Only 1 win in 92 races

• Thread starter thestig911
  • 199 comments
It's in your driver stats on the official gt sport page. I'm assuming it's also available on the official companion app but im not sure.
It also provides top 5 rates, win rates, laps led rates, and average positions gained. It would be nice to see all these added to kstats in the future.
Oh, ok. I've seen where it lists your stats for each of the tracks, but I never noticed that each of the columns is totaled.

Poles vs fastest laps is interesting, too. Although, on the higher speed tracks, following behind other cars can be advantageous, when it comes to that.
With fast laps its a bit different though. I like to run Race C wich has fuel and tire strategy. So putting in fastest laps isnt always the fastest strategy over a race distance. Its definetly the statistic i care the least about.

Also your stats depend very much on the region your racing. EU is definitely the most competitive and racking up poles and wins is gonne be tougher in a environment like that.

Consistency combined with overall pace is also a major factor on the stats. Someone who is less consistent can actually get better stats cause dropping SR is gonna match them with lower skilled players more often. I've seen kudos pages of people with like 200 races with a 50% win rate or something but their SR is all over the place and despite the 50% win rate their DR stays very low. One can be super consistent and nearly never drop below SR 99 but if their pace is slower they wont get as much wins or poles, though these guys will be racking up the DR unlike the inconsistent guys causing them to get matched with the aliens all the time.

Good point. I've seen lots of races where the fastest lap went to someone who finished in the bottom half, because they were not consistent.
I think there’s some logic to that notion though, a lot of times the driver out front has already done all the hard work in quali and the early laps, and the second half of the races doesn’t require pushing hard at all, just managing the gaps. Conversely, someone lower down the order in the closing stages might be more inclined to feel like they have nothing to lose, and therefor go for broke on the final few laps. Obviously this doesn’t happen all the time, but I don’t think it’s an uncommon occurrence.

Alternatively, if there’s a very close race at the front between the top 3 or 4, chances are they won’t be setting fastest laps if those drivers are trading places...you only get the top drivers really pushing for lap time if they’re either alone and feel like it, or if they’re in a group but decide not to battle each other (and in a 5 lap sprint race, where’s the fun in that lol).

Good point. I've seen lots of races where the fastest lap went to someone who finished in the bottom half, because they were not consistent.
Yeah true but in term of fastest laps i mean it more down the line of pitting vs no stop or fuel saving to minimize time in pit vs going all out fuel map 1. But of course going all out pushing qualy laps vs driving nice consistent race pace also counts.

And what @twitcher said is also very true.

With fast laps its a bit different though. I like to run Race C wich has fuel and tire strategy. So putting in fastest laps isnt always the fastest strategy over a race distance. Its definetly the statistic i care the least about.

Also your stats depend very much on the region your racing. EU is definitely the most competitive and racking up poles and wins is gonne be tougher in a environment like that.

Consistency combined with overall pace is also a major factor on the stats. Someone who is less consistent can actually get better stats cause dropping SR is gonna match them with lower skilled players more often. I've seen kudos pages of people with like 200 races with a 50% win rate or something but their SR is all over the place and despite the 50% win rate their DR stays very low. One can be super consistent and nearly never drop below SR 99 but if their pace is slower they wont get as much wins or poles, though these guys will be racking up the DR unlike the inconsistent guys causing them to get matched with the aliens all the time.

There are also at least 5 times more people playing in Europe. You should have a much bigger chance to get in a slower room with all the faster people grouped together. In NA you always have the fast people on pole, then down to B/S in prime time, down to D/E in off hours.

Dropping SR still works in NA, yet at SR.S you are almost guaranteed to race with the aliens.

There are also at least 5 times more people playing in Europe. You should have a much bigger chance to get in a slower room with all the faster people grouped together. In NA you always have the fast people on pole, then down to B/S in prime time, down to D/E in off hours.

Dropping SR still works in NA, yet at SR.S you are almost guaranteed to race with the aliens.
That's a fair point you made.

For low to mid level drivers fewer players makes it harder to obtain poles/wins.

For mid to high level drivers more players makes it harder to obtain poles/wins.

Last edited:
It's in your driver stats on the official gt sport page. I'm assuming it's also available on the official companion app but im not sure.
It also provides top 5 rates, win rates, laps led rates, and average positions gained. It would be nice to see all these added to kstats in the future.

I might be dense but I can't find these figures at all, I can only see achievements which are capped (ie 20 poles award)

Indeed. And not only running a fast qualy time but also getting as consistently close to that pace as possible in practice before jumping into a race. If you care about results then preparation is key 👍

It does seem to be getting harder though for some of the lower ranks with all the new accounts and smaller regions. The A and B ranks have gotten very competitive and low B's and C's are now often racing in top splits.

Anyway here are my stats so far out of
616 finished races.
- 194 wins
- 267 pole positions
- 229 fastest laps

I too need to work on turning poles into wins :(

I completely agree, race pace is worth just as much as a good Q time, maybe even more. I’ll usually spend at least and hour or so doing hot laps on a track before jumping in, sometimes more. I don’t want to have to think too much about driving while I’m trying to race if that makes any sense at all. :)

With the recent changes to the matchmaking in Sport Mode, you could probably get more wins...

I completely agree, race pace is worth just as much as a good Q time, maybe even more. I’ll usually spend at least and hour or so doing hot laps on a track before jumping in, sometimes more. I don’t want to have to think too much about driving while I’m trying to race if that makes any sense at all. :)

That’s pure gold!
Last night I did opposite boom minus 10sr

I totally agree, and I usually do the same routine before my first race. It definitely helps to be comfortable at speed when you're in the heat of battle.
But yeah, I've learned the hard way that consistency is essential to staying above 50k, especially when one bad result can easily erase a day or a week's worth of work (or ENTIRE MONTHS if you get reset :banghead:)

I won 2 races right off the bat but I'm pretty sure that was just the system learning my skill level. I've only won 2 more in the last 300 races and honestly it's a bit annoying because my skill is pretty good and it's the competition that messes up my races. I just try to remember the point is to have fun, which I am, most of the time.

The fastest time for race A is a guy who's rated D/S.

If you watch the replay his ABS light is red, means he is using the brake glitch. It definitely makes a difference, if I rest my foot on the brake I will start accelerating away from my ghost.

Sport Mode Races618 | Finished: 601 (601*)
Sport Mode Performances15,100 (in the Top 7%) Details
Sport Mode Sportmanship (SR)77/99 Details
Sport Mode Wins17 (17*) | Daily: 16 / FIA: 1
Sport Mode Consecutive Clean Races3
Sport Mode Pole Position36 (34*) | Daily: 36 / FIA: 0
Sport Mode Leading Laps3.7% | Daily: 3.7% | FIA: 3.9%
Sport Mode Fastest Laps18

My SR slipped from SR99 on Sunday, had a guy that wouldnt race me clean, he kept knocking me high at the apex or using me as wall in turns then I would lose straightaway speed, I got tired of getting SR downs from him and costing me time so against my better judgement I gave him a punt :mad::mad::mad:

I posted this a year ago:
I'm DR/B and SR/S. 13 wins, 13 poles, 16 fastest laps out of 278 races.

Wow, how much has changed in a year.
A/S
DR 31,911
SR 80 ( yea I know....)
Races: 1193
Wins: 86
Poles: 55
Clean races: 7
Fastest laps: 119

Second account
B/S
DR 26,975