OPEN FOR ENTRIES - START DATE ON HOLD - GT500 SERIES ENDURANCE SERIES - Monday Nights 18:30UKFinished 

Don't normally check my emails to much, something just made me do it today.

Beta test invite :gtpflag:
Me too :D

tmp_27917-IMG_20170413_185507561903054.jpg

I still didn't get the invite dammit :scared:

Arcade mode where you can test cars for some reason is not avaliable in phase 2 beta @monkeywall, as I hear they will open Sport Mode(online racing only) on Saturday at 3pm but untill then you won't be able to get any testing in I'm afraid.

Happy for you guys to get it! Enjoy it over the weekend :cheers:

Meanwhile I'll be refreshing my mail lol

giphy.gif

Actually there might qualy time trials open already tomorrow for saturdays races, so you guys might get some laps in before the weekend.

it'll come @nissman :)

there seems to be nothing until the 15th looks cool need to start doing some research on tuning if it's allowed for the races etc, can adjust some settings. Gear ratio looks nice it tells you the max speed of the individual gears.

Yes hopefully it will come, I'm just afraid PD doesnt even know that small Slovenia excist lol.

Really max speed for individual gears thats a cool feature. Can't wait to try it out.

Niss - from what I have seen from here and others if you apply you tend get it - I applied twice but have it now, maybe try applying again ? You are one of the most hyped drivers I've seen haha and its unfair that you don't have it yet !

For my part I got it downloaded,

It looks GORGEOUS. Not played yet as its locked until 3pm tomorrow when they are testing the servers. You can go into the car settings though - not crazy different but some cool tweaks - it has automatic BoP settings, and @mirial TEN saves for setups! The driver rating system looks cool, as well as the sportsmanship rating. But the main thing for me is the sound, which seems much better and harks back to GT2 which I thought had really good car sounds

By chance maybe see some of you guys in the online test race(s) tomorrow ;)

Niss - from what I have seen from here and others if you apply you tend get it - I applied twice but have it now, maybe try applying again ? You are one of the most hyped drivers I've seen haha and its unfair that you don't have it yet !

For my part I got it downloaded,

It looks GORGEOUS. Not played yet as its locked until 3pm tomorrow when they are testing the servers. You can go into the car settings though - not crazy different but some cool tweaks - it has automatic BoP settings, and @mirial TEN saves for setups! The driver rating system looks cool, as well as the sportsmanship rating. But the main thing for me is the sound, which seems much better and harks back to GT2 which I thought had really good car sounds

By chance maybe see some of you guys in the online test race(s) tomorrow ;)

I had to sell a few P330s to afford all those Lexuses for all the setups that were pretty good, but then it became a total pain in the 🤬 trying to identify and maintain them.

I'm tempted to get a PS4 now rather than wait until the full game comes out, but maybe there is a limit to the number of downloads available per country?

Ps:- I've been spec'ing the McLaren and GT test car in between times for the enduro....looks like no one is interested at all now! Got the McLaren handling very nicely at Deep forest with mild understeer but still pointing into the corner in contrast to the test car which is still nearly a second off with the same power and 100kg heavier.

Would be good to get some feedback from @monkeywall and @DeltaJuliet as previous posts with the US versions haven't been clear; in particular when the track limit penalties activate, handling characteristics relative to GT6 (Dabomb suggested that the cars understeer more rather than any background ASM that is "turned off" a few days ago, but an update seems to have changed it.

Last edited:
I just got the invite

Awesome :D 👍 :cheers:
You all can practice on the tracks and still do your daily workout and you get a car for completing your daily workout. The tracks are open for practice in the online mode so you can adjust your cars. I've been trying to get in the daily workouts everyday. I've only managed 10 new cars out of the 12 I have.
Haven't been on since Monday. I had to put my 14 year old AmStaff to rest this last Wednesday and haven't been in the mood since she passed. Such a loyal friend and awesome companion. I'm missing her so much. :(

Managed to get on yesterday to try the quailfying. The braking assist caught me out tried to take a corner just by lifting and it started braking completely confused me, it's on by default in the beta. Cars feel nice to drive managed to control a drift for once. Have to turn the wheel more, something I find awkward because of my rig setup, but feels more real. Never got the chance to race server error telling me I had no internet when I did. Driver/dash display is nice but a little big in bummper cam the only veiw i used.

@CrazyJohn seen your quaily times yesterday 👍 very nice matching Max. did you, @DeltaJuliet , @richroo or @MadMax have any issues with getting into races ?

going to try make the last race today.

I've been spec'ing the McLaren and GT test car in between times for the enduro....looks like no one is interested at all now! Got the McLaren handling very nicely at Deep forest with mild understeer but still pointing into the corner in contrast to the test car which is still nearly a second off with the same power and 100kg heavier.

I've been very busy lately and had no time to spec anything, but rest asure I will try to make this happen, it will be the last event on GT6 for me /(and many others)
As of now we have 7 confirmed drivers from this series, and I'll recruit a few more.

If its off pace with 100kg heavier, just remove that ballast?

If its off pace with 100kg heavier, just remove that ballast?

I'll have to check but its minimum weight as far as I know is 1150. Best to check it accurately on the Ring because its handling characteristics I think are better suited to it than the McLaren on all those narrow medium speed corners.

