One Make Races - Italy, Korea, UK & USA

• Thread starter daan
  • 239 comments

daan

Salut Gilles
Scotland
Scotland
GTP_daan
Discuss 200 point races in the One Make Races - Italy, Korea, UK & USA Events here

This thread is put together to help members to achieve the goal of reaching the maximum A-spec points obtainable in the One Make Races for Italy, Korea, Uk and USA. Please feel free to contribute your findings too. 👍

If you would rather test your skills with stock cars then please visit hispeed ’s [thread=62070]Stock car race comparison/challenge[/thread].
There’s some good information to be found there too.

Rules
Obtain as many points as you can for each race and see if you can make it to 100.000 or max 111.813 or anything in between those two values. Race as cleanly as possible. We don’t frown on blocking, wallriding or corner cutting; that, unfortunately, is needed in some races. Devices other than your PS2/3, a wheel or controller, and a GT4 disc are not allowed.
These rules do not apply to hispeed's Stock Car Race Comparison/Challenge thread.

Is there something special about A-spec points.
Yes and no, you don’t get a prize for 100.000 points nor do you get anything when you reach the maximum of 111.813 points. What you do get is a 👍 from other ‘200 point A spec nutters’ :sly: and the satisfaction of reaching 100.000 points or more. You also have the honour of adding your ‘home screen’ in the [thread=66549]100.000 Club[/thread]

Is it difficult to reach maximum?
To get to 100.000 is an achievement in itself, it’s the remaining 11.813 that are the real challenge. It’s just another way of having fun (and frustration) with GT4.

To get A-spec points you need to complete the whole race yourself. Handing over to Bob will not earn you any A-spec points. To achieve the maximum available A-spec points you’ll sometimes have to resort to dirty tactics, use a ‘gem’ car and or wear out the engine on certain cars.
Not all races will yield 200 points. If you are going to join the ranks of A-spec nutters please remember that Missions (34 x 250 points) and Family Cup (1x 200 points) should not be forgotten. Arcade points do not count towards the 111.813 goal.

Feel free to discuss (on occasion dirty) tactics, cars used and what settings were applied within the Series listed below.
A lot of races are fairly straightforward. Some races can be quite a challenge and if you are new to this part of the game all I can say is ‘hang in there’, you will eventually succeed. :scared: ;)
The notorious Ram for instance is a well known 200 point gatherer. There are other cars that are good to use in several series and as you read through these threads you’ll find them mentioned. If you can’t find them there check out [thread=87608]General Discussion[/thread].

Things to consider when trying to go for max points.
Choice of lineup, added weight, tyre choice (on front set of wheels), power add ons and wing settings all have an impact on points.
More details can be found in Famine’s thread on this subject [thread=56502] Notes on Maximising A-Spec Points [/thread]

Wearing out your ride
It pays to run several (long) races with worn out cars. As you race you lose horsepower. Better to start a race with a car that wont do that anymore. Take hp loss out of the equation.
[post=2458971]List of cars[/post] and how to [post=2458971]wear[/post] out the car.

Tranny trick
If needed apply the following:
  1. Set the gears back to default.
  2. Set final all the way to the right (5.500 or so).
  3. After that move auto all the way to the right (e.g. 25) and then back to 1.
  4. Then adjust final to what you want (e.g. 3.200).
Do not touch the Auto slider again.

What else?
  1. Various [thread=83319]worthwhile lists[/thread] by D-N
  2. References to race reports for inspiration: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139 (review the stickies)
  3. List of members with [post=2474747]100K points[/post].
* If you find any of the information useful, be sure to let the author know by giving them some +REP by clicking on the
check.gif

I would also suggest you start keeping records on your achievements NOW! It will pay huge dividends later on as you get closer to your goal. You’ll want to know where you have not yet reached max points. Having to trawl through 500+ races to find out is no fun!
Fizio has an Excel spreadsheet that’s available for download. Visit post #2 in [thread=87600]Beginner & Professional Events[/thread]

Wiki editors, feel free to use this information.
Good luck!

AMG.

If you are contributing to this thread then mentioning the following details could very well help others.
Race Series, track name, Lineup used (list the cars 1-5) *
car used / tyres / power add ons / non power add ons + settings / aids / Weight etc. Tactics used to win the race.

* PAL =/= PAL. Line-ups in PAL games seem to differ. Whether this applies in all races is unknown. An example can be found [post=2669199]here[/post].

Manufacturers Races Italy, Korea, UK & USA
Italy
1. Alfa Romeo GTA Cup 600

Korea
2. Hyundai Sports Festival 880

UK
3. Aston Martin Carnival 600
4. Lotus Elise Trophy 1000
5. Lotus Classics 1000
6. Mini Sports Meeting 1000
7. MG Festival 900
8. Triumph Spitfire Cup 795

9. TVR Black Pool Racers 1000

USA
10. Chevrolet Camaro Meeting 600
11. Chevrolet Corvette Festival 1000
12. Chrysler Crossfire Trophy 546
13. Saleen S7 Club 1000
14. Shelby Cobra Cup 1000

Total A-spec points achievable in Italy, Korea, UK and USA 600 + 880 + 6295 + 4146 = 11921.
Total A-spec points achievable in Manufacturers Races 39713

Alfa Romeo GTA Cup
Giulia Sprint GTA 1965, N3, max ballast. Lineup 4x 147 GTA.

Hyundai Sports Festival
Coupe N1/N3 200 ballast + 9000miles.
More info in posts #49 & #67

Aston Martin Carnival
DB7 N3 + 9000 miles + weight depending on lineup.

Lotus Elise Trophy
Lotus Elise type 72.

Lotus Classics
Elan + 9000 miles, N1, max ballast. Lineup 4x Europa Specials.

Mini Sports Meeting
Mini One + 9000 mls. Lineup 3x Cooper S, other combinations also possible see post 22. See post 24 for NY settings 👍

MG Festival
MGF ’97 + 9000 miles on N1. Lineup 4x TF160.

