Only 1 win in 92 races

• Thread starter thestig911
  • 199 comments
I believe I have 27 wins, I’ll find the exact stats when I log on again but last time I checked I was over 20. Not sure how many races though.

I seem to have been around top B for ages now. I get a little closer to A and then have a bad race and then get dropped a little lower again. Maybe I am never destined to get to A :banghead::banghead::banghead:

DR: B
SR: S

Sport Mode Races 367
Sport Mode Wins 25
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races 4
Sport Mode Pole Position 31
Sport Mode Fastest Laps 24

Best chance of win is also when you start early as not many people have put in the Great times and you start Top
140+ races, 0 win :lol:. I finished 2nd 2 times, and my average place is about 7-10. But it doesn't matter, it's challenging, I have fun and it's the most important.

I am B DR, B (to S, sometimes) SR.
This. Even finishing not in the Top 5 is super fun coz its like Real Racing. You get that thrill of being in an actual race and even if you managed that 1 good overtake or successfully defended your position,it feels so awesome.

PD should really implement a podium in the game. Even if winning is not always within reach, at least put a podium and give people something more to strive for and not just put the ONLY value on the victory. From my perspective, right now we have this whole Ricky Bobby "if you ain't first, you're last" kinda thing going . I do like the thrill of battling with other players up and down the grid even if it is not for winning the race but I just think it would feel so much better if you are racing and even though you know you can't win, at least you can aim for the podium.

335 races finished, wrapped up win #101 last night @ Nurburgring GP Race C with a 2 pit stop. Accidentally double pressed X when changing tires and had to come back in for a splash and dash to the victory :lol:

I also work 10am-6pm on the west coast 5 days a week. Don’t really eat a whole lot though.

I did this on Bathurst the other day, had a big lead as P2 got caught up defending his position early on.
Double tapped X, luckily I had enough fuel for 1 more lap and P1 got stuck behind some back markers for a few seconds allowed me to catch up and pass on the last corner - crazy finish.

Just got my 50th win last night on Suzuka, about 200 races now.

The key is qualifying. If you get within about 3 seconds of the top 10 and keep joining races, there's a good chance you'll get some pole positions, where usually all you have to do is stay close to your qualifying time. I think I've had 9 poles and 6 wins in less than 50 races, most at DR B SR C.

Curious how often you get placed with B/S drivers, as I usually see a lone S/S up front as a B/S driver. And usually the same one race after race. I know there are more S/S drivers out there since when I hit A/S I got in rooms while half S/S half A/S. Just weird I see the same S/S drivers while driving in B/S rooms. (NA server)

Also North America and honestly it’s hit or miss with the lobbies... some races have another S/S or 2 and the vast majority A/S... and then I’ve been in lobbies where the next highest was B/S lol which actually makes me mad because it took me 260+ wins to get to S/S because of the algorithm... completely annihilating your opponent for little to no reward is frustrating. And then when one decideds to take you out on turn 1 the next race your DR goes way down. It was a frustrating and tiresome journey to S/S. Also I only did One Make Races after 1.06 because I don’t like Gr3 and Gr4 was unbalanced for quite some time. One Make Races seem to have a greater variety of DR’s thrown into the same lobby. I’ll probably never Sport Mode again though tbh... I didn’t find it very fun in comparison to Lobby Racing.

Also North America and honestly it’s hit or miss with the lobbies... some races have another S/S or 2 and the vast majority A/S... and then I’ve been in lobbies where the next highest was B/S lol which actually makes me mad because it took me 260+ wins to get to S/S because of the algorithm... completely annihilating your opponent for little to no reward is frustrating. And then when one decideds to take you out on turn 1 the next race your DR goes way down. It was a frustrating and tiresome journey to S/S. Also I only did One Make Races after 1.06 because I don’t like Gr3 and Gr4 was unbalanced for quite some time. One Make Races seem to have a greater variety of DR’s thrown into the same lobby. I’ll probably never Sport Mode again though tbh... I didn’t find it very fun in comparison to Lobby Racing.
Exactly the same happened to me. I also completely stopped playing Gr3 and 4, my feeling is that the vast majority of players only drives Gr3 and 4. And that’s why so much **** is going on in these races. People who have no abilities to race these fast cars and only causing havoc and pain in my head. No thanks. On the other side the one makes are my thing to go with. Although i‘ve Reached a peak where it’s insanely difficult to raise my dr further or get competitive racing together. I‘m almost cursed to win because most of the time I get paired with D‘s and C‘s and very rare B‘s and almost none A‘s which means even if I win I just get maybe 20-60 points max. But if I should loose in these weak Sof lobbies the loss of points is so huge compared to how much I could gain. The relation is just absurd.