Had the same issues,four hours one race .. Looks better but still feels like old one .
You can turn brake assist off monkey..
Hud let's you adjust tc and that on fly ,was extra races today and time trial for tomorrow's racing ..big willow and nurburg added :)

@monkeywall it seemed ok but I did get the no internet info but by then had raced three times at the Dragon circuit (I forget full name but was very good and new)

I played in an Audi TT mainly, comments on that are I found it very understeery and being 4wd it understeered out of corners too, like the Veyron in GT6. It also felt like you had to brake really early, but that may be the tyres or that its a road car or that I didn't really play about with setup. Certainly to hussle it along took some time to get used to, brake early turn early and 'throw' the car in.

In summary though I thought it felt fairly realistic, and typically 'audi' i.e. a bit vacant (sorry Audi fans), so I guess that is good lol

There is a cool setting I noticed that you can change the richness of the engine mid race, ie for power or better fuel economy, looked cool. Don't know actual bhp difference it makes though. The hud is good in general, and the graphics are excellent - also its great to see many different cars that have BoP activated in the top ten qualifying so it looks like the auto BoP settings are good.

@mirial track limits I tried not to explore too much , you seem able to use all of the kerbs though without penalty - the sportsmanship rating is constantly getting updated - and I suspect from limited running, all four wheels inside white line, and no wheels outside of rumble strips/kerbs.

Think that's all I have to report for now !

Gents I'll not be able to take part in anything GT6, the ps3 has been handed over to the little ones :nervous: it'll last a week :lol:

@mirial check out the spoiler more thought out opinion of GTSport

The bumper cam seems a little better can see the curbs more but not a vast improvement, I'll be sticking with bumper cam and not going to bonnet like I planned it's still at a weird angel. Still trying to get my head around tuning and find a good one. The advice on the physic thread seems to only work sometimes. After spending time reading it, take a couple of notes about SUS advice and search for real life SUS setup guide's, It seems that either everyone is trying to use RL advice or that GTSport is closer to RL than GT6 when it comes to SUS. Can not get LSD right at all still need time testing to say anything more. When it comes to driving pedal input/control is more important than GT6, finding I have to be more progressive with throttle or I lose acceleration due to wheel spin. I have tcs off and mild abs, there is only 3 settings for abs off, mild and default. With mild you still get a little bit off locking up at the final phase of breaking trail breaking important. Which I hate with the G29 have it a year and still can't do what I did with the DFGT. When I get a good tune I'll be able to give you something more, I've been thinking though what if the beta doesn't have the full physic's that will be in the final game. Also the races are like the quick matches of GT6 although when I moved from SR group E to D it got a little better. hope this helps remember though I've just played GT since day one and never driven anything around a track apart for a Go Kart nor have I any proper experience with mechanic's.

I can't take part in anything PS3-related as the laser has got some problems (can't read discs).

Thanks @monkeywall. I speculated that the physics in GT6 were perfectly OK, except they deliberately put A LOT of camber change into the cars to try and simplify things which is why high ride height with zero camber worked so well to get the tyres to bite properly, rather than low with lots of camber.....which is possibly the norm now in GTS?

Having read lots of beta feedback, it seems some things will never, ever get sorted because no one hardly cares about the finer racing infrastructure that's needed and could get easily fixed, like the two-wheels-on-track penalty for instance. I read that 90% of users still use a controller FFS, and so GT is all geared towards them.....I'm starting to think that many of us are wasting our time on a genre that is setup for kids really, unlike the other platforms that have an older, sensible user base who at least take it reasonably seriously. When I put forward sound ideas on how to improve to those struggling, it just gets ignored as well..so it just affirms what I have written here.

Last edited:
I read that 90% of users still use a controller FFS

Could be why I'm getting no where with the tunes that are being shared :banghead: I've given up trying them and I'm very nearly giving up on the beta. Sport mode is just like quick match. full contact :mad: Storagetrunks will return :)

I can't take part in anything PS3-related as the laser has got some problems (can't read discs).

Try this at your own risk, only saying this because I've heard of some trying it and completely messing it up. I've done it 3 times now and worked every time.

open up the ps, clean dust, open up the disk player, do not touch the lense, clean dust again. Now for the lense, get some hot water, hot but not as hot as a coffee, get a cotton wipe (translation unsure ?) dip the wipe in the water just enough to get it a little damp then wipe the lense with very little pressure. If you din't get the wipe too damp the lense should air dry straight away. stick it all back together and away you go should read disks.

Try this at your own risk, only saying this because I've heard of some trying it and completely messing it up. I've done it 3 times now and worked every time.

open up the ps, clean dust, open up the disk player, do not touch the lense, clean dust again. Now for the lense, get some hot water, hot but not as hot as a coffee, get a cotton wipe (translation unsure ?) dip the wipe in the water just enough to get it a little damp then wipe the lense with very little pressure. If you din't get the wipe too damp the lense should air dry straight away. stick it all back together and away you go should read disks.
This is a good advice. :)

Also, dont do what I did and open it up with the disc still in, it'll be a nightmare to get it back together.

If things go south, buy a new driver (I bought a used PS3 that was broken for 30£ and used that reader).
You just have to move the PCB over from the old one. :)

Back