Oil changes need some modification

United States
West Virginia
HBR-Roadhog
HBR Roadhog
I would imagine that I am not the only one who finds it a bit tedious having to go to Gt Auto to change the oil in each car and probably not the only one who would like to see some additional options related to this feature.

In career mode it is no big deal, You get in the car, change the oil and off you go, possibly change it again before you go to the garage to get another car.

Where it starts to become a problem is when you buy several cars at once or when you are racing online. If you forgot to change your oil before joining the lobby or if you are starting to build up some miles on the car then in order to recover the HP you need to exit the lobby and go to GT auto to get an oil change which is a major hassle for everyone.

I think we need 2 more options added into the game for oil changes

1: Allow the oil to be changed while in an online lobby
2: Allow the oil to be changed on multiple cars at once while in the garage area by placing a check mark next to each car you want to change the oil in and then be charged accordingly.

This would be so much more user friendly than the current way you have to do it and I would think it should be a simple thing to add to the game.

What do you guys think about this idea?

While your recommendations are fine and good, it was the same way in GT5. It may have even been in GT4, but I don't remember all the finer details enough to confirm.

It doesn't make it right, but at least it is consistent. I liked that I knew how the Oil Changes worked in GT6 and I have grown to enjoy the "labor of love" involved with each individual car.

My only complaint is that apparently you can change the oil multiple times in a row with no notification of when it was last changed. In GT5 it wouldn't allow you to do it, prompting a message that you didn't need an oil change.

While your recommendations are fine and good, it was the same way in GT5. It may have even been in GT4, but I don't remember all the finer details enough to confirm.

It doesn't make it right, but at least it is consistent. I liked that I knew how the Oil Changes worked in GT6 and I have grown to enjoy the "labor of love" involved with each individual car.

My only complaint is that apparently you can change the oil multiple times in a row with no notification of when it was last changed. In GT5 it wouldn't allow you to do it, prompting a message that you didn't need an oil change.
You can never change the oil on your beloved car too many times :P

Yes, it was the same in GT4 and GT3 IIRC. It always annoyed me with that stupid animation.

The problem is there though. I have over 260 cars in my garage right now and about 200 of them have not yet had an oil change. Do you know how much of a pain it is to have to go to the garage, get in the car leave the garage go to the pit service change the oil go back to the garage and repeat 200 times !?
This could be done with a single click rather than wasting 30 minutes getting in and out of cars.

They did stream line the dealerships which is very good but the oil change counter acts that. If I want to say buy 10 cars at once I can do so now quicker than before but I still have to get in each and every one of them 1 at a time and take them to the pit service to have the oil changed.

I find it hard to imagine that anyone would not think this would be a good addition to the game. If I were working on it it would already be there for sure.

Also note that I'm not saying that what is there should be removed I just think we need something more in this area. At the very least we definitely need to be able to change the oil in an online lobby and that would make things much better.

Yes it was this way in GT4 and 5. It was a non issue in 4. It was a big issue in 5 once online racing was added. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "Hang on I have to go change my oil real quick"

The problem is there though. I have over 260 cars in my garage right now and about 200 of them have not yet had an oil change. Do you know how much of a pain it is to have to go to the garage, get in the car leave the garage go to the pit service change the oil go back to the garage and repeat 200 times !?
This could be done with a single click rather than wasting 30 minutes getting in and out of cars.

They did stream line the dealerships which is very good but the oil change counter acts that. If I want to say buy 10 cars at once I can do so now quicker than before but I still have to get in each and every one of them 1 at a time and take them to the pit service to have the oil changed.

I find it hard to imagine that anyone would not think this would be a good addition to the game. If I were working on it it would already be there for sure.

Also note that I'm not saying that what is there should be removed I just think we need something more in this area. At the very least we definitely need to be able to change the oil in an online lobby and that would make things much better.

Yes it was this way in GT4 and 5. It was a non issue in 4. It was a big issue in 5 once online racing was added. I can't tell you how many times I have heard "Hang on I have to go change my oil real quick"

While in GT Auto you can press start to pull up a menu that will allow you to change cars without leaving the oil change screen. It's not a perfect solution, but it's better then leaving, going back to the garage, changing cars, and going back to GT auto to do the oil change.

Since GT5 I`m thinking: Why can`t I upgrade my car with one click (all upgrades incl. all tires/tyres etc.)?
For some that would be useful but for most of us and on most cars we would not want to buy everything. It would be pretty expensive and you would end up with lots of parts that you would not be using so that would not really be very helpful.

If it were to buy the best of everything it would make more sense but very few would want to buy Stage 1, Stage 2 and Stage 3 parts for all their cars as only one of those will be in use on the car at any given time. Though it you want to do 3 different PP settings it is possible that you make make use of them all. In most cases you would not

When I read the title of the OP I thought to myself, "He should've bought Castrol GTX..." :D

Yeah, overall my biggest issue is not being able to change it during online racing, or being able to change oil (modifying overall) for multiple cars at once. As if motor oil was this rare item that has never been seen in the race pits....

also I know you get a slight hp bump from changing the oil in a new car but I just never do it. I change the oil when it goes bad for the first time.

I just want the ability to make oil changes online without having to leave the lobby. As it is, it is an awfully silly game mechanic.

Also they took away the actual bhp gain you get from doing the change, my oil was still showing green but my bhp was lower than it should have been so now I never know where I am with it!

I get no satisfaction from oil changes or chassis refresh. They only cause time wasted. Even though some of it is realistic I still see no point. Its a video game not real life. I would rather be driving.

I wish they let you change oil as you're driving. Sort of like refueling a plane while in the air.
That would be best...

here's a novel idea, why dont you change the oil when you actually intend to drive that car? what's the point of changing the oil just to immediately park it?

I only get annoyed by that when i´m hosting some room, and i have to leave because my car needs an oil change, other than that it doesn´t bore me at all.

here's a novel idea, why dont you change the oil when you actually intend to drive that car? what's the point of changing the oil just to immediately park it?

When you're in a lobby and cars are a spur of the moment sort of thing, you would have to leave the lobby, change oil, find the lobby, do it all over again with next car for next race.
This is the basis for this whole thread.

IRL I change my oil in my garage, not down the street at some shop. Actually, I've been known to change it wherever the car was whenever it needed it. Parking lot, friends house, Autozone's lot, wherever. It just takes a catch pan and a wrench. And it certainly doesn't cost 250 cr. And I know my hp doesn't increase that much either. That's why we change it first, for the HP, right? It's is a quirky thing this GT oil change bit.

Back