Only 1 win in 92 races

• Thread starter thestig911
  • 199 comments
I was about to be 4 wins in 11 races but was smote by an errant penalty as I passed lap traffic. I threw a big hissy fit and deleted the game :lol:

I chalk my win ratio up to consistency, not playing enough to get to my proper DR level and not spending more than 3 or 4 laps qualifying. I was never able to crack top 10 but never really tried. I find that after 3 or 4 laps, it could take me 10 or 15 to really make any further gains, so forget it.

I have yet to try online, as I've only had the game for about 3 weeks. So far I'm enjoying photomode the campaign (trying to get back into the swing of things, as it's been years since I've last played a proper racing game).

What can I expect from all this?

I have yet to try online, as I've only had the game for about 3 weeks. So far I'm enjoying photomode the campaign (trying to get back into the swing of things, as it's been years since I've last played a proper racing game).

What can I expect from all this?

Basically;
The game uses the following rating system. E, D, C, B, A and S - S being the highest and E being the lowest.
There are 2 rating systems, DR (Driver rating) and SR (Sportsmanship or Safety rating).

DR goes up/down depending on how fast you drive.
SR goes up/down depending on how clean you drive.

For some people, they have a high SR rating (A or S), but a relatively low DR rating (C or D).

Depending on the time of day, there may not be enough people with a DR of D to match 12-20 people (depending on the race) who are all relatively close in SR. The game also prioritizes grouping you with drivers who have the same SR as you (or very close).

This means that a driver like the OP who has a relatively high SR, but a relatively low DR will usually get matched with a range of drivers, some who are quicker, some slower - but most around his speed. This can make winning difficult if you are a lower skilled driver with a high SR.

For example, my FIA race on Interlagos on Monday night was ridiculous.
I am S/S in DR and SR and I got grouped with 2 other DR A drivers, and the rest were DR D.
The race wasn't really fun for me as I qualified nearly a second faster than 2nd place, and drove away from everyone for 10 laps - the two DR A guys behind me had a great battle all race long and finished very tight - and I'm sure there were plenty of other drivers having good battles.
I would've much preferred if that FIA race had ran without me or the other DR A drivers in it - as I finished about 15 seconds clear of P2/3 who finished about 15 seconds clear of 4th - not really fair for the lower DR drivers, especially since half of them didn't even get to cross the line.

I appreciate the responses!

I understand a bit of the clean driving process, as I've always been that way in every GT. But in an online race against actual people? Why do I have a bad feeling about this... haha.

This means that a driver like the OP who has a relatively high SR, but a relatively low DR will usually get matched with a range of drivers, some who are quicker, some slower - but most around his speed. This can make winning difficult if you are a lower skilled driver with a high SR.

Ahem, I’d say I have a middling DR! Anyway, ref your last point, I think you are right, my Second win came when I had dropped back to SR-A, was matched with mostly DR-Cs and a couple of Bs. after the win was back up to SR-S, and was matched with some DR-Bs and As!

I have 54 races and 15 wins. To be fair the bulk of my wins were whenIi was D/C rank and was just destroying the other players.

Basically;
The game uses the following rating system. E, D, C, B, A and S - S being the highest and E being the lowest.
There are 2 rating systems, DR (Driver rating) and SR (Sportsmanship or Safety rating).

DR goes up/down depending on how fast you drive.
SR goes up/down depending on how clean you drive.

For some people, they have a high SR rating (A or S), but a relatively low DR rating (C or D).

Depending on the time of day, there may not be enough people with a DR of D to match 12-20 people (depending on the race) who are all relatively close in SR. The game also prioritizes grouping you with drivers who have the same SR as you (or very close).

For example, my FIA race on Interlagos on Monday night was ridiculous.
I am S/S in DR and SR and I got grouped with 2 other DR A drivers, and the rest were DR D.
The race wasn't really fun for me as I qualified nearly a second faster than 2nd place, and drove away from everyone for 10 laps - the two DR A guys behind me had a great battle all race long and finished very tight - and I'm sure there were plenty of other drivers having good battles.
I would've much preferred if that FIA race had ran without me or the other DR A drivers in it - as I finished about 15 seconds clear of P2/3 who finished about 15 seconds clear of 4th - not really fair for the lower DR drivers, especially since half of them didn't even get to cross the line.

Yes, agreed with you. A close battle is always the most enjoyable past of the game.
I was lucky on Monday FIA interlagos race that drivers with similar time grouped together.
The first 4 cars got a very tight and exciting, most importantly clean, race till the end.
Enjoyed it a lot.
IMG_2966.JPG

I know that feeling. I've got 50 races in. 2 Wins and 1 Fastest lap. I seriously doubt I would ever get pole or win that many races as Im just on a controller and just use cars I like than what technially would be faster.

Either way on average I usually finish 3rd to 7th, depending. As long as I have some fun clean close racing I'm more than fine as I'm not a stats guy.

