• Thread starter daan
  • 130 comments

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
Discuss 200 point races in the One Make Races - France and Germany Events here

This thread is put together to help members achieve the goal of reaching the maximum A-spec points obtainable in the French & German One Make Races. Please feel free to contribute your findings too. 👍

If you would rather test your skills with stock cars then please visit hispeed's [thread=62070]Stock car race comparison/challenge[/thread].
There’s some good information to be found there too.

Rules
Obtain as many points as you can for each race and see if you can make it to 100.000 or max 111.813 or anything in between those two values. Race as cleanly as possible. We don’t frown on blocking, wallriding or corner cutting; that, unfortunately, is needed in some races. Devices other than your PS2/3, a wheel or controller, and a GT4 disc are not allowed.
These rules do not apply to hispeed's Stock Car Race Comparison/Challenge thread.

Is there something special about A-spec points.
Yes and no, you don’t get a prize for 100.000 points nor do you get anything when you reach the maximum of 111.813 points. What you do get is a 👍 from other ‘200 point A spec nutters’ :sly: and the satisfaction of reaching 100.000 points or more. You also have the honour of adding your ‘home screen’ in the [thread=66549]100.000 Club[/thread]

Is it difficult to reach maximum?
To get to 100.000 is an achievement in itself, it’s the remaining 11.813 that are the real challenge. It’s just another way of having fun (and frustration) with GT4.

To get A-spec points you need to complete the whole race yourself. Handing over to Bob will not earn you any A-spec points. To achieve the maximum available A-spec points you’ll sometimes have to resort to dirty tactics, use a ‘gem’ car and or wear out the engine on certain cars.
Not all races will yield 200 points. If you are going to join the ranks of A-spec nutters please remember that Missions (34 x 250 points) and Family Cup (1x 200 points) should not be forgotten. Arcade points do not count towards the 111.813 goal.

Feel free to discuss (on occasion dirty) tactics, cars used and what settings were applied within the Series listed below.
A lot of races are fairly straightforward. Some races can be quite a challenge and if you are new to this part of the game all I can say is ‘hang in there’, you will eventually succeed. :scared: ;)
The notorious Ram for instance is a well known 200 point gatherer. There are other cars that are good to use in several series and as you read through these threads you’ll find them mentioned. If you can’t find them there check out [thread=87608]General Discussion[/thread].

Things to consider when trying to go for max points.
Choice of lineup, added weight, tyre choice (on front set of wheels), power add ons and wing settings all have an impact on points.
More details can be found in Famine’s thread on this subject [thread=56502] Notes on Maximising A-Spec Points [/thread]

Wearing out your ride
It pays to run several (long) races with worn out cars. As you race you lose horsepower. Better to start a race with a car that wont do that anymore. Take hp loss out of the equation.
[post=2458971]List of cars[/post] and how to [post=2458971]wear[/post] out the car.

Tranny trick
If needed apply the following:
  1. Set the gears back to default.
  2. Set final all the way to the right (5.500 or so).
  3. After that move auto all the way to the right (e.g. 25) and then back to 1.
  4. Then adjust final to what you want (e.g. 3.200).
Do not touch the Auto slider again.

What else?
  1. Various [thread=83319]worthwhile lists[/thread] by D-N
  2. References to race reports for inspiration: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139 (review the stickies)
  3. List of members with [post=2474747]100K points[/post].
* If you find any of the information useful, be sure to let the author know by giving them some +REP by clicking on the
check.gif

I would also suggest you start keeping records on your achievements NOW! It will pay huge dividends later on as you get closer to your goal. You’ll want to know where you have not yet reached max points. Having to trawl through 500+ races to find out is no fun!
Fizio has an Excel spreadsheet that’s available for download. Visit post #2 in [thread=87600]Beginner & Professional Events[/thread]

Wiki editors, please feel free to use this information.
Good luck!

AMG.

If you are contributing to this thread then mentioning the following details could very well help others.
Race Series, track name, Lineup used (list the cars 1-5) *
car used / tyres / power add ons / non power add ons + settings / aids / Weight etc. Tactics used to win the race.

* PAL =/= PAL. Line-ups in PAL games seem to differ. Whether this applies in all races is unknown. An example can be found [post=2669199]here[/post].