Triumph Spitfire Cup
Spitfire N1, 200 ballast, NOS -> 137 pts
Spitfire N1, 200 ballast, NOS + 9000 mls & old oil -> 159 pts

TVR Black Pool Racers
V8S, specs unkown.
A used Cerbera speed Six no oil change N3 tyres 200 ballast. Lineup a Speed 12 to boost points, preferably in P4. Try not to get the V8S in same lineup, A-specs plummet.

Chevrolet Camaro Meeting
Iroc-z concept '88, N1, 200 ballast, line up with the Iroc-z in front.

Chevrolet Corvette Festival
Corvette '54, S2, chip, NA1 tune, RC exhaust.

Chrysler Crossfire Trophy
Crossfire + 9000 miles, N1, max ballast. (see posts 5, 14 and 60 for details)

Saleen S7 Club
Saleen S7 N1, max ballast
Saleen S7 N2, max ballast + 9000 miles. (tough but easier than N1)

Shelby Cobra Cup
Shelby Series 1 on S2.

Last edited:
:yuck: Kiss them 🤬 Saleens goodbye. I never want to see one again.

Well, I aced the Saleen races today, all for 200 A-specs:tup: . Took me almost an hour, that is, after breaking-in the car to get about 9,400 miles and extremely dirty oil. I had to run Sarthe, Suzuka and Infineon twice to get the hang of them. For the most part it was pretty easy. Suzuka really had me sweating, trying not to slide off into the sand on the back of the course, as usual. :scared: I'm getting too old for all this stress.

For both Suzuka and Infineon, I spent more time intentionally driving in the grass than on the road. The grass has much better grip for turning. Adding the grip and deducting shortcut time, you can really leave those other Saleens in the dust (asphalt) (I won both by about 4 seconds). I was laughing pretty hard while trying not to overshoot the asphalt where I needed to land on straights:lol: :lol: . Especially the Infineon short straight leading to the hairpin near the pits. Get stuck in the sand on the right side and you're dead meat:dunce: . It's like glue.

Sarthe was rather amusing:) . Cut sand here, cut sand and grass there. Why bother with chicanes when the sand is much, much faster. Just don't get top-speed cocky and you won't spin out at 180 MPH after you balance the car a bit.

El Capitan and SS5R were stupidly easy:D . Wallriding makes it that way, not my driving skills. It was funny that the more careful I drove, the easier it was to hold off the Saleens. Before this time, I was sliding and drifting all over the place and that strategy proved disastrous. Truthfully, the AI Saleens aren't all that fast on turns, especially if you're in their way. Plus, they also slide fairly easy if you bump them :rolleyes: (ahem).

I used a combination of N2/N3 for tires. I used about a 60 nitro boost, but only used it up on SS5R. I used ASM and TCM but set really low. I agree that once the Saleen is old-oiled, around 500 HP and being able to use N2s, it is fairly easy to win at 200 points. :sly: :bowdown:

For the A-spec nutters, I'm currently sitting on 108,161 A-spec points:cheers: . Still looking for races I've missed or didn't bother to max out (AMG was kind enough to give mention about short-sighted people like myself not keeping track of races :guilty: ). And, yeh, still breaking in cars and that will be that. What a trip! I'm tired and ready to pack it in.:grumpy:

Now on to win that Camaro race at Seoul for 200 A-specs. I keep shooting my nitro wad prematurely, so I need to make some serious adjustments :confused: .

Still looking for races I've missed or didn't bother to max out (AMG was kind enough to give mention about short-sighted people like myself not keeping track of races :guilty: )

You're welcome ;)

Now on to win that Camaro race at Seoul for 200 A-specs. I keep shooting my nitro wad prematurely, so I need to make some serious adjustments :confused: .

I just remembered on the very 1st lap towards the bottom of the minimap I didnt use Nos to catch up. Wallrode the bottom section on 1st lap and used just enough nos to get in to 3rd place. Drafted a lot and very carefully negotiated the right-left hander as you go back up the minimap. I'd suggest you use my line up as others will have the ss69 further up the grid and he's a pita.
On the long straight use a different line so the AI doesnt draft you.

AMG.

One Make Races Chevrolet Camaro sees my IROC Z Concept '88 go for the (not so clean) sweep of 200 A-spec points.

I just noticed in the above thread the advice AMG gave me to win the Seoul round. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to use it:ouch: . I see he says I should use finesse at Seoul :rolleyes: . And what's with this wallriding on the hairpin. I'd have to see THAT to believe it. Still...quite the opposite of how I won. Anyway.....

After putting about 12,000 plus miles on the IROC to turn the oil to mud I figured I'd tackle El Capitan first since it's usually the easiest. I used the usual drivetrain, suspension, nitrous (40), tires (N2/N3), no rollcage, etc. The race was tougher than I expected since the IROC Z had a serious power disadvantage (212 HP???). I didn't bother to check lineups or speeds of various cars. I got ahead of all the cars using spurts of nitro and serious blocking before the hill on the other side of the course. I had to use various blocking techniques to keep those 🤬 opponents behind me. I won by a about a second, nitro just about used up. I had to run the race twice to get a win.👍 Okay, so I'm not perfect.

Midfield was easier because of the longer straights and a bit of grasscutting can be used. I used N2/N3 tires, nitrous (40). It's possible I got a good lineup since only one car was even close to me. I didn't even notice what type of Camaro it was. I won by decent margin. No big deal. I won the race in one try. Hang resetting lineups.👍 👍

On to Seoul. Forget about car setups. I tried them all, and basically my IROC Z was still an underpowered, ill-handling dog of a vehicle (same as the AI IROC Z). I was forced to run the race using N1/N3 tires. Why? I needed extra HP for the straights. Forget about handling finesse and saving nitro for a rainy day.

