Ok so GT4 is da bomb, but what other racing games should i be playing??

• Thread starter shaz_ff
  • 20 comments
i love playing gt4, but i have realalised that i dont own many other racing games. what games should i play, i prefer realism in my game so please dont recommend need for speed. i want something that will last for more then 5 mins and connot be completed by an infant:dunce:

and can all suggestions be for the ps2 please.

thanks!

i prefer realism in my game so please dont recommend need for speed. i want something that will last for more then 5 mins and connot be completed by an infant:dunce:

thanks!
GT3.

Why did you post in the GT4 forum asking for games other than GT4?

Moving to the PS2 forum....

Kaido Touge No Densetsu
C1 Racing Battle
Shutokou Battle 01
Toca Race Driver 2 or 3 or it's called Just Race driver in America
Ferrari F355 Challenge

I agree with Daan, GT3 is a must-play 👍
Read his and Famine's guide on how to make hybrids and it'll last you forever.
Such fun!

Simple and easy answer.

The best match to GT4 is Enthusia Professional Racing, take a look around the sub-forum we have here, lots of info and videos.

The best bit is you can pick it up very cheap now.

Regards

Scaff

BTW - It would also be greatly appreciated if you could try and use correct grammar and spelling as well, you did agree to when you joined.

TOS
Half decent grammar is expected. Use of capital letters starting sentences is looked upon favorably. Spelling half decently is also encouraged.

Race driver 3 is a reccomended buy imo as is EPR, as Scaff said it's the only thing on the PS2 that's on par with GT4. Is it just racing games your into?

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is a great game, I love driving the McLaren F1:drool:!
ATV: Off Road Fury1 and 2 Are also good games, that is if your in to quad games. I drive quads so I like games where you can even faster ones.
And Need for Speed: Most Wanted is a great game, and the cops are even better then in Hot Pursuit2 so you have more fun runing from them.:mischievous:

Those are games I have so I know what I'm talking about, really good games that are racing.

Enthusia Professional Racing is your best bet, followed by TOCA Race Driver 3 in a distant second place.

After that, there really isn't anything "realistic" for you to choose from. But if you can enjoy a fun, arcadey game, I whole-heartedly recommend Ridge Racer V (which is cheap enough these days to overlook its shortcomings), Burnout 2 or 3, and especially Outrun 2006.

Toca 3 is worth while for sure... the penalties can be annoying and sometimes the physics of being hit are similar to GT4 (in that you can hit someone and go flying off...and someone can hit you...and you go flying off).

Not tried Enthusia myself...though I'm selling F1 06 in order to get it.

Yeah.. the Need For Speed and Burnout series are good for a lot of fun... also try Midnight Club III (make sure it's III--DUB edition) or MC3 Remix, they are at least as good as NFSMW, but with more cars and some elements of deeper customization.

If you would like a sim racing game and if you can find it try LeMans 24 Hour.
It's a little old but it is fun to drive, has some good tracks, good cars and had
some things before GT4. One of them is when you pit to change your tires
their are guys changing your tires, plus when you use up some gas your car
will get lighter. Not a bad game if you can find it. I got mine at gamestop.

plus when you use up some gas your car
will get lighter.

doesn't this happen in gt4 too ?

sorry i cant offer much help unless you want to go a little retro. the only racing game i play besides gt4 is n4spd 1. i know its getting pretty old now but i still think its harder and more realistic than any of the other n4spd's plus its got every other game i've played beat hands down for the vehical infomation. those videos for each car are awesome. sounds pretty good too considering its age but the graphics are a little old school :yuck:

i love playing gt4, but i have realalised that i dont own many other racing games. what games should i play, i prefer realism in my game so please dont recommend need for speed. i want something that will last for more then 5 mins and connot be completed by an infant:dunce:

On the PS2, your choices have been laid out for you above. Make your own decisions about which one is better, since they all have problems.

GT3 & 4 (both no on-line or damage, except GT4 can use XLink; GT3 has a few tracks missing in GT4)
ToCA 2 & 3 (both have on-line & damage, off-line play has too much repetition; fun on-line)
Enthusia (no on-line or damage; some players like its physics, some don't)

The only one left out in this list is Evolution GT, which Valcon is about to released here in North America soon, only under another name (I'm trying to find out its new name). European players say it sucks, though.

Cheers,

MasterGT

What about the "test drive" series? I've been thinking about picking up "test drive unlimited" when it comes out. The idea of driving around Hawaii sounds interesting.

I have Test Drive Unlimited(for XBox 360), and it's alot of fun. It has a good
amount of cars and it's fun just driving around the island:).

thanks for all your help guys, i have now purchased toca race driver 3 off ebay for £15 brand new. i am also looking at enthusia pro racing.

i think toca will last me a while. im also thinking of getting a Logitech Driving Force Pro. should i get one new or will a used one be okay.

thanks for all your help guys, i have now purchased toca race driver 3 off ebay for £15 brand new. i am also looking at enthusia pro racing.

i think toca will last me a while. im also thinking of getting a Logitech Driving Force Pro. should i get one new or will a used one be okay.
Congrats on getting the only PS2 racing sim with on-line and damage. You can play and unlock about half of the game while playing on-line. It really helps to know the tracks before you go on-line, though.

Toca will keep you busy for quite some time.
You can get some extra ToCA 3 info here.

Not sure about getting a used Pro wheel, though, if someone is getting rid of one - that would not be a good sign. The pedals may need fixing or there might be other problems. New ones, in the US can be bought for less than $100US, plus you will get a very important (for the Pro) warranty. Pedals may need replacing.

Have fun with ToCA - a good game.

Cheers,

MasterGT

If you want the best realism possible, stick with the GT series or alternatively, try Enthusia.

If you want to see how much fun you can handle, the Burnout series is the way to go, especially since the games are extremely cheap yet still offer extensive gameplay.

If you want something around all those areas, try V8 Supercars 3. It's an absolute blast.

Regards, GT Pro.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 is a great game, I love driving the McLaren F1:drool:!
ATV: Off Road Fury1 and 2 Are also good games, that is if your in to quad games. I drive quads so I like games where you can even faster ones.
And Need for Speed: Most Wanted is a great game, and the cops are even better then in Hot Pursuit2 so you have more fun runing from them.:mischievous:

Those are games I have so I know what I'm talking about, really good games that are racing.
I bet you didn't read the thread:indiff: .

Enthusia is the closest realistic game besides GT4. It has great physics and the DFP is compatible.

Back