Only 1 win in 92 races

• Thread starter thestig911
  • 199 comments
If you qualify with 2-3 seconds over the last TOP10 time

It depends on your DR/SR points.

But I do it the same way. I use the last of the top10 for orientation and try to get 1 sec close. But I'm talking about the late evening top10 time, when the times do not change much anymore on that day.

One reason is to improve myself, but main reason is, if I'm more than 1.3 sec away from the 10th place then I'll end up in the 10th start-place or less. DR is middle A and SR is mostly 99 points

I’m working on my second profile now, but for totals so far I’m at 296 Races, 83 Poles, 59 wins and 54 fastest laps between the two, most were on my first profile though. My second profile stats aren’t as as good as my original because I started this one off by starting from the back for 2 weeks with no Q time to gain experience running in the field so it screwed my Stats up but I gained valuable experience so I’m calling it a win anyways. :)

Last edited:
x4 fastest laps
x7 pole positions
x12 wins
x62 top 5 finishes
159 races complete

Edit. 38.9% of my races have ended in a top five finish. My target for 2019 is to get that number up to 45/50%.

Last edited:
Let me update my stats for fun:

According to my post a year ago I was at 40 wins of 650 races before I gamed the system to complete the trophy. 6.1% win ratio.
Then I went to 91 out of 758 races in lower DR/SR, temporarily increasing my win ratio to 47.2%, or overall 12%
Since then I've stopped qualifying half a year later, first to get out of DR.A when the penalties in DR.A were absurd, then just for fun.
My current win ratio is 436 out of 5626 races, 7.7%. (268 poles, 439 fastest laps)

Apparently my disconnect ratio is 5406 (races completed) out of 5626, 3.9%. On average disconnected once every 25 races.

Matchmaking is entirely different today than a year ago though. No matter where you start, chances are a fast one will be on pole. I guess you can still lower your SR to get better chances at prime time. Yet on the new NA server, most of the day lower SR is already included to fill the room. And otherwise you still might run into DR resets.

Since I stopped qualifying my average positions gained has been climbing, from -1.6 or so (was never good at qualifying) to currently -3.22. With the highest at -9.51 on the new Tokyo track (since all I did there was run without qualifying)

Interesting. I'm at 228 races, 7 wins, 18 poles, 8 fastest laps. I was stuck at 3 wins for a while, but my SR dropped back to C after some tough races, and I got 4 more wins coming back up, mostly at SR-B. One thing I did notice...I can't say for sure that it's real, is that it seems that if you're within about 3% of the top ten in your region, you'll get fast guys in your race and get gridded mid pack. A little slower and you end up being "best of the rest" and don't get those really fast guys. Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell where the line may be.
What it really comes down to is luck of the draw, and driving talent. My first few races were humbling. Last time I played G&T was with GT 4. There was no GT online, and I was always among the fastest of my friends that played. Big fish in a small pond. Well, the pond is now an ocean, and I'm not the fastest guy. Give me a track I've got a handle on, and some laps, and I can do well. I hope to crack the top 100 in my region, and maybe make page 1 on the worlds. I've accepted that I'm no alien, and I'm old, so I'm not as fast as I once was. On that point, I think the biggest difference is that, though I can put in a fast lap, it's harder to hold it together for a whole race.
Not everyone is fast enough to win. Even a new DR-E with lots of talent can come in and beat a guy with 1000 races under their belt.

Edit: my best advice is make sure you recognize and take advantage of the oppertunities that come up. If you grid top 5, and the people behind are slower than you by .5 seconds or more, you have a chance to get away with the front group. Be patient, let tires warm and drivers settle on lap 1, but take advantage if someone goes wide. Be consistant and don't follow too close. Many times, if you get away with the leaders and laptimes are similar, it's the guy that makes it to the end without doing something stupid that wins.

Last edited:
Saw this thread get bumped.

Yearly update:

9 races, 0 wins, 0 poles, 0 fastest laps, 1 consecutive clean race.

SR ‘S’ / DR ‘D’

As others have said, even a year later, it's all down to SR. Almost all my wins (24 in 470 races) have been after a few bumps and being dropped to SR C or whatever, as soon as you are in with the SR S guys, good luck, they're proper quick even if DR is a B.

As others have said, even a year later, it's all down to SR. Almost all my wins (24 in 470 races) have been after a few bumps and being dropped to SR C or whatever, as soon as you are in with the SR S guys, good luck, they're proper quick even if DR is a B.