Basically, I turned it into a bare knuckle brawl. I had to run that race five frickin' times to get a win. I lost one race by .300 seconds. Crap, I could taste victory. I think the AI IROC Z started in third place in that race.

I had to reset the lineup several times in order to get an IROC Z in first place so he would slow all the rest of the cars down. Start...nitro set at 70...I deliberately rammed into a pile of four cars at the hairpin:banghead: . Boy, did they go flying and spinning (picture a billiard break):D . Aha...I was in second place on the other side of the hairpin with the cars behind me in a royal tizzy.

One Camaro SS '69 had managed to get by the IROC Z so I had to catch him. On lap 2 I caught him at the hairpin and rammed him into the wall. I jetted away and held him off until just before the hairpin on laps 3 and 4 where I let him pass and again rammed him into the wall. So I don't play fair, so what? I needed to win and that's that.

A really fast Camaro SS '00 had finally caught us at the hairpin on lap 4, but the Camaro SS '69 I bounced off the wall got in his way. My nitro was down to one stinking unit and I had to sweat it out the rest of the lap. I think those two Camaros must have slowed each other down a bit and that allowed me some slow and careful turning space on the last two turns before the finish straight. I won by a margin of .100 of a second with a Camaro sniffing at my butt at the finish line. Whew. I showed them who's da man. :cheers: :bowdown:

So another series bites the dust for 200 A-specs and good riddance to it.

I had to run the race twice to get a win.👍 Okay, so I'm not perfect.
I had to run that race five frickin' times to get a win.

I hate you :sly: , I usually have to attempt >10 times and just hope I get lucky once.
Nice write up SB.

@ bttlefed, You need a good portion of luck to win the oval for max points. Alas luck is not a setting found in the 'toolbox'. I need a larger NOS bottle for that one.

AMG.

I hate you :sly: , I usually have to attempt >10 times and just hope I get lucky once.
Nice write up SB.

@ bttlefed, You need a good portion of luck to win the oval for max points. Alas luck is not a setting found in the 'toolbox'. I need a larger NOS bottle for that one.

AMG.

I usually don't have the patience or time to run a race more than twice. I usually just step back and move on to another race or start running a car to get dirty oil. New days bring better perspective. No point in getting extremely frustrated and getting my fingers bent out of shape.

I was playing around today on the Mazda Roadster Enduro for only 160 points. Didn't go too well at all. I don't block very well. I'll try ANK's method if I can't figure out my own method. I'm sure I'll leave that race to last and I doubt if I can do it for 200 A-specs.

If I can get some time to crosscheck my races with Fizio's database I'm hoping to reach around 109,000 (now at 108,5xx) and content myself with that. I haven't prepared my Crossfire yet and I'm very anxious to run it on Motegi Speedway. It's not just about how fast you can go, but also how much you can slow the other cars down. I'm probably just blowin' smoke. We'll see. I still have a few cars to break in so I can still look forward to a few more points. Anyhow, keep looking for oversize NOS bottle. I'm sure it's there somewhere.

Finally achieved 182 A-spec points in the Crossfire Trophy at Motegi Super Speedway. How I did it I don't know!!! In fact I saved the replay which is something I normally never do!
Played around with the Suspension settings and the ballast location and managed to get this horrible tank to steer in something of the right direction in the corners. Used Max NOS to get level with the other cars in the corners to help me round.
On the straights I tried to draft as much as I could to save NOS.
Coming to the last corner I was 2nd so used my last bit of NOS to bash him into the wall. Luckily I managed to stay facing the right way and won by 0.179secs!

Only Seattle to do now!!!

nige

Finally achieved 182 A-spec points in the Crossfire Trophy at Motegi Super Speedway. How I did it I don't know!!! In fact I saved the replay which is something I normally never do!
Played around with the Suspension settings and the ballast location and managed to get this horrible tank to steer in something of the right direction in the corners. Used Max NOS to get level with the other cars in the corners to help me round.
On the straights I tried to draft as much as I could to save NOS.
Coming to the last corner I was 2nd so used my last bit of NOS to bash him into the wall. Luckily I managed to stay facing the right way and won by 0.179secs!

Only Seattle to do now!!!

nige

Good going:cheers: ! I sure would like to see that bash:banghead: . Who uses finesse for these races? I say bash those opponents good. ....And you are lucky to end up facing forward instead of sideways. I'm currently running my Crossfire to dirty oil and hopefully I'll get close enough to bash AI #1. 100% NOS must get used up pretty quickly. How many times did it take you to win? If I can't get close, I'll have to beg for your settings :bowdown: .

I aced a couple of Mini (SSR5 R and Tokyo R246) wallslamming bashfests for 200 A-specs last night. I'll alternate between the Mini and Crossfire races for change of pace. Bound to get lucky at one or the other. Or thumbcramps.👍

Good going:cheers: ! I sure would like to see that bash:banghead: . Who uses finesse for these races? I say bash those opponents good. ....And you are lucky to end up facing forward instead of sideways. I'm currently running my Crossfire to dirty oil and hopefully I'll get close enough to bash AI #1. 100% NOS must get used up pretty quickly. How many times did it take you to win? If I can't get close, I'll have to beg for your settings :bowdown: .

I aced a couple of Mini (SSR5 R and Tokyo R246) wallslamming bashfests for 200 A-specs last night. I'll alternate between the Mini and Crossfire races for change of pace. Bound to get lucky at one or the other. Or thumbcramps.👍

How many times did it take me? Bit like the question " How long is a piece of string?" Seriously, I have been trying this one off and on for months playing around with settings etc. Finally got lucky today! If you use NOS and have it on continually by the end of the 2nd lap it's gone.
What I did was to conserve it as much as possible, just enough to catch that pesky 1st place car on the last corner. It wasn't a pretty sight!!!! I was lucky to be facing the right direction after that. If you want my settings just let me know,
Good luck with your efforts.