Manufacturers Races France & Germany
France
1. Renault Alpine Cup 1000
2. Citroen 2CV Classics 670
3. Peugeot 206 Cup 1000
4. Renault Clio Trophy 1000
5. Renault Megane Cup 845

Germany
6. Audi Tourist Trophy 600
7. Audi A3 Cup 546
8. BMW 1 Series Trophy 600
9. BMW Club "M" 1000
10. MB Legends of the Silver Arrow 600
11. MB SL Challenge 600
12. Opel Speedster Trophy 1000
13. VW Beetle Cup 1000
14. VW Lupo Cup 1000
15. VW GTi Cup 1000

Total A-spec points achievable in France and Germany 4515 + 7946= 12461.
Total A-spec points achievable in Manufacturers Races 39713.

Renault Alpine Cup
Alpine A310 N1, 200 ballast. Lineup: 4x Alpine A110.

Citroen 2CV Classics
2CV N1 tyres 200 ballast + 7500 miles.

Peugeot 206 Cup
Most if not all Peugeots with power upgrades.

Renault Clio Trophy
Clio Sport V6 Phase 2, R3 and ballast.

Renault Megane Cup
Renault Megane 2.0 16V, N1 tyres 200 ballast + 9000 miles

Audi Tourist Trophy
A used Audi 1.8T quattro no oil change race chip N1/N3 tyres 200 ballast.
See posts 29 & 32 for settings.

Audi A3 Cup
A3 + 9000 miles, 200 ballast and N1. (222 BHP sell screen).

BMW 1 Series Trophy
BMW 120i N1 tyres 180 ballast+9000 miles. Lineup 4x 120d.

BMW Club "M"
A used BMW M coupe no oil change NA1, S1 tyres 200 ballast.

MB Legends of the Silver Arrow
Mercedes Benz 300SL coupe NA2, S1 tyres 142 ballast.
'91 Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II (post #15)

MB SL Challenge
300SL NA1, RC exhaust, chip, S1, 200 ballast.
SL 500 (R129) '98 New, No oil, S1 tyres.

Opel Speedster Trophy
Speedster (Non turbo version advised) with multiple power upgrades on R4.

VW Beetle Cup
New beetle, R2, autoset 7, NA1, RC Exhaust, very little 9-10 ballast.

VW Lupo Cup
Lupo GTI S2, qualify for each race. Choose opponents carefully on the Nürb.

VW GTi Cup
- Reset the line up till the two slowest cars are in the lead. NOS to max; get the lead asap. VW Polo GTi sports exhaust N1 tyres 167 ballast+5000 miles.
- Update: VW Polo GTi, old oil, N1 tyres, 88 ballast+9000 miles, NOS 100% against PAL lineup 12. Polo,Lupo,'76, IV, V.

Last edited:
Old Alpine A310 with about 9000 miles on the odometer putting out about 111 HP takes all five races for 200 A-spec points from three A110s sandwiched by two A310s. I reset the lineups a few times to get that lineup sequence. You need at least three A110s to get 200 points. I never saw five A110s, but it might allow you to switch to S1 tires for easier racing. I didn't have time to check.

Another day, another sweep yet I only got a lousy 80 more points. I really hated racing that car. It slid all over the place on N2/N3s. Anyway...

Three races were relatively easy. Trial Mountain, SSR5 and Grand Valley were a cakewalk. Plenty of wallriding allowed and fairly long straights so no real driving skills involved. Now Opera and Tokyo R246 were a different story. I had to run both races three darn times to win.

At Tokyo there was luck involved. I had to squeeze and bump and block but those darn A310s kept managing to get by me. I would force one car into a wall but the others would go by me. I had to resort to taking out two at a time. I managed to squeeze out two A110s on the last turn leading to the start/finish straight with only one unit of nitrous left. I won by two seconds.

At Opera the lineup saved me. The three A110s never got by the second place A310 during the whole race. I did though. Used up most of my nitrous to do it. I passed him on the second lap and just cruised around until the finish. I doubt if I could have taken on a couple of A110s by myself. I got cooperation for the win. Lucky dog. So the easiest way to win is get a decent lineup with no A110 in first spot.

Oh, well, gotta get back to that Camaro again.

SB

Nice going there SB with the Alpine. One of those cars that I cant drive.
Managed between 95 and 2x171 points with that car. Go figure.
max Ive seen is 4x A110.

Tried to improve the audi tt 1.8 again. Not too much gained though
El Cap 170->179. Tokyo 113->159.

I mentioned earlier that this car doesnt move at all from standstill.
This evening I crancked up the aids to 338. Now it behaves more like the 3.2 tt.
Still N2s are giving me a headache :ouch: let alone N1s to go for max.

