Those summer nights have ended!PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 192 comments
i bet they go round corners like they are on rails!
That's exactly what we need for close racing, none of this crashing malarkey, so I'm thinking of using them in the next series.

Get some training in because diesel be fast.

I'm sorry, I was going to run some more test races during the week but didn't get around to it. But what I have got around to is sorting out a track list and that's now posted up on page 1. Also take a look at the text again because it's been updated a little.

Since this idea already seems popular I've extended it by 2 races and made it a 8 week series. I also couldn't decide which tracks to leave out so that played it's part to. There's quite a good mix of tracks that both suit the cars and have differing lighting conditions. Plus there's a few we haven't used before. :)

I've also given it a little more consideration and tweaked the format just slightly. But the main gist is that the races are now 10 minutes in length except the middle race which will be 15 minutes. There are a couple of reasons for that...

I was originally going to leave every race at one set time during the night, it would have made it very easy for myself. But I like to fiddle and thought I could do something quite simple. It wasn't. It involves 40 permutations since most tracks are either different in latitude (for sunset and sunrise) or use differing lighting models. Or both! So now each race at each track will have it's own set time during the evening/night. There's no two the same! Enjoy, I hope.

Anyway back to the BMWs. I must get some practice in just to remind myself the V12 LMR is not a rally car!

Today we have the bigest racing event of year in Lithuania - annual 1000 km race.
Interesting. It's a road race with GT cars - and refueling in petrol stations I saw!. Is it just the 1 track layout or are there variations.

I watched it for a while (until the streaming stopped for some reason) and yes it looked very hot! It's not like they have air conditioning either.

Spoiler: The series after these rally cars might involve multi class GT cars. Might.

Interesting. It's a road race with GT cars - and refueling in petrol stations I saw!. Is it just the 1 track layout or are there variations.

I watched it for a while (until the streaming stopped for some reason) and yes it looked very hot! It's not like they have air conditioning either.

Spoiler: The series after these rally cars might involve multi class GT cars. Might.
Race is going on usual road way. Of course it is closed for casual drivers at race weekend.
It's a 22'th race and layout was changed a bit few times.

And of course the is no cooling so you can imagine what temperature inside the cars. It is a multiclass race, so accidens happens every year when faster cars lapping slower.

Sim racing is very like that. Very realistic then. :)

It worked for a little bit for me, then stopped. I think I must have broken it. Internationally!
It was tv broadcasting link (for some reassons it didn't work with chrome, but worked with edge for me). You can watch on youtube, enter "aurum 1006 km 2021" - there are different streams from tv cams, cars

Last edited:
Very interesting, looks like a great event!

30° in Lithuania, monsoon-like rain in Germany ... crazy times, the North having it hotter and rainier -tropical weather really - then us here down in the southwest (for the moment at least)

It's currently 28° here in sunny Shropshire. And that's in the shade up my driveway! Those summer nights are thankfully a little cooler.

We also have the 1st F1 Silverstone Sprint race this afternoon.
I don't follow F1 so I didn't know about this innovation. Interesting. Should be exciting.
You can watch on youtube, enter "aurum 1006 km 2021" -
This worked (or was working)

Funny to see cars just driving normally on the other carriageway.

Very interesting, looks like a great event!

30° in Lithuania, monsoon-like rain in Germany ... crazy times, the North having it hotter and rainier -tropical weather really - then us here down in the southwest (for the moment at least)
We have just had tropical storm, but I live 300 km away from race place. It would be extra challenge :)

"But Oh, Those SUMMERRRR NIIIIGHTSSS"
(A car series that runs on Grease)
View attachment 1066283
"Tell me more, tell me more. Like do we have a car?"
Well-a well-a well I will then

(Starting soon)
On Mondays @ 8pm (UK) for a few weeks over the summer period I'm going to be running a short series that won't be anything too serious so it doesn't matter if summer holidays get in the way. Hopefully it will be fun though.

And it's going to involve all the Group B cars in PC2. Might as well get to use some of the cars from the fun pack now everyone has it.

So that's the Ford RS200
View attachment 1066285

The Renault 5 Maxi Turbo
View attachment 1066284

And the Audi S1 Quattro
View attachment 1066282

They each have their quirks due to their various drivetrains and may suit some tracks more than others.
(It's probably best to select the circuit/tarmac default settings for all)

The Ford is probably the fastest overall.
The Renault is not too much slower but is slightly harder to control.
The Audi is the slowest* but is probably easiest to control.