Now the Mini, that's another question!!!!!!!!!!!
nige

Edit - Have just managed 182 at Seattle to complete the set!!!! Don't want to see that car for a long time!

Miracles do exist. I thought I'd give the Saleen another go on Sarthe.
Black Saleen, 2 Silver Saleens, 2 yellow ones and me.
I manage to take 2nd place around the Dunlop bridge but lose out in the next left hander.
Im drafting the #2 Silver Saleen down the straight when, after 1.05 mins in to the race, well before the brake point for the 1st chicane, I crash in to the Silver one. :confused:
I drop to 4 or 5th before I regain my composure, what happened there ?????

I manage to take 1st place "dune-buggy-ing" the 1st chicane and by T3 lead by 4.8 secs. Drop to 2nd place around the Porsche bends and due to overdoing it; end up in the grass before the 2x left rights combos in front of the S/F line, and bounce around between the 2 invisible walls of the track.
Not a very pretty sight :ill:

Miraculously I manage to keep the car from doing a 360 and cross the SF in 1st place on lap 1.

By T1 I'm 4.4s ahead, by T3 that's increased to 8.5s and after that it drops to 2.6s at T6. In the Porsches again the black Saleen crashes in to me and takes the lead but by cutting the final small left right combos I manage to regain the lead and win by 4 secs. Phewww / Save replay /.

I watched the replay to find out what happened 1 minute in to the race. Turns out the Black #1 saleen brakes for no apparent reason down to 75mph and then starts to increase speed again. # 2 chrashes in to him and so do I #3, I certainly wasn't expecting that.

Hmmm, considering I just went from 174 to 200 Aspecs, thank you Black Saleen 👍

Update: The SSR5 has been conquered too. All that's left is Suzuka (149) grrr and Infineon. At Inf managed to increase in little steps by adding 50 weight at a time from 149 to 174. Funny thing is that MoV went up from 3.4s -> 5.95s as I increased weight. Must be getting to 'know' the track. Now to switch over to N2s :scared:

AMG.

Miracles do exist. I thought I'd give the Saleen another go on Sarthe.
Black Saleen, 2 Silver Saleens, 2 yellow ones and me.
I manage to take 2nd place around the Dunlop bridge but lose out in the next left hander.
Im drafting the #2 Silver Saleen down the straight when, after 1.05 mins in to the race, well before the brake point for the 1st chicane, I crash in to the Silver one. :confused:
I drop to 4 or 5th before I regain my composure, what happened there ?????

I manage to take 1st place "dune-buggy-ing" the 1st chicane and by T3 lead by 4.8 secs. Drop to 2nd place around the Porsche bends and due to overdoing it; end up in the grass before the 2x left rights combos in front of the S/F line, and bounce around between the 2 invisible walls of the track.
Not a very pretty sight :ill:

Miraculously I manage to keep the car from doing a 360 and cross the SF in 1st place on lap 1.

By T1 I'm 4.4s ahead, by T3 that's increased to 8.5s and after that it drops to 2.6s at T6. In the Porsches again the black Saleen crashes in to me and takes the lead but by cutting the final small left right combos I manage to regain the lead and win by 4 secs. Phewww / Save replay /.

I watched the replay to find out what happened 1 minute in to the race. Turns out the Black #1 saleen brakes for no apparent reason down to 75mph and then starts to increase speed again. # 2 chrashes in to him and so do I #3, I certainly wasn't expecting that.

Hmmm, considering I just went from 174 to 200 Aspecs, thank you Black Saleen 👍

AMG.

AMG - Really good going 👍 👍
See it can be done! You like the Saleen now then :crazy: Only joking!! Did you use N2's? Is that the complete set for 200 ?
Again, seriously well done :)
nige

BTW have you tried the Crossfire again ? Saved my replays too!

👍 One Make Races Chrysler Crossfire all clean swept today for 182 A-specs apiece. Truthfully, I had a lot of fun after I started getting close at Motegi Speedway (even as I was steadily cursing after losing a few close races:banghead: :mad: ).

Fifteen tries, count 'em, 15 tries:dunce: and I finally kicked those AI Chrysler Crossfire's butts at Motegi Speedway. Take that, you stinking, 🤬 Crossfires. I started out losing races at Motegi by four seconds:ouch: . I kept getting closer and closer. I reset the lineup about three times and ran races. I was only one second or so behind but saw no chance at winning. Eventually, one reset gave me a lineup where the second and third place cars were faster than the pole car. I was able to lean on, draft or wallbash cars to get me into second or first place on the last straight before the finish. And I was in control enough to nurse the NOS on straights.

It was only a matter of figuring out whether to bash or squeeze my only companion opponent against the turn wall. I made two attempts and lost one race by a bloody .019 seconds ((groan) no NOS left at a setting of 70). 💡 I adjusted my NOS to 66. On the next race attempt with that lineup, I had a unit or so of nitro left and after I squeezed my opponent into the wall somewhere's past the middle of the U, I was facing properly forward and NOS'd my way across the finish with about a .300 second margin and listening to my heart pounding:cool: .

The other races at Trial Mountain (one try did the deed) and Seattle (took two tries - I got careless the first time and slammed into the chicane barrier at the end of the start/finish straight while in close second place) were pretty much uneventful. My setup at Motegi was great for the other races and I won by very comfortable margins. That Crossfire handles rather well on N1/N3 tires. After racing at Motegi Speedway, those other Crossfire races were freebies.

In conclusion, my advice at Motegi Speedway is just keep resetting the lineup and there will be some variance on opponent staggering and speed. If you draft a car that's faster than the lead car, you get a break, if not, you're screwed and have to resort to using more nitrous. Faster second and third place cars than the pole car really worked for me. The difference is tremendous. I think that's why nige was surprised that day he won that race.:bowdown:

I just starting running my Triumph Spitfire to dirty oil, then on to that race or back to the dreaded FF Mini races. I'm a bit shy of 109,000 A-specs. I better stop BS'ing and get back to racing.:yuck:
Extra for AMG...
I swear to you it's faster and easier with the Saleen to cut grass at Suzuka and Infineon due to better traction and straighter lines. Oh yeh, I also used the hairpin bales at Infineon for a fast wallriding slingshot :lol: .

