omg understeer!!!

• Thread starter jc6711
  • 6 comments
Hi, i am farly new to drifting in Gt4, but i am slowly getting better. I have a 93 silvia K's. i am having trouble with understeer while i am in the middle of drift. My question is, is that does anyone know how to correct this. If it helps i am doing mostly feint drifts. If you want i can post my setup, but it might be my drifting.

it is your driving.

theres a few things you can do to try and correct understeer mid drift such as handbraking or switching off the accelerator to the brake and back as fast as possible, BUT the point is that you didnt take the right line, didnt have enough speed or didnt get your car sideways enough when initiating your drift with the feint. this happens to everyone when they first start out, its just experience and practice so just keep doing what your doing and trying different speeds and levels of throttle.

also you can try starting on a snow track until you get used to the power band of the car.

dont, i repeat dont keep screwing with your setup until you can drift the stock silvia or if you have a set up you like just stick to it even if its not perfect. this will only get in the way of your real understanding of the angles you need. once you understand whats going wrong or once you can drift quite well in a stock car, then start worrying about mods to make your car faster or to link drifts which you cant in a normal car etc etc

good luck and keep doing what your doing.

Most cars understeer drastically under braking in GT4 (unlike the earlier GT's) But as Dreaussie says, some of them tend to switch to more of an oversteer once you let off the brakes and let in some throttle. So it becomes about delicate timing.

What tires are you using by the way? How much power?

Check out the excellent guides in the "Look here before you post" sticky at the top of the forum. They address this very issue. Good luck! :)

then you should have no trouble drifting it... I personally never tried or wanted to drift such a car, mainly because its too slow for me. I pick the higher powered cars that'll almost always be able to zip up to redline and rev to create wheelspin so i get oversteer most of the time :)

If you ever want to try a new car (preferably when that one gets too easy to drift) then try this one.

'04 MX-5 Miata 1800RS (J)

It's the car I use. It's pretty easy to get the settings right. It only took me 45 minutes to properly tune it without the help of my beloved GTPlanet family.

Back