• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 199 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
I'm throwing down a guantlet and sticking my money where my mouth is.

In GT3 there were a slew of excellent videos. So many members that could put together a fantastic video and really showcase the skills apparent here. I haven't seen that from the GT4 forum yet. In fact, I've seen many don't even come up to par. And I know that you can do it

So here's the challenge.

I'm going to pony up the cash for someone here to upgrade to GTPremium for three months. Update on Prizes, In addition to the three months, I've cooked up a special honor for the winner. No announcement yet, that'll come when final judging begins. Second place gets one month of GTPremium. Last place gets banned (just kidding...)

The Guidelines on the Challenge:
Vehicle: Any car under 450hp.
Track: Tsukuba Circuit
Tires: Open choice
Movie Style: Open Choice
Max File size: 21 megabytes
Final Submittal: April 22nd

I'd like have a list of participants, but it's not necessary. The entrants need only PM me a link before the deadline to where they've uploaded their video. After the deadline, I'll download and critique each one, posting the Critique here. I'll select the final 3 and host them on my site. We as a whole will vote and select the best one.

I'll add answers and Clarifications as we go along.

Clarification #1.1: If the winning member is already a Premium member, I can either pay for an additional three months for them, or they can elect to pass the award on to the second place winner. I'll also add in a second place award of one month of GTpremium (if the first place award gets passed down, second place does as well).

Clarification #1.2: Any video that is submitted, must have no identifying marks whatsoever. When submitting, I'll tag it with a number, and associate that with the member submitting. Those numbers will be known to only me. After the competition, and the winner is selected, the other people submitting may release their video. Any video released before the selection, will be disqualified.

I will be fair and impartial, but since I'm ponying up the cash, I reserve the right to reject any video for whatever reason. :D

Consider the Gauntlet thrown.

AO

Excellent idea AO, we needed a good challenge to get things rolling around here. I think the fact that GT4 is so different from GT3 and the fact that some of our PAL friends(that happen to be some of our best drifters) just got the game. So, there's certain to be a bit of lag time in there.

Nonetheless, this is a great way to prime the pump! Not to mention the 3 free months of GTP Premium. That's more then enough incentive! :cool:

apexd1fd3s
I knew a challenge was going to appear sooner or later. Good choice on the track.
I wanted a track that was short enough, and had enough good turns to really show what we are capable of. I also figured this track was readily available even to all involved, plus it's not one that anyone of us has buckets of testing and work already done on it. In other words, most all of us are starting on an even playing field.

I know it's short notice for PAL users, but I highly doubt this will be the last one I do and this really is to showcase how good some of the dirfters are here at GTP.

AO

Der Alta
I know it's short notice for PAL users, but I highly doubt this will be the last one I do and this really is to showcase how good some of the dirfters are here at GTP.

I'm sure we understand your motive :) Looking foward to seeing some sick vids 👍

Oh sweet. Thanks for the super-long deadline, this will actually give me enough time to get some sick replays and visit my friend with the VCC! Get ready for some DORIFTU ACTION!

burnout060
Get ready for some DORIFTU ACTION!

lookin foward to it 👍 I don't think I'm ready to compete, hopefully this won't be the last competition. So i guess i'll be spectating this time :) Inspire me, fellas!

apexd1fd3s
lookin foward to it 👍 I don't think I'm ready to compete, hopefully this won't be the last competition. So i guess i'll be spectating this time :) Inspire me, fellas!

Pfft, I watched your Hydro-drifting video at least 5 times in the past week, I think you're ready for competition 👍

I guess the only question I have is, if the car has to be under 450 HP, is that engine HP or at the wheels? 'Cause my Sileighty is 451 HP, but only 444 HP at the wheels. So can I use that car?

If not, I don't really care, I'll just use my 420 HP S14 :sly:

I just wanted to suggest a few rule additions:

since we are going to vote on the winner, the videos should remain anonymous so that the voting is not swayed by the creator's identity

the lap timer should appear in the replay to prevent chopping multiple laps and presenting them as a single clean lap

TankSpanker

since we are going to vote on the winner, the videos should remain anonymous so that the voting is not swayed by the creator's identity

the lap timer should appear in the replay to prevent chopping multiple laps and presenting them as a single clean lap
Yeah, that's a good idea.

How about if we followed the rules made for the GTPDC? Here's the thread:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46608&highlight=GTPDC+rules

TankSpanker

Hm...

How can the videos stay anonymous? I'm not questioning the validity of your comments, just wondering how this would work.

burnout060
Hm...

How can the videos stay anonymous? I'm not questioning the validity of your comments, just wondering how this would work.
DA could make a list of participants and give each participant a number for them to put in their video ;)

TankSpanker

yea good suggestions for rules. I don't know what you mean by remaining anonymous though. As in when videos are being decided and viewed to the public, names of the creators won't be released till the announcement of the winner? In that i'm guessing to eliminate biase towards certain drifters? makes sense to me.. can u clear it up if i'm wrong, thanks :)

burnout060
Pfft, I watched your Hydro-drifting video at least 5 times in the past week, I think you're ready for competition 👍
glad you enjoyed the vid 👍 i'll think about it

Yep, that is what he meant. As people begin to post more interest in this, I'll be adding clarifications to it.

AO

That's a great idea for promoting the name that GTPlanet: GT4 drift section has got:tup: Maybe we could do this more:tup::)💡 Just for stimulation and sorta honor:D A thread where THE BEST OF THE BEST is brought up to people, and really stimulates them to make a even BETTER vids:D Just to push the limits, and for me it doesn't really matter what prize it is, the only thing that stimulates me now is a SERIOUS request for some serious quality vids.:D:tup:

Just like the Photo Mode Competition, but in ONE thread, instead of a new one every week.
This really brings me on an idea, and if DA doesn't change this in a regular competition, don't blame me for starting a similar thread:tup::sly:!! It may sound like I'm forcing you to change this, but I'm not, so if so, let me correct that: I'm really excited about pushing the limits this way:) If I would get some support from my mom, I can even start editing with Final Cut Pro, just to let you guys know I'm serious about it:tup: I haven't got a vid. capture card yet, but I'm already dreaming about making a dream vid:D

If DA will agree on my suggestion, I agree on the prize for this week, but let's make it prizeless the next, just honor. Let me now if you think this is a good idea:tup::)

G-T-4-Fan
If DA will agree on my suggestion, I agree on the prize for this week, but let's make it prizeless the next, just honor. Let me now if you think this is a good idea:tup::)

umm, the deadline is in about a month, not a week

i guess im gonna have to back down my challenge now :-( my replays are all corrupt on my memory card for some reason and i cant delete them and when i make a new replay it becomes corrupt

NK4e, there is no limit to who can join.

yes, in the future I'd like to see this on a more regualr occasion. I'm not sure if I'll pony up the cash each time, but certainly will host similar events in the near future. I'm hoping that the new incoming moderator will team up with someone and bring drift competitions to the board on a regular occasion.

In GT3, we hand many challenges between members and it always resulted in excellent replays.

AO

Der Alta
NK4e, there is no limit to who can join.

yes, in the future I'd like to see this on a more regualr occasion. I'm not sure if I'll pony up the cash each time, but certainly will host similar events in the near future. I'm hoping that the new incoming moderator will team up with someone and bring drift competitions to the board on a regular occasion.

In GT3, we hand many challenges between members and it always resulted in excellent replays.

AO
About that, I want to challenge some of the new members and their good drift clips, but this came up and I went "YAY!!!!!". ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back