In afterthought, I always managed to get to the first Sarthe chicane well before the first place Saleen turned in. I got a very good draft off him. Again, I think it's a lucky lineup discrepancy. And I don't think it has anything to do with colors of the cars. (You think your Saleen had Black Power!! :lol:)

Extra settings for bttlefed... All
Gears: 2.143, 1.479, 1.130, .860, .700, .620, 5.500, 10
Brakes: 2, 18
Ltd Slip: 5, 5, 5
Weight: 200, 48
Suspension: 3.5, 4.5, 100, 100, 3, 3, 7, 7, 0.0, 0.9, -4, -4, 4, 7 <--These values are from top down and left to right
197 HP 12,000 miles All drivetrain and suspension mods, no rollcage

I don't know if they're perfect settings, but they worked well for me on all races.

I swear to you it's faster and easier with the Saleen to cut grass at Suzuka and Infineon due to better traction and straighter lines. Oh yeh, I also used the hairpin bales at Infineon for a fast wallriding slingshot
Good post, excellent info in there 👍
Come over and drive my thirteen 1-make races for 200 I won't tell anyone.:sly:

Wallriding at the hairpin leading up to the straight at Infineon is indeed faster, however where do you cut grass at Inf :confused:
I didn't think it possible unless you are referring to the section between F3 and I5, something ive tried once or twice without much success.
(track pic courtesy of Kylehnat)

Edit
Question
Gears: 2.143, 1.479, 1.130, .860, .700, 5.500, 10
That's 5 gears, and some of them show values below the minimum settings I can set using a fully customisable tranny. How did you manage that ??

AMG.

Good post, excellent info in there 👍
Come over and drive my thirteen 1-make races for 200 I won't tell anyone.:sly:

Wallriding at the hairpin leading up to the straight at Infineon is indeed faster, however where do you cut grass at Inf :confused:
I didn't think it possible unless you are referring to the section between F3 and I5, something ive tried once or twice without much success.
(track pic courtesy of Kylehnat)

AMG.

Sirberra is right. Cut over the grass between F3 and I5 and try to keep it straight. It does work and does save you a small amount of time.
nige

Sirberra is right. Cut over the grass between F3 and I5 and try to keep it straight. It does work and does save you a small amount of time.
nige

That's a beautiful grid that AMG has. I don't know the names of any corners so it's hard to explain, otherwise. I'm sorry if I can't give the spots precisely but a test run or two will give you better insight. :sly: It's just a matter of looking at the grid and smoothing curves from asphalt to asphalt.

I started cutting grass somewhere's around F5 through B4 ((asphalt, grass, asphalt, grass, asphalt) you can almost straighten out the first uphill curved sections at the right speed) D2 through I5 (asphalt, grass, asphalt (sent cones flying), grass, asphalt, grass, sand, asphalt) and make sure you don't run into a wall :lol:, and almost all of turn A3 (corner shortcut).

Infineon is a shortcut freebie laugher. It's nearly impossible to lose at that course. There are very few spots where the AI can catch up. And consider yourselves blatant cheaters:ouch: .

To AMG and bttlefed:
Sorry about the gearing screwup (refresh my post). I edited in the gear I left out (.620 for sixth gear). I basically set the final gear ratio for 5.500, then automatic 10 and then manually adjusted a few top gears. I doubt if gearing is that important as long as you can run slightly faster than the other cars while using a NOS burst.

That's a beautiful grid that AMG has. I don't know the names of any corners so it's hard to explain, otherwise

Yeah, I thought that would help as I dont know the corners either. Setting up the grid didnt take too long and with Kyle's maps its now a doddle to reproduce for other tracks.

Crossfire Oval
Been at it for >2 hours found a lineup where I managed to finish 2nd with 0.6s deficit. Promising!
Stayed with this lineup and managed to catch up and drive the #1 in to the wall on final bend but he managed to get by me 0.061s grrrr.
Retried twice more and ....

There's a lot to be said for using different lineups even if the cars are the same. I know it's nothing to do with colours, SB ;) and this time white was in front. White, Red, Black, Gray, silver and me. On lap 1 big bend I tried to draft as much as possible, Got in to 5th in small bend but back to #6. Used NOS from the start in bursts.
On the last back straight managed to draft #2 and caught up with #1 in small bend on lap 3. Used him to help my turn, still managed to hit the wall in the last section of the bend, he hit my rear, I still had nos and quickly drove towards the pit side of the track to break his draft.
MoV 0.192s for 182 :) :) :cheers:
Used same upgrades and most of your settings.
N1/N3, Carbon shaft, FC default except for autoset 11. Rideheight 90. Nos 70.
Still to do the Seattle one.:ouch:

Will read your post more carefully in a minute as I had to post this 1st.:)

AMG.

In these handicapped races, I normally I don't go out of the way trying to stop the opponent from drafting me. With such low HP and limited NOS reserves, how far are you really going to get ahead? First of all, you might have to move out of your best line and possibly it's better if you're in his way since he might think he needs to brake. In most of these NOS-guzzling close races I feel I'm in better control if the opponent is slightly in front and to the outside of me on the turn.

In these handicapped races, I normally I don't go out of the way trying to stop the opponent from drafting me. With such low HP and limited NOS reserves, how far are you really going to get ahead? First of all, you might have to move out of your best line and possibly it's better if you're in his way since he might think he needs to brake. In most of these NOS-guzzling close races I feel I'm in better control if the opponent is slightly in front and to the outside of me on the turn.

hmm, yeah you've got a point there..I used him like that in the final bend but had some nos left for the last couple of 100 metres for the finish.