*That's mainly down to its longer gears, so on some tracks it holds its own.

There will be an initial 5 minute practice period before race 1 to allow for late comers to join and those with internet problems the chance to rejoin.
Then each week there will be five races. 4 of 10 minutes duration with the middle race of the evening (race 3) being 15 minutes
All will have random grids (no qualification).

(Here's the slight handicap system I've mentioned previously)
For each race you can choose any of the cars.
But if you finish on the podium (1st, 2nd or 3rd)
you can not use that same car again during the meeting.
The exception to this is if you finish on the podium in each of the cars it is reset and you can choose from all again.

And those summer nights?
Every race will be set in fine summer weather, but at differing times during the night.
Don't worry though, just look at all those lights fitted to the beasts. They really work a treat.
(Damage will be off so that you don't loose the benefit of those headlights!)
Some of the track and time choices won't be that dark anyway.

Since we'll be swapping and changing don't worry about colour choices and numbers.
For variety just try to pick a different livery to everyone else in each race - although you'll find that's tricky in the Audi.

Track List.
Azure Circuit (Montecarlo)
Indianapolis Motor Speedway - road coarse
Rouen Les Essarts - Short
Sonoma Raceway - National
C.O.T.A - National
Bannochbrae
Zolder
Long Beach

Basic Settings
Default setup (tuning prohibited)
Private - Invite only
Grid 16 slots
Standing Start
Wait for race ready - On

Rules & Penalties - On
Track Limit Penalties - Off
Drive Through Penalties - Off
Pit Exit Penalty - Off
Competitive Racing License - Off

Conditions
During summer at night in the dry.

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
Force Interior view - No
Force Driving Line Off - No
Force Default Setups - Yes
Force Manual Gears - No
Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - Yes
Allow Traction Control - Yes
Allow Stability Control - No
Damage Type - Off
Mechanical Failures - No
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - Yes
Force Manual Pit stops - No
Pit Stop Errors - No
Tire Wear - Off
Fuel Depletion - Off
Force cool down Lap - No

I'll add the usual suspects below. On a good day there are 16 of us but there's often a spot or two so new drivers are always welcome when there is space.

@AndreasR
@beachboy6658
@Don Mejillone
@half_sourly
@John Wells
@Hun200kmh
@IfAndOr
@Maxmusmonster
@Napalm_LT
@Oldbass47
@Pantheons

raeggee
@richroo
@Saltyjoe90
@xeronima
@Zolon32

Reserves
@GTP_RPREGO
@Adrian_38 ?
Hi , I'll compete in the rallycross or should we say rally cars series Grease. Couldn't stand the film either. I,know I sound like an old moaning so & so. But just saying I won't be looking forward to the series But will happily make the numbers up.

But just saying I won't be looking forward to the series
Glad you can make it. Hopefully you might be surprised and enjoy the series. It's only meant to be a bit of fun, nothing too serious, and the cars are actually quite fun when you've got used to them.. We'll be back to the serious stuff afterwards. 👍
I know I sound like an old moaning so & so
Absolutely nothing wrong with a good bit of moaning. Or being old. And I wouldn't call you a so & so. 😉

And actually, I've never seen the film! It's not my sort of thing.

Paul, did a quick race with the Renault 5 at the Monaco/Azure circuit and I suggest you turn track limits to ON at least for this race. Corner 1, chicane after the tunnel, pool area ... they're all tricky and there's nothing there to upset the cars if you get a litle lenient on how to tackle those corners. And just a litle lenient (even if all mistakes are honest) means seconds per lap, not tenths

Last edited:
I suggest you turn track limits to ON at least for this race. Corner 1, chicane after the tunnel, pool area ...
The trouble then is that drivers would probably be plagued by "slow down" penalties which would distract from the fun aspect of the racing. The 1st corner is a bit rubbish on this version of the track and I really don't mind if everyone cuts it on the inside. It'd actually help with the racing. The other 2 you mentioned? I'd like everyone to at least try and observe them but due to the nature of this series, and indeed the cars, I'm not going to come down on the occasional off track transgression :-)

I'll repeat the above information nearer to the race. Although having the use of the mic will help with this ;-)

Race for one of the teams was realy hot yesterday...

Gaisras.jpg

Hello finally got back on ...
technology breakdown... would have sent a letter but think the post is on strike ...

Back