Those summer nights have ended!PS4 

• Thread starter IfAndOr
  • 192 comments
@IfAndOr will the scoring system be as usual?
  • 1 point for last and +1 every higher position;
  • 1 point for FL but max 1 FL point per round per driver.

• 1 point for last and +1 every higher position;
  • 1 point for FL but max 1 FL point per round per driver
Don't bother with the fastest lap, it's not that sort of serious a series. ;)
I will still do the leader-boards, but with delay.
👍 But don't worry if you can't, it's not that serious. :)

This is going to be a tricky race.. accidents guaranteed!
Don't worry about accidents too much, it's not that serious. :D
I thought I'd get Monaco out of the way first. And on that point...

Since the track limits are off. You have my full permission to ignore the 1st corner limit - take it on the inside of the (strange) rumble strip. And bypass both of the chicanes - after the tunnel and by the pool.
I've tried this out and as well as making it safer it also makes it much more fun.

Also reminder that mics can/will be used for this series (it's not that serious©). But remember there may be some who are not listening through headphones so may not welcome expletives coming though their lounge TV! Keep it clean - as you can.

I don't think your voice is heard in live streams unless you enable that option (somewhere in the PS system , never looked for it).

I know we can hear Rich in his streams but believe me I have cursed before, told my kids to bugger off so I could focus, kindly asked my wife if whatever pressing issue she had to talk to me during a race could be handled AFTER ... and none of that was heard in my streams.

So, Rich ... YOU be careful! :D

ive picked my car, if anyone copies me, im suing.
You're going to make a tidy bit of money from the Audi then.

You've reminded me, I must mention the un-limits in the PSN messages. Plus there's always the mic to get the message around.

Will be so funny when the person who doesnt read the new 'track unlimits' starts the race, zolon anyone? shhhh
So, this is what goes on while I'm away securing peace in the middle east (Of Lincolnshire).

Actually fellas, although I think that Monaco will be way better with Paul's sensible mods, I can't be there tonight. The Mrs has dropped the fact that one of our old neighbours has her birthday today, and we're expected round there for some banter and beer.

Very sorry about that, but relieved that the fact that I cannot drive that damn Ford at all won't become evident until next week (when I'll be starting as the plucky underdog :))

Results from Cote Azure

Race 1 and 2
CoteAzure Race 1 and 2.jpg

Race 3 and 4
CoteAzure Race 3 and 4.jpg

Race 5
CoteAzure Race 5.jpg

@Oldbass47 I have no idea, was in front of the pack but in reality yesterday I will guess we all had messy moments, the armco had this glue and when your were turned or stuck it was really difficult to get out of it. Plus, with all the traffic in such a small, narrow, twisty track, if you get in trouble most probably you'll go all the way down in the order before you can get the car pointong forward.

Case in point, my first race. I was in the front group, Rich messed up in front of me at the hairpin, bumped into him, was left there facing the wall. Bam, ended the race 11th :ouch:

EDIT - I've just seen Rich's pov video, apparently my failing memory is mixing facts from 1st and 2nd races and combining them. But whatever, you get my point (My PSN handle should be Oldbrain ... :dopey: )

Last edited:
Well we got that out of the way! I wasn't sure whether to include Monaco but it looks so nice at night that it stayed in. I hope its inclusion hasn't put you all off. 🤪

It was a bit chaotic* at times, we all had our moments. But I'd say that was down to the nature of that track more so than the cars, although they are a little wild. Next week at Indy will be a completely different experience with it's wider, longer sections. I've tried to mix up the tracks to give some variety - and to separate the cars.

* including the initial setup problems! I also realised afterwards that it was all set to the wrong date, a month out. So that's why the sun was a bit in your face. Must try harder. I'll get the hang of running these championships sometime!

Last edited:
Last week I relaxed the track limits to prevent possible problems. This week at Indy I'll do the same - but only partly.

The 1st corner after the pit straight can be cut on the inside if required.

I think the differing braking abilities of the cars may cause contact there, especially on the early laps. So since there are no pitstops we might as well make use of the pit exit lane.

There are another couple of corners that could also be cut but I'd like everyone to stick to the normal limits there if possible. Obviously out of limit moments due to errors and avoidances are OK.

Track History Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Well, I for one am looking forward to racing at "the world's greatest center of horseless carriage manufacture". Was getting bored of racing horses in red dead redemption. Wonder what Fisher would have made of these group B cars.

Well, I for one am looking forward to racing at "the world's greatest center of horseless carriage manufacture". Was getting bored of racing horses in red dead redemption. Wonder what Fisher would have made of these group B cars
Imagined it packed Joe, for 500 race.

Back