AMG.

The Alpine's aids were set up 1/2/1. The car doesn't have much wheelspin power so I didn't need much higher than that. I think higher settings suck up too much HP on turns.

I know that crummy Alpine doesn't have much get up and go, but with nitrous at Tokyo you can beat them to the first turn and block and wedge the best you can from there on. At the end of the long straight on the second lap I let two A110s go by me and then rammed them from the rear and they kinda stuck themselves in the wall so I could get a little breathing room. Trying to guess how much I'll drift and still trying to block them is a PITA. Sometimes I'll just try to hit a wall almost sideways at full speed and hope I bounce off facing the right direction. Tokyo wasn't easy for me by a long shot. Do it enough times and you might get lucky. I kept readjusting weight balance and brake bias for best stability. If I get desperate I just ram a whole bunch of cars and hope they go flying. No real finesse involved. Before I got the car's oil dirty, I didn't even think I had a chance at 200 points. I did have around 175 points on all the races, but 200 seemed impossible. I believe that resets change circumstances and sometimes the AI gives you a break.

I haven't run my TT 1.8 to dirty oil yet. It's only got 55 miles on it. I already have 182/182/161 points with it so hopefully I might do the deed after I put 9,000 or so miles on it providing the HP drops low enough. I like the way it handles so with luck I might ace it. My problem is with FF cars. Their engines keep dying on the turns for some reason. I must have poor gearing or weight balance settings. The Suzuki Concept S2 at Opera and Renault Megane at Seattle are giving me serious headaches. I don't think I can do max points at those two tracks. N2s don't grip well around turns and that may cause the engine to crap out as the TCM tries to compensate. Whatever. I can't figure it out.

max Ive seen is 4x A110.

Tried to improve the audi tt 1.8 again. Not too much gained though
El Cap 170->179. Tokyo 113->159.

I mentioned earlier that this car doesnt move at all from standstill.
This evening I crancked up the aids to 338. Now it behaves more like the 3.2 tt.
Still N2s are giving me a headache :ouch: let alone N1s to go for max.

AMG.

max Ive seen is 4x A110.AMG.

Ha ha... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2333925&highlight=A310#post2333925

I can almost guarantee that you will not get 5 A110s - like all the other series with <5 possible entrants at least one of each will be present (except of course for the example(s) that some smarty pants will no doubt describe shortly).

There is a set up for the A310 that makes it handle like a normal car - I am going to have to check how much I wrote down (which is all at home) but I think you need to shift the weight balance all to the front (most of the posts I just read seem to say the rear). It is also possible that I put 9000 miles on it - not sure about that. I will have a look when I get home and will update with what I find - but it can be done (quite easily with the right setup).

Ha ha... https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=2333925&highlight=A310#post2333925

I can almost guarantee that you will not get 5 A110s - like all the other series with <5 possible entrants at least one of each will be present (except of course for the example(s) that some smarty pants will no doubt describe shortly).

There is a set up for the A310 that makes it handle like a normal car - I am going to have to check how much I wrote down (which is all at home) but I think you need to shift the weight balance all to the front (most of the posts I just read seem to say the rear). It is also possible that I put 9000 miles on it - not sure about that. I will have a look when I get home and will update with what I find - but it can be done (quite easily with the right setup).

Yeah .......... I know, yet despite what I wrote in that post I still find it 'strange' that on some tracks it behaves quite well and on others it doesnt.
Tokyo only 95pts but on Opera and Trial Mountain 171 ??? Go figure.
The Ginetta acts the same way, cant drive that either.

Too bad the racing chip doesnt fit in my head to make me a better driver. :sly:

Would be very much interested to see your set up 👍

AMG.

One Make Race Audi TT 1.8 scores an easy 200 A-spec sweep.👍 Jeez, it's hard to believe adding a 🤬 5,000 miles and dirty oil make things so much easier.

Anyway... I added the usual mods such as drivetrain, suspension, nitro, standard tires (N2/N3), etc. I quit adding rollcages a long time ago but continue to use chassis refreshing. I usually keep gearing more or less stock. The lineups I ran all had a TT 1.8 in first position followed by TT 3.2s. The slower TT 1.8 usually slows down the rest of the field a bit. I basically used the "lean on him" technique of using the opponent cars to help steer me around corners and then I'd run them into the grass or wall which I find rather amusing (the dark side of me:lol: :lol: ). In all races I had plenty of nitrous left. Settings don't much matter to me in close races. I think tactics (blocking/ramming/wedging/shortcutting) are more important.

