a mix.

I have finished the last race and season ended. I am the Champion in Turkey. On the other hand, my regional position is 623.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190907235049.jpg
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20190907235049.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 12

Latest Posts

Back