Those S guys I see robbing all my chances of winning don't go on the Internet, they don't eat, don't wash and don't sleep as they are constantly playing to improve themselves.
At least that what I tell myself to make me feel better.

Some Czech guy called Derek something is always on pole/winning my sport races. Occasionally it's some other s guy, but mostly Derek.

My stats:
9 poles
6 fastest laps
6 wins
218 races
Race on other times, like sunday late evening most ppl need to work and are in bed, mid week late night. No weekend bc then all the noobs are there aswell

I've finished 155 Sport Mode races.

7 consecutive clean races
65 Poles
69 Fastest laps
67 Victories

Not too bad for being a terrible driver. :lol:

Still want to improve but don't have as much time as I used too.

I've finished 155 Sport Mode races.

7 consecutive clean races
65 Poles
69 Fastest laps
67 Victories

Not too bad for being a terrible driver. :lol:

Still want to improve but don't have as much time as I used too.
I don't think your terrible with that stat line

Yeah I figured it would be just as frustrating for the S/S driver at the front as the B/S drivers behind struggling to get to the finish line in time in a 10 lap race. You can only lose in such a position.

I lowered my SR for a while to get more even matches and lo and behold I get paired with A/B drivers up front. I didn't even think you could be DR.A and SR.B. Eventually at D/B I got paired with B/B racers of equal skill and found some great clean duels. We even had qualifying times all within 0.1 sec in the top 3. Ofcourse it took no time to return to B/S when you start in the top 3. People of my medium skill level do exist, why won't the game match me with them.

I haven't won a race since launch. And when I do place high, I get disconnected. Once or twice I realize that I was placing high because I was disconnected though, but I've had some serious battles and disconnected....

Best chance of win is also when you start early as not many people have put in the Great times and you start Top

This. Even finishing not in the Top 5 is super fun coz its like Real Racing. You get that thrill of being in an actual race and even if you managed that 1 good overtake or successfully defended your position,it feels so awesome.

Can't agree anymore. It is fun for real race regardless the final position. Enjoy close battle with nice mates.

Finally got my eighth win. Have now done more than 200 races.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180110211633.jpg

If winning is so important, just drop out (disconnect) of 5-7 races and your DR and SR will drop to E or lower.
Then own the noobs for a couple of races, collect 1-3 wins and youre back at your previous DR/SR ;)

I havent done that, but I have a friend who does it to get the wins and fastest laps ;)

GT-Sport Sport-Mode is designed to match you with similar people so the racing is close. You might not win a lot but it should be good fun provided everyone is clean. If you win all the time the system isn't working (or you're up at DR:S) and if you come last all the time it isn't working (or you're bottom of DR:E).

I just don't win dailies anymore, ever, since getting into DR:A because I'm always matched with DR:S aliens. It's good fun though fighting for 8th from 14th or so :) .

I've got over 100 wins but not sure how many races I've done. The biggest tip I can give to people to help win races is to turn off the TC and learn to be smooth with the throttle.

Can't be bothered actually checking my stats but I've only had 3 wins in many many races. I just like to make sure I make up places then I'm happy. Don't care if I win or not, would be nice to win some more but I'm happy if I have a good clean race and make a couple of positions.
I've come to the conclusion that I'm too clean a driver to win. I could easily have more wins if I drove the way I see others drive every day. But I simply refuse to be anything but a gentleman on the track.

Back