Crossfire Eat. Your. Heart. Out.
Seattle: I was on 161pts with N2s and 200 Weight. Tried N1s no weight, lost horribly. Got used to the track and found a wallride, IF ONLY I had known that earlier. Done this track countless times. So added 50W gained another 6 points. Thought I be bold and added the remaining 150W. Oh yes, first try 182 points and a MoV of 3.309s.

Now only 12 more 1 make races to go and I can close that Chapter of GT4. That should take me another year or so. ;)
AMG.

hmm, yeah you've got a point there..I used him like that in the final bend but had some nos left for the last couple of 100 metres for the finish.

Crossfire Eat. Your. Heart. Out.
I was on 161pts with N2s and 200 Weight. Tried N1s no weight, lost horribly. Got used to the track and found a wallride, IF ONLY I had known that earlier. Done this track countless times. So added 50W gained another 6 points. Thought I be bold and added the remaining 150W. Oh yes, first try 182 points and a MoV of 3.309s.

Now only 12 more 1 make races to go and I can close that Chapter of GT4. That should take me another year or so. ;)
AMG.

MOV 3 secs!!! How did you manage that! Hey well done.👍 👍
nige

BTW has anyone got a set up that enables a max point win in the Hyundai Coupe series . Tried loads of combinations but can't hack the N1's!!

Mini races.
2 weeks ago or so I managed to clean out Opera for 200.
lineup One, Coop, Coop S, Coop, Coop S
on N2 + 64 ballast, NOS100. I put 9900 mls on my 'One' and has 84hp according to the 'Sell' screen.
SSR went down as well against C,S,1,S,S for 200 on S1 tyres and 64W.

Today tried for most of the evening to finish off Seattle and finally made 200 as well.
Lineup C,1,S,1,S. Nos at 100. Got in to 3rd on the staircase and the Coop was holding off the S till I caught them in the righthander under the flyover street. Overtook the Coop on the long straight and by then the 2 Sses had caught up to. As I turned in to the righthander (180) at the end of the straight they/we battled for 1st. I managed to stay in first and thank above for allowing the Coop in 2nd place still. He finally had to give up at the end of the 2nd straight that goes downhill. Luckily I was ahead enough to not be too troubled by them. I crossed the finish line with 1 unit nos left and 0.694s mov.

Tokyo next, (2 weeks ago barely scraped 149 points :grumpy: ). Started the race and oh dear, lineup 1,C,S,S,S. :scared: :nervous: :ill:
I changed the autotranny from 5 to 6 and lowered the car to 106mm.
No weight added and ran on S1 tyres + RC exhaust.
Mov 1.8s for 181 points. Hmmm :cheers:

Reran on N3 for 196 points -> 🤬
Switched back to S1, no exhaust for 192. :)

Reran on S1 no RC exhaust and 32 weight for 196 points, :scared: 0.012s mov :)
Reran on S1 no RC exhaust and 64 weight for 200 points, 🤬 5 secs lost.

/looks to heaven , pleading /

Reran on S1 no RC exhaust and 64 weight for 200 points, :cheers: MoV 1.980s.

All that's left is NY and I read that that one is really tough.

It's way past my bedtime but fortunately the clocks go back 1 hour tonight so I'll still get my beauty sleep. :sly:

AMG.

I'm in the same boat nige, I can't even come close on the first race @ Autumn Ring with this car. The closest I've been so far is just under 6 seconds away, but in 4th place. CRAZY!!!

Ok nige. I just got it done last night. Here's my info....

Hyundai Sports Festival
'01 Hyundai Tiburon GT with approx. 10,472 miles on it
no oil change
3D Type DB wing 0/0, just put it on for looks
both brake upgrades, default
fc suspension, lowered the ride height all the way, everything else is default
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel, & fc limited-slip
increase rigidity, & rigidity refresher plan

Autumn Ring
N1's front, & N2's rear, yes N2's, for some reason I did this, don't even ask....lol
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 200, 50 towards the front
TCS & ASM front & rear @ 0
final gear-4.428, auto @ 2
showing 159 hp @ parts change/settings menu

the key to most of these races is driving dirty as can be....I used the other cars in the turns quite a bit to help me get through the turns better, ramming them into sandtraps, on the first race, I was curb/grass hopping at one point, pretty much every dirty tactic out there.

Hong Kong
same setup as Autumn Ring except I did switch to N3's on the rear
same hp rating of course
and pretty much the same strategy minus the grass cutting of course.

Grand Valley East
same setup as Hong Kong
same hp
this race was really easy....probably due to the standing start compared to the rolling start.

Tsukuba
same setup as Hong Kong & Grand Valley East, except changed the auto to 1
same hp
same strategy as first 2 races

Seoul
same setup as Hong Kong, & Grand Valley East, but should've tried the auto @ 3
same hp
same strategy as first 2 races, although this one was the second easiest, it is a rolling start race, but all of the cars are closer together on this one, I ran this race fairly clean, I booted one car outta the way going into the first 180 degree left-hander, other than that it was just luck, cause on the last lap, about half-way through the track, the first place car hit a wall nearly head on, I think I would've caught him anyways, as I still had 4 units of nitrous left, and right before he wiped out, I was only 1.3 seconds away from him.

Anyways, hope this helps anyone out.....just race dirty....it sucks, I hate racing dirty, but for these points....sometimes you have to.

👍 Hold the 🤬 presses...News Flash!!! Mini One delivers serious whupass at New York for 200 A-specs edging out 3 catfighting Mini Cooper S's after only two tries. MoV was .117 seconds. New York culminates a full Mini Series sweep for 200 A-specs apiece. Good riddance to the Mini Series. The first four races weren't even a warmup for New York. I reset the lineup for days and couldn't get a decent lineup :grumpy: .