The hardest to easiest races IMHO were Tokyo R246, then Deep Forest, then, of course, El Capitan. Tokyo was still fairly easy since I only used half my nitrous (I thought it was a two lap race:dunce: :banghead: ).

For AMG,
About the Alpine A310...I also put all the weight in front of the car. I had it set to a -40 bias. It seemed to go around turns better and brake slightly better. Putting the weight to the rear made the car drive straight ahead instead of turning. I try all sorts of stupid stuff just to see if it helps whether it makes sense to me or not:boggled: .

Well, I'm off to find more missing races and complete the Euro 1000 Miles Sarthe for 200 A-specs. I just need more race time.

Unfortunately it has downforce too, so without that it will change the handling, but it should be a good start:
Take away the downforce and you might as well start from scratch.

I've got some settings for the Alpine, but they're for a more modified version. Haven't tried it on N tires with stock horsepower, but it should still work fairly well. Unfortunately it has downforce too, so without that it will change the handling, but it should be a good start:

Suspension
SR: 11.3/18
RH: 110/110
SB: 6/3
SRB: 7/9
CA: 2/3
TA: 0/-2
ST: 6/4

Brakes
Brakes: 3/3

Transmission
Auto 9

Driving Aids
ASM: 0
TCS: 1

Downforce
Downforce: 15/30

LSD/VCD
LSD: 30/55/50

Ballast
Ballast: 75kg @ -50

Take away the downforce and you might as well start from scratch.

Come on, it's not that bad. It's still a lot better than stock.

Alpines are pretty much like Porsches - with less power, so they don't need TCS or ASM. My Alpine A310 was run with the stock suspension, although a lower front could to well. I'll run it for 200 points right now, I think. I got good at Tokyo through WRS Week 78, lets see if it helps.

Alpine's revisited.
I went back to this championship 2 days ago. Qualified first before racing.
Running an A310, 9600 mls, NOS 100, S1 Tranny 9, refresh chassis, Weight 200 Front 20 + Scaff's settings:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2063234&postcount=311. I used tranny 8 on the 'shorter straights' races.

PAL lineup 2 gives 4x A110. Then surprise surprise on Tokyo 1st try. Increased from 95 to 185 points, whoohoo. :D . Previously found it IMPOSSIBLE to gain on 95 points, let a lone finish in first.
The next 4 races were a disaster. Reset the PS to get the same lineup. Looking for a repeat lineup took too long.
Tried Tokyo on N3 several times but always managed to bash in to a wall or a barrier at some point in time in lap 2 whilst 'comfortably' leading the pack and then finished 5th or 6th. :grumpy: One of these days I'm going to manage it.

However again a surprise during these same championships. The other 4 tracks became "really easy" (HE must have been smiling on me). These were quickly dispatched for 200 points.

BMW M series in M Coupe (worn)

Another championship series. I'd already cleaned out El Cap and Paris in Feb but Apricot, Suzuka & Nurb were sadly lacking the 200 points.

To calm down from the Tokyo Alpine disasters I thought I'd run the Nurb with a run down M Coupe just for fun. I wasnt expecting to win at all.
I left the S2 tyres on and won the race for 185. lineup Coupe,M3,CSL,M5,GTR.
That encouraged me to try again on S1 + 125W, and sure enough victory 200 points bagged.

It also got me thinking. If I didn't qualify it would mean I could shop around for lineups with the M5 in the rear. Sure enough.
Suzuka next. Lineup M3,Coupe,GTR,M5,CSL on S2 with 175W (and a bit of grasscutting) for a very easy win.

And the dreaded Apricot Hill. Coupe,M3,CSL,GTR,M5. Not so easy but still managed a mov of 0.4s on S2 + 175W. NOS set to 40.

So that Series is now behind me.

AMG.

Any help on the Megane cup? I tried it, for testing, in a Megane Coupe (Used, New oil, S2s, No aids, everything stock). Easy wins without qualifying, even easier with - 34 points. But: Harder tyres than N2 will spin all the way - FWD sucks here. This is the point where I wish they included different engine-options, like in real-life. And slightly better physics for FWDs... They don't handle THAT bad in real life.

I've been trying to max out the MB races. hard work and not succesful either.
Silver Arrow
Used the 300SL on S1 Semi race exhaust and 50 NOS against A160, CL500, CLK55AMG, E55AMG,230Kompressor, netted 179 points an <1s Mov. The other 2 races are in the bag. I need a lineup that has the above cars but without the A160 (and preferably not the 230K either)
Does such a lineup exist? Ive gone through 40 or so.

