****Old Muscle Car Madness Championship****

• Thread starter reefer
  • 431 comments
Hi guys

I'm not going to make it this evening. Out for dinner with the wife but restaurant booked at 9. Might be finished in time but I'll definitely not be fit for racing unless it's demolition derby??:dopey:

Sorry for late message Joe.

Have fun with the mercury dash!

:cheers:

Router reset, cache 'cleaned' and room opened. If anyone feels the lag is too bad tonight then please say (even during the race).

Brilliant racing tonight. 👍
Lots of battles with tooma, Jocke, If, fad and rich. :scared:

Apologies for my erratic driving. I know I pinched off tooma 1st race as well as cutting across rich in the second. :dunce:
Also guilty of braking too early at times which caused issues behind me.

However still had a great time and didn't ruin the racing completely!

Brilliant racing with you all and brilliant championship Joe. :cool:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Took the car for a few spins today. 2.2 Turbo motor making an earth-shattering 96 hp. The turbo spooled up hilariously loudly whenever you pushed the throttle in more than about a third. It also had 20 year old tires and brakes that haven't been maintained since it came out of storage.

Attended my first car show as a participant also, no Cougars there unfortunately though, don't see them very often.

View attachment 582170 View attachment 582167 View attachment 582168
View attachment 582169

Took the car for a few spins today. 2.2 Turbo motor making an earth-shattering 96 hp. The turbo spooled up hilariously loudly whenever you pushed the throttle in more than about a third. It also had 20 year old tires and brakes that haven't been maintained since it came out of storage.

Attended my first car show as a participant also, no Cougars there unfortunately though, don't see them very often.

It looks in amazing condition. Who is shadow-man spoiling your shot? Oh no, it's not yourself is it? Lol.

Brilliant racing tonight. 👍
Lots of battles with tooma, Jocke, If, fad and rich. :scared:

Apologies for my erratic driving. I know I pinched off tooma 1st race as well as cutting across rich in the second. :dunce:
Also guilty of braking too early at times which caused issues behind me.

However still had a great time and didn't ruin the racing completely!

Brilliant racing with you all and brilliant championship Joe. :cool:

Yea - I sure enjoyed the racing too Suts. Rare fun.

Meet 7
Desert Highway Dash

Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67

*Cleanest Driver of the Day: autope10 and guitar3rich both get 12 points today. I couldn't split you guys and I think you both deserve 12 points each. Great driving!

Race 1 Results (Reverse Grid Start!)

1st - autope10__________25
2nd - joe__kerr_________20
3rd - guitar3rich________18
4th -JockeP22__________16
5th - Fadmad_gt5_______14
6th - iamtooma_________12
7th - sutsagrd__________10
8th - IfAndOr___________9

DNS -
buybon355
flaviousbutterus
jam_my21
bloodyboyblue
Tom_Ascar

Race 2 Results (Reverse Grid Start)

1st - joe__kerr_________25
2nd - autope10_________20
3rd - Fadmad_gt5_______18
4th - guitar3rich________16
5th - sutsagrd__________14
4th -JockeP22__________12
6th - iamtooma_________10
8th - IfAndOr___________9

DNS -
buybon355
flaviousbutterus
jam_my21
bloodyboyblue
Tom_Ascar

Championship Standings after seven meets (14 races)

1st - Joe_kerr__________267
2nd - autope10_________211*
3rd - jam_my21________188
4th - bloodyboyblue_____165*
5th - sutsagrd__________157*
6th - Tom_Ascar________154*
7th - Fadmad_gt5_______141*
8th - JockeP22__________129
9th - iamtooma_________121*
10th - guitar3rich________114*
11th - buybon355________109
12th - IfAndOr__________82*
13th - flaviousbutterus____41

The best 14 results from 16 races (8 week championship/2 races per meet minus the two lowest scoring races) will count towards the driver's total points score. This means anyone who misses a week won't be penalised.

*Cleanest driver of the Day +12 points

Now, that's no way to treat a winning car, straight from the Cobble Beach Concours d'Elégance. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Apologies for not being in touch - I had changed provider from Sky to Vodafone, and it all went Pete Tong, had no broadband since midnight Wednesday, and used up all my data (12Gb) to let the kids stream their stuff. FYI, Vodafone are murder to deal with. Got them to add 30 gig on to my data plan, but they added it as roaming data for use out of the country!

It has however given me time to prepare a good tune for the finale, although I haven't been able to run the track we will be using. Let's hope it transfers well from Apricot Hill to Pauls track

Glad to hear you're okay mate.

My TT time (vid above) has disappeared from the Events page. Fad set a time a couple of hours later when I was in the room and that hasn't registered. Can anyone else see our TT results?

Edit: Huh, it's back now. Logged in and out about 5 times but no sign of it, then suddenly up it pops. Still don't see fad's time though?

se
Glad to hear you're okay mate.

My TT time (vid above) has disappeared from the Events page. Fad set a time a couple of hours later when I was in the room and that hasn't registered. Can anyone else see our TT results?
see your ;-) but only 58,177

No Fad, but in fairness I could, as the 4G is rapid for download and upload.
Engineer has been, and broadband is working now too, so I've got more internet than you can shake a stick at!
Fibre-optic, 37 mb minimum, playstation 3, playstation 4, Xbox one and AV receiver all hard wired through 5 port switch. Should be fast.

We now all know what number to ring when you're not online and the races are about to begin.
077561...... Can Colin come out to play please? :P

Can't see any TT times! You are waiting until the clock runs down (8 mins) before exiting the room?

Apparently they know they have terrible call centres and are investing heavily to remedy the situation. Time will tell.
I've only been with them a year having previously been with EE/T-Mobile for like a decade or more, who were always great to be fair, until they couldn't move enough for me on price. Typical scotsman!

hi friends.

I think I don´t deserve the prize for cleanest driver. On second race, I can´t dodge Guitarrich and I push him to the wall, but I can´t did it I try to dodge him but I couldn´t. Very sorry Guiatrrich.
See you on track :gtpflag:

Can't see any TT times! You are waiting until the clock runs down (8 mins) before exiting the room?

Before logging off last night I could see my time and fad's time on ps3, however, no TT times are showing on my PC. Yeah, stayed all the way until the end. Unusually unusual.

I think I don´t deserve the prize for cleanest driver.
Usually everyone makes a good number of mistakes and often I'm trying to find who made the least mistakes. I also include where the driver finished in my thinking as well. In the incident you mentioned, it was just an unavoidable accident. There wasn't much you could have done about it. Look how clean you were with me on the last lap of the first race! Great stuff Al.

And the lap we was side by side without bumping ,was easy mistake when you look left and just see the sofa ...:)
Was great race ,had to fight back in one race..

I had very lucky in first race, the accident behind me and rich gave us a good advantage for the end of the race, but in last lap, Joe was stucked behind me, I don´t know as I could hold him 💡:odd::), because he was faster than me.:gtpflag:

And yes, I´ve seen the replay again and I had less contact with other drivers.

Good week friends.

Back