I got my lucky lineup at New York today. M1, MC, MCS, MCS, MCS, my excrement-powered M1. And believe me, it's all about the lineup. My heart was pounding after I was able to get into 5th place on the first turn and saw that the three MCS's hadn't yet passed one of the slower Minis. I knew it was my only chance. A long, long NOS burst and I passed the lead MCS before it made the right-hander at the end of that short straight. For the rest of the race, not one MCS got past my jet black Mini One. :nervous: I had to hold off three MCS's for one and three-quarter laps. I blocked, I squeezed, I rammed. I let the second place MCS help push me on the long straights to save NOS. Yes, it was a slugfest on wheels :banghead: . On the final lap at the bottom of the map, I had two units of NOS left :scared: and I totally bursted up that straight almost to the finish line and I still had to block an MCS so it couldn't get past. I saved the replay and watched it three times and can hardly believe I pulled it off. Probably just dumb luck:dopey: .

Anyway....my Mini was so 🤬 underpowered (86 HP) I thought it was near impossible to win at New York for 200 A-specs because of those 🤬 long straights. Even 100% NOS bursts couldn't pull away from MCS's. The MCS's could run circles around me even in turns if they got by. I cursed at the whole 🤬 unfairness of that race. I was hoping for a race against all MC's and maybe that would work if I used N1's. I never saw that lineup. Always MCS's. Dammit. Anytime an MCS started in second place, forget it :eek: . It would be long gone, never to be caught. I was gonna settle for 180 or so points and admit defeat, but today lady luck smiled at me :) .

Today I also finally got around to completing Euro 1000 Miles at Sarthe using the Nissan Sports Coupe (BLRA-3) (against a Ginetta G4, you say) for a 200 A-spec four-race series sweep, but that's another long-winded story for tomorrow :bowdown: :bowdown: . Goodnight and savor the anticipation.:cheers:

For a minimal fee, if any poor soul requires my Mini setup, I can add to this post at a later date ;) . Right now I'm too tired from doing my Victory dance for an hour:lol: :lol: .

******___________________________________________________________******
Although no money has been transferred to my Swiss bank account as of yet, I'll be generous enough to give the Mini setup for New York. It should work for the other races as well.

All drivetrain mods
No rollcage
No weight reduction
Racing Exhaust
NOS 100% (not nearly high enough)
Tires S1, S2 (softer rear tires really doesn't seem to help and may even hinder turning sharply)
Brake Controller 3, 14 (I'm guessing it makes the softer rears grab sooner but not sure????)
Driving Aids 1, 1, 1 (just enough to control traction, but not enough to waste HP in turns????)
Semi-Racing Flywheel (it just happened that way, it wasn't intentional)
Transmission 2.310, 1.840, 1.430, 1.150, 0.940, 0.800 Final 5.360 Auto 4 (I manually adjusted gears)
Suspension
13.0, 11.0
120, 130 (yes 120, 130)
10, 10
10, 10
0.0, 0.3
-3, -4
6, 3
LSD 10, 20, 10
Ballast 170, -15

This particular Mini One had about 12,000 miles put on it and cranked out 86 HP on the settings screen.

How did I arrive at the suspension and transmission settings? Beats me. Probably desperation. I didn't use these settings for the other races. I tried, well, anything that might magically shave off 15 seconds from some of my N.Y. race defeats. This just happened to be the setup that won although I tried softer and harder suspensions and various gear settings at other extremely unsuccessful New York races. If this setup gave me an edge, I can't tell. The Mini handled nicely enough, but hardly enough to make that much of a difference. As I said above, I'm sure it's the lineup, driving and blocking that matters most. Anyway, good luck to the rest of the A-spec nutters. You'll need good luck far more than my crummy Mini settings to win this race for 200 points.

See THE MINI RACE on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF8-N7ELQPs

👍 Hold the 🤬 presses...News Flash!!! Mini One delivers serious whupass at New York for 200 A-specs
Congratulations on that victory, I tried the same lineup not so long ago but failed miserably serveral times. Best place was 2nd.:grumpy:
if any poor soul requires my Mini setup
Ok, ok,no need to rub it in ;) Yes please, share the info! 👍

AMG.

I'm in the same boat nige, I can't even come close on the first race @ Autumn Ring with this car. The closest I've been so far is just under 6 seconds away, but in 4th place. CRAZY!!!

Ok nige. I just got it done last night. Here's my info....

Hyundai Sports Festival
'01 Hyundai Tiburon GT with approx. 10,472 miles on it
no oil change
3D Type DB wing 0/0, just put it on for looks
both brake upgrades, default
fc suspension, lowered the ride height all the way, everything else is default
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel, & fc limited-slip
increase rigidity, & rigidity refresher plan

Autumn Ring
N1's front, & N2's rear, yes N2's, for some reason I did this, don't even ask....lol
nitrous @ 70
ballast @ 200, 50 towards the front
TCS & ASM front & rear @ 0
final gear-4.428, auto @ 2
showing 159 hp @ parts change/settings menu

the key to most of these races is driving dirty as can be....I used the other cars in the turns quite a bit to help me get through the turns better, ramming them into sandtraps, on the first race, I was curb/grass hopping at one point, pretty much every dirty tactic out there.

Hong Kong
same setup as Autumn Ring except I did switch to N3's on the rear
same hp rating of course
and pretty much the same strategy minus the grass cutting of course.

Grand Valley East
same setup as Hong Kong
same hp
this race was really easy....probably due to the standing start compared to the rolling start.

Tsukuba
same setup as Hong Kong & Grand Valley East, except changed the auto to 1
same hp
same strategy as first 2 races

Seoul
same setup as Hong Kong, & Grand Valley East, but should've tried the auto @ 3
same hp
same strategy as first 2 races, although this one was the second easiest, it is a rolling start race, but all of the cars are closer together on this one, I ran this race fairly clean, I booted one car outta the way going into the first 180 degree left-hander, other than that it was just luck, cause on the last lap, about half-way through the track, the first place car hit a wall nearly head on, I think I would've caught him anyways, as I still had 4 units of nitrous left, and right before he wiped out, I was only 1.3 seconds away from him.