SL challenge.
192 pts SL300 on S1 + 200W, against 2xSL600, 2xSL500 and an SL300. Mov 0.137s against the SL600 ' 04. he got held up by his older brother. he would have won otherwise. Just too hard to block on Fuji 80.
Apricot still only at 178 pts.

Any help on the Megane cup? I tried it, for testing, in a Megane Coupe (Used, New oil, S2s, No aids, everything stock). Easy wins without qualifying, even easier with - 34 points. But: Harder tyres than N2 will spin all the way - FWD sucks here. This is the point where I wish they included different engine-options, like in real-life. And slightly better physics for FWDs... They don't handle THAT bad in real life.
Not quite sure if you are asking a question but I assume you are.
You'll need the Megane 2.0 16V ' 03 + 9000 mls.
The Coupe (if memory serves me right) won't net 200.

Wear out the car. Add all non power mods. set aids to 002. Add max ballast and I'm afraid you'll have to run on N1/N2 for 200 pts.

AMG.

Not quite sure if you are asking a question but I assume you are.
You'll need the Megane 2.0 16V ' 03 + 9000 mls.
The Coupe (if memory serves me right) won't net 200.

Wear out the car. Add all non power mods. set aids to 002. Add max ballast and I'm afraid you'll have to run on N1/N2 for 200 pts.

AMG.

Yeah, it was a question... So another car on the "to wear" list. And if aids, then 0-1-0, or 0-1-1... I'm slower with them.
I think I'll take N1/N1, because the sticker the rear, the more it understeers - and it's already a bitch in the corners.

MB SL races.

El Cap wasnt too difficult for 200. Fuji 80's is a different matter. Tried for 3 or so hours on Sunday to find a beatable lineup with my SL300. I managed 192 with an mov of 0.137s against 2xSL600,2xSL500 and an SL300. Bob put some 10.000 miles on it and I restarted the PS2 and select lineup 5.

SL600 '04 & '98, SL65AMG '04, SL500 '02 & 98 followed by my '54 model SL300. I'd lost 9.5% HP. I was able to select S2 tyres, chip, RC exhaust and NA1 + 40 NOS in power upgrades.

Lap 1, end of the straight the AMG is in 2nd when I ACCIDENTALLY tap him off the track to 6th and I'm in 2nd. :)
The 600 '04 is in first and he is accidentally tapped as well in the tight 180 loop. At the end of lap 1 straight the 65AMG is in 3rd
behind the 600 '98. The 65AMG manages to crawl to 2nd on the very long bend that leads up to the straight again.
By the start of lap 3 he's denting my bumper. :grumpy: I keep him off till the tight 180 and then let him by :mischievous:
Because he overtakes on the wrong side of the road I have to .... him too, just to warn him ;)
He falls back to #4 spot. The 600 '04 moves in to 2nd place and the 65 now has 2 contenders to overtake.
He manages to move in to 3rd but the 600 '04 is just a tad too fast or devious for him. By the time he reaches T2 he's .4 secs behind and by T3 approx 3sec behind.
My mov 1.655s and 200 points, 2.5 units NOS left. Yes !!.

Now I just need to clear out Apricot.
Edit:
3.5 hours later and I' trying all sorts of line-ups to win this 🤬 race. I love my RL AMG but by gawd I hate the blighters whilst racing against them in GT4. I finally settled for the following lineup
500 '02, 600 '04, 500 '98, 55 '02, 65 '04. Took about 20 tries.
Was out of NOS halfway through lap 4 and had the 55 and the 65 tailgating me all the way.
I just couldn't believe it 0.002s and THANKFULLY in lightblue instead or red.
Me 6"39.305
65 6"39.307
55 6"39.516
I had to check the scoreboard 3 times to make sure I actually won.

With 10.000 mls on the clock. Added R1, chip, 0 weight, NA1, forgot to refresh the chassis before I ran above 2 races.
65 NOS, TRclutch,001 aids as the tyres spin without it, RC brakes + Ctrlr 4/3 Carbon shaft.
Tranny auto 13, RC susp 11/10.5, 104/124,4/4,7/7,2/1.5,0/-1,4/3
I tried various power settings and with the above I probably was slightly overweight by 10-20 units or so.
Phew, I am so relieved this Series is now behind me. Now some FUN ;)

SCJ, I read your PM :) good, welcome (again) !!

