[OPEN + LIMITED SPACES] European GT2 Series 2 - Finale 23rd October at Ring VLN!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 394 comments
I'm really enjoying it, more from a visual perspective than simulation. But I'm happy with what it offers all the same.

It is better with a wheel, from my point of view, but as Andrew said, it's very accessible with a controller too. Which for me is very good, as I can have a quick blast when the wheel is packed up, and still enjoy it.

I'm a bit disappointed with how they've implemented VR. It looks very good, but the only option (currently) for racing/driving is a 1on1, 2 lap battle. It would be nice to have time trial / practice and drift modento play in as well. Hopefully they can patch that in later.

Not raced online yet, thought I would get some miles under my belt etc.
So look forward to some racing soon.
Laters

I'm really enjoying it, more from a visual perspective than simulation. But I'm happy with what it offers all the same.

It is better with a wheel, from my point of view, but as Andrew said, it's very accessible with a controller too. Which for me is very good, as I can have a quick blast when the wheel is packed up, and still enjoy it.

I'm a bit disappointed with how they've implemented VR. It looks very good, but the only option (currently) for racing/driving is a 1on1, 2 lap battle. It would be nice to have time trial / practice and drift modento play in as well. Hopefully they can patch that in later.

Not raced online yet, thought I would get some miles under my belt etc.
So look forward to some racing soon.
Laters

Oh wow, so VR is just a two lap duel?

Man, that's really stopped me from wanting PSVR.

I'll probably be getting GT Sport in November, can't wait, if the demo was anything to go by.

Oh wow, so VR is just a two lap duel?

Man, that's really stopped me from wanting PSVR.

I'll probably be getting GT Sport in November, can't wait, if the demo was anything to go by.

Yeah, the VR situation is a shame really. However I’m sure they can patch some updates to remedy some of this. Also I see a official PlayStation vid, that mentioned you could race in VR with a Friend!!!

I’m also glad I only bought the base game (not paying extra for bonus stuff) as the cars and credits are easy to gain during your first few days of gameplay, As you play through the campaign stuff.

Admittedly there are probably some livery items etc that are hard to come by, but the great thing about the livery editor is (which I only realised last night), you can browse through the thousands of user created stuff and download them to use on your car. Instant Win 👍

@andrew1990 you mentioned about some Racing series/leagues being run in GTS, I would be interested to see what’s going down

Finally, does anyone plan to continue to with online races in AC?

I certainly want to, but appreciate there are only so many days in the week!

Laters

It'll be a Group 4 series, starting with all the cars and sub-classes for the different drivetrains. PD BoP for the first season then the car choice will be streamlined and a manual BoP created.

Likely to be starting in a couple of weeks time and also on a Monday with 6 races to get it in before Christmas. Details will be posted after this series finishes.

Yeah, the VR situation is a shame really. However I’m sure they can patch some updates to remedy some of this. Also I see a official PlayStation vid, that mentioned you could race in VR with a Friend!!!

I’m also glad I only bought the base game (not paying extra for bonus stuff) as the cars and credits are easy to gain during your first few days of gameplay, As you play through the campaign stuff.

Admittedly there are probably some livery items etc that are hard to come by, but the great thing about the livery editor is (which I only realised last night), you can browse through the thousands of user created stuff and download them to use on your car. Instant Win 👍

@andrew1990 you mentioned about some Racing series/leagues being run in GTS, I would be interested to see what’s going down

Finally, does anyone plan to continue to with online races in AC?

I certainly want to, but appreciate there are only so many days in the week!

Laters
I'll be racing on Assetto Corsa still not sure about getting GTSport at the moment grieves me to say but I may get PCARS2, what wheel support like on GTSport lads, what's the deal with pedals and shifters is it sorted yet?

Advanced notice - I'm planning for my Group 4 GTSport series to be starting on Monday 6th November. Details will be posted in the GTSport Online Racing Forum with players from here tagged in after the racing tonight. Thought I'd give everyone a heads up so you can get signed up and choose cars later if necessary.

Room for GT2 tonight will be opened at about 8:45pm BST.

Whats happening with quali is it still only 15 mins? If someone starts a lap with 1 minute to go do we have to wait for them to finish the lap? what happens if more than one person doesn't set a valid lap which is likely since we'll one get one flying lap

Ah good point. Can open the room at half 8 now so can extend qualy to 25m if that suits people? Time to get a sighting lap or 2 on the GP circuit to check settings.

Thanks for turning up! I'm going to do the points tomorrow. Managed to stay out the barriers more than I thought I'd be. GTSport Group 4 will have everyone here tagged in it but I'll probably post about that tomorrow as well. See you all on GTSport and well done to cubertom for the race win. Amazing pace!

Highlights of my race (not very exciting, no battling other cars)
00:00 - Pole Lap (8:10.018)
08:30 - Race start
09:42 - Glancing the barrier
09:55 - Fastest Lap (8:06.834)
18:10 - Off track
18:25 - Crash + spin
18:43 - Chequered Flag

Back