Yes, agreed with you. A close battle is always the most enjoyable past of the game.
I was lucky on Monday FIA interlagos race that drivers with similar time grouped together.
The first 4 cars got a very tight and exciting, most importantly clean, race till the end.
Enjoyed it a lot.
View attachment 705514

I have never seen a room like that in the daily as a B/S driver after 700 races... Today I even got this in Daily B
m0Dc.jpg

Why even bother with rankings :)

It behaves better during prime time, yet always DR.A or DR.S up front.

A/A
145 races
40 wins
39 fastest laps
39 pole positions
(most of my play time is spent in S Sr, but I have a tendency to quit races when I'm not enjoying the races, probably lowering both my SR AND DR)

I was just thinking of making a similar post. Everytime I get faster, I just get paired with faster people. I never get to win at my level... I'm now DR B, and I never won a single race when I was DR C.

All of my wins came in DR D.

Dr B
Sr S
Races finished: 123
Wins: 3
Pole Positions: 0
Fastest laps: 1

Don't mean to bump an older topic, but I feel like I need to post an update here.

I love the match making system in GTS now. As I kept getting put with faster and faster people, I have started to realize how quickly I have evolved as a racer over the past month.

No game has improved my racing skills as much as GTS has.

Stats from a month ago 》》》 current stats

Dr (very low) B 》》》(Halfway) B

Sr S 》》》 S

Races finished: 123 》》》205

Wins: 3 》》》9

Pole Positions: 0》》》1

Fastest laps: 1》》》3

I was even able to win two point races last season. By doing so, I was able to finish a career high 20th for Dodge in the Manufacturer Series!

Currently this season, I am 12th for Dodge :)

I still have a lot of work to do with this game though because most of my wins have come at one track. I'm still trying to get better at other tracks as I still struggle on them pretty bad... I haven't figured them out like I've figured out Interlagos

I've started to keep a list of my success in GTS. By doing so, I'm setting goals for myself to attain. Next up on my check list is to win a Gr1 race. That might take a little bit as I still have to get a top 5 finish first... I think my best finish in a Gr1 race is like 10th lol

Key: DRS = Daily Race Series, MS = Manufacturer Series, F:W9 = That pole is the same race where I got my 9th win.
Screenshot_20180210-115351.png

I hope others see success as they continue to play!

Last edited:
I do think the matchmaking is causing a bit of a problem. It seems to match by SR first, so you can end up matching people with completely different speeds.

Im a fairly mid DR S, but when I have max SR i am often matched with top10 guys so there is very little chance ill win (top5 finish is generally a good race)

But if I drop to SR A then I am often several seconds faster than the next guy. Even at low SR S it’s still obviously quite a different field.

I don’t see why they don’t just match by qualifying time. Put first 20 in one race, next 20 in one race, etc. Maybe with some slight tweaking if someone has an awful SR. But generally the faster/closer the guys the cleaner the racing.

If you are DR C/D with max SR then I can’t see how you’d ever win a race. You’d have to nerf your SR to be matched with people with more comparable qualifying times.

I don’t see why they don’t just match by qualifying time. Put first 20 in one race, next 20 in one race, etc. Maybe with some slight tweaking if someone has an awful SR. But generally the faster/closer the guys the cleaner the racing.
Then we might as well skip SR all together.

I do think the matchmaking is causing a bit of a problem. It seems to match by SR first, so you can end up matching people with completely different speeds. If you are DR C/D with max SR then I can’t see how you’d ever win a race. You’d have to nerf your SR to be matched with people with more comparable qualifying times.

I guess PD did the best they could. My impression is that SR is too easy to gain ( and lose ) I got to DR/B in 3 days and have stayed there, SR/S in a couple weeks. I'm a B driver and may not make it to A. That's OK with me. But when I maintain my SR/S I get matched with the top 10 players in my region. That's just not a whole lot of fun. Maybe it's the same with those guys, running away from the rest of the field without much effort.

I think the stats somewhere shows that there are around 600 something S/S and A/S players worldwide. That would account for lopsided matchmaking.

Sport Mode Completed Races 174 (176*)
Sport Mode Performances 16,411 (in the Top 7%)
Sport Mode Sportmanship (SR) 65/99
Sport Mode Wins 5
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races 1
Sport Mode Pole Position 5
Sport Mode Fastest Laps 4

Since starting to take things seriously I'm getting a LOT better.

After 291 races finally cracked my 11th win!

Last night in FIA Championship race - ok used the M4 and Interlagos is one of my stronger tracks but as a DRB/SRS I’m usually mid pack when playing at night. Not sure how I snagged 1st - some weird combo of pit strategy and other guys falling away (saved the replay but have not watched it yet)

Attachments

• EB324567-DABD-402C-AE5E-A7B9447E299E.jpeg
    EB324567-DABD-402C-AE5E-A7B9447E299E.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 6
I have 38 Wins of 365 completed races, Dont worrie the wins will come, Concentrate on getting a good qualify time.

I always check the TOP10 for the specific track and day, and i cant reach the top 10 time, so i figured (which seems to be fairly correct) If you qualify with 2-3 seconds over the last TOP10 time then you will most likley reach PolePosition or at least top 3 which will give you a great advanatge in the race.

So in conclusion, Focus on a really good qualify time and when the race starts (and you have poleposition) focus on you and your race and the wins will come :)

Back