AMG.

SL Challenge
'54 Mercedes Benz 300 SL Coupe
no oil change
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
all 3 NA upgrades, & racing chip
fc suspension
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel, fc limited-slip, & carbon driveshaft
all tires except dirt, & snow
increase rigidity

Apricot Hill
semi-racing exhaust
R2's front, & R4's rear
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 200
final gear-3.50
showing 224 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'02 SL 55 AMG (R230)
'04 SL 65 AMG (R230)
'02 SL 500 (R230)
'54 300 SL Coupe
'04 SL 600 (R230)
'54 300 SL Coupe (Me)

Fuji 80's
same setup
same hp rating
against this lineup:
'02 SL 500 (R230)
'04 SL 65 AMG (R230)
'54 300 SL Coupe
'02 SL 55 AMG (R230)
'04 SL 600 (R230)
'54 300 SL Coupe (Me)

El Capitan
R1's front, & R4's rear
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 164
final gear-3.50
showing 215 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'98 SL 600 (R129)
'02 SL 500 (R230)
'04 SL 600 (R230)
'98 SL 500 (R129)
'02 SL 55 AMG (R230)
'54 300 SL Coupe (Me)

Legend Of Silver Arrow
'91 Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II
no oil change
both brake upgrades
fc suspension
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel, fc limited-slip, & carbon driveshaft
increase rigidity

Fuji 90's
racing chip
R2's front, & R4's rear
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 200
final gear-3.50
showing 244 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'91 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II
'03 SLR McLaren
'00 CLK 55 AMG
'02 E 55 AMG
'98 SLK 230 Kompressor
'91 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II (Me)

Nurburgring
R2's front, & R4's rear
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 200
final gear-3.25
showing 235 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'98 SLK 230 Kompressor
'02 E 55 AMG
'03 SLR McLaren
'00 CL 600

Opera Paris
R2's front, & R4's rear
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 170 (may have been able to go a little lower)
final gear-4.10
against this lineup:
'02 E 55 AMG
'98 SLK 230 Kompressor
'00 CL 600
'03 SLR McLaren

2HP-2CV Classics
'54 Citroen 2CV Type A with approx. 10,000 miles
no oil change
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
fc suspension
turbo upgrade
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel, & fc limited-slip
all Normal tires, & R5's
increase rigidity, & rigidity refresher plan as needed
on all 5 of these races I installed the best parts & qualified

Opera Paris
N1's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 100
ballast @ 200
ride height lowered all the way
TCS & ASM front & rear @ 0
final gear-3.87, auto-4
showing 14hp @ parts change/settings menu

Cote d' Azur
same setup
same hp rating

Autumn Ring Mini
same setup, except final gear-3.87, auto-3
same hp rating

Deep Forest Reverse
same setup as 1st 2 races
same hp rating

Tsukuba
same setup as 1st 2 races
same hp rating

Easy races

1 Series Trophy
'04 BMW 120i with approx. 6,1xx miles
no oil change
3D Type DB wing
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
fc suspension
all 3 turbo upgrades

Grand Valley
N1's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 100
ballast @ 200
final gear-3.30, auto-8 (could've went to 5 or 6 on the auto)
showing 138 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'04 120i
'04 120d
'04 120d
'04 120d
'04 120d
'04 120i (Me)

Infineon Sports Car Course
same setup as Grand Valley except final gear-3.30, auto-3
same hp rating
same lineup

Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course
same setup as Infineon Sports Car Course
same hp rating
same lineup

GTi Cup
'01 Volkswagen Polo GTi with approx. 4,923 miles
no oil change
3D Type DB wing
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
fc suspension
both turbo upgrades

Hong Kong Reverse
sports exhaust
N1's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 100
ballast @ 176
final gear-3.60, auto-3
showing 109 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'01 Lupo GTi
'01 Polo GTi
'76 Golf I GTi
'01 Golf IV GTi
'05 Golf V GTi
'01 Polo GTi (Me)

Clean race

Tsukuba
same setup except final gear-3.60, auto-2, & 50 towards the rear on ballast
same hp rating
against this lineup:
'76 Golf I GTi
'01 Golf IV GTi
'05 Golf V GTi
'01 Lupo GTi
'01 Polo GTi
'01 Polo GTi (Me)

A little bit of "opponent car riding" through the last turn coming to the s/f line.