It's still possible to pop a win now and then in SR.S ...... At around 6 AM EST (3 AM PST) during weekdays :rolleyes:
The rest of the time slots are reserved for win farming by A+/S drivers taking turns :lol:

Those proper quick B/S are likely recovering from a DR reset. At least those with a (near) top 10 qualifying time.

Since the change to weeklies my win chances have gone down to early Monday / Tuesday morning. Sometimes early in the weekend as well when the fast guys are still hung over. The times that sub 90 SR drops you in a much slower room are long gone. Only in the middle of prime time, some tracks still have enough entries to make multiple SR.S rooms. (NA server)

I am at about SR 85 as of last night and my rooms were full of SR S and DR A through C. With a Race B 1.39.7 I qualify mid pack and the top 2 or so are a solid 2 seconds a lap faster. i can't run at that pace.

Sport Mode Races: 157
Sport Mode Wins: 20
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races: 2
Sport Mode Pole Position: 24
Sport Mode Fastest Laps: 30

15 wins, 10 poles and 17 fastest laps in 101 races, i am DR S SR S. Usually there will be a couple of faster guys who qualified in front of me but most of the time i can keep up on racepace and challange for the win or podium. Scoring them consistent is very hard though at this level.
Upped my qualy pace since then. Current stats.

269 race finished.
72 wins
80 poles
65 fast laps

Sport Mode Races: 135 (133 finished)
Sport Mode Performance: 27676 (top 2%)
Sport Mode SR: 99/99
Sport Mode Wins: 20
Consecutive Clean Races: 9
Pole Positions: 9
Fastest Laps: 23

Just popped GTS back in last night, did some sport Mode races, and got my butt kicked after several months off lol. Dropped from A to B....I’ll try to claw that back over the next few days as I get back up to speed.

40 wins in 70 races (DR A+/SR S). Guess I'm a lucky boi. Qualifying is the most important thing in Sport mode. If you are starting in 10th position then you have to gain around 6-8 secs right from the start. In higher ranks where times differ only slightly it is almost impossible. That's my experience so far :)

I’ve only had one win in 92 races. My rating is DRC (high C according to Kudos) and SRS. I am always qualifying around mid grid, and usually make up positions during the race, mostly 5 of 6 places on 10 lap races. I never get matched against people in races I can win. My win was when I was D, you start winning and challenging for wins then you move up a rank and cannot win, so you will always settle ina rank where you are in the middle I think. I am wondering who is winning all the races, some people must be. Curious to know people’s win ratios.
Not bad. I am also a C driver and 4 wins in 291 races.

Interesting seeing these numbers. I think poles vs wins is interesting. Probably shows consistency and performance under pressure...maybe aggressiveness too. 18 poles and only 7 wins...gotta work on that!

Pole positions definitely put you in the best place to win, if you can get out of T1 cleanly anyways lol. :D

Interesting seeing these numbers. I think poles vs wins is interesting. Probably shows consistency and performance under pressure...maybe aggressiveness too. 18 poles and only 7 wins...gotta work on that!
Poles vs fastest laps is interesting, too. Although, on the higher speed tracks, following behind other cars can be advantageous, when it comes to that.

Pole positions definitely put you in the best place to win, if you can get out of T1 cleanly anyways lol. :D

Indeed. And not only running a fast qualy time but also getting as consistently close to that pace as possible in practice before jumping into a race. If you care about results then preparation is key 👍

It does seem to be getting harder though for some of the lower ranks with all the new accounts and smaller regions. The A and B ranks have gotten very competitive and low B's and C's are now often racing in top splits.

Anyway here are my stats so far out of
616 finished races.
- 194 wins
- 267 pole positions
- 229 fastest laps

I too need to work on turning poles into wins :(

Last edited:
I havent played much lately. A/S driver.

429 races and 20 wins :guilty::lol:

But what makes this a great game is how tight the racing is. From my 429 races and with just 20 wins i have 186 top 5 finishes.. :cheers: thats racing..:bowdown:
Where do you find your number of top 5s?

Where do you find your number of top 5s?

It's in your driver stats on the official gt sport page. I'm assuming it's also available on the official companion app but im not sure.
It also provides top 5 rates, win rates, laps led rates, and average positions gained. It would be nice to see all these added to kstats in the future.

Back