Anyways, hope this helps anyone out.....just race dirty....it sucks, I hate racing dirty, but for these points....sometimes you have to.

Many thanks for the tips. Lots of useful info there. Might just give this one another go in the next few days.👍 👍 👍
nige

Like Sirberra have just managed 200 points in the Mini Series at New York.
Used Mini One '02 with 82 bhp ( garage screen ) against a Mini One ( starting on pole ), Mini Cooper and 3 Cooper S's ( starting 3,4 and 5 ) . Used SM tyres and 130 ballast.
Sirberra's suspension settings (see Post 24) worked a treat . I would highly recommend them!! 👍 👍 👍 👍

Had to use a combination of full Nos and blocking to win by 0.2XX secs. Hasten to say I saved the replay!!!!

This is one PITA out of the way. Only Tokyo now to complete the set!!

Follow up: 200 points at Tokyo using Mini One '02 against:
Mini One
Mini Cooper S
Mini Cooper
Mini Cooper S
Mini Cooper S

Used Sirberra's settings as above with SM tyres and full NOS. Using Medium tyres really help with the handling. Strategies used included wall riding and bashing leading Cooper S into the wall at the final corner. Did I feel guilty - NO!!!!! This now completes the Mini set !!!

nige

Mini in NY
@ nige, I believe you must have used S1 (=SHard) on front wheels to get 200pts. S2 (SM) doesnt get you 200.

Last evening retried the Mini in NY with Sirberra's settings. (thx for those) 1 Modification made. Didn't use the race exhaust and opted for 65W instead.
It took me 35 resets (20 mins or so) to find the lineup 1,C,S,S,S. Then another 3 hours of retrying and trying and retrying to win NY.
At 01:30 in the night I gave up. BUT I left the PS2 running, didnt fancy going through 30 resets again. Just now I switched back to the above settings
(having tried N3 tyres as well for 200pt) and thought I'd give it another try.

For the 1st time I managed (on 1st attempt today) finally to get in to 1st place on lap 1 at near enough the same spot as Sirberra has in his Youtube vid.
I lost it to the yellow S on the return straight (towards bottom of minimap)
but regained at the hairpin only to lose it again on the straight towards the roundabout.
Just as we start the roundabout (lap2) I tap the yellow one and he parks his car. :)

The Blue and green minis are right up my exhaust pipe :scared: around the roundabout and the blue one manages 1st place but I retake
at the end of the 'circle' as we make it fir the short straight. He scrapes by me again in 1 of the 90 degree corners:grumpy: and I overtake him again. :)
Lots of swapping 1st and 2nd places.:grumpy: :) :grumpy: :)
At the start of the downward straight I just have 2 units left and have to block both the blue and green mini. I don't use the NOS but I am tempted.
I successfully negotiate the hairpin and with 2 units and floor it for the final straight section up to the checkered flag. Nos blown before I reach the S/F, lots of swerving to keep them blocked and finally.......
Victory 0.167s Mov.

Thank goodness. Mini series now archived (and saved NY replay)
PS The yellow mini never was a threat anymore after he parked it.

AMG.

Mini in NY
@ nige, I believe you must have used S1 (=SHard) on front wheels to get 200pts. S2 (SM) doesnt get you 200.

Last evening retried the Mini in NY with Sirberra's settings. (thx for those) 1 Modification made. Didn't use the race exhaust and opted for 65W instead.
It took me 35 resets (20 mins or so) to find the lineup 1,C,S,S,S. Then another 3 hours of retrying and trying and retrying to win NY.
At 01:30 in the night I gave up. BUT I left the PS2 running, didnt fancy going through 30 resets again. Just now I switched back to the above settings
(having tried N3 tyres as well for 200pt) and thought I'd give it another try.

For the 1st time I managed (on 1st attempt today) finally to get in to 1st place on lap 1 at near enough the same spot as Sirberra has in his Youtube vid.
I lost it to the yellow S on the return straight (towards bottom of minimap)
but regained at the hairpin only to lose it again on the straight towards the roundabout.
Just as we start the roundabout (lap2) I tap the yellow one and he parks his car. :)

The Blue and green minis are right up my exhaust pipe :scared: around the roundabout and the blue one manages 1st place but I retake
at the end of the 'circle' as we make it fir the short straight. He scrapes by me again in 1 of the 90 degree corners:grumpy: and I overtake him again. :)
Lots of swapping 1st and 2nd places.:grumpy: :) :grumpy: :)
At the start of the downward straight I just have 2 units left and have to block both the blue and green mini. I don't use the NOS but I am tempted.
I successfully negotiate the hairpin and with 2 units and floor it for the final straight section up to the checkered flag. Nos blown before I reach the S/F, lots of swerving to keep them blocked and finally.......
Victory 0.167s Mov.

Thank goodness. Mini series now archived (and saved NY replay)
PS The yellow mini never was a threat anymore after he parked it.

AMG.

AMG -Will check but I wrote down settings immediately after race. Could have been SH/SM combination. Will do race again although not to win, couldn't go through that again!
Congrats on your Mini wins. 👍 👍
nige

Edit : Have rechecked Mini race . You definitely can get 200 points using Sports Medium tyres front and back against 3 Cooper S's. Cooper and Mini One with ballast at 130 and old oil etc. Car on garage sceen 82 hp.

Edit : Have rechecked Mini race . You definitely can get 200 points using Sports Medium tyres front and back against 3 Cooper S's. Cooper and Mini One with ballast at 130 and old oil etc. Car on garage sceen 82 hp.

You're absolutely right. Just checked myself as well. Didn't expect that only 65 weight difference would equal 1 tyre 'hardness' difference.

So 80hp (sell screen value) + 9000 mls + S2 + 130W can do it and so can
So 80hp (sell screen value) + 9000 mls + S1 + 065W

AMG.

Back