Opera Paris
same setup as Tsukuba
same hp rating
against this lineup:
'01 Polo GTi
'01 Lupo GTi
'76 Golf I GTi
'01 Golf IV GTi
'05 Golf V GTi
'01 Polo GTi (Me)

"Opponent car riding" in a few turns.

Midfield Reverse
same setup except final gear-3.60, auto-5
same hp rating
against this lineup:
'01 Golf IV GTi
'01 Polo GTi
'01 Lupo GTi
'05 Golf V GTi
'76 Golf I GTi
'01 Polo GTi (Me)

Clean race.

Deep Forest
same setup as Midfield Reverse
same hp rating
against this lineup:
'01 Golf IV GTi
'76 Golf I GTi
'01 Lupo GTi
'05 Golf V GTi
'01 Polo GTi
'01 Polo GTi (Me)

Clean race.

Megane Cup
'03 Renualt Megane 2.0 16V with approx. 7,511 miles
no oil change
3D Type DB wing
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
fc suspension
all 3 turbo upgrades
for all 5 of these races, I installed the best parts & qualified

Suzuka East Short Course
N1's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 100
ballast @ 200
final gear-3.37, auto-2
showing 125 hp @ parts change/settings menu

Opera Paris
same setup
same hp rating

Laguna Seca
same setup except final gear-3.37, auto-3
same hp rating

Seoul Central
same setup as Laguna Seca
same hp rating

Cote d' Azur
same setup as Suzuka East Short Course, & Opera Paris
same hp rating

Renault Alpine Cup
'73 Renault Alpine A310 1600VE with approx. 8,400 miles
no oil change
3D Type DB wing
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
fc suspension
all 3 turbo upgrades
for all 5 of these races, I installed the best parts & qualified

Tokyo
N2's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 100
ballast @ 200, 50 towards the front
final gear-3.444, auto-6
showing 113 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'73 A310 1600VE (Me)
'73 A110 1600S
'73 A110 1600S
'73 A110 1600S
'73 A310 1600VE
'73 A310 1600VE

Easy races, I was actually dreading these races because of the handling of this car. But, I think the 50 up front on the ballast helped quite a bit.

Trial Mountain
same setup
same hp rating
same linuep

Opera Paris
same setup except final gear-3.444, auto-2
same hp rating
same lineup

S.S. Route 5
same setup except final gear-3.444, auto-3
same hp rating
same lineup

Grand Valley
same setup except final gear-3.444, auto-5
same hp rating
same lineup

A3 Cup
'03 Audi A3 3.2 quattro with approx. 8,881 miles
no oil change
3D Type DB wing
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
fc suspension

Suzuka East Short Course
N1's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 200
final gear-4.80, auto-8 (should've went to 6 on auto though)
showing 225 hp @ parts change/settings menu

3 easy races.

Midfield
same setup
same hp rating

Laguna Seca
same setup except final gear-4.80, auto-5
same hp rating

Legend Of Silver Arrow
'91 Mercedes Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II
Nurburgring
R2's front, & R4's rear
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 200
final gear-3.25
against this lineup:
'98 SLK 230 Kompressor
'02 E 55 AMG
'03 SLR McLaren
'00 CL 600

Now that's interesting news, but how did you keep the SLR in check ? and the SLK is no slouch either.
Did you 'accidentally' ;) miss a breaking point that put him in to a sandtrap ?

AMG.

AMG,

I just found a good race for 200 Aspec at the 'Ring in the Silver Arrow. I used the SL300 with S1's at 233 Hp (Semi Racing Exhaust, Chip, No oil change). The NOS was @ 75, Trans @ 10 with 15 Kg ballast. The key was to find a field without the McLaren or the Avantgarde. The latter reduced the points too much, the former is just too fast. The remaining competition is led by the SLK and the EVO, but the Gullwing is pretty competitive with the above settings. If you can pass them up while they're held back in traffic, it's not terribly difficult to keep them behind.

Hope that helps,
John

Video ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYl0q-Ft_70

BTW, Here's a big 👍 to bttlefed. The detail in your posts is much appreciated, I applaud your dedication to the cause.

I just found a good race for 200 Aspec at the 'Ring in the Silver Arrow. I used the SL300 with S1's at 233 Hp (Semi Racing Exhaust, Chip, No oil change). The NOS was @ 75, Trans @ 10 with 15 Kg ballast. The key was to find a field without the McLaren or the Avantgarde. The latter reduced the points too much, the former is just too fast. The remaining competition is led by the SLK and the EVO, but the Gullwing is pretty competitive with the above settings. If you can pass them up while they're held back in traffic, it's not terribly difficult to keep them behind.
Alas those lineups are few and far between though.
If I'm really lucky I can actually beat the 230 kompressor, the others are not too much of a problem with the 300 SL. I need to find one that indeed doesnt have the Avantgarde / A160 nor the SLR and preferably the 230 in 5th. Thx for the tip.👍

AMG.

Now that's interesting news, but how did you keep the SLR in check ? and the SLK is no slouch either.
Did you 'accidentally' ;) miss a breaking point that put him in to a sandtrap ?

AMG.

LOL! I don't recall "missing breaking points", but that don't mean I didn't, just too long ago for me to remember. Although I don't think I did otherwise I would've put that info in my little notes there for each group of races.👍

I have a serious trouble. I have succesfully driven Opel Speedster Seatle course.
I won 200 A-spec points. I saved the replay on a memory card.
The question is: How can I put the replay into memorystick?💡

I have a serious trouble. I have succesfully driven Opel Speedster Seatle course.

Using a MaxDrive. Try ordering one on Play-Asia.com, which is where I ordered mine from, or search around local Game-shops.

If you won the speedster race you have no troubles at all, serious or otherwise ;)

OFFTOPIC
Use the maxdrive as listed in post above.
But all it does is save a max file that you can give to someone else to copy back to their memory card and view it in replay theatre. It doesn't give you a 'viewable video/movie' if that's what you're after.

If you want to make e.g. a Youtube video out of it then you need to hook up your ps to a capture device that's hooked in to your pc and then convert the replay in to e.g. a windows movie.
Our resident moderator daan has a website devoted to this. Check out his signature in post #1 in this thread.

AMG.

Legend of the Silver Arrow Nurburg Ring 1 lap.
After rediscovering post #17 again I thought I'd try and find the line-up that was seen in the movie.
It took 21 tries till I found the line-up in PAL.
So the lineup is
Start Car Finish
1 CL600 6
2 CLK55AMG 5
3 190 EVO 4
4 E55AMG 3
5 SLK230Kompressor 2
6 MB SL300 1 MoV 0.516s

Tranny 10, S1 235hp + 40ballast. Blew 50% NOS by the time I'd done 1/3 of the race. Managed to get in front of the CL600 on the straights leading up to Caroussel. The Kompressor yapping at my heels. Held off on the NOS till the straight and then blew it all. The Evo managed 2nd at T10 but was quickly overtaken by the Kompressor and a little later by
the 55 AMG.

So the missing 21 points now make it a nice 200 and I can finally put this series to bed. :) :)

I guess all those previous laps for 200 points on Nurb paid off, even Mission 34 was a breeze. :sly:

AMG.

Think you have to save it on Maxdrive or something similar.
Oops ! Sorry, it's been said already :ouch: :ouch:
nige

I would like some types (and setups) to make the Polo a bit better for Opera in the GTi Cup (this is the last event in all European 1-make I need to finish...)

I would like some types (and setups) to make the Polo a bit better for Opera in the GTi Cup (this is the last event in all European 1-make I need to finish...)

Not too sure what you mean with "types" :confused:

This is what I used.
PAL lineup 11: Polo,Lupo,'76,IV,V. (in order slow - fast)
Polo GTI with 9000mls (old oil) N1/N2, 88 ballast, NOS max
Suspension 92mm 5/5 8/8 toe 0,-3. Tranny auto 4.

AMG.

Use the line up and set up that AMG suggests ( see Post 26 ). Use NOS to get you to the front as early as possible and then block as necessary. It may take a few tries but you should manage it.

nige

Audi TT clean sweep for 200 points

Mananged 200 points for El Kapitan, Tokyo and Deep Forest using the Audi TT Coupe 1.8 Quattro.

Line up was an equal array of 1.8 and 3.2's. At El Kapitan I started in 6th but at Tokyo and Deep Forest I had to qualify in 1st.

Settings:
Added all Non power upgrades including Prop Shaft.

Tyres : N1/N3
NOS @ 100
Brake Controller : 4/7

Suspension :
6.2/6.2
96/96
1/10
1/10
2.5/1.5
0/-4
1/7

Gears:
Final @ 4.184 then Auto to 8.

Aids : 0/5/5

LSD :
Front - 5/60/5
Rear - 5/60/5

Ballast : 110
+50 ( set to the rear )

Happy racing,

nige

Congrats nige on this feat. Just a few more points to go. /insert envious smiley/

:cheers